Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) (2866 Views)

The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly:

Ok. I stand corrected.

Where do you stand on the scale?

I am number six
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

you read my mind.

There wouldnt be aids patient in TB Joshua's church if divine healing was true

Lol, I tire. I once had a girlfriend who had meningitis. Instead of taking her to the hospital for medical attention, she was taken to church for prayers. The situation kept worsening despite the prayers. Eventually when they noticed she might die, they rushed her to the hospital. She was fully treated and she recovered from it...

Guess what she told me when she was narrating the incidence to me. She said, the enemies wanted to kill her and were it not for the prayers of men of God, she might had lost her life. I was just laughing inside of me, isn't it obvious the prayers didn't work?

This is how people get divine healing
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Avicenna: 8:58am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

@ bold That is a misinterpration which muskeeto did....

Sha...i understand

Actually,that useless argument is more common than you think.....

Anyhow, i dont see how that statement negates atheism sha.
Its just reinforcing the total non existence of God. Not even disbelief........God does not exist.....full stop.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by texanomaly(f): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Where do you stand on the scale?

I am number six
The scale of what?
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly:
The scale of what?

Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2013
Avicenna:

Actually,that useless argument is more common than you think.....

Anyhow, i dont see how that statement negates atheism sha.
Its just reinforcing the total non existence of God. Not even disbelief........God does not exist.....full stop.

Where are you on the scale?
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Avicenna: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2013
I am Number 7 on the scale by the way.

Gerrriittt??
Number f.u.kk.ing 7!
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Avicenna: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2013
Excuse me as i go and pray grin grin grin
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2013
Avicenna: I am Number 7 on the scale by the way.

Gerrriittt??
Number f.u.kk.ing 7!

Lol
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by texanomaly(f): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

I am a #1
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly:
I am a #1

Honestly, I tot you would be number 2
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by texanomaly(f): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Honestly, I tot you would be number 2
Really? Interesting. Why would you say that?
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:10am On Oct 15, 2013
@ lb: God doesn't work that way. You're claim is wrong. There are laws of healing you see, one of them is faith. I can't believe you're saying this. You might as well say: "sickness doesn't exist, because some people are healthy"

You gotta have faith to be healed. Even Jesus couldn't heal some folks cuz they didn't believe.

@rationalmind: you've started again like mazaje. Allah does not save from sin.
Whether you claim to be atheist or muslim or even christian. If you're not saved from sin. You don't know God. You stand guilty and condemned before him. Simple.

I've seen people healed. I've been healed meself.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: @ lb: God doesn't work that way. You're claim is wrong. There are laws of healing you see, one of them is faith. I can't believe you're saying this. You might as well say: "sickness doesn't exist, because some people are healthy"

You gotta have faith to be healed. Even Jesus couldn't heal some folks cuz they didn't believe.

Whether you claim to be atheist or muslim or even christian. If you're not saved from sin. You don't know God. You stand guilty and condemned before him. Simple.

Jesus doesn't save from sin. What right have to tell me Allah doesn't save from sin? He has saved me from sin and talks to me everyday. Accept Mohammed(pbuh) as Gods last messenger or u'll burn in hell for eternity.

If u pray to a stone and have faith in the stone, your prayer will still be answered.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2013
rationalmind:

Jesus doesn't save from sin. What right have to tell me Allah doesn't save from sin? He has saved me from sin and talks to me everyday. Accept Mohammed(pbuh) as Gods last messenger or u'll burn in hell for eternity.

If u pray to a stone and have faith in the stone, your prayer will still be answered.
you're a bald faced liar. The fact that you're lying now shows that you're not saved from sin. Jesus saves. Know that God will not cast you into hell for not believing in him, he'll cast you into hell as a just punishment for your wicked ways.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: you're a bald faced liar. The fact that you're lying now shows that you're not saved from sin. Jesus saves. Know that God will not cast you into hell for not believing in him, he'll cast you into hell as a just punishment for your wicked ways.

Lol, you completely missed the point. The same way ure sure Jesus is the way is the same way a muslim is sure mohammed is Gods last messenger and also the way.

And ure wrong. God will not just cast into hell cos of wicked ways.

John 3:16 says, For God so loved the world, that he gave us his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

That means, whosoever disbelieves in him will perish and not have everlasting life.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by manmustwac(m): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2013
Avicenna: I am Number 7 on the scale by the way.

Gerrriittt??
Number f.u.kk.ing 7!
Me to. I'd even be number 8 if it was on the list

@logicboy how can you be number 6 instead of 7 when you & I know that evolution is a better answer to the origins of life to the creation story?

