Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon (28454 Views)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Borno Market This Afternoon / Buhari Attended Jumaat Prayers At Mambila Mosque Earlier This Afternoon [photos] / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by cKaiser: 3:15am On Oct 16, 2013
Uncle but you can lie oo

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by MrChris1(m): 4:20am On Oct 16, 2013
validplanet: o boy. the young man got provoked. he stood up and wanted to test the gun on my leg. he wanted to know if God wld make it not to work...

haa! i told him to calm down...and emptied my pockets for him.... N2000 plus

LOL... Whether this is a true life story or not, this is Hilarious...

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Ms_Steph: Sorry your story looks kinda fake or the thief is not a smart 1. No thief will like to rob you alone where people are passing cos of the fear bin caught nd u know wat happens to dem when dey get caught so they are extra careful now. You made mention of giving him N500 how did you give him d money without him seeing d remaining money you have cos he saw dat money that is why he wanted more. Plus you know dat place is notorious for arm robbery attacks nd you still went there. My dear fear God o. Which arm robber will sit down wit you and be discussing about our countries problem. Nd you are advising him to marry a woman who can clean him up som1 dat is not ready to do a decent job and is robbing pple u except him to marry some1 dat he will be beating up. If he comes to marry ur sister will you agree?

Shorrop jooor, you have never been held by armed robber before, so stop talking. This armed robber dint come to kill him or persuade him by force. He just used the gun to scare him. As a street guy, if this kinda thing happens, you gaz calm down and do what he wants quietly and even chat with him, sometimes hail him!

I have been in this situation before, asin, you won't move, its only ur sense that will tell to talk calmly with the person and person will even enjoy the whole process.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by millhouse: 5:10am On Oct 16, 2013
chinziaski:

No mind therm jare ...them neva experience one on one before . Them think say na to. Just dey type . That shit happens on lagos traffic and if you go loose guard ...OYO. For you

Shorrop jooor, you have never been held by armed robber before, so stop talking. This armed robber dint come to kill him or persuade him by force. He just used the gun to scare him. As a street guy, if this kinda thing happens, you gaz calm down and do what he wants quietly and even chat with him, sometimes hail him!

I
have been in this situation before, asin, you won't move, its only ur sense that will tell to talk calmly with the person and person will even enjoy the whole process.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 16, 2013
Big.game:
The reason We have TWO EARS is so we could listen more and talk less. Una for don wait make the Op finish em tory b4 una start to bash am, Who knows, one could learn a thing or two from his Story.

Most nigerian adults in a bid to act funny display their stupidity. The primary school he is talking about can possibly play hideout for criminals.

But it is not today that criminals started using deserted schools. The story should be true but i blame stupid comments from illiterate minds here...

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 16, 2013
jahbiz: I cant find a single point to believe you so go and tel this story to Akpos your close friend. Pack well trailler dey com.

...and your unbelief cannot change the story. Maybe the armed robber was sent by you and he hasnt delivered the loot of N2,000 plus. Enough reason not to believe the victim.

Very idiotic comments...
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by RioFernandez(m): 5:37am On Oct 16, 2013
U aint serious... Mtchewww
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by whitecat007: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2013
You are afraid of your shadow. You guys ran him off on purpose so he does spill the beans on your ass, haha!
ujchief: I see the vultures have circled this thread; spreading their tribal fangs and seek whom to devour.

#unfollows thread#
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Wazzaowner(m): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Upon Everytin.. ASUU NEver call off strike,Price Of Gari Never Change ooo... #Nonsence.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by rezzy: 6:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Ms_Steph: Sorry your story looks kinda fake or the thief is not a smart 1. No thief will like to rob you alone where people are passing cos of the fear bin caught nd u know wat happens to dem when dey get caught so they are extra careful now.

