Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (22858 Views)

How To Alleviate Menstrual Cramps With Yoga Exercises [PICTURES And VIDEO] / 7 Ways To Handle Menstrual Pain (dysmenorrhea) / What are the side effects of menstrual pain pills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nana(f): 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2005
U guys are so lucky that drugs stops or lessen your M.P.In my own case,i become restless and to stop d pains,i must take anything extremely sweet e.g undiluted juice,sweets,biscuit etc. am i normal?
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by prettyH(f): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2005
Honestly, ur case is one in a kind shocked

Strange more like it
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by hotangel2(f): 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2005
Shebi they said, Sweet stuffs gives you more pain. You are just kobalising youself ooo.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nike4luv(f): 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2005
word..sweet things drive ur belly crazy
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Kenya(f): 7:02am On Dec 06, 2005
nana,

everyone's body is different so if sweets help you then use your sweets.
If I were you I would just think about getting more Iron into my body so that I don't get bad teeth or other effects from the sweets. smiley
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nana(f): 10:21am On Dec 06, 2005
thanks
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2005
talking from a personal experience, all or most of the pain of dysmenorrhea goes with child bearing
i use to suffer the same faith too coupled with severe vomiting but no after 2 children the pain is all gone. another useful tip is exercise make sure u do some exercise a few days bfr it really helps. ciao
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Papa(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2006
I'd like to talk a little 'bout this. You know Duncan really put up something good that I have gotten tremendeous results from. You should try it - really! Besides the fact that it's good, it's the CHEAPEST AND EASIEST means to solving your problem. Let me explain myself a little. When you buy a computer with a Windows XP operating system, it's not going to be wise of you to read the manual of a Linux Ubuntu and think you'll get your windows Xp working perfectly. So why go after Linux manual if you're using a Windows. You're a human being created by God, why try manuals of human beings when the very ONE that made you has given a manual and His services FREE OF CHARGE!? (I'm talking about the Bible if you didn't get that). I believe that's the wisest thing to do. And Duncan here has flipped for you to one of the best pages of the manual that take care of your situation, for FREE! common, don't you hear that bell ringing?
Follow it! I'm only pressing on that because it's got me great results I'm proud of today!!!
Thanks Duncan, it's good to know that they're people kind enough to take men and women back to the basic requirement for a successful life. I'll write you an email soon.
Take Care!!
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by nike4luv(f): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2006
if am not wrong, is this post meant to this thread? undecided
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Papa(m): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2006
Yes dear, if you read the story right and have read everything that's been going on with this topic. I did that before I joined in.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by IAH(f): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2006
But Papa, I don't understand how that relates to Menstrual pain? Can you explain what you mean? sad cry
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Papa(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2006
Go to Page one and look what Duncan wrote, that's how it's related. I'm sorry it's taken so long to get you to understand.
I was only supporting Duncan's solution to her menstrual pain ok!
And thanks for also being so polite.
Cheers.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2006
its funny this new yr , my cramps changed , coisidense , its better than before , it didnt hurt that much like it does on the first day , just a little , at least i could still play around n do other things , like other first days i stay rolling on the bed cryin or something ... hope it stays this way but i really dont trust it rolleyes
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by yummy(m): 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2006
Uhmm, i can sense your pain (I don't get cramps). But anyways my friends use heated pad, some pills and also sitting in a hot tub. The water should be very hott, just sit in it. Or if u can't stand that, u should get like a bowl, with hott water, sit and let the hott water do whatever it'll do.
pls be careful with this method, cutting your head off won't stop your headache, don't go and pour hot water burn your bum.

@ all the girls having cramp or what do u call it

Just endure, it's going to be aight soon, i have no solution but i can advice you to take it easy with your medications since it's a natural thing. don't contradict medications since a lot of drug have their side effects.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by queen2(f): 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2006
K2DaC:

its funny this new yr , my cramps changed , coisidense , its better than before , it didnt hurt that much like it does on the first day , just a little , at least i could still play around n do other things , like other first days i stay rolling on the bed cryin or something ... hope it stays this way but i really don't trust it rolleyes

wow im happy for you, i had cramps for the first five month of my menses along with pain, i can't get out of bed, not to talk of going out, i missed school and some events but since then i only have it as a sign that im about to do it for that month, and its only slight pain, no cramp just for day1 of my menses, and the second day and until it finishes i dont have pains.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by IAH(f): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2006
Papa:

Go to Page one and look what Duncan wrote, that's how it's related. I'm sorry it's taken so long to get you to understand.
I was only supporting Duncan's solution to her menstrual pain ok!
And thanks for also being so polite.
Cheers.

Oh I see...Thanks! smiley

K2DaC:

its funny this new yr , my cramps changed , coisidense , its better than before , it didnt hurt that much like it does on the first day , just a little , at least i could still play around n do other things , like other first days i stay rolling on the bed cryin or something ... hope it stays this way but i really don't trust it rolleyes

Wow! I envy you o! I wish I could be saying that.

yummy:

please be careful with this method, cutting your head off won't stop your headache, don't go and pour hot water burn your bum.

@ all the girls having cramp or what do u call it

Just endure, it's going to be aight soon, i have no solution but i can advice you to take it easy with your medications since it's a natural thing. don't contradict medications since a lot of drug have their side effects.