1 Like

Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 15, 2013
manmustwac: Me to. I'd even be number 8 if it was on the list

@logicboy how can you be number 6 instead of 7 when you & I know that evolution is a better answer to the origins of life to the creation story?

Understand......The Abrahamic god doesnt exist but I can say the same for all other gods.....I remain agnostic on the other gods.

Eevolution doesnt disprove god.....only the Abrahamic god
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:53am On Oct 15, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, you completely missed the point. The same way ure sure Jesus is the way is the same way a muslim is sure mohammed is Gods last messenger and also the way.

John 3:16 says, For God so loved the world, that he gave us his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

That means, whosoever disbelieves in him will perish and not have everlasting life.
no sir. The reason God sent jesus is cuz we're already condemned. We'Re already under guilt and condemnation and on our way to perish because of our sin. Jesus came and bore the punishment for our sins. So as long as you believe and accept his solution(which is salvation), you should not perish sir! God will declare you innocent due to lack of evidence. You can read the verses after John 3:16. I mean verses 17-19
Does that make sense to you?

John 3:
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2013
rationalmind:

have you ever spoken with a muslim before? Nobody is immune to God's word sir.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:57am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Understand......The Abrahamic god doesnt exist but I can say the same for all other gods.....I remain agnostic on the other gods.

Eevolution doesnt disprove god.....only the Abrahamic god
the moment you give me any proof of evolution. I'll never preach again.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Lordlexyy: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

you read my mind.

There wouldnt be aids patient in TB Joshua's church if divine healing was true
Totaly irrational to disbelieve the existence of God when all possible options have not been exploited. What happen to all the miracles we have witnessed, what do you call them, in your word 'stage manage'. Grow up LB. God cannot be known by logic, it is an encounter, an experience, a divine spiritual knowledge that is void of reasoning. Calling miracles bluff is the height idiocy cos, you don't castigate what you know nothing about, i am saying this cos, i am a product of the very miracle you are trying hard to ridicule. Beside, miracle is an act that must be initiated by one's faith. Therefore, saying all aids victim should be healed in synagogue, shows your lack of understanding of the scripture and a pre determine mind to cast aspersion on God even if the very evidence of His existence is set b4 you.

1 Like

Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by alphascorpio(m): 10:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Lordlexyy: Totaly irrational to disbelieve the existence of God when all possible options have not been exploited. What happen to all the miracles we have witnessed, what do you call them, in your word 'stage manage'. Grow up LB. God cannot be known by logic, it is an encounter, an experience, a divine spiritual knowledge that is void of reasoning. Calling miracles bluff is the height idiocy cos, you don't castigate what you know nothing about, i am saying this cos, i am a product of the very miracle you are trying hard to ridicule. Beside, miracle is an act that must be initiated by one's faith. Therefore, saying all aids victim should be healed in synagogue, shows your lack of understanding of the scripture and a pre determine mind to cast aspersion on God even if the very evidence of His existence is set b4 you.
Blah blah blah! U christains need to come up with something new. Your argument above is really weak.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by alphascorpio(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: I've told you I feel God and talk with him everyday. There're things beyond the physical. It's a spiritual thing. And it's just as real. Almost even more real. I speak with God and communicate with him through the holy spirit. I keep understanding his word through the holy spirit

Not just that, the creation itself is a proof of what is written in God's word. Times of ignorance are long gone.
When you communicate with your god does he reply you? As in do you hear a voice? Can this voice be recorded?
U folks don't realise that religion is just psychological, it messes with your head. When I was a christain I used to "feel" the holy spirit all over me whenever the choir was singing but now as an atheist I still get that same feeling when I listen to Adele, Taylor swift and Emily sande
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Lordlexyy: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: @ lb: God doesn't work that way. You're claim is wrong. There are laws of healing you see, one of them is faith. I can't believe you're saying this. You might as well say: "sickness doesn't exist, because some people are healthy"

