Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Project Management - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Project Management (29000 Views)

How Relevant Is Project Management Certificate In Nigeria / How Does Enterprise Risk Management Apply To Project Management? / Project Management Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Management by tayog(m): 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2007
As I was surfing through the internet this Sunday afternoon after NLC`s strike action I stumbled across a splendid summary of why you need to become a good project manager and why u're are very very much needed and I thought I’ll be nice if share it with my community of friends. Please do enjoy it and meditate thoroughly on what each might mean for you.

1. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse as you get older.
2. As Project leaders learn more, they get better faster.
3. The best way to promote effective project leadership is to set examples that are so powerful and positive that others wouldn't dare do less.
4. Leading successful projects is the best way to prove your promotability to the people who make those decisions.
5. The abilities that are required to organize and carry out successful projects will enhance other aspects of your job.
6. Project work is often disguised by the use of the word Team; if you find yourself on or leading teams, you're probably working together to complete a project.
7. More than one lumpy project leadership performance can give you a reputation that will repel future project participants.
8. With rare exceptions, project prime movers believe that project meltdowns are the result of weak project leadership.
9. Organizations that are flattening (re-engineering, downsizing, rightsizing, etc) will depend on projects and project leaders to get work done that was once handled by departments.
10. Organizations that are willing to allow hastily planned, poorly lead projects eventually weaken themselves and endanger employees by wasting precious resources.

Yeah am sure you've stopped wasting your time thinking that project management is only for structural engineers etc as the rest of the people do. Yesterday I saw a movie titled V for Vendetta, did you see the great project management skill in that guy (carried out a project of revolution in England which he executed in one day however he carried out the prior phases of initiation, planning for about  20 years)? Wow! What a movie, I strongly recommend this movie for you a prospective superordinaire project manager

check this tool for project management out - http://www.commercial-solutions.com/pages/pmskillsharpenerframeset.html
Re: Project Management by Chidoski(m): 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2007
please kashif,I would apprecite it if you send me the stuff too.I am a mechanical engineer and I want to major in project mgt.chidiechefu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by Darealaby: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2007
Kashyf,

Please I would like to have a copy of the PMBOk and other materials.

mystyd1@yahoo.com

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2007
I mentioned in one of my posts that interested people should contact those I have sent the materials to earlier. This is because I may not have time to be sending it individually.

Since the requests are still coming to me, I guess I should wait and send it (Prince2) in a batch.
Re: Project Management by kunleola1: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2007
Kashif,
u r a great man.i work in an isp and i have interest in project management.
pls i need prince2 amd pmp materials.pls send it to kunle_ola2000@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by pippi: 7:06am On Jul 25, 2007
GUYS READSTHIS:

Exceptional Project Management Professional Training
« on: Yesterday at 01:16:01 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

Kindly find below an excerpt of the above mentioned.

PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE

Project management in today's Nigeria has grown simultaneously with entrepreneurship, and birth, growth and

sustainability of organizations. It is fast becoming one of the most sought after workplace skills by corporate bodies

and new emerging entrepreneurs. Businesses are becoming more focused and clamoring for discipline, standardization

and effectiveness in the management of their projects.

Corporate bodies and new entrepreneurs are conscious of the need to ensure that their businesses and investments

continue to make profits and remain relevant to customer needs. On the other hand, there is an increasing awareness to

not allow or to reduce the number of projects falling into troubled waters, on the contrary, there is a wide scale

consciousness to increase project profitability, timeliness and overall quality.

Given advancements in communication technology, the world has become a small village and more entrepreneurs in

developing countries now have opportunities and access to novel training methods often found or limited to

multi-billion dollar corporations in the west. Interestingly, more clients in developing countries are findingout that

principles to success are basically the same, and it does not matter if the business initiative is in Lagos or in New

York.

THE FUTURE PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP)

Project management is a great career choice, and is a core even over technical domains. Often project managers are

recruited to oversee the work of technical people like engineers, doctors, community workers etc. of course, these

have implications on employment packages and benefits. Average salaries are going up. The demand is strong

because there are so few trained project managers and organizations have so many projects to do. However, one

needs solid demonstrable skills to convince today's employer that you are a capable "project manager". Such

fundamental skills and have been pulled from years and decades of successful project management and packaged into

training modules for next generation of project managers.

