Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) (2867 Views)

The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by alphascorpio(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Did you ever make a conscious decision to accept God's solution of sin by accepting Jesus as your lord because of the conviction of the holyspirit?
If you didn't, then you were never a christian.
This line is tired bro. You need to come up with something new.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by UyiIredia(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly:
Technically he's right isn't he? I thought Atheism was supposed to be based on facts and logic. Sure knowledge is not belief it is what they consider fact or truth. Isn't it?

Sure atheism is based on facts and logic and it includes the belief that there is no God. I'm okay with defining atheism as a disbelief but so can Christianity. The inanity I detest is the statement that atheism is not a belief which is silly for reasons obvious from my aforesaid definition of atheism.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Sure atheism is based on facts and logic and it includes the belief that there is no God. I'm okay with defining atheism as a disbelief but so can Christianity. The inanity I detest is the statement that atheism is not a belief which is silly for reasons obvious from my aforesaid definition of atheism.

Shut up angry

You just have a way of vexing me cheesy
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up angry

You just have a way of vexing me cheesy
grin
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by texanomaly(f): 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Well, okay then Iredia. grin

Thanks
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by MrTroll(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
Some people really vex me with their PLAY...STOP...REWIND...PLAY AGAIN. angry

I mean, say something sensible or shut up!

Jesus blah blah blah...Bible blah blah blah meanwhile when called out to defend this full of sh.it bible they all ran away. Mcheew.

You keep using your religious dogma as standards of comparison of other religions of which you know nothing about...saved from sin nonsense!
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by UyiIredia(m): 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly:

Well, okay then Iredia. grin

Thanks

Cool !
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mr Troll: Some people really vex me with their PLAY...STOP...REWIND...PLAY AGAIN. angry

I mean, say something sensible or shut up!

Jesus blah blah blah...Bible blah blah blah meanwhile when called out to defend this full of sh.it bible they all ran away. Mcheew.

You keep using your religious dogma as standards of comparison of other religions of which you know nothing about...saved from sin nonsense!
bad belle

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: have you ever sinned before sir? Jesus came to save from sin.
And if you have sinned, which I'm sure you have, you stand guilty before God and he will have to judge you right when you die. To make you escape wrath and hell, God made a provision. He sent his word, jesus, to die and pay the penalty for your sins cuz he loves ya. Once you accept jesus' salvation, you're acquitted.

God heals and directs his children. He is a person. He speaks.

why do you guys often jump at every opportunity to preach and you don't forget to mention hell.
You then forget to answer all the questions
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2013
nwuyag:
why do you guys often jump at every opportunity to preach and you don't forget to mention hell.
You then forget to answer all the questions
because hell is real and terrible sir, and we don't want anyone to go there.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: because hell is real and terrible sir, and we don't want anyone to go there.

Except that you cant prove outside the bible or any religious book hell is real
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by MrTroll(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: bad belle

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
REWIND...STOP...PLAY cheesy

Guy you are a hopeless case. I hope you make heaven for all your troubles...Yahweh will be proud.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Heathen(m): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2013
double post.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Heathen(m): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2013
This "sin", what is it?
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by davidhume1: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2013
[quote
author
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by davidhume1: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: bad belle

In plain English: everyone that refuses Jesus is EVIL. And non believers only refuse Jesus in order to shield their EVILNESS

And y'all r supposed to be lambs? LOL
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Bella3(f): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Understand......The Abrahamic god doesnt exist but I can say the same for all other gods.....I remain agnostic on the other gods.

Eevolution doesnt disprove god.....only the Abrahamic god
I must admit this is a shocker!
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
david_hume:

In plain English: everyone that refuses Jesus is EVIL. And non believers only refuse Jesus in order to shield their EVILNESS

And y'all r supposed to be lambs? LOL
everyone that commits sin and is unwillingling to be free from sin is evil and rebellious and unloving. Sin is bad. Get your priorities straight sir. For sin, God will cast a man into hell for eternity. That's serious stuff.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bélla3: I must admit this is a shocker!

Bella!!!