Thanks bros Josh. That's exactly what i had pointed in my post. Why would someone just sit down somewhere and disprove what i had experience (a healing that defiled medication instantaniously)? There were physical encounter i had that i managed to share on other threads, which they never responded to. Everything about these guys is definitely pointing to what the scripture said about those who have burnt their consciousness to follow their craving or mind.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by alphascorpio(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2013
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Lordlexyy: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2013
alpha_scorpio:
When you communicate with your god does he reply you? As in do you hear a voice? Can this voice be recorded?
U folks don't realise that religion is just psychological, it messes with your head. When I was a christain I used to "feel" the holy spirit all over me whenever the choir was singing but now as an atheist I still get that same feeling when I listen to Adele, Taylor swift and Emily sande
When you subject your Christianity to some feeling of ectacy, that is religion .....make me feel good.... True Christianity goes beyond that. Nobody can ever successfuly explain this divine encounter to you. It is better known to you. You can't have this and still remain the same. It is personal and unexplainable. No wonder Christ said that 'the things of God are foolishness to the world', so i perfectly understand where you are coming from.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2013
Lordlexyy: When you subject your Christianity to some feeling of ectacy, that is religion .....make me feel good.... True Christianity goes beyond that. Nobody can ever successfuly explain this divine encounter to you. It is better known to you. You can't have this and still remain the same. It is personal and unexplainable. No wonder Christ said that 'the things of God are foolishness to the world', so i perfectly understand where you are coming from.
thank God for this post.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by alphascorpio(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2013
Lordlexyy: When you subject your Christianity to some feeling of ectacy, that is religion .....make me feel good.... True Christianity goes beyond that. Nobody can ever successfuly explain this divine encounter to you. It is better known to you. You can't have this and still remain the same. It is personal and unexplainable. No wonder Christ said that 'the things of God are foolishness to the world', so i perfectly understand where you are coming from.
Arguing with christains is really a waste of time, they always end up saying " you were never a true christain thats why you didn't have a divine encounter" "you didn't have enough faith" blah blah blah. That's all bullsh1t.
I really don't blame you though. A couple of years ago I would have been on your side and I would have cursed out anybody who told me there was no god and my religion was bullsh1t. When I was a teenager I was even an alter boy in the catholic church, at some point I was even considering becoming a priest.
Atheism is a personal journey based on your experiences in life and your abilty to think for yourself so I don't think any amount of argument online will change your mind. Nobody preached atheism to me, I became an atheist through personal logical thinking so I'm not gonna preach atheism to you.
Enough said. Let me go and eat sallah meat. I'm out!
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
alpha_scorpio:
Arguing with christains is really a waste of time, they always end up saying " you were never a true christain thats why you didn't have a divine encounter" "you didn't have enough faith" blah blah blah. That's all bullsh1t.
I really don't blame you though. A couple of years ago I would have been on your side and I would have cursed out anybody who told me there was no god and my religion was bullsh1t. When I was a teenager I was even an alter boy in the catholic church, at some point I was even considering becoming a priest.
Atheism is a personal journey based on your experiences in life and your abilty to think for yourself so I don't think any amount of argument online will change your mind. Nobody preached atheism to me, I became an atheist through personal logical thinking so I'm not gonna preach atheism to you.
Enough said. Let me go and eat sallah meat. I'm out!
when have we ever cursed you because you didn't respond? On the contrary, we are insulted and demeaned everyday as we preach out of the urgency of God's love.

Did you ever make a conscious decision to accept God's solution of sin by accepting Jesus as your lord because of the conviction of the holyspirit?
If you didn't, then you were never a christian. You were just a religious person serving in the church. You never knew God. If you ever knew God at a point in your life, our discussion would be different sir.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: when have we ever cursed you because you didn't respond? On the contrary, we are insulted and demeaned everyday as we preach out of the urgency of God's love.

Did you ever make a conscious decision to accept God's solution of sin by accepting Jesus as your lord because of the conviction of the holyspirit?
If you didn't, then you were never a christian. You were just a religious person serving in the church. You never knew God. If you ever knew God at a point in your life, our discussion would be different sir.
What do you mean by accepting Jesus as my lord ( and savior)? what is he saving me from that I caused?. I have heard this so many times but have so many questions to it.
How do you also differentiate between Jesus and holyspirit in your spirit when you don't see them afterall and also differentiate that from mental feelings?. I think I will call this self imposed schiznophera and you want to spread that disease.
Re: It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) by Joshthefirst(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
nwuyag:
What do you mean by accepting Jesus as my lord ( and savior)? what is he saving me from that I caused?. I have heard this so many times but have so many questions to it.
How do you also differentiate between Jesus and holyspirit in your spirit when you don't see them afterall and also differentiate that from mental feelings?. I think I will call this self imposed schiznophera and you want to spread that disease.
have you ever sinned before sir? Jesus came to save from sin.
And if you have sinned, which I'm sure you have, you stand guilty before God and he will have to judge you right when you die. To make you escape wrath and hell, God made a provision. He sent his word, jesus, to die and pay the penalty for your sins cuz he loves ya. Once you accept jesus' salvation, you're acquitted.

God heals and directs his children. He is a person. He speaks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Has No Religion. True Or False? / Vessel Unto Honour. RCCG Open Heavens. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor Adeboy / Juju: Real Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.