"It is fast becoming one of the most sought after workplace skills by corporate bodies and new emerging

entrepreneurs"

The PMP programme offers these full training using a mixture of approaches, including

Personal mentoring. A PMP certification could get you not only attention but also that

Opportunity to much needed increase in working conditions and benefits.

If you enjoy the prestige that comes from being the best in your field, then you will appreciate

the professional advantages derived form attaining the PMP, the professions most globally

recognized and respected credential. The PMP designation following your name tells

current and potential customers that you have demonstrated a solid foundation of

knowledge from which you can competently practice project management.

Executives are constantly looking for breakthrough strategies that will give their companies

competitive edge, and some will go the extra mile to get the right manager for the job

experience. Some top level executives revealed that even though an organization might have formulated good

strategies, they will need to be operated by different departments, each charged with specific activities within

corporate strategy. At the center of all these are "PEOPLE", each with his or her frame of mind. Finally, it is up to

individual employees to execute within their daily jobs. However, what happens if the strategies are not well

communicated? What if employees lack essential skills to accomplish their work? What will happen if cultural barriers

stand in the way of progress. Executives world wide have acknowledged these gaps, and therefore have proactively

sought for professionals in Project management.

FAST TRACKING PROFESSIONAL IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT

D'Principles company and associates is a firm owned by certified project managers with vast experience gained

from professional firms and large corporations such as Orange UK, Celtel etc and in industries such as Information

Technology,Real Estate, Construction,Marketing etc. D'Principles develop project managers and 1 - on -1 training for

organizations and by working with them on their projects.

ABOUT THE PMP CERTIFICATION

PMP is offered by PMI ( Project Management Institute ) and demonstrates advanced knowledge of and experience

with Project Management concepts. PMI was established in 1969 and located outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

USA. It is the worlds leading not for profit professional association serving project management with over 90,000

members worldwide. PMI is also recognized as a standards and certification body, and is the education source of

choice for those looking to become Project Management Professional (PMP). The prestigious PMP Designation offers

individuals, world wide recognition as a Project Management Professional, supported by core knowledge and

understanding of critical Project Management concepts, principles and techniques.

WHAT YOU GET

v You understand project management knowledge areas

v Ethics and codes of Project Management Professional responsibility

v An understanding of project management

v PMP Examination preparation

v A priceless skill

BY ATTENDING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:

v Focus your study time

v Build up an effective study plan

v Get coached by professionals

v 39 hours of project management education required to obtain PMP certification

For a qualitative and exceptional PMP certification training, please visit www.dprinciples.com or contact:

Tolu Fadamitan: 07028183427 - tolufadams@yahoo.com

Segun Babs-Jonah: 0702818449 -babsjonah@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2007
There is no doubt. wink
Re: Project Management by nolaodus(f): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hello All,
I read a posting by bebe4 who claims to have attended training at ProConsult.  If that is true then he/she would know all the info he/she needs to know to take the exam.  I am a principal instructor with ProConsult and our prices are the lowest for a PMI Registered Education Provider.  For your hours to be accepted by PMI for approval to take the PMP exam, you must have at least 3 years of Project Management experience and 35 hours of formal project management training from a PMI registered education provider.  It is not enough that the teacher has PMP.  The company must be accredited by PMI. You can visit our website at www.proconsult-llc.com
We just started a weekend school and a special promotion for project management training in Lagos. Buy one course get another course of equal or lesser price free, or you can buy a course and bring someone for free.  If you need more info on our specials, please email ade@proconsult-llc.com or nola@proconsult-llc.com.
Generally, across the world, the training is expensive because it is intellectual knowledge you are purchasig that will enhance your career and ultimately your life.  We must be willing to pay for self development and career advancement.  The courses are cheaper in Nigeria than in any other part of the world. If you travel abroad, you have to buy a ticket and stay in a hotel, plus the courses are moe expensive overseas. 

