Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only (7910 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / .:: Christ Embassy Chatbox ::. For BLW Members ONLY / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Thank you ATMC for organising the vote.

We have adopted option 2: Each category winner gets one thread on the FP while the overall winner gets a thread stickied for one month.
Do you realise that that option got only 3 votes in favour? And 2 other people didn't vote on any option?

There's also the small matter of Pagan's grudge. . . ?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mr Troll: Do you realise that that option got only 3 votes in favour? And 2 other people didn't vote on any option?

There's also the small matter of Pagan's grudge. . . ?

it got 4 votes. alfa, ishilove, troll & divepen.

I will try and reason with pagan.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

My problem was with the previous vote.

Alfa neglected the duty assigned to him and made ATMC organize it.

That was the most important vote since it determined the price winners would get.

However ATMC is of stingy nature and since she is a christian, she is naturally very biased.

She just listed the suggestions that she herself suggested and neglected our suggestions.

A vote is supposed to have options that encompass different spheres of thought, not just the biased thought of one person.

Pagan I understand your grudge. The problem is that this is the first time a "compensation" for award is being tried on NL. There ought to be hiccups. We learn from it and move forward. The voted option may not be the best but it's a start. It's not even a guarantee as the mods may even modify it or ignore it.

We have done the important work and got the ball rolling. Another round of vote will not significantly change anything so I beg you to let it go.

Let Mr. Troll write up a report and I would love Mr troll to include other recommendations in his report even if not voted on so that mods have fall-back options in case our resolution were rejected.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

it got 4 votes. alfa, ishilove, troll & divepen.

I will try and reason with pagan.
Ok.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2013
COMPREHENSIVE REPORT OF THE END OF YEAR RELIGIOUS SECTION AWARDS ORGANIZNG PANEL

Without having to say much nonsense by way of protocol, I’d like to go straight to the point…

This organization panel was formed with the help of striklymi and we were given the mandate of organizing how this year’s award was going to look like with the following options in mind:

What award(s) is to be given this year?

How to nominate

Who has a right to nominate

When to nominate

How to vote

Who has a right to vote

When to vote

Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.

The panel members decided to open a thread for the deliberations and each decision was subjected to a vote in which 4 votes were needed in order to carry a motion. The final deliberations are as follows…

1) What award(s) is/are to be given this year?

5 Awards were decided:

A - Best poster for the year
B- Best christian poster
C - Best Non-christian religious poster
D - Best thread
E - Best Irreligious poster

2) How to nominate

- Each member can nominate 2 people.
- Only active members registered before 01/10/2013 can be nominated.
- A member can nominate him/herself if he/she meets the appropriate criterion for nomination as stated above
- The 3 nominees with the highest number of nominations will be now stand to be voted for.

3) Who can nominate

Everybody can nominate on condition that they already made at least 30 posts in the religious section. This is excluding folks with known duplicate monikers. For example, Alfa Seltzer is allowed to nominate but all his other ‘Alfa bots’ are not allowed to nominate.

4) When to nominate

Nominations to take place for 5 days from 1st December to 5th December 2013.

5) How to vote

Only one thread to be used for voting in which the 5 categories will be listed. Each voter will state the category and then vote on the moniker that is up for vote.

6) Who has a right to vote

Only those registered before 01/10/2013 that have spent more than 1 day online and have made at least 30 posts on the nairaland religious section.

7) When to vote.

10-15th December 2013(inclusive) for voting.

8.) Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.

Each category winner gets one thread on the FP while the overall winner gets a thread stickied for one month

Pls note that option 8 is subject to the agreement of the religious section MODs. Also, if the MODs do agree to the suggestion, the winners will have to come up with threads that are worthy of making FP which will still have to be scrutinized by the MODs. On the other hand, if the FP option is not feasible as decided by the MODs then I personally suggest we make an E-plaque for the various winners.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why I Gave My Life To Jesus / You Shall Not Die But Live / End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.