I missed you!!

Hugs n kisses kiss kiss

Theres nothing shocking about my post naahh
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by davidhume1: 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: everyone that commits sin and is unwillingling to be free from sin is evil and rebellious and unloving. Sin is bad. Get your priorities straight sir. For sin, God will cast a man into hell for eternity. That's serious stuff.

All the more reason not to believe in your hell obsessed god
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Bella3(f): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bella!!!

I missed you!!

Hugs n kisses kiss kiss
finally you confessed!! What took you so long tongue

Theres nothing shocking about my post naahh
Very shocking, i always thought you were no 7. So you believe there is pissibility of a God??
INTERESTING!!!
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bélla3: finally you confessed!! What took you so long tongue
Very shocking, i always thought you were no 7. So you believe there is pissibility of a God??
INTERESTING!!!

Nah....I would be lying if I dont say that you are one of my favourite posters here......you always see the funny side to things

The same possibility that a giant tea cup is orbiting mars as we speak (as regards to god)
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by MrTroll(m): 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bélla3: finally you confessed!! What took you so long tongue
INTERESTING!!!
what's with you guys and BELIEF? Must everyone be confined in your thinking box?
Heathen: This "sin", what is it?

Whatever Yahweh deems it to be. Like... Not eaten pork, not wearing clothes made of some specific materials, not accepting bullshit etc.

But slavery is ok though, likewise genocide etc as long as he ordered it.

But if you try to object based on rationality and common sense though...HELL!!!!!!!
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Bella3(f): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: what's with you guys and BELIEF? Must everyone be confined in your thinking box?

oops... Sorry, i hit the wrong button.
Belief is not always associated with 'blind faith' ya'know...
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
david_hume:

All the more reason not to believe in your hell obsessed god
he's not a hell obsessed God. You're a hell headed person, and He's a love and salvation obsessed God.
That's the reason you hear him calling people to repent everyday. Like now. He's extravagant in saving from sin and giving eternal life.

It's just that some people accept this generous gift. Others refuse and rebel, building shallow false 'reasons' and 'foolish thinking' as their basis for rebellion. Why die? God is not interested in people going to hell.

For the wages of sin is death, but the FREE-GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Bella3(f): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Nah....I would be lying if I dont say that you are one of my favourite posters here......you always see the funny side to things

The same possibility that a giant tea cup is orbiting mars as we speak (as regards to god)
However, still a possibilty??
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mr Troll: what's with you guys and BELIEF? Must everyone be confined in your thinking box?

Whatever Yahweh deems it to be. Like... Not eaten pork, not wearing clothes made of some specific materials, not accepting bullshit etc.

But slavery is ok though, likewise genocide etc as long as he ordered it.

But if you try to object based on rationality and common sense though...HELL!!!!!!!
no. You're already hell-bound. He came to save.
he's not a hell obsessed God. You're a hell headed person, and He's a love and salvation obsessed God.
That's the reason you hear him calling people to repent everyday. Like now. He's extravagant in saving from sin and giving eternal life.

It's just that some people accept this generous gift. Others refuse and rebel, building shallow false 'reasons' and 'foolish thinking' as their basis for rebellion. Why die? God is not interested in people going to hell.

For the wages of sin is death, but the FREE-GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by MrTroll(m): 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
^^^

PLAY...END...REWIND...STOP...REPLAY...ad infinitum.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bélla3: However, still a possibilty??

A possibiity with impossible odds cheesy
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Heathen(m): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. You're already hell-bound. He came to save.

Sin is for christians and no one else right?
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Heathen: Sin is for christians and no one else right?

Can you put your question in better terms please?

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The difference is that we christians realized we were sinners and accept God's mercy and salvation and deliverance from the power of darkness.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Heathen(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sin is a construct of christianity, for christians and as such, should be of no concern to non- christians.

ps: i have never sinned.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

America Now Preparing For Apocalyptic Blast That Could End Human Civilisation / Why Did God Leave Me With Sexual Desires He Knows I Can't Control. / Benny Hinn Goes Back To His Vomit With Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.