PMI representatives are now looking at this forum and may tighten their requirements for Nigerians if care is not taken. We must be careful not give misleading information or make fraudulent claims because PMi will then start to scrutinize Nigerian applicants more to prevent fraud.
Re: Project Management by nolaodus(f): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2007
Anyone interested in project management training and PMP certification should send emails to ade@proconsult-llc.com or nola@proconsult-llc.com. A new class is forming for weekend school. Thousands of PMI practice questions if you take the PMP Exam prep with ProConsult. Other great materials are given with the class. Take advantage of a 25% discount promotion and installmental payment going on right now.
Re: Project Management by eboru(f): 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2007
hi, any one in this house, i would like to get a copy of the pmbok.
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 10:42am On Aug 02, 2007
nolaodus:

Hello All,
It is not enough that the teacher has PMP. The company must be accredited by PMI. You can visit our website at www.proconsult-llc.com

PMI representatives are now looking at this forum and may tighten their requirements for Nigerians if care is not taken. We must be careful not give misleading information or make fraudulent claims because PMi will then start to scrutinize Nigerian applicants more to prevent fraud.

Who gave you that impression? You can find other ways of advertising your coy apart from passing false information.
Re: Project Management by yemmy10(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2007
Hi guys, i have really enjoyed the discussion on Project management. i want you guys tp know that the detailed information given my NOLA, the instructor from Proconsult is very much correct. i have carefully looked through the PMI website and all she said is well explained.

perharps, Nigerian for who we are like free and cheap things forgeting that cheap things are not usually the best. you need to travel outside the country to know how much it cost to go through project management training before you can qualify to take the exam.

I will advice that those interested in the training should take advantage of the Pay for One and get one free promotion offered by Proconsult. Mind you, you also have the opportunity of Paying for one person why you can have one other person take the course free. i think that is reasonable for me.

for someone like me who wants to go all the way, i will sign on.
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2007
I know what I am saying.
Re: Project Management by cute4u(m): 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2007
@ kashif.
Please can you send me the stuff you have for project management also?
I work on the island, if you can direct me to where i can get some PMI training.
thanks man,

My e-mail address: tyconwa007@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by yemmy10(m): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2007
Kashif,

Do you know of any other PMI registered education Provider in Nigeria that offers project Management training in Nigeria. I am not talking of just PMP holders now.

Do you know of any that can arrange for the exam on Paper based presently cos i have heard a lot of those that have taken the internet exam in nigeria complain of several things.

i am aware that proconsult will be doing that this year. are you aware of that?
Re: Project Management by nolaodus(f): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2007
Kashif,

This forum is moderated, so please read the rules before posting.

You don't have to take anything personal on this forum. Anyone who seeks information about the PMP exam should first visit www.pmi.org for the most accurate information. The PMBoK is $40 per copy and should not be distributed free on the internet. Of course you can get a free copy from PMI if you become a member. You are not supposed to give it out. It is illegal and we should desist from such acts. If you want to contest this fact, please visit the PMI website.

Not too long ago, CNN aired a special report titled "How to rob a Bank" where they featured how nigerians are fraudulent and dubious. We do not want to prove them right by using the internet to propagate illegal acts.

Project Management is new in Nigeria and we want it to grow and we do not want to be label as fraudulent. Integrity, honesty and uprightness are some of the qualities of a good project manager. There is a section on the exam that is specifically on professional responsibility.
Re: Project Management by kaybee1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2007
pls i need people dat can help me for work at abuja and lagos, am a graduate but going for service by febuary 2008 i also need someone dat can help me for N Y S C posting i want to serve in abuja/lagos dis is my number 07030290034 and my e mail address is engrojo2009@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 9:04am On Aug 07, 2007
I dont understand what NYSC posting is doing on this thread.

@nolaodus,

I wonder what forum moderation has got to do with my post(s). I have not also found any reason to personalise issues. I am fully aware of the professional responsibility of PMI membership and know how much it costs to get a copy (I paid for mine). I don't care what CNN airs; it is their business.

