Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Project Management - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Project Management (28990 Views)

How Relevant Is Project Management Certificate In Nigeria / How Does Enterprise Risk Management Apply To Project Management? / Project Management Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Zimba,

Kindly check your mail. Rgds.
Re: Project Management by Coleslove: 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ Kashif

Count me in with the Prince2 & PMBok. Heres my email addy coleslovemi@yahoo.co.uk

Regards
Re: Project Management by ZIMBA(m): 8:32am On Jun 15, 2007
@ kashif.

Tanx man.

i got the stuff and downloaded it easily.

it's really comprehensive & will b of gr8 help.

will also send a mail to the contact you sent me.

tanx a million man, you r gr8.

will keep in touch,

have a 1daful day,

cheerio.
Re: Project Management by adesilver(m): 9:20am On Jun 15, 2007
@kashif, Im also interested in those material. Thanks im @ ade_rasheed2010@yahoo.com smiley
Re: Project Management by bondxie(f): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2007
@ KASHIF, Pls i hope u dont mind helpin me with the materials on Prince2 and PMbOOK,
hERE is my email addy, seunnlafunmie@yahoo.com Thankx
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2007
bondxie,adesilver and coleslove, you may check your mails.

Rgds pals wink
Re: Project Management by omonijer(m): 11:59am On Jun 15, 2007
hi all,
i've read thru all the written stuff abt PM.i think its really nice to have a forum that we all can share ideas in.I am working in a telecoms service provider in Lagos , mobile department and jst got promoted to deputy PM. This has been due to the way i handled things when i was on the field.I've always wanted a career in PM, and now that i have a lead, i wanna build rigorously on it.
Please any form of help from Y'all will be appreciated.Thanx wink
Re: Project Management by ajokebaby(f): 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2007
@Kashif
kINDLY SEND ME THE MATERIALS TOO(PRINCE2 AND PMBOK)
My address is omooba_reg2007@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Project Management by femimat(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2007
Kashif,

went thro yr prof and stat and i c u r doing a gr8 job in career. thats what i call gr8ness! Thumb up 4u . please i wont mind if u can send the PMBOK to me. i have read the prince2 but i want to take PMP cert exams. the PMBOK i have is not the current one. i will gr8ly appreciate if u mail it to my box. femi_mat@yahoo.com.

please keep the flag flying cos there is a drop of gr8nes in you!
Re: Project Management by DiJuice(m): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2007
Kashif will be most greatful if i can share in your PM materials. I work for a young firm and we could do etter if our projects are better handled. Thanx for your help. I appreciate your efforts at spreading the word.
Re: Project Management by DiJuice(m): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2007
my e mail id is abangbensenadebikor@yahoo.com please send me a copy of the pm materials.
Re: Project Management by omotofine(f): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2007
Abeg o, can any one help me? i am based in london, i have foundation in PRINCE2 but haven't been able to get a job yet, i would ideally like to work within the public sector, i have attended2 interviews but no show, abeg help me with some tips. I heard getting a job is the hard part once you start the work its pretty straight forward.
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hi all,

I can only send PRINCE2. I have been restricted on PMBOK for now; though may still get back. I shall send the last batch shortly so, anybody who wishes to get should contact anybody who had requested it before this post. In that way, it would go round more easily.

@femi_mat, PMI stipulates that you MUST have a 35 hrs of PMP preparatory training by a certified professional before you can take the test. Since you want to become a PMP, I suggest you go for training ASAP.

1 luv.

1 Like

Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2007
@omooba and DiJuice, pls check your mails. Rgds.
Re: Project Management by edoyakk(m): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hello Prosper,
I have attached an article to this document, I am sure you will find it very helpful.
If you need more information about project management you can write me at kajewole@abrpm.com. I am a certified Project manager. (PMP)
Like nferyn said your purpose is not clear it would help a lot if you rephrased your statement.

@lioness
A project is an initiative that has the following characteristics:
Has a specific purpose
Creates specific results
Has a definite start and finish date
Is temporary.

Project management is the application of information, skills tools and techniques to activities involved with a project in order to meet project needs.

