Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Project Management - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Project Management (28943 Views)

How Relevant Is Project Management Certificate In Nigeria / How Does Enterprise Risk Management Apply To Project Management? / Project Management Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Management by cola: 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2009
i thought people here could read!

the guy - kashif - said it's against the law to distribute the book freely

stop asking him to do what's wrong pls!

if you won't stick to ethical conduct, you won't be anything close to PMP.
Re: Project Management by cola: 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2009
@ kashif please I need some advice; I took the EMC class with Project management college, UK and the course content include general project management methodologies, PRINCE 2 and MS project and the certificate I'll be getting is the school's and I'm thinking of taking the PRINCE 2 foundation exam so I can get the Institute's own certificate, but is it really necessary is wot I want to know. Your response would be highly appreciated. NB: Please where can one get project management experience for a budding PM myself who is a fresh graduate?

Thanx in advance!

kashif, modu, uluhomono, others, please answer these queries; especially the part in bold. pleeease.
Re: Project Management by atwix(m): 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2009
For all intending candidates that want to get certified & enhance their worth + certificate, if u haven't gotten where to get the materials for the certification, contact me on mossventures@yahoo.com. i ve training videos on most certification exams ranging from cisco (with dumps), comptia(ask on request), microsoft, ciw, oracle 9/10g with dumps, not 4getting the main tin PROJECT MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION., the trainning video comes with a complete package on PMP, Project +, & Microsoft project, now add some dumps to with adequate preparation, u r set to explode, setting a difference that u r more than qualify for the job or task ahead, u can also reach me on 07070676767, intending candidates shd txt first incase i dont pick @ first, ve a nice weekend, all for a tok, ,,

we all need help my people, help me to help you better, dat makes 9ja better.
Re: Project Management by bode228: 11:57am On Feb 15, 2009
I am a certified PMP and training consultant,
For those of you who desires PMP cert. It requires previous project mgt experience (min 0f 4200hrs) as the project manager or project team member. And at 40 contact hrs training is a must for you to qualify to write the exam.
If you dont have these prrequisite exp the project mgt experience then I will advice you take the Associate level exam-CAPM; however either way PMP or CAPM they are very lucrative certifications.
Where I teach the training costs 150k; but if I see seriousness and commitment from the house(forum) members we can arrange the training at far reduced price with all the materials you will need and mentorship till you write your exam inclusive.

Whether you are intersted in my training or not feel free to contact me via-bode228@gmail.com 0r 07041196308 for guidiance and materials.

Be prepared to study hard this is not CCNA or the likes o! No dump! I am a CCNA so I know what I am saying here.
Good luck!
Re: Project Management by cola: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2009
@bode228

you posted this same exact words about two years ago. same exact words! copy and paste, i suppose.

the email addy you posted isn't even active.
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2009
@cola,

I dont think I got the institution you were referring to. Is it CCTA or PMC UK? If it is CCTA (as I am inclined to), then you should go ahead and take the foundation exam since it is more recongnised than PMC's credential. I mean, you took the PRINCE2 methodology training, not PMC.

On the experience, I guess you are already experienced since you address yourself as a PM, budding or sprouting (Dont mind me). If you want a hands on which might or not be documented then, I guess you might have to work as a volunteer. If you belong to a functional church, become active. Project Management is new here so many people dont appreciate it yet. Most think you should/must be a mono-domain PM ie subject matter expert.
Re: Project Management by cola: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2009
thanks kashif.

I'd like to get something straight please.

Are you saying PMI might accept hours spent volunteering in an informal arrangement like working in community projects as project team experience?

I have no experience as far as i understand.

the most I've done is supervise a couple of construction work as the head of the plale where I work.

thanks again mate.
Re: Project Management by bode228: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2009
@COLA,
I will advise you refresh ur memory very well, I think u are missing up my personalty wt someone's, I only join this forum Jan this yr u can confirm that from my profile.

To your question what you just described may not pass for PMI definition of project; I will advise you go for a PMP training but take the capm exam( you can still reference the training for your pmp exam later provided it is within 3yrs- will have to reconfirm d exact nos of yrs.

thanks
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 8:08am On Feb 19, 2009
@cola, I think things are begining to mix up here. Is it PMI's credential you want this time? I thought you trained for PRINCE2? If it is PRINCE2, go for Foundation; if it is PMI, go for CAPM. These two require no previous PM experience.