I still maintain that you should try and stop portraying Proconsult as the only training providers in Nigeria. No hard feelings.
Re: Project Management by pippi: 1:37am On Aug 08, 2007
Dear All,

Kindly find below an excerpt of the above mentioned.

PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE

Project management in today's Nigeria has grown simultaneously with entrepreneurship, and birth, growth and sustainability of organizations. It is fast becoming one of the most sought after workplace skills by corporate bodies and new emerging entrepreneurs. Businesses are becoming more focused and clamoring for discipline, standardization and effectiveness in the management of their projects.

Corporate bodies and new entrepreneurs are conscious of the need to ensure that their businesses and investments continue to make profits and remain relevant to customer needs. On the other hand, there is an increasing awareness to not allow or to reduce the number of projects falling into troubled waters, on the contrary, there is a wide scale consciousness to increase project profitability, timeliness and overall quality.

Given advancements in communication technology, the world has become a small village and more entrepreneurs in developing countries now have opportunities and access to novel training methods often found or limited to multi-billion dollar corporations in the west. Interestingly, more clients in developing countries are findingout that principles to success are basically the same, and it does not matter if the business initiative is in Lagos or in New York.

THE FUTURE PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP)

Project management is a great career choice, and is a core even over technical domains. Often project managers are recruited to oversee the work of technical people like engineers, doctors, community workers etc. of course, these have implications on employment packages and benefits. Average salaries are going up. The demand is strong because there are so few trained project managers and organizations have so many projects to do. However, one needs solid demonstrable skills to convince today's employer that you are a capable "project manager". Such fundamental skills and have been pulled from years and decades of successful project management and packaged into training modules for next generation of project managers.

"It is fast becoming one of the most sought after workplace skills by corporate bodies and new emerging entrepreneurs"

The PMP programme offers these full training using a mixture of approaches, including

Personal mentoring. A PMP certification could get you not only attention but also that

Opportunity to much needed increase in working conditions and benefits.

If you enjoy the prestige that comes from being the best in your field, then you will appreciate

the professional advantages derived form attaining the PMP, the professions most globally

recognized and respected credential. The PMP designation following your name tells

current and potential customers that you have demonstrated a solid foundation of

knowledge from which you can competently practice project management.

Executives are constantly looking for breakthrough strategies that will give their companies

competitive edge, and some will go the extra mile to get the right manager for the job

experience. Some top level executives revealed that even though an organization might have formulated good strategies, they will need to be operated by different departments, each charged with specific activities within corporate strategy. At the center of all these are "PEOPLE", each with his or her frame of mind. Finally, it is up to individual employees to execute within their daily jobs. However, what happens if the strategies are not well communicated? What if employees lack essential skills to accomplish their work? What will happen if cultural barriers stand in the way of progress. Executives world wide have acknowledged these gaps, and therefore have proactively sought for professionals in Project management.

FAST TRACKING PROFESSIONAL IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT

D'Principles company and associates is a firm owned by certified project managers with vast experience gained from professional firms and large corporations such as Orange UK, Celtel etc and in industries such as Information Technology,Real Estate, Construction,Marketing etc. D'Principles develop project managers and 1 - on -1 training for organizations and by working with them on their projects.

ABOUT THE PMP CERTIFICATION

PMP is offered by PMI ( Project Management Institute ) and demonstrates advanced knowledge of and experience with Project Management concepts. PMI was established in 1969 and located outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA. It is the worlds leading not for profit professional association serving project management with over 90,000 members worldwide. PMI is also recognized as a standards and certification body, and is the education source of choice for those looking to become Project Management Professional (PMP). The prestigious PMP Designation offers individuals, world wide recognition as a Project Management Professional, supported by core knowledge and understanding of critical Project Management concepts, principles and techniques.

