Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon (28455 Views)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Borno Market This Afternoon / Buhari Attended Jumaat Prayers At Mambila Mosque Earlier This Afternoon [photos] / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by ProfChris10(m): 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Codedrock:
when will nigerians stop using AM FOR I'M? Even our celebs make same mistake on twitter.
and why the hasty generalization? #NIGERIANS# it would be better if you said some.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by hustla(m): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Rawdeal:

I "liked" ur post for the last line. People make things so hard sometimes. Doesn't change your story or who it may help even if its you by telling the story. Things could have gone badly for you. Big ups to you for speaking your mind even with your head at stake (not worth it to me tho). I pray one of these days you make the difference you seem to want to make

If only men would listen twice as much as they speak.
Even foolish men sometimes make wise statements.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Sloan: 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

I live in a country where average, random people can afford to go and buy bird food and feed the beds of the air for fun in their car parks just before they start work in the morning. What a sight when you see like dozens or hundreds of birds, playing around in a parking lot, chirping while eating the food being given to them by someone who is just any average person. The birds were never hungry in the first place but just for the fun of it! Meanwhile, a lot of Nigerians cannot afford to eat and feed themselves decently without stealing, corruption or being involved in some vice. Well, you all deserve your suffering, no need to worry! I am glad I can read your horror stories from a huge distance and not have my life messed around by a bunch of stu.pid country men who elect foo.ls like retardeen GEJ and their useless governors.

9 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Dochris(m): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Oga driver, I love this bus ride you know; very interesting but don't just pass Kaduna Street Bus Stop by Niger. Ka nmee ka imere . I need to be neat as well
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by ujchief(m): 11:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
I see the vultures have circled this thread; spreading their tribal fangs and seek whom to devour.

#unfollows thread#
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Sloan: 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
ujchief: I see the vultures have circled this thread; spreading their tribal fangs and seek whom to devour.

#unfollows thread#

The OP could have gotten the reward of your blind support today and yet look at your comment? Will unfollowing this thread feed the hordes of unemployed in Nigeria who are sure to corner one of you dolts supporting your retarde.d GEJ? Well, it is only a matter of time.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by iphoneloaded(m): 11:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by hikmoj(m): 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Why naijeria feofle i no dey bilif am fo ferson,fls yaro,she dey no kil u?if dey no kil u i tank am fo God fo u.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Funpeter: 11:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sloan: Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

I live in a country where average, random people can afford to go and buy bird food and feed the beds of the air for fun in their car parks just before they start work in the morning. What a sight when you see like dozens or hundreds of birds, playing around in a parking lot, chirping while eating the food being given to them by someone who is just any average person. The birds were never hungry in the first place but just for the fun of it! Meanwhile, a lot of Nigerians cannot afford to eat and feed themselves decently without stealing, corruption or being involved in some vice. Well, you all deserve your suffering, no need to worry! I am glad I can read your horror stories from a huge distance and not have my life messed around by a bunch of stu.pid country men who elect foo.ls like retardeen GEJ and their useless governors.
What are you now insinuating? You better respect yourself. I dont want to know where you come from be it UK, USA and so on i dont care but an insult on my country i will not take .
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sorry your story looks kinda fake or the thief is not a smart 1. No thief will like to rob you alone where people are passing cos of the fear bin caught nd u know wat happens to dem when dey get caught so they are extra careful now. You made mention of giving him N500 how did you give him d money without him seeing d remaining money you have cos he saw dat money that is why he wanted more. Plus you know dat place is notorious for arm robbery attacks nd you still went there. My dear fear God o. Which arm robber will sit down wit you and be discussing about our countries problem. Nd you are advising him to marry a woman who can clean him up som1 dat is not ready to do a decent job and is robbing pple u except him to marry some1 dat he will be beating up. If he comes to marry ur sister will you agree?
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ms_Steph: Sorry your story looks kinda fake or the thief is not a smart 1. No thief will like to rob you alone where people are passing cos of the fear bin caught nd u know wat happens to dem when dey get caught so they are extra careful now.
are you in Nigeria??lol in Bayelsa,some months ago,good* boys would organise themselves and start robbing shops, not at night, but during the day, some people even get molested in the evening, all these happen along the street and not on a bush path, open your eyes, this is Nigeria, anything is possible.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sloan: Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

mister man abeg stop forming what you don't know. D place you are bragging about dey have armed robbers? Feeding bird ko pigeon ni. Havnt you heard of homeless people take a time and stroll thru ur city and tell me if you won't see a homeless man or hear of robbery attacks abi its cos dis is called "nairaland" you think some of us have nevr bin outside nigeria. Abeg stay within d topic dis guys story lame and hard to believe dat is why people are making such comments

