Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? (10044 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / Young Lady About To Acquire Her First Car / Advice On First Car To Buy (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Yvete(f): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Wanna cry grin
First accident was in Christmas 2005. I was learning how to drive, no license permit, no driver's license, no insurance, minimal experience. I was driving a friend's car and he was sitting at the passenger's front seat. Rule is, to make a left turn at a traffic stop, you need to give right of way, I didn't know. I got to an intersection speeding as usual, next thing I know, I ran into a brand new Toyota Avalon. Did you read brand new? Yes and the car was wrecked beyond recognition and the driver (really old man) was picked up by an ambulance. Before the police arrived the scene, my friend jumped into the driver's seat to claim responsibility for everything or else, maybe I would have gone to jail that night.

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Bsideboi(m): 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
My mum had just arrived from market @ Adeyemo Alakija junct. with plenty cartons of spaghetti,tin tomatoes and d rest .She called me to bring a Wheel barrow to carry d stuffs so i reversed d wheel barrow and started for the junction...on my way ,there was heavy traffic along Adeyemo Alakija so i was jst manouevering my wheelbarrow like a pro cheesy... NA SO I GO SCRATCH ONE HEAVY TOYOTA PRADO SUV..i saw the driver coming down but i jst pretended nothing happened d driver couldnt pursue mecheesy cheesy ....u wan take Prado jeep catch wheel barrow for go slow neh cheesy cheesy

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by dammytex: 4:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Are you sure you want to hear? 5:00 am + 120km/hr + 3rd Mainland bridge + covet + 3 airbags + car stopping near water + 2 tyre burst + write off + thanksgiving in church + Insurance gbese + claims payment + add more money = buy the latest model.

Summary; my first and only bashing became a testimony.

And don't ask me where I was coming from at 5:00 am on Saturday morning because I won't tell. Amebo.....
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by 0Dynamic0(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
I ran into a parked car while learning to drive. Luckily, the owner was a kind man who let me go.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Shedysworld(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
If you live in abuja (the karu and nyanya axis) it's almost impossible to avoid bashing! Though have been quite lucky not to bash anyone, but the scrathes are the annoying thing. Just last week during the closing rush hour's of the day when most people drive as if they are under the influence of hard drugs, switching lanes at will in bid to evade the "go slow" one james bond just left his lane and wanted coming in front of me and expect me to slow down and give him space, instead of slowing i accelerated and in the process scratched his sienna from side, I knew i was on the save end since it was not from the back i touched his car. The guy immediately jumped out to make noise thinkiing I hit is car from back, now discovered it was the side, before he could say anything i start shouting at him, while smiling in my heart cos i knew I thought him a lesson. He just quitely went back into his car cos he knew he had no case.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by 1010101: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
I was hit by illegal Mexican dude trying to make illegal U'turn. He was just about to do what they do best "hit and run" once I saw he was Mexican I didn't give him the chance to.

I heard his mates driving by and yelling "vamonos" lol.. The funny thing is, he refused to give me his info not like I was gonna take it anyway without the police cuz those mofo will hit you, give you their info if you're lucky enough they stop or you don't give them chance of escape, they will use me no speak English to work with their insurance company to make it look like they didn't know what happened lol.

Good news, no injuries but car was totaled and I got just the value of my car.. Went for physical therapy/medical checkups all on his insurance expense smiley Got a few $thousands from my insurance smiley

Most recent:

Two days ago I ran into a tree near a stop sign while trying not to hit some bastarrd dog that appeard from nowhere. My car was madly damaged. Good news, no injuries but my 7yr old niece was terrified and the dog got away safely. #progressiveisthere #no worries.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by kamez(m): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mine was in 2007 I was still in my 2nd year in imsu I came home for the weekend and was asked to was popsie's car... I had just started driving back den so after washing I decieded to flex the car small. Never knew it was in gear so as I start am na straight to the fence in front.. The whole bumber and front headlamp scatter... I just left the key in the ignition and ran back to my hostel in skul wearin just my jean short and sleevless...

Anyway popsie siezed my allowance for one month... It was my room mate and elder sis dat was also in the same skul with me dat saved me from dying of hunger during dat one month...

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by onyichick(f): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
2tex:

Same tin here bro. As I'm typing dis, am @ d parnel beater. God punish Devil I swear.
eyaaaa sori n d worst part be say moni wey u don plan to use 4 sumtin else u end up spending it on d car.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by onyichick(f): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
my post made front page yeeeeeeaaaa.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by jeffizy(m): 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
I did'nt have earlier experience of 'convoy' riding.
It happened that we went for a club party and we were all driving fender to bumper .
All of a sudden, my guy at the front slammed the brakes and he had no brake-lights!
I rammed into his car, sending both of us spinning to the road side.
2 things happened that was amazing.
....1. The car was mashed off to the windscreen but I had not a single scratch.
....2 . The cd player was still blasting and guess what song was on?
... Eh,eh, you don hit my car, oyinbo repete by tony tetuila.
I thank God for his mercy.