Some years ago in Lagos, robbers robbed in day light with gun on their wiast. You dare dont say rubbish. After robbing, they will ask you to go that way, then they will follow the other way
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by c4sam(m): 6:39am On Oct 16, 2013
Guy ℓ̊'m happy 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ Oº°˚˚°ºo . But dis ȋ̝̊̅§ М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ advise 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ don't tired dat next time.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Wazzaowner(m): 6:44am On Oct 16, 2013
validplanet: o boy. the young man got provoked. he stood up and wanted to test the gun on my leg. he wanted to know if God wld make it not to work...

Stood Up 2 test D Gun Inside Polytene on ur Leg.. He stop up cos na Up Ur Leg Dey Abi. I Smell Nollywood here.. #ConflitinPostOfACLown..
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by emmabest2000(m): 6:44am On Oct 16, 2013

LMFAO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by fortsierafino(m): 6:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Nonsense Cathedral
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by IAMBREEZY: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2013
Wetin u dey talk self.
mysticgal: thank God for your life,kai armed robbers,they are big meance to the society as a whole.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2013
Ms_Steph: like u said "boys" this art was done by a single person nd remember he said pple passed dat same road its not a lonely road dat pple pass like every 30mintes. A single person can't rob shops he needs help even a single person can't go about robbing homes.
my best guess is that you live in an area free from good.boys ....in Bayelsa while walking along a road a cultist can decide to approach you and if You're not smart or dogheaded, You'll lose your belongings to them, when you try to resist them then others will come from no where(although things are getting better now) even if you had been in the position of that man, just the sight of the gun alone would scare you out, even if he has disappeared from the scene, You'll still be afraid*for someone to do that, you must know he is desperately in need of money and can do anything to get it, even the craziest and unbelieving things look possible to him
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by akereconfi: 7:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Sloan: Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

I live in a country where average, random people can afford to go and buy bird food and feed the beds of the air for fun in their car parks just before they start work in the morning. What a sight when you see like dozens or hundreds of birds, playing around in a parking lot, chirping while eating the food being given to them by someone who is just any average person. The birds were never hungry in the first place but just for the fun of it! Meanwhile, a lot of Nigerians cannot afford to eat and feed themselves decently without stealing, corruption or being involved in some vice. Well, you all deserve your suffering, no need to worry! I am glad I can read your horror stories from a huge distance and not have my life messed around by a bunch of stu.pid country men who elect foo.ls like retardeen GEJ and their useless governors.

So them no get LGA Chairman or Governor for that state again wey fit tackle some problem. Must we blame everything on GEJ..............................what a shame

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by akereconfi: 7:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Sloan: Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

I live in a country where average, random people can afford to go and buy bird food and feed the [b]beds[/b] of the air for fun in their car parks just before they start work in the morning. What a sight when you see like dozens or hundreds of birds, playing around in a parking lot, chirping while eating the food being given to them by someone who is just any average person. The birds were never hungry in the first place but just for the fun of it! Meanwhile, a lot of Nigerians cannot afford to eat and feed themselves decently without stealing, corruption or being involved in some vice. Well, you all deserve your suffering, no need to worry! I am glad I can read your horror stories from a huge distance and not have my life messed around by a bunch of stu.pid country men who elect foo.ls like retardeen GEJ and their useless governors.

Hey, why don't you stay in that country where you claim every average, random person can afford to buy bird food and leave us alone. Has the OP or any nlander begged you money or food. You want us to know that you stay outside Nigeria and hope you wouldn't tell me that they don't rob in that your HEAVEN where you stay you reside.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2013
thegoodone: i belive d guy.it happen to me during my nysc at umuahwa.they collected 2k from me at gun point.
so u want us to believe urs cos its also 2k,right? So when ur uncle sends u to purchase some stuff worth 2k u gonna cook up something,n refer him to this NL 2k+ story,huh?