Nferyn
I don’t agree with the statement you made about Prince2 scaling to all kinds of Projects, Firstly you can’t have worked on all kinds of projects, and for me I have worked on a few projects ranging from deploying software to sales/marketing projects.
We achieved “concrete achievements’ bear in mind that some people don’t even use either methodology and still achieve concrete results.
Using either methodology simply greatly increases your chances of success, As a Project manager what I look out for is the “iron triangle” or the “triple constraint” which are Cost Scope & Time.
If I can deliver to my client his expectations within a budget and within a specific time limit we both agree, I have done a high quality job.
PMI defines Quality as “adherence to requirements”

@Skybaba
I totally agree with what you said about you working in a field you love.
Your classification of some project managers as Non- technical is not a classification I have come across before. A good project doesn’t have to be a subject mater expert. To get the Pmp certification you have to learn 44 processes. In so many of this processes you will find ot that the Pm is supposed to deal with SME’s Subject matterExperts.This is referred to as expert judgment.
On any Project so many expertise and skills are needed E.g. in construction you need builders architects electricians painters surveyors e.t.c on a single project more than 50 different experts might come in so how does the pm having one or all the skills help? It’s a misconception.
Mind you the PMP certification is American and so many American firms are in the u.k and the rest of the world are you saying all these companies also use Prince 2 I doubt it
Re: Project Management by tayog(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2007
wonderful job adoyakk, thats what abrpm stands for
Re: Project Management by ferugio(m): 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2007
@edoyakk

[/quote]Mind you the PMP certification is American and so many American firms are in the u.k and the rest of the world are you saying all these companies also use Prince 2 I doubt it [quote]

It is true PMP is from the USA and probably more popular over there. However in the UK Prince2 is the de facto. Few job advert in the UK requires PMP coupled with Prince2 but most job advert requires Prince2 alone being the recognised standard and there are plenty of them. If in doubt try any of the UK jobsites.

I rest my case.
Re: Project Management by jidebiz(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ Kashif,
Please i'm also interested in the materials,I'd appreciate if icould also get it
my mail address is jidebiz@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Project Management by tayog(m): 4:40am On Jun 16, 2007
@ferugio
you are correct, but i think PMP has more influence in the rest of the world than Prince2. Although i noticed that its more expensive to train on Prine2. Both are just assortment of skills, tools etc used in project management and what matters is getting the job done as planned.

Anyone,
if u are interested in getting trained in project magement via PMI methodology (PMP) then click on the attachment. I cannot attach the third edition of the PMBOK - project management body of knowledge, too large, but you can get it if you send me a mail at info@abrpm.com . Exam guidance will be given to you.

Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2007
Good one edoyakk.
Re: Project Management by ijogbon(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2007
@house

Is there a certification exam for PMP status or you just need to have 39hours training from a certified PMP to become qualified yourself?

Please could someone elaborate further? I seem to be getting things mixed up undecided
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 7:19am On Jun 18, 2007
@ijogbon,

35hr training + PM experience qualifies you to be tested. Passing the 200-question-4hr online PMP test qualifies you to become a PMP. Got it?
Re: Project Management by muchmoney: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2007
@ kashif
Nice one bro, can you drop the prince2 and PMbok manual in my box? memalik@mail.com .It'll be greatly appreciated.
Re: Project Management by tayog(m): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2007
Will drop a little more detailed info into anyones e-mail, nairaland is temp exp a problem of uploading files. Info tells about the rqments (yrs of exp and training hrs) perse and the cost of PMP exams, training costs ranges from 65k to 243k all depending on the trainer as far as I know. Muchmoney, the PMBOK is quite heavy, u might need to go to www.pmi.org to download yourself. whats there is the 3rd edition for now and by 2009 there`s gonna be a 4th edition. Welldone Kashif! Lets spread the news about PMP so others in our country can benefit.
Re: Project Management by Coleslove: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2007
Thanks Kashif

You are an angel. Keep it up

Coleslove
Re: Project Management by MaryAnne: 12:19am On Jun 19, 2007
hello. am really interested in this project management thing . pls could i get detailed information on how to be part of this. Thanks my email addy is effetius@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by gadfly(m): 1:08am On Jun 19, 2007
nferyn, kashif
hello, am kinda thinking 'bout going into PM, am an engrng graduate working for a manuf. com. pls what methodology is best 4 me
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2007
@gadfly,

I recommend PMP anytime, anywhere. It is everywhere you go.

@maryanne,

I would like to know where you are and what you do. you can contact me on kashimanjero@yahoo.com. Cheers pals cool
Re: Project Management by tayog(m): 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2007
@gadfly,
kashif is right. PMP is best cos of its vastness. just spoke to a friend of mine in california at cardossa assosiates- a structural engr nand he affirmed how much gems PMPs are. Need detailed info on how to go about being one(PMP) send me a message at tgbenro@abrpm.com
Re: Project Management by gadfly(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2007
@ Tayog,
Just sent u a msg. i will welcome any help 4rm ur end
Re: Project Management by muchmoney: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2007
@ anyone who cares to know
For your PMP training and exam prep, kajewole@abrpm.com is the addy to mail. They are a bunch of certified project managers and the price is right too! thats why i chose to ride with them-if anyone cares to know.
Re: Project Management by tayog(m): 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2007
@muchmoney,
thanks for spreading the word! PMP is easy with abr. Or need project mgt. consulting? u got it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Professional Masters Or Academic Masters? / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.