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Dreamytosin(m): 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nice topic! Mine happened right in my compound, on that fateful morning after cleaning the car and was trying to warm the engine but forgot the gear shift was on gear-1, I was even sitting so confidentially with one of my leg outside but to my greatest surprised the car just bump towards the wall alas! My windscreen broke into pieces and the fence done so much damage to the bonnet and head-light. It was since then I hate Manual car bc it won't have happened if it was automatic...smiley
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by 735i(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
jeffizy: I did'nt have earlier experience of 'convoy' riding.
It happened that we went for a club party and we were all driving fender to bumper .
All of a sudden, my guy at the front slammed the brakes and he had no brake-lights!
I rammed into his car, sending both of us spinning to the road side.
2 things happened that was amazing.
....1. The car was mashed off to the windscreen but I had not a single scratch.
....2 . The cd player was still blasting and guess what song was on?
... Eh,eh, you don hit my car, oyinbo repete by tony tetuila.
I thank God for his mercy.

Lobatan!!!

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by GboyegaD(m): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
It was my 2nd day of real driving. I had promised myself that I was only attending driving school at most 7 times and I had only attended it 5 times when I felt the urge to drive to work. I went to work with a colleague the first day and it was all smooth and same thing the 2nd morning. I was almost home and was carried away with the excitement that I bumped into someone's rear. It wasn't funny cos i spoilt my bonnet but the good side was that it didn't cost me so much to fix.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Orikinla(m): 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
It was in 1987 and I was working as a young editor and still learning how to drive.
I nearly killed somebody and wrecked the Volkswagen Beetle of a journalist and cost me half of the price of a new one for the repairs.
But the Toyota SUV I was driving was not really damaged. Hitting the car saved me from plunging into the Kirikiri Canal in Lagos.
The regret was the guy I was going to help to get a job when I had the accident never even bothered to know how I paid for the repairs of the car I damaged till date.

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Prodigee: 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
lol...mine happened just yesterday...still feeling bad about it: was trying to repark mum's car while it was raining; didn't know when d rear hit a pillar...not much damage though.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by redsquare(m): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Bsideboi: My mum had just arrived from market @ Adeyemo Alakija junct. with plenty cartons of spaghetti,tin tomatoes and d rest .She called me to bring a Wheel barrow to carry d stuffs so i reversed d wheel barrow and started for the junction...on my way ,there was heavy traffic along Adeyemo Alakija so i was jst manouevering my wheelbarrow like a pro cheesy... NA SO I GO SCRATCH ONE HEAVY TOYOTA PRADO SUV..i saw the driver coming down but i jst pretended nothing happened d driver couldnt pursue mecheesy cheesy ....u wan take Prado jeep catch wheel barrow for go slow neh cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Una no go kill me for Nairaland ooooooooooooo.

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by sirabbey(m): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Yvete: Wanna cry grin
First accident was in Christmas 2005. I was learning how to drive, no license permit, no driver's license, no insurance, minimal experience. I was driving a friend's car and he was sitting at the passenger's front seat. Rule is, to make a left turn at a traffic stop, you need to give right of way, I didn't know. I got to an intersection speeding as usual, next thing I know, I ran into a brand new Toyota Avalon. Did you read brand new? Yes and the car was wrecked beyond recognition and the driver (really old man), picked up by an ambulance. Before the police arrived the scene, my friend jumped into the driver's seat to claim responsibility for everything or else, maybe I would have gone to jail that night.

A friend indeed. just in case he propose, I think he is a husband material grin !

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by drnairalov: 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
well..ve had lot of crashes, my 1st...i was still fresh into driving... my uncle just camr frm an eye surgery, so i drove him around,waz about 2 reverse 2 park well, nd he waz like he is checkn 4 me... i 8beyed his orders until i reversd in2 a nepa pole.....niccur wasn seein shit *sadface

den i crashd a seventh day adventist church, building dey just erected.. the fence scattered ...i was also reversing...*i waznt 2 good at using my mirrors...

pastor told me 2 bring #10,000 2 erect it back.... i brought d moni d nextday....but he said i shud not worry again..there re good people out dere anywayz..#okbye

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by buoye1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
So so sweet like I shld keep crashing grin
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
My last bash happened 3weeks ago and yes i was knocked down by a parked car menh it was painful
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by coalcoal1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mine happened in the year 2001 in lagos. I was coming from the island with a friend who incidentally was one of femi otedola's drivers. it was a honda civic, 92 model. We saw tinubu's convoy and my friend told me to let him drive that am not good enough to follow the gov's convoy.
He took over and while driving, we realized they were on their way to ikeja, same as us. We had just reached opebi when my friend suddenly ran into the last vehicle on the convoy. Like a movie, the security men came down, put us in the convoy and were behind us pointing guns at us accusing us that we were sent to kill tinubu.
You can imagine the fear on our faces. When we got to the gov's office at alausa, we were to be locked up but luck smiled on us when one of the senior security men recognized my friend as someone who works for zenon. That was our saving grace. Meanwhile, as soon as we were freed, we had to use the last 2k we withdrew from societe generale bank atm on the island to fix my car
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Mishydoo(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
I use my mumsy car go carry my babe for front seat....I dey form BADT GUY dey blast music, come see one person wey I kw, comot my eye from road to wave....only to hear Gbosssaa!!! Four heafy men wey dia face squeeze by default just ball out of d bashed car.... (I no need tell u wetin bein dey dia mind)na my babe come beg for me embarassed embarassed embarassed