Yes, PMI would accept volunteer project experience. I hope this helps. Cheers.
Re: Project Management by basking4me: 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2009
@Bode228

Did you say no Dumps, ?

Well I must tell you that I have more than enough dumps & study materials in my Archives that spans a large chunk of the certification industry & recent ones too and the are not exclusive of both the PMP and PRINCE2

here is an array of my Arsenal:

(PMP, everythin in it, you know the things you need, I have them: current ones )
ITIL ( everything on it, study and recent dumps; nothing is impossible to him that believe)
CISCO
IBM
HP
CISA
A+
NETWORK+
PROJECT+
CISSP
OCA, OCP, OCM
LINUX+
SCJP

To prove to you that I really have some of this recent materials, I will attach some current ones with some pages for you to view soon.
the materials arent free but they are affordable , really, Reach me on ayocatty@yahoo.com to get more details. ( and watch out for my free upload soon)
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2009
basking4me,

there are nothing like "dumps" in PMP exam. You have never been there; professionals are telling you this. "christening" will not make practice questions dumps. ie calling those dumps does not make them the intended. (hope I still know dumps are undecided)

like Bode mentioned, this is not CCNA & co.
Re: Project Management by basking4me: 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ Kashif,

Will you be kind enough to tell us what Dumps Are and what dumps are not.

If dumps are not pratice questions, then I wonder what they are.

I have Dumps or if you prefer, 'practice questions' for PMP & I stand to be corrected. In your case Kashif, your literature are not tenable.
Re: Project Management by basking4me: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2009
I am sending in Some 'practice questions or mock questions' for you to have an understanding of my database. I will be including the ITIL immediately after this upload.

My materials are not free but I deem it necessary that you have an idea of what to expect when you buy from me.

I assure you that my prices are very rock-bottom

Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2009
@basking,

For your education, PMP questions come with standard four(4) options, and not five. Again, the inconsistency in the number of options in your sample is an easy give away. Next time, try getting questions with four options only. I would not want to post the website where you got those questions from, as I stand to gain nothing from doing that.

As per tenability of my 'literature' we see it diffferently. This would be my last response to this. Cheers man cool
Re: Project Management by basking4me: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2009
@kashif,

This also will be my last response to you on the subject.

I am fully aware that there 4options (A-D)in every question.

My post said, 'sending you practice/mock questions' and I'm sure if you went through the docs itself , you will see it tagged 'MOCK questions' (, which can come in any form), what else do u want, ?. What has 4 or 5 options got to do with this other than to try rubbish my claims, ?.

I only gave that out to affirm that I have a database load of the materials in question.

@ Fellow NLanders,
NB: The ITIL dumps are over 200kb even on pdf ( they wont upload) and the attachment here wont accept zipped or rar. materials, So I am going to send it to all those that have their mails already listed here.

This is a complimentary copy for everyone who is interested in the ITIL foundation course
Re: Project Management by cheexy: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2009
Hi All,
How come nobody is talking about CAPM. It stands for Certified Associate Project Manager. It is a version of PMP for people who have less than 3 years post degree experience. I plan to take lectures next month and the exams by May. Is there anyone taking the exam or anyone with experience and advice on it?
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2009
@cheexy,

If you read through, you'll see that people have been talking about CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management). Please note that CAPM is not a version of PMP; they are distinct.

Every info you will ever need is available from wwwdotpmidotorg. Cheers.
Re: Project Management by elizadams: 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2009
If you are a passionate and committed development professional and want to help build a world fit for children, If you are interested in working in highly challenging environment, UNICEF would like to hear from you.

To begin the application process please submit your CV to Us: unicefintershipprogramme@gmail.com
Re: Project Management by cheexy: 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2009
Kashif:

@cheexy,

If you read through, you'll see that people have been talking about CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management). Please note that CAPM is not a version of PMP; they are distinct.

Every information you will ever need is available from wwwdotpmidotorg. Cheers.