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Americanvisa: 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
This world is sweet if not............................ pls continue ya story whether na true or not am enjoying it
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 16, 2013
Elliotwiz1: are you in Nigeria??lol in Bayelsa,some months ago,good* boys would organise themselves and start robbing shops, not at night, but during the day, some people even get molested in the evening, all these happen along the street and not on a bush path, open your eyes, this is Nigeria, anything is possible.
like u said "boys" this art was done by a single person nd remember he said pple passed dat same road its not a lonely road dat pple pass like every 30mintes. A single person can't rob shops he needs help even a single person can't go about robbing homes.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Americanvisa: 12:02am On Oct 16, 2013
@Sloan, is Goodluck the problem of Nigeria,is like Nigeria got her Independence in 2011, please go sleep jare
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 16, 2013
Americanvisa: Ms Steph, is Goodluck the problem of Nigeria,is like Nigeria got her Independence in 2011, please go sleep jare
lool. I guess its either you don't know how to read or don't know how nairaland works. I nevr said anything about ur president so read b4 u run ur mouth
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Americanvisa: 12:10am On Oct 16, 2013
Ms_Steph: lool. I guess its either you don't know how to read or don't know how nairaland works. I nevr said anything about ur president so read b4 u run ur mouth

You suppose to know that you are not the one that am referring but that was a mix up, sorry
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 16, 2013
Americanvisa:

You suppose to know that you are not the one that am referring but that was a mix up, sorry
am not a mind reader so I not suppose to know. All I saw was my username anyways apology accepted
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Dannylux: 12:15am On Oct 16, 2013
I hate reading long stories. sorry
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by kabba7(m): 12:24am On Oct 16, 2013
Americanvisa: @Sloan, is Goodluck the problem of Nigeria,is like Nigeria got her Independence in 2011, please go sleep jare

Was Jonathan's 1st son the armed robber being referred to ?
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by adeyemi91(m): 1:14am On Oct 16, 2013
Insert Disc 2

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 16, 2013
@sloan; what country has 'car park' and allows feeding of birds [your word; beds'] in it? you are in south america, mr? nigeria, in time will better china and will rival america. be patient and hope you live long enough to see it.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by abbyrian(f): 1:28am On Oct 16, 2013
I served between 2012 april and 2013 feb in Umuahia and I stayed 2 streets away from that school mentioned in the post.
During my service year I used to hang out at primary schls, sometimes, I'll hangout @ deir stadium, whenever I sought a cool ambience. Umuahia is a small place with very few relaxation centres(don't know of any personally, apart from beer parlors and eateries.), if you're not an eatery person or a beer parlour person and you like to have some time to urself, u probably will find urself in OP's shoes.
Also, considering the high level of miscreants and 'poverty-stricken criminals' I noticed while I served, I have no reason to doubt OP's story.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Sloan: 1:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Ms_Steph: mister man abeg stop forming what you don't know. D place you are bragging about dey have armed robbers? Feeding bird ko pigeon ni. Havnt you heard of homeless people take a time and stroll thru ur city and tell me if you won't see a homeless man or hear of robbery attacks abi its cos dis is called "nairaland" you think some of us have nevr bin outside nigeria. Abeg stay within d topic dis guys story lame and hard to believe dat is why people are making such comments

Honestly, your comment really cracked me up! grin grin Which country outside Nigeria did you visit? Come my side here if you will not shout halleluyah and give me all kinds of kisses! grin grin In any case, I mean every word I posted and note, visiting some country even every year is different from it being your home, where you live, work, have a family and you can completely relate to. My only concern is that this bagger could have been killed by the robber and I am making a point that it is all down to the current economic situation of the country, but yet you attack me. Why? Well, if you people love Nigeria the way it is, GOODLUCK to all of YOU!

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by zubino(m): 1:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Well I stay in Umuahia, but I don't know if OPs story is true or false. I will like to say its not bravery to go into the kind of discussion OP claimed to have gone into with an armed robber. If his story is true - he should have understood that a person with a gun may not be in his senses. He can be acting under drug influence etc. OP - I guess u are a young man, how do u think your parents will feel to loose u at this age. Secondly, have u finished your assignment on earth.
I lost a friend to robbers some years ago because of argument. The correct thing to do under such circumstances should be to play fool and handover whatever is in your possession.

@ Sloan I can't even understand your argument. U didn't only digress, but couldn't make your point clear.

Summarily, OP if your story is true, u didn't handle it well. U have to be very careful and I pray no nairaland member encounter robbers IJN. Amen.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Lordmilitary(m): 2:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Go thank ur God that u came across a harmless hungry criminal with a friendly rifile..had it been its a professional and hardend criminal with an assult rifile,u would ve been unconcious til now...any wich way tnk God,4 ur safty
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 2:44am On Oct 16, 2013
Funpeter: What are you now insinuating? You better respect yourself. I dont want to know where you come from be it UK, USA and so on i dont care but an insult on my country i will not take .
ode He is saying the truth. smh
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by GooseBaba: 2:45am On Oct 16, 2013

See this sewer rat.....! How does your rants corellates with the Ops experience..ediota.!!
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 16, 2013

True talk!
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by homesteady(m): 2:58am On Oct 16, 2013
LOL grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Sani's Tweet About Rochas Okorocha / Ex-COAS, Tukur Yusufu Buratai Presents Letter Of Credence To Benin President / Why the white Missionaries described Igbos As superior Negros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.