Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:47 PM

Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (23075 Views)

How To Alleviate Menstrual Cramps With Yoga Exercises [PICTURES And VIDEO] / 7 Ways To Handle Menstrual Pain (dysmenorrhea) / What are the side effects of menstrual pain pills? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by JoyceAgim(f): 6:55am On May 25, 2008
feel the pains the first day of ma menses,the other days im free.i dnt take any medication and all,cos i believe all drugs has side effects.so i run away from them.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by stnonymus(m): 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2008
JoyceAgim:

feel the pains the first day of ma menses,the other days im free.i dnt take any medication and all,because i believe all drugs has side effects.so i run away from them.

As an alternative you could take vitamin and mineral supplements.SWISSGARDE's Omega plus vitamin and mineral supplement have been known to ease menstrual cramps as well as ease the flow of blood.Omega plus contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 oils(fish and vegetable oils ) that are beneficial for those experiencing menstrual pains.Omega plus is NAFDAC approved.

For more information on SWISSGARDE visit www.swissgarde.com

To order Omega plus visit www./ourproducts.htm or call 084745332

For more information on Omega plus you can download the Word Document attached below.

Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by tees(f): 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2008
pain killers are effective only when you take them before the cycle of pains begin
so its better to start probably a day before u see the thing, cause once the pain starts, it runs its full cycle
thats been my experience
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by simi29: 5:38am On Aug 06, 2008
l had a friend back in college, she skipped school anytime she's on her period cry. She visits many doctor, but was told that the pain will stop when she start giving birth angry.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by vanessara: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
@sim 29,
may be i am that your friend, that was my talent, anytime my period comes calling,to describe it, its undesribable,i was always weak,will throw up and i had an excruciating pain on my back(spine).as well as my tummy.i always laid on the rug with my mum`s heels on my spine.if i am on the whole world knows and i cant help it.generally,i dont fall ill but when my period comes, its horror movie.
bouts of depression and quick anger never left me.till one day i was watching a programme and this lady "ayodele quincy" came on air.i couldnt go to school simple coz i was on.
there was a number displayed on the tv for her to be contacted,so i did out of despiration and i looking for a bit of distraction to alleviate my pain.
i was asked to hang on as she was attending to some other callers,nairalanders,i was on the phone for almost 30mins,till she came n asked if iwas a yoruba girl,i said yes and she asked me to go and buy some herbs "eru,eposhapo and kafura or kanfuru,cook it for thirty mins and drink.
To cut the long story shorrt,i gave the recipe to everybody that i no that suffers from dysmenorrhea.
here i am today dooing the same.pls whoever knows her should thank her for me.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Delisa: 12:15am On Apr 12, 2009
You know, though I'm currently in pain it feels great to know that I'm not on my own and other people live with the same problem, I'm 27 and over the last year, my periods have gone from bad to worst, Sometimes I can't even stand up, or sleep as the pain pierces through, And when people ask me what's wrong, all I can say is a headache - cause they don't get it,

Thanks for all the suggestions for pain relief so far, it really helps smiley

dx
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by PHARMTOKI(f): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2009
Dysmenorrhea is a term used to describe the cramping pains felt by women just before or during menstruation and all the discomfort associated with this.It could be as a result of underdeveloped genital organs,organic alterations such as malformation,inflammation and abcesses,a dysfunction of the ovariesor for purely psychological reasons.
Natural treatments such as sage herb,german chamomile,rosemary,evening primrose oil,and crampbark are very effective at relieving cramps.Hot compresses over the abdomen are also known to help.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2009
//
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2009
Does anyone alsosuffer from a few hours of pain during ovulation?
Does anyone also find that one side hurts more than the other; depending on which side the egg is released from?

Naa.

My body becomes resistant to particular drugs after a period. Ibuprofen, midol, advil etc stopped working for me. I'm currently using Aleve. Hope I don't become resistant to it. embarassed
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Sissy3(f): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2009
stillwater:

Naa.

My body becomes resistant to particular drugs after a period. Ibuprofen, midol, advil etc stopped working for me. I'm currently using Aleve. Hope I don't become resistant to it. embarassed

me too, it works for me more than advil and co. tried midol once it was even worse never worked
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2009
@Stillwater/ Sissy
Have you guys tried Motrin?

@post

Doesn't pain me anymore, except for tummy aches. Which goes away with help from Gatorade or Motrin.

I wonder, does Motrin decrease the length of PMs days?
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Hauwa1: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2009
i hate Motrin. i don't take any med, i stay warm, drink hot water and bear the pain for the first 2 days.

my china friend said meds for period is not good lipsrsealed, intro me to their hot stuff.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

@Stillwater/ Sissy
Have you guys tried Motrin?

@post

Doesn't pain me anymore, except for tummy aches. Which goes away with help from Gatorade or Motrin.

I wonder, does Motrin decrease the length of PMs days?

Never heard of Motrin. Gatorade is suicidal! Makes me puke.

