Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. (30172 Views)

Why Today's Women Should Marry Before Age 25! / 20 Things Women Should Never Do! / Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2013
Being financially independent is excellent for everyone.
Each of us, can make a small or big effort to earn money and stand on our own feet. The benefits go beyond the economic reasons. It is good for women and the whole society.
Some of these benefits include:

1. Financially independent women take their own decisions.
When women are dependent upon others for money, they might need to take permission from them. Some women
might be happy to do that while others need to be more independent and take their own decisions.

2. Financially independent women are good financial backups for family.
In times of financial crisis, when many people lose jobs, it is good when both partners are earning income. When
one loses job, other still has income to support the family and fill the gap. In terms of health, if one partner is sick, he or she can take time off and take good rest and recover properly. Finally, in case of unexpected death of family
member, the other person can still handle the family expenses.

3. Financially independent women contribute financially to the family.
When the inflation is up, prices are skyrocketing, if both partners are working, it is easier to own a home and meet family expenses.

4. Financially independent women contribute financially to the society and economy.
When women earn money, they can be financially givers to society. They can give to charities and help in social causes. They also boost country's economy and GDP by earning actively.

5. Financially independent women motivate children to stand on their own feet.
When children see that mother is earning money, they are motivated to stand on their own feet. They see good work ethic in their own home and want to follow it.

6. Financially independent women can follow their dreams.
We all dream but sometimes when we don't have money, we need to adjust to what we have and be content. Women who earn money tend to follow their dreams which could be a social cause or a big car.

7. Personal independence boosts your confidence
Independent people naturally tend to be a little more confident on handling issues affecting their lives. This is mainly because they are more prepared to take actions and do things without having to wait for support or permission from someone else. Being independent therefore means that you will be more likely to try out new things that you want, rather than what or how you are expected to. This also means that you will have more experience than a less
independent individual. This will in time build up more confidence in you with the knowledge
that you can do things on your own. For entrepreneurs, this confidence opens yourmind to taking bigger risks and unbeaten paths that eventually returns bigger rewards.

8. Personal improvement and creativity
Having a free and independent mind gives you
freedom to explore your skills and talents and will ultimately bring out the best in you.

9. Self-value and self-esteem
Independence can help increase your self- value and self-esteem, more so if becoming independent is one of your goals. The achievement of financial, emotional, social, career and personal independence gives you a sense of accomplishment that eventually changes how you rate yourself and how others view you.
The increased self-worth that comes with this independence is a great booster to your self-esteem and personal success.

35 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one!

Take one big stout for my head!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
grin

Hehehe
Thank you tongue
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by 4reigningqueen: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
hhmmmm
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by tmtech: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
You are on point....

Buh too much money increases feminism tendencies....I want my wife to be financially independent.
However, I wuldnt want here to over do and neglect her primary duties at home.....men are to work hard enof to fend for dia family...wives can complement

8 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by angelTI(f): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
ok.....
Good Afternoon NLanders
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Kanwulia: 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
NL women AND MEN nor go like this wan o! grin
Pehnis don 'fall' be dat! cheesy

*A FULL DAY OFF at last! Yippeeee!!! Balancing on my water bed. . . in this cold rainy weather. . . Time for some breakfast in bed and NETFLIX* cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by wiilly02(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
op u've got good points....bt d questn is wil d ladies in d house listen

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
cool Nice one. Tell them so they'll stop depending. grin
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by solid3(m): 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
wink
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by dkronicle(m): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lol
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Thebrightest(m): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice write up
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by bebe2(f): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
i totally agree wit the post,
those are the advantages wat about the disadvantages??

financially independent women can be sturbborn to their husbands.

they can have the '' wat do i need a man for?? '' syndrome

pls add more if u want, i no fit worry myself undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by skyscraperTM(m): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
ßeiηg fiηancially iη∂epen∂ent is oηe thiηg, ßeiηg fiηancially seηsible is αησther thiηg. . . most la∂ies woυld rather spend money on make-ups and other inconsistential ornaments rather than invest in a business or support the family. to some married women, the man's money is everybody's money while their money is for them alone. it's funny how a financially stable woman still expects her husband to always give her pocket money daily.

some of the women that exhibit there attribute owns big shops, supermarket etc.. also, these businesses were opened by the husbands.

the question is...

"what do they use the money they earn for?"

---------------
a guy will send his girlfriend airtime of N500 and she will still flash the guy to say 'thank you.'

we all talk about gender equality, yet you ask your girlfriend out on a tryst and she will come along with her friends without your fore-knowledge, demands above your capacity and puts you in trouble. the annoying part is the way she'll ask you to settle the bills like you own her money.

funny enough, you board a shuttle with your girl and when you guys alight from the bus she expects you to clear the bills.

the list goes on and on. . . we keep asking ourselves, what do ladies do with the money they earn, it's high time girls learn to be financially independent. reason is when they do so, men will respect them more, she won't look like a burden to him, and he won't take you for granted et all!!

All izz well

20 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Laslim(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
I dey cum bak cos my water dey fire
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Csami(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Its a good thing but, what if she earns more than the husband and at the same time likes to oppose the man?
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by iamswizz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
17th
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
this cute.
my wife must possess all this grin cheesy grin wink
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Datruggedman: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
if women are meant 2 b financially independent,guys get it in ur skulls dat we are in big problem
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tell them o!
Nija chicks too like to dey depend on men.
It's always good to be financially okay on your own. You go even get your self respect.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Datruggedman: 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
Laslim: I dey cum bak cos my water dey fire
wat is diz one saying
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Thebrightest(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
Datruggedman: wat is diz one saying
He is saying he is boiling water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Datruggedman: 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Tell them o!
Nija chicks too like to dey depend on men.
It's always good to be financially okay on your own. You go even get your self respect.
and den insult the man of d house

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by macdelene(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
My dear may God bless u wella for this tread. I hope all d women, ladies and gals for nairaland dey see am. The truth is bitter must we must hear, see and knw am. Say full time housewife no be work ooo. U lose ur confidence, self esteem, creativeness and dreams. Na only aproko, tatafooo and gbegberu go be ur career. Gone are d days wen men dey like liability as wife. Ooo. If u no fit get employment open small biz do. And see ur life change for d beta.

6 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by imsuboi(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
the dude below me reasons with his little pr'ick

tongue

5 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Thebrightest(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
My wife will not work at all. All she will do is to satisfy me SEXUALLY day and night.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Datruggedman: 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thebrightest: He is saying he is boiling water.
ooooppppss, i mean jesse,i taught he was frying the water

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Datruggedman: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
datedoboi: How to Be Successful
How to Be Successful
Many people want to achieve success in life, but it's easier said than done. There are so many distractions that it can be challenging to discipline one's self to accomplish a monumental goal. By keeping the following advice in mind, however, you can dramatically increase your chances of becoming successful in whatever you choose to pursue.
Read more
http://2dayknowledge..com/2013/10/how-to-be-successful.html
tanx keep ur advice
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Castos(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
where is brymo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman's Online Boyfriend Turns-Out To Be Ex-husband / Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.