Thank you for your response. However what i meant was that i wanted people who had taken the exam or are about to take it to tell me their experience and offer advice. By the way, the site doesn't work
Re: Project Management by rook1: 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2009
cheexy:

Thank you for your response. However what i meant was that i wanted people who had taken the exam or are about to take it to tell me their experience and offer advice. By the way, the site doesn't work

There is a really good site I found quite helpful while preparing for the PMP exam; www.pmhub.net. It catalogues a list of lesson leaned by candidates preparing for the exam, and archives exam preparation strategies for the PMP, the PgMP and the CAPM.

Strange you mentioned that the PMI site doesn't work. It does work; www.pmi.org
Re: Project Management by mrlizo: 2:53am On Feb 26, 2009
Re: Project Management by wcmcdade: 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2009
The spread of quality PM practices is key for everyone on this thread.

I believe that we all have something to contribute to PM knowledge.

The next time you're in New York, check out this company for PM tRaining that covers multiple methodologies: http://www.ArcellaGlobal.com

I hope that this helps.
Re: Project Management by mkyusuf: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
hello friends in the house,
i am an architect and i am really interested in PM because of my my profession and for future purpose
i would like someone to advice me on if i should go for Prince 2 or P.M.I
then how to get to learn the related PM soft wares related to Engineering/construction.
and ultimately get the PMP certification.
please i need your help.
cheers
Re: Project Management by wcmcdade: 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
For mk yusuf:

Both Prince 2 and PMI are widely recognized organizations and sources of credentials on Project Management.

I would look to the people that are currently functioning as PM's in your geographic area and industry and inquire what credential that they currently hold.

In the end, having credentials from either organization will be beneficial. I have noticed that Prince 2 credentials tend to be more prolific in Europe and the PMP is dominant in America.

I hope that this is helpful. If you would like an excellent training program to prepare for your PMP, please feel free to contact my company at http://www.ArcellaGlobal.com
Re: Project Management by initiate: 1:18am On Mar 11, 2009
please which companies or industries in nigeria utilise PM skills .

it seems a lot of projects are implemmented in informal ways using arrangee and cutting corners

thank you
Re: Project Management by dgaiya: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2009
hi house i need help i am about to register for the CAPM but i would like to know if they have a center in abuja where i can take the exam pls for all those that have taken the exam in nigeria i really need your help thanks
Re: Project Management by Kashif(m): 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2009
dgaiya:

hi house i need help i am about to register for the CAPM but i would like to know if they have a center in abuja where i can take the exam pls for all those that have taken the exam in nigeria i really need your help thanks

The last time (long time though) I checked, it was just one centre - First Logic, Oba Akran Ikeja Lagos. You can check up that info from www.pmi.org.
Re: Project Management by bode228: 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2009
@dgaiya: your CAPM examCheckout First logic Abuja for your CAPM exam.
Good luck!
Re: Project Management by BnOSolns: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
B & O SOLUTIONS CONSULTING LTD.
&
IPGRUPP ENGINEERING TRAINING
MONTHLY WEEKEND PMP PREPARATORY CLASSES

@
44B Ajanaku street, Opebi , IkejaLagos

OUR UNIQUE APPROACH:
Our immersion training workshops focus on providing practical and proven techniques for planning and leading projects. All of our training is conducted in a workshop format that emphasizes reality and provides students with an opportunity to stretch their leadership skills and apply what they have learned in a realistic and challenging project environment. Students return to their corporations with the confidence and the discipline to apply a consistent approach to planning and execution.

THE DIFFERENCE:
Certified and Experienced Instructors
Proven teaching methodology
Quality course materials & templates that will aid your professional practice.
Continuous coaching and mentoring till you pass your exam.
Flexible and affordable payment rate
Standard & conducive class environment with a class size of maximum class size of 10

