Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. (30334 Views)

Why Today's Women Should Marry Before Age 25! / 20 Things Women Should Never Do! / Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Ibitade1993(f): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Buh too much money increases femnism tendencies....I want my wife to be financially independent.
However, I wuldnt want here to over do and neglect her primary duties at home.....men are to work hard enof to fend for dia family...wives can complement. Yea!
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by violet90(f): 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
slimmy05: cool Nice one. Tell them so they'll stop depending. grin
Who is depending on u, we don't hav tym for such anymore cos we r not ready to lick any ones feet. So get that into your head.........
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by violet90(f): 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
ßeiηg fiηancially iη∂epen∂ent is oηe thiηg, ßeiηg fiηancially seηsible is αησther thiηg. . . most la∂ies woυld rather spend money on make-ups and other inconsistential ornaments rather than invest in a business or support the family. to some married women, the man's money is everybody's money while their money is for them alone. it's funny how a financially stable woman still expects her husband to always give her pocket money daily.

some of the women that exhibit there attribute owns big shops, supermarket etc.. also, these businesses were opened by the husbands.

the question is...

"what do they use the money they earn for?"

---------------
a guy will send his girlfriend airtime of N500 and she will still flash the guy to say 'thank you.'

we all talk about gender equality, yet you ask your girlfriend out on a tryst and she will come along with her friends without your fore-knowledge, demands above your capacity and puts you in trouble. the annoying part is the way she'll ask you to settle the bills like you own her money.

funny enough, you board a shuttle with your girl and when you guys alight from the bus she expects you to clear the bills.

the list goes on and on. . . we keep asking ourselves, what do ladies do with the money they earn, it's high time girls learn to be financially independent. reason is when they do so, men will respect them more, she won't look like a burden to him, and he won't take you for granted et all!!

All izz well
♍A̶̲̥̅ dear ladies r becoming wise dis days so its a matter of tym everythn will fall into place. Let's keep on waitn n ho
ping
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Mintayo(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef:

Actually, it's not true. A financially independent woman has a higher tendency to sleep around. Statistically proven!
i don't know abt ur statistics,but what you said is right, a financially independent woman has a higher tendency to sleep around.
I have so more than five live examples and experiences...i know a top official,a woman, in a bank now that sleeps around!
#btw,i fully support it that a woman should be oky financially!
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Smile4mee01: 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
I totally support Women being financially independent. Ever since my dad passed on, i have been saddled with the responsibility of doing everything for my family, had my mum been financially independent, Life would have been somewhat easier... it hurts me sometimes to have worked for abt 4 yrs and i have nothing to show for my self.

Please if u are a woman reading this... If u are married please live life as though your husband is no more. if u are single, turst me it does add to your credentials of being marriageable. haven experienced it myself, i would not make the mistake my dad made. As a rule of thumb i dont even date gurls that are not working or business savvy

4 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Smile4mee01: I totally support Women being financially independent. Ever since my dad passed on, i have been saddled with the responsibility of doing everything for my family, had my mum been financially independent, Life would have been somewhat easier... it hurts me sometimes to have worked for abt 4 yrs and i have nothing to show for my self.

Wow....this is so sad.
I hope everything turns out alright for you soonest.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
Smile4mee01: I totally support Women being financially independent. Ever since my dad passed on, i have been saddled with the responsibility of doing everything for my family, had my mum been financially independent, Life would have been somewhat easier... it hurts me sometimes to have worked for abt 4 yrs and i have nothing to show for my self.

Please if u are a woman reading this... If u are married please live life as though your husband is no more. if u are single, turst me it does add to your credentials of being marriageable. haven experienced it myself, i would not make the mistake my dad made. As a rule of thumb i dont even date gurls that are not working or business savvy

You are wise enough to learn from your parents' mistakes. If everyone did it, we would have developed further faster. My best wishes to you and God bless you!
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mintayo:
i don't know abt ur statistics,but what you said is right, a financially independent woman has a higher tendency to sleep around.
I have so more than five live examples and experiences...i know a top official,a woman, in a bank now that sleeps around!
#btw,i fully support it that a woman should be oky financially!
Why do you people keep repeating this lie? Independent women do not have tendency to sleep around please and a promiscuous woman will be promiscuous whether or not she is independent.
Stop trying to tarnish the image of women who are working hard to make something of their lives okay?

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Olysmile(f): 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one there, tnx op for write-up. Women needs to be stable financially
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by passionate88: 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef: Let's not kid ourselves, on average..the more financially independent women become, the higher their insolence. Its good for women and the society in all ramifications. But, it reduces men's leverage on women terribly!
What leverage do you want to have over a female u call ur wife?. Just pray to find a lady with a GOOD CHARACTER and not a feminist.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by airoport: 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Plumkin: No one talks bout dependent men, yet they exist undecided

That's the trend these days. Men now look up to their wives. They even hoard their earnings. Do a little research and see for yourselves!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Aigbekaenjossy: 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
When a woman is financially ok she settles emergencies in the absence of oga at the top.A woman is a home.My husband will always say a man is the head of the fam but a woman is the head of the home.Remember the home is where the heart is.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by mymz(f): 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
"too much financial independence results in feministic tendencies", "women should be financially independent so that they can be respected"

damned if u do, dammed if u don't. guys which way na? lol......