Yes, people tend to apply different methods, some weird indeed. One of my friends in my former school would open the Bible to Psalms and lay it on my stomach. I won't even know when I would throw the thing off!
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2006
Lol i dont really trust it , i believe by the end of the month ill be rolling on the floor again , do yall throw up? i usually do , or even if i dont i feel like im going to
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by shaks(f): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2006
watch your diet at least a week before it starts, there are certain things that can cause morepain. also get your doctor to try various pills as over the counter pills are no good for serious pains. i swear by mine, however pills are tailored to the individual. stay clear of certain pain killers as they can cause ulsers undecided
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by okay: 8:38am On Jan 23, 2006
In repsonse to Duncan who attempted to explain away cramps where women "shouldn't feel pain after saying a prayer" (which is a fine prayer- but has nothing to do with menstral cramps), I want to explain that his understanding and interpretation of that verse is one of ignorance I'm afraid.  The pain in childrearing is actually properly interpreted of the pain of raising children(look at the Hebrew), not the actual pain in child birth.  Pain is not a sign that God is not near.  God is very near in the midst of our suffering, and it is not about quick fixes, no quick prayer is necessarily going to cure you of all ailments.  We live in a broken world, which affects our bodies as well.  We are not going to see the kingdom in all it's glory yet.  We are able to see glimpses, but it is not fully revealed, and I am not about to let anyone feel shame if they are a Christian, and they still have cramps because of a faulty understanding of a seemingly lack of faith.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by beyunce(f): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2006
WELL THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE MENSTRAL PAIN.
INTSEAD THEY GO TO THE TOILET I MEAN TO EXCRETE.
I AM DEAD SERIOUS( COS I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE)
grin grin grin grin
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by uchetobi(f): 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2006
its a pity mine has worsened in recent times. i now suffer premenstrual pains and the pain lasts thru out d three days. feldene and other drugs dont work. i take intra veinus sometimes. like w hen i have exams. someone pls say a prayer for me
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by j09: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2006
hi its me john iwant you to send for me a cuondseas mia tv movie in my computer please[quote][/quote]
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by dominobaby(f): 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2006
J09, u sure ur post was meant 4 ds thread n i cnt fathom ur statement!
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Greatpeter(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2006
Be healed Uchetobi now in Jesus name-Amen.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by icebitch(f): 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2006
Hello guys i can identify with you all. i also have very bad period pains ans mine is not just the first day it last till my third day. most times i throw up and wish i came as a man. the pain is usually unbearable, it goes to my waist, back and legs and i cannot help but throw up all the time. even till my third day. most times i take anadin extra like a day before my period some times it works and makes the pain less but sometimes it does not. i know it can be very annoying. i have actually taken injection for the pain before and it worked.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by cutiepie18(f): 4:27am On Apr 29, 2006
hmm when i first started my period i had it easy as hell no cramps,bloating,headache and all those shyt,damn but now itz like everything stops when am bout to get on i start breaking out lil by lil having like 2 or 3 pimples on my face and i hate having pimples then getting on my period datz when hell breaks loose i start having the worst sharp pain u can ever imagine i swear my legz be shaking,i be feeling dizzy as hell,painful headche.damn gurlz be going thru a lot.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by sajna: 7:39pm On May 10, 2006
its sooooooo shit, dya think its k 2 go 2 skool, if your suffering from dis?
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by sajna: 7:42pm On May 10, 2006
hey is ne1 online? nike4luv?
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by dominobaby(f): 12:16pm On May 12, 2006
I feel u guys.
I personaly dnt xperience all these gruesome pains, the only thing's that i just av some kinda tummy tumble a day before and its a sign kind of, that da red visitor's on its way.
Guess enuf's been said bout what and what not to do and take during those days.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by gentleone(f): 3:59pm On May 25, 2006
umm, , i have pains from time to time and once i take paracetamol, i feel better but for my sister,its worse. she throws up and all that but now, she takes feldene before the period starts so she doesnt have much pains. for my other sister, nothing happens, its just like any other day so really we're all different and we know what works for us.

taking something warm and lying down too works for me and as per taking sweet things, it doesn't contribute to or deter the pain in my own case but for my sis it does. so once again, it boils down to knowing what works for you.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by edygirl(f): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2006
I used to have a terrible dysmenorrhea. I have tried almost all the medicines mentioned aboved but none of them worked for me. But since 2004 I have not had it simply because I do these little things:
I don't eat sugary stuff 1-2 wks before my period
I drink a lot of water and during my period I drink but hot water
I try as much as possible to stay away from cold water as it worsens the pain.
I have not tried sleeping because I am always on the go but some people say it helps too.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by les4peace: 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2007
Medication; it's been scientifically proven, how powerful of medication is the question. I've also found combining acetaminophen (Tylenol or midol) with an NSAID is more effective than an NSAID alone, I used to take midol & ibuprofen during my period it worked alright. I got sick of popping pills all day and I went to my doctor and he put me on 500mg naproxen twice a day, it makes a world of difference. For me the Naproxen & accidimoniphon usually works unless something is aggravating it, like my pants are to tight or something. I generally try to wear either a dress or lose pants during that time of month so it doesn't put to much pressure over my stomach, and I'll often tie a sweatshirt or sweater around my waist to help keep the area warm during the day. If I'm wearing clothes that aggravate my cramps the pain killers I take stop helping, and I guess this is how many people with severe cramps feel no matter what.
If nothing else helps try taking a narcotic pain killer with an NSAID, starting with something relatively mild then using something stronger if you need to. A combination of Oxycodone, or Morphine with Ibuprofen or another NSAID (COMBUNOX = Oxycodone + ibuprofen) will help. Obviously these are very powerful drugs & I'm not your doctor, but drugs which treat severe pain effectively do exist. But before taking Oxycodone for cramps make sure you haven't skipped any simple solution like wearing loser pants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Get Rid Of Blackhead/ Black Spots On My Face? / Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / Lagosians In Highbrow Areas May Be Drinking Own Faeces –investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.