....dnt think am stupid! Have been driving for 4yrs without a scratch...is just love! grin
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by bbulldog(m): 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Una story sweet me die....... I bashed my dad morro, I drive am crashed gate, come tear the body like nlyon. I just leave the car runnay for 2days!.... My dad come beg me come house say he don forgive me

Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Stdhayour: 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
2007 crashed a neighbour's car, It was a bad day that devil drink water as i had to fix the car through my nose....
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Jagermeister(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Very entertaining thread...nairalanders are the most funny, I don laff tire... Well one-time while rushing to pick-up cash @ surulere with my mazda,still very close to my house I swerved sharply and hit a bike so violently dat I nearly condemned it,I hurt both rider & passenger,well dats what u get for driving a 6-cylinder,I love them though.. Well d mazda made me a better driver, sadly I don't drive it anymore.. I drive a white-coloured lexus now,its a V6 too but no scratches,6-months down! I've also badly bruised a friends H/pilot...I was riding her somewhere, so so embarassing, I felt like shitting myself! She had to take d wheels...
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by kinguwem: 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
In 2007 I was driving a Benz 230E from Jalingo to Calabar. I decided to follow the convoy of a governor close to Adikpo. While slowing down at a junction my car was hit at the back by a Honda Ala owned by a Hon. House of Rep. member. The best he did for me was to give me N15,000. What a stingy fellow? I still arrived Calabar safely. I spent about N100,000 to repair the car including re-painting. Since then, I don't follow conveys again.
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by aliumik: 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Even keke napep people go come here dey talk of bashing.....all join sha....lol
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Jagermeister(m): 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Also I forgot to mention my sissy's experience, she totalled my neigbours EOD while learning, dude spend about a hundred gees on repairs & replacements... Now my girlfriend is asking to learn, hmmmm! Not my lexus though grin
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by onyichick(f): 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
coal_coal: Mine happened in the year 2001 in lagos. I was coming from the island with a friend who incidentally was one of femi otedola's drivers. it was a honda civic, 92 model. We saw tinubu's convoy and my friend told me to let him drive that am not good enough to follow the gov's convoy.
He took over and while driving, we realized they were on their way to ikeja, same as us. We had just reached opebi when my friend suddenly ran into the last vehicle on the convoy. Like a movie, the security men came down, put us in the convoy and were behind us pointing guns at us accusing us that we were sent to kill tinubu.
You can imagine the fear on our faces. When we got to the gov's office at alausa, we were to be locked up but luck smiled on us when one of the senior security men recognized my friend as someone who works for zenon. That was our saving grace. Meanwhile, as soon as we were freed, we had to use the last 2k we withdrew from societe generale bank atm on the island to fix my car
hilarious, imagine wat wld hv happened if no one recognised ur frnd.we 4 see ur face allover social media n tv say u wan kill governor
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
My first bash happened at a round about. I can't even narrate what happened, The whole incidence still dey be like magic for my eyes sad sad sad
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by Dreamytosin(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
All na motor wey man dey use move around, let's hear your bashing experience with Keke fashola..lol
aliumik: Even keke napep people go come here dey talk of bashing.....all join sha....lol
Re: How Was Your First Car Bashing Experience? by clemmonce(m): 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
it all happened on this beautiful day. trouble sleep yango go wake am. i stole my dad's car key after playing need for speed. i enter road oo. i now got to a tiny road too tiny.because i be amateur na so out of fear trying to shift too much for the car coming. na so i go jam one man car the car dey near main road. o boy as people pursue me i had to stop and park,o boy u nid to see beg that day i never beg and lie against my family like dat before i lie say my papa maRry two wife say my papa no like my mama and her children which i dey among. u knw wat? the man no agree o. na so i tell the man i go come give am money tommorow he say na 4k he go collect. guys, this man follow me go house he say he wan knw my house. luckily for me which i thought, my plan was that i wil tel my dad that it was okada men that hit the car where he parked it outside in the street.The next day i was to go see this man in the afternoon oo. gbam na so i see baba for our door knocking na my elder sis come go open door na there matteR cast.

another one.
i jam one woman wey dey hawk salad not as if i jam am self the car just touch her small na so she dey shout say i don jam her. o boy na so i give her 400h. na so she PHem. PHem.

that is the story of amateur driving life

Uber Signs Deal With Volvo To Buy 24,000 Self-Driving SUVs For Taxi Fleet / How Reliable Is The Infinity FX35 / 5 Typical Reasons Why Your Car Fails To Start

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71