@topic; women! you're a lot more than just a pretty face and a nice *ass. you've got potential (plenty) and u should explore all of it. life is a whole lot more than getting an education and clinging to a man as a life support thereon.

however, with financial independence just like every other status in life, comes dignity, respect and humility. if u respect yourself, u'll never disrespect other people (unreasonably) talk more your "better half".

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by sunnyt1(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
Gold-digging has been a cankerworm to the success of relationships and marriages.

This should spell an end to aristotle, runs and gold-digging.

Amin ase
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
mymz:
"too much financial independence results in feministic tendencies", "women should be financially independent so that they can be respected"

damned if u do, dammed if u don't. guys which way na? lol......

@topic; women! you're a lot more than just a pretty face and a nice *ass. you've got potential (plenty) and u should explore all of it. life is a whole lot more than getting an education and clinging to a man as a life support thereon.

however, with financial independence just like every other status in life, comes dignity, respect and humility. if u respect yourself, u'll never disrespect other people (unreasonably) talk more your "better half".

100 likes
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by cheche98(f): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
...... The other side of the coin. A man has ego. Any man who derives joy collecting money without providing for his lady is LAZY . when a woman is financially independent, the power shifts from the man to the woman becoz he can't meet her need . She's not feeling the man he said he is. she's doing everything for herself, why won't she take decisions.. She's her own man. Be careful of what you guys ask for..........

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
cheche98: ...... The other side of the coin. A man has ego. Any man who derives joy collecting money without providing for his lady is LAZY . when a woman is financially independent, the power shifts from the man to the woman becoz he can't meet her need . She's not feeling the man he said he is. she's doing everything for herself, why won't she take decisions.. She's her own man. Be careful of what you guys ask for..........

Just because a man goes for a financially independent lady, doesnt mean he is lazy and broke undecided

Just because I have my own doesn't mean he is not a man and can't give me anything else than money. shocked
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by passionate88: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
cheche98: ...... The other side of the coin. A man has ego. Any man who derives joy collecting money without providing for his lady is LAZY . when a woman is financially independent, the power shifts from the man to the woman becoz he can't meet her need . She's not feeling the man he said he is. she's doing everything for herself, why won't she take decisions.. She's her own man. Be careful of what you guys ask for..........
na wa for girls o. So money go make girl disrespect guy?. Make she make her own decision na, na me get her mind b4?. I jst dey notice say many Naija girls dn carry this whole "receive money" from guys hand for head. It's all good
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by passionate88: 11:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Just because a man goes for a financially independent lady, doesnt mean he is lazy and broke undecided

Just because I have my own doesn't mean he is not a man and can't give me anything else than money. shocked
Help me tell her o. Dm think say na only money. I notice say if girl dey earn more than guy, she go still expect d guy to dey give her cash. I jst tire for Naija girls
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by kolado(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
I can't imagine myself collecting money from my gf without providing for her the finest things of life. Let alone being financially dependent on my wife. Men who do that are social pariahs and should be thrown out of society.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by kolado(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Methink once you're financially independent you don't need to hang the spectre of your financial responsibilities around his neck. Since you've your money i don't think there is anything else you need than to complement his earnings when it comes to household expenses.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Happytina(f): 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thats the fact. Nice one. Kudos
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 17, 2013
kolado: Methink once you're financially independent you don't need to hang the spectre of your financial responsibilities around his neck. Since you've your money i don't think there is anything else you need than to complement his earnings when it comes to household expenses.

But why should your wife bear your name when you are no longer providing money for her? smiley
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by passionate88: 12:12am On Oct 17, 2013
De Beauvoir:

But why should your wife bear your name when you are no longer providing money for her? smiley
why shouldn't she bear my name when I did the necessary things to get her?. I paid for her hand in marriage and after bringing her to my house u still expect her to bear her father's name?. Na wa o. We give up
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 17, 2013
passionate88: why shouldn't she bear my name when I did the necessary things to get her?. I paid for her hand in marriage and after bringing her to my house u still expect her to bear her father's name?. Na wa o. We give up

But you know that paying bride price is not in the Bible.
It's not a christian thing to do and it's origins is in pagan religions.
Bearing of husbands' names is also not in the Bible smiley
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by passionate88: 12:23am On Oct 17, 2013
De Beauvoir:

wow. Nigerian girls knw hw to quote Bible when the want. Then show me in d Bible where the bride wore white to her wedding?. When Jesus turned water into wine in the Bible, what did the master of ceremony say to the groom?
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by tintingz(m): 12:27am On Oct 17, 2013
You have valid point there @bold smiley
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by tintingz(m): 12:35am On Oct 17, 2013
De Beauvoir:

but he paid the bride price right...?

according to islamic marriage a wife doesn't have to bear his husband name she has to keep her father's name. smiley
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by passionate88: 12:37am On Oct 17, 2013
tintingz: but he paid the bride price right...?

according to islamic marriage a wife doesn't have to bear his husband name she has to keep her father's name. smiley
is it practiced?.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 17, 2013
tintingz: but he paid the bride price right...?

So? Who asked you? angry
Abeg alfa carry your Rihadus Saliheen comot for here, this place is not ya madrassa tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by tintingz(m): 12:38am On Oct 17, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Lol, bride price not in the bible...go read your bible well madame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / Girl He Never Slept With Claims To Be Pregnant For Him / 6 Ways Parents Complicate The Matrimonial Future Of Their Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.