WHAT YOU GET

v You understand project management knowledge areas

v Ethics and codes of Project Management Professional responsibility

v An understanding of project management

v PMP Examination preparation

v A priceless skill

BY ATTENDING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:

v Focus your study time

v Build up an effective study plan

v Get coached by professionals

v 39 hours of project management education required to obtain PMP certification

For a qualitative and exceptional PMP certification training, please visit www.dprinciples.com or contact:

Tolu Fadamitan: 07028183427-tolufadams@yahoo.com

Segun Babs-Jonah: 0702818449
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2007
@pipi,

Enough of all these copy and paste; you are wasting precious space on this thread. I mean we have read this lenghty post before. Maybe it is high time you gave us another flavour. Cheers.
Re: Project Management by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2007
hi kayshif. could you please send me the prince2 materials, i wanna write the exam and after doing extensive research found out i could take the exam at the British council. but i dont know where to get the study materials. my email add is fn_issey@yahoo.com. i would be really grateful if you could provide me with ebough materials to enable me study or tell me where i could get them from, thanks a lot.
Re: Project Management by pippi: 12:03am On Aug 14, 2007
Kashif!

Any beef? I'm just promoting what I belive is good for people who need a sound training for PMP Exams the best way I can given my tight schedules.
Cheers
Re: Project Management by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 15, 2007
kashif thanks for the prince2 manual. i dont even know where to start reading from but thanks anyways, i really appreciate. may God continue to reward your efforts.
Re: Project Management by deezzle(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2007
here u go guys!!! this one is an easy read.
All the best
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2007
pippi:

Kashif!

Any beef? I'm just promoting what I believe is good for people who need a sound training for PMP Exams the best way I can given my tight schedules.
Cheers
I prefer ram or chicken cheesy Sorry if you were offended. Its just that the same content has been featured some posts before. Keep up the good work wink

isi01:

kashif thanks for the prince2 manual. i really appreciate. may God continue to reward your efforts.
You are welcome.

isi01:

i don't even know where to start reading from

I don't want to believe you are saying that. If you really want to belong to the project management club, then you must be prepared to read. PRINCE2 is much lighter than PMP. PM is jealous and wont share your attention with another grin grin. It is well.
Re: Project Management by bonjee: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2007
hi guys ,
i found this site that can enable you buy clubfreedom shares, diamond cashclub & cdt for 900- 1500 naira
it makes a lot of sense in that , a lot of people can afford this small fees and that's the major challenge of this scheme (the rather expensive joining fee of $200 and referring people)
so the more people, the easier it is to cycle out
and the payout's not bad
check out www.antonioshares.com
refid j@mailer.ws
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2007
bonjee, can't you look at topic before posting? You just go to any thread and post whatever you like. What has shares got to do with project management? So annoying!! angry angry
Re: Project Management by tionne(f): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2007
Kashif

great job uve been doin, pls could u send me the prince 2 manual i will really appreciate it

temi704@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Project Management by ksolo(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2007
hi kashif,

i'm really impressed with the way you have assumed the role of the moderator on this thread, you're doin a nice job of it. Pls, could you also send me a copy of the PMBok. I actually have the IPMA body of knowledge n will like to compare with the PMBok. My email ad. is ekenny2002@yahoo.com.

Tanx
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2007
Compare? PMI is PMI and IPMA, IPMA. You must have comparism metrics to achieve your objective. Have you developed one? PMI-ism!!!!! wink
Re: Project Management by tionne(f): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2007
kashif
thanks so much i got d manual

but do u know of any tutorial class in nig lagos to be specific

n apart from d embassy where else can one sit for the exam.
Re: Project Management by lawuyi(m): 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2007
Hi PMs,

Great work from you guys and especially KAshif. Guy God bless you oooo.

I need to find out some information cos i've been thinking of taking either PMP or Prince2.
My background is in Materials Engineering and i'm presently in my service year. I don't know if i'll be able to sign-up for either PMP or Prince2 proper cos of my limited work experience (though i was involved in a lot of project work in an international NGO in my school years, does that count?).

Now i need to know which is better for me to think of Prince2 or PMI cos i expect to go to the UK in Sept 2008 to start an MSc course that centers on risk analysis and management from the financial and engineering stand point. I would like to work in the UK for 2/3years and come back to Naija afterwards.

So which do u think would be a better option for me? Since u guys r my egbons (elders) in this field.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.