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by roymary: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2013
If we can't blame GEJ for poor governance then why was he elected in the first place? Simply a figurehead? If your damn house is messed up your dad and mom would be greatly questioned. At this stage, this country needs a tough leader, a no-nonsense President not all-talk no action kinda zoologist. If GEJ would toughen up I'll join his bandwagon.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Musiwa even reason pass some pple on this thread! At least he said sorry to OP grin
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by daddyiel(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2013
EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE lipsrsealed, ORDINARY masquerade goes about with pistol.... I have been a victim of such robbery in Onitsha. I just blame OP he was at the wrong place at a wrong time undecided... Sorry Bro, always remember Life is 90% Principles 10% miracle dont ever argue wit Armed Personnel grin cox people kill people guns don't
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by akereconfi: 7:38am On Oct 16, 2013
roymary: If we can't blame GEJ for poor governance then why was he elected in the first place? Simply a figurehead? If your damn house is messed up your dad and mom would be greatly questioned. At this stage, this country needs a tough leader, a no-nonsense President not all-talk no action kinda zoologist. If GEJ would toughen up I'll join his bandwagon.

SO if your father as the HEAD of the house gave your mother money to cook and she didn't and the children are now HUNGRY, who will you blame.........................................I guess you will still blame your father because you are programmed to blame him abi? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2013
whitecat007: You are afraid of your shadow. You guys ran him off on purpose so he does spill the beans on your ass, haha!
yea,its like a.b.i.a or o.n.i.t.s.h.a. or i.b.o. nd the likes is half way or open sesame to ur akara CFA account numbers n someone is hacking...
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by omistephen: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2013
Guy man u still dy go skool go dy do dt tin I b tink say u don pass dt level to dy go pple skool dy take lala change because next time u might not b lucky
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by salt1: 7:48am On Oct 16, 2013
thegoodone: i belive d guy.it happen to me during my nysc at umuahwa.they collected 2k from me at gun point.

You stayed in Umuahia for one year and couldn't learn the spelling of the town.
Every line in your short contribution has errors. And yet you were teaching!
I cringe at the thought of what you were teaching the students
A recent report says 89% of corps members can't communicate in English. I believe it now after seeing your post

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Godson201333(m): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2013
You sure say No be toy gun the guy carry put for poly bag come scam you shooo
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by henrimoto(m): 8:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Tolexander: OP, Wale Adenuga will very much appreciate your application letter as a script writer.
Stop wasting your talent on nairaland that will fetch you nothing!
he is not wasting his talent on nairaland ! guy! why not encourage this dude in a polite manner. @op, you can write as well.... but you need to sharpen up your skills and composure when writing. you will be a good descriptive writer. weldone.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 16, 2013
If there is anything I've learned so far in life, it would be "Never argue with a desperate soul".
Armed robbers came to my room last year, they stole 2 laptop computer, 2 blackberry phone, some other items I couldn't remember, and my school back pack (I really love that bag, very big and "swaggish"wink. Twas a very painful experience. When I told my friends they keep telling me how they would have managed the situation by collecting the gun blah blah blah.....

Some days later, we learnt that this same guys chopped off a student hand because he was trying to form familiarity with them.

Looking back today, I've gotten a new laptop and a new phone, I still miss that back pack though. But it doesn't worth wasting my life for.

MORAL: Let them steal whatever they want to, that's their mission, God knows how to return the lot of Zion.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by eziwealth: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2013
when has people started writing any thing here
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by dude99(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2013
If i where to be you,i won't be preaching to a robber at gun point,because even the biblle says "Heaven help does who help themselves",God forbid,if na me ooo,i would be thinking about a way to subdue him,am not saying you should do that if you know that u are not sure you will be able to take the gun away from him,just writing this because i would feel guity if i don't do things i believe i can.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by yankidelta(m): 8:44am On Oct 16, 2013
Codedrock:
when will nigerians stop using AM FOR I'M? Even our celebs make same mistake on twitter.

We won't cos we r Nigerian and I believe it's not peculiar to us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Ongoing Reconstruction Of Creek In Portharcourt. / Plateau South: Gov Simon Lalong Loses Senate Bid To Pdp's Bali / Shehu Sani's Tweet About Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.