*Hauwa*:

i hate Motrin. i don't take any med, i stay warm, drink hot water and bear the pain for the first 2 days.

my china friend said meds for period is not good lipsrsealed, intro me to their hot stuff.

I've tried doing that, but the pain's killing. I wonder how you guys do it.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Hauwa1: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2009
Stillwater, we are in the same shoe, mine could make me cry. i don't always look forward to that time of the month but then, that's nature.

Patience my sister, it's patience wink.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2009
LOL, 2 days? Ouch!!! Mines lasts a few hours. I barely have them anymore.

There's this one Tynelol tablets in a small bottle. so sweet, I prefer that one.

I heard that some cause infertility, true?

@Stillwater

Never heard of motrin ke? shocked shocked shocked

[img]http://megroberts.files./2008/11/motrin1.jpg[/img]

Liquid Motrin tastes yummy! cheesy cheesy
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Hauwa1: 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2009
Silk, that's what my chinese friend said o. i don't know but i stopped using tylenol since i moved in with her grin. she gave me idea of what to do and not to use med. now i don't use med anymore, still painful but staying warm helps a lot.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2009
Oooh Motrin!!!

@Hauwa

Someone suggested I go to the doctor for some "shot" so it doesn't come come out at all. And I'm like "Abeg o I never born, make I no go take something wey go cause something I know no. grin
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Sauron1: 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2009
stillwater:

Oooh Motrin!!!

@Hauwa

Someone suggested I go to the doctor for some "shot" so it doesn't come come out at all. And I'm like "Abeg o I never born, make I no go take something wey go cause something I know no. grin

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Silk, that's what my chinese friend said o. i don't know but i stopped using tylenol since i moved in with her grin. she gave me idea of what to do and not to use med. now i don't use med anymore, still painful but staying warm helps a lot.
Oh oh, I stopped drinking so many drinks just because ppl keep linking them to infertility.
Such as Vault energy drink and Starbucks undecided lipsrsealed

Do you have the recipe from your friend?
Did you try the jasmine rice yet? cheesy
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Treetop20(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Oh oh, I stopped drinking so many drinks just because ppl keep linking them to infertility.
Such as Vault energy drink and Starbucks
undecided lipsrsealed

Do you have the recipe from your friend?
Did you try the jasmine rice yet? cheesy
isn't that a fad?
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 19, 2009
Treetop20:

isn't that a fad?
fad?
You mean a hoax?
I don't know and I dnt want to be the first person to confirm it.
Maybe after my 6th child, then I'll confirm it cool cool
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Treetop20(m): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

fad?
You mean a hoax?
I don't know and I dnt want to be the first person to confirm it.
Maybe after my[b] 6th child[/b], then I'll confirm it cool cool
after your 6th child? shocked shocked
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2009
Treetop20:

after your 6th child? shocked shocked
Is there a problem with that? tongue

I wanted 7, but the the economy as it is, I'll have to settle with 6 undecided
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Treetop20(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2009
let's see how your body is after the first one ok?
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2009
Treetop20:

let's see how your body is after the first one ok?
Are you saying the reason why some men wants two is because they're worried about how she'll look after pregnancy?

Ah ahn
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Treetop20(m): 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Are you saying the reason why some men wants two is because they're worried about how she'll look after pregnancy?

Ah ahn
i didnt. we are talking about you here correct?
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2009
Treetop20:

i didnt. we are talking about you here correct?
Yes, but you're wondering how body go look after the first baby.

So answer. . . . tongue
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry

Why the angry face? Did I steal your money? angry
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Sauron1: 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2009
stillwater:

Why the angry face? Did I steal your money? angry

Not even your sticky fingers can pinch ma cake.
I was angry cos of your reluctance to see your GYN.
Village chic.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Not even your sticky fingers can pinch ma cake.
I was angry cos of your reluctance to see your GYN.
Village chic.

It is you that's a village boy. I wonder what you're doing here. Do you have cramps? Do tell.
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Sauron1: 10:55pm On Apr 19, 2009
stillwater:

It is you that's a village boy. I wonder what you're doing here. Do you have cramps? Do tell.

Cramps ke??
I am only looking out for ma woman and learning new things.
Meanwhile, if you lasses can stay off sugar completely then you have a chance of beating the cramps.
But Naija babes?? Their "long throat" will never allow em to. Flaming gluttons!!! grin
Re: Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cramps ke??
I am only looking out for ma woman and learning new things.
Meanwhile, if you lasses can stay off sugar completely then you have a chance of beating the cramps.
But Naija babes?? Their "long throat" will never allow em to. Flaming gluttons!!! grin

So what does your woman use to curb her pains?
How is it possible to stay off sugar?

Killer Cop: Victim’s Daughter Develops Seizure After Mother’s Killing(pic) / Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / Mentally Challenged Woman Wanders Away After Giving Birth To Bouncing Baby. PICS