For training details contact:
Sam on: 08027859868, 07030978847
or BnOsolutions@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Project Management by aseoluwa(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2009
lord,
give me
the guidance
to know when to hold on and when to let go
and the grace to make the right decision with dignity.
prayer from Dr. ROBERTY SCHULLER from his book tough time never last
but tough people do.
before i proceed i will like to introduce myself to you.
my name is ADEBOYE SUNDAY EMMANUEL (a.k.a aseoluwa)
i am a student and i want to go move forward in my career.
let me show you what i wanted to do.
do you know these men; ABRAHAM, OBADIAH,JESUS CHRIST,APOSTLE PAUL,NAPOLEON HILL, SUNNY OJEAGBASE,OBAFEMI AWOLOWO,HENRY OMENOGOR etc,
i knew that you will knew them.
but let me tell you something about them,
they are all philsopher,
you ask me why?
they are all philosopher of success,
just check all ther record,
you will know at it is real,
and i want to tell you,
if those people can succeed,
i too must succeed in it,
you ask my why?,
they nare all my mentor and my father
and they are teaching my how i can succeed to.
in Rom. 8:31 Apostle Paul said,
IF GOD BE FOR ME WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME,
AND HE STILE SAID; 'I CAN DO ALL THING IN CHRIST WHO STRENGTHEN ME'
THAT IS WHY I WANT TO DO IT.
BUT I STILL ME YOU ADVICE BEFORE A MOVE ON,
YOU ASK ME WHAT?
LET ME TELL YOU,
FROM MY PRAYER I ASK GOD TO GUIDE ME
TO KNOW WHEN TO HOLD ON
AND WHEN TO LET GO
AND THE GRACE TO MAKE
THE RIGHT DECISION
WITH DIGHITY.
YOU KNOW IF I DONT ASK YOU THAT
I WILL NOT KNOW IF I SHOULD MOVE
ON OR HOLD ON.
IF YOU WHAT TO ASSIT ME ON
THIS PROJECT,
PLEASE, TELL ME IF I SHOULD MOVE
OR HOLD ON,
THAT I WILL BE SUCCEEFUL LIKE
THOSE PEOPLE.
YOU STILL NEED MORE?
DONT YOU KNEW THAT YOU ARE A
PHILOSOPHER TOO?
I WILL TELL YOU WHY?
BUT PLEASE JUST TOLD ME IF I
CAN MOVE ON OR HOLD ON.
Re: Project Management by aseoluwa(m): 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2009
lord,
give me
the guidance
to know when to hold on and when to let go
and the grace to make the right decision with dignity.
prayer from Dr. ROBERTY SCHULLER from his book tough time never last
but tough people do.
before i proceed i will like to introduce myself to you.
my name is ADEBOYE SUNDAY EMMANUEL (a.k.a aseoluwa)
i am a student and i want to go move forward in my career.
let me show you what i wanted to do.
do you know these men; ABRAHAM, OBADIAH,JESUS CHRIST,APOSTLE PAUL,NAPOLEON HILL, SUNNY OJEAGBASE,OBAFEMI AWOLOWO,HENRY OMENOGOR etc,
i knew that you will knew them.
but let me tell you something about them,
they are all philsopher,
you ask me why?
they are all philosopher of success,
just check all ther record,
you will know at it is real,
and i want to tell you,
if those people can succeed,
i too must succeed in it,
you ask my why?,
they nare all my mentor and my father
and they are teaching my how i can succeed to.
in Rom. 8:31 Apostle Paul said,
IF GOD BE FOR ME WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME,
AND HE STILE SAID; 'I CAN DO ALL THING IN CHRIST WHO STRENGTHEN ME'
THAT IS WHY I WANT TO DO IT.
BUT I STILL ME YOU ADVICE BEFORE A MOVE ON,
YOU ASK ME WHAT?
LET ME TELL YOU,
FROM MY PRAYER I ASK GOD TO GUIDE ME
TO KNOW WHEN TO HOLD ON
AND WHEN TO LET GO
AND THE GRACE TO MAKE
THE RIGHT DECISION
WITH DIGHITY.
YOU KNOW IF I DONT ASK YOU THAT
I WILL NOT KNOW IF I SHOULD MOVE
ON OR HOLD ON.
IF YOU WHAT TO ASSIT ME ON
THIS PROJECT,
PLEASE, TELL ME IF I SHOULD MOVE
OR HOLD ON,
THAT I WILL BE SUCCEEFUL LIKE
THOSE PEOPLE.
YOU STILL NEED MORE?
DONT YOU KNEW THAT YOU ARE A
PHILOSOPHER TOO?
I WILL TELL YOU WHY?
BUT PLEASE JUST TOLD ME IF I
CAN MOVE ON OR HOLD ON.
Re: Project Management by dgaiya: 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2009
house thanks for ur helpful information i can go on n register now may god bless u all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Professional Masters Or Academic Masters? / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? / About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.