Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:57 AM

Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test - Nairaland Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Ads / Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test (86968 Views)

Discussion Of Nairaland's New Targeted Ads / Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Seun(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
The beta test is over! Please visit How To Place targeted Ads On Nairaland
Earlier this year, our big corporate advertisers told us that the 154 by 95 pixel ad format was too small to deliver the kind of impact they were looking for. In response to this, we have switched over to a new ad format: 318 x 106 pixels. It's was carefully chosen to be big enough to deliver the kind of impact that our corporate advertisers are looking for, but not too big, so that advertising on Nairaland can remain affordable.

At the same time, all categories of advertisers asked us to automate our system so they will have better control over their ad campaigns. Advertisers also asked for better ad targeting so they can drastically increase the ROI of their ad campaigns by allowing them to target only the Nairaland members who are most likely to be interested in whatever they might be selling or promoting.

We've granted this desire for automation by creating a new system called Nairaland's Dynamic Ads. This is a system that allows any Nairaland member to create ads by uploading suitable images and to place those ads on any section of Nairaland at any time. Our main goal when creating this system was to figure out how to make it simple and straightforward but also powerful and flexible. We think we've achieved that.

We'd like to invite adventurous advertisers to help us to test our new Dynamic Ads. If you're interested, pls do the following:

1. Ask a graphic designer to create an ad banner (or banners) for you. It/they should be 318 pixels wide, 106 pixels tall, compressed to less than 30kb in the .JPG or .PNG format, and borderless. Then visit https://www.nairaland.com/campaign and upload your ad there.

2. Send me a PM titled "Credit Loading Request" with
a. Your real name, company name if applicable, and phone number.
b. The name, description and web address of each product/service you want to advertise.
c. The amount of credits you wish to load into the system to test it (5,000 naira or more)

If your product/service is suitable for promotion on Nairaland, we will send you our payment details. After we've been notified of your payment by our bank, we'll place the credits in your account as soon as we can. After that, you will be able to start placing your ads anywhere on Nairaland.

See also: www.nairaland.com/adrates for an estimate of the weekly cost of placing Dynamic Ads on various sections of Nairaland.

The beta test is over! Please visit How To Place targeted Ads On Nairaland

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by AbuMikey(m): 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
On a serious note,the new beta system is better than the older version, nice one wink
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by AbuMikey(m): 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
Important

If I were to ask you for an advertising space,to promote advertise a forum,just like nairaland, capable of competing with Nairaland, will you accept or just reply with a blank NO! ?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Seun(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
Abu Mikey: On a serious note,the new beta system is better than the older version, nice one wink
Thanks!

Abu Mikey: If I were to ask you for an advertising space,to promote advertise a forum,just like nairaland, capable of competing with Nairaland, will you accept or just reply with a blank NO! ?
We will accept it. As long as your adverts are not deceptive, you can freely promote products/services/businesses that compete with Nairaland.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by tpia5: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice!
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Olarewajub: 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Davo93(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thats lovely...
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Youngzedd(m): 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
What is the ad duration? @ Seun

How will the money be deducted, PPC or what?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
On a serious note, can i advertize my moi moi business on nairalanad?? angry angry

#TeamGOM kiss

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Anuoluwap(m): 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ok
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by VirginFinder: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Good one!
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Jelo4kul(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
New ad or old ad,,up Nairaland,,joor, Heading to d top
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by adsonstone: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Seun:

We will accept it. As long as your adverts are not deceptive, you can freely promote products/services/businesses that compete with Nairaland.

Hmmm... I see
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by J0nyb0y(m): 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Cool
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Sermwell(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
V
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Youngzedd(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
This is impressing @Seun.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by dridowu: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
I will soon advertise
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by AyodejiCharles(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Fogman(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by kingthreat(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tight. good one. Seun
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by papaejima1: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Seun, so this long explanation is automation to you?

Automation IMO is thus:
I have an ad, I visit NL, signup then click place your adverts (or advertise etc).
A payment page opens, I pay with my debit or credit card etc, the system authenticates/confirms the payment and automatically sends me to a new url (my ad campaign dashboard) from where I can now start my campaign, Uploading my pic or whatever.
Alternatively, after payment the system can generate a mail with a link to activate my account in my email.

That to me is the basic automation.
Which one be to PM you, then you send payment details, I go make payment etc

This is a money making venture man! Automate it for good.
Highest, to avoid abuse you allow the new signups/campaigns to be admin moderated.

That na my 10 kobo sha. Think about it. Beta testing no be excuse ooo.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Anniettieufia(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
This is nice !

But,
If someone has #2000.00, he or she cannot advertise on nairaland?

I need answer , pls.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
wow!...but now that you have introduced credit system, are we going to be charged per click, impression or per day? Pls explain.

Can we also track the ads performance (performance report) from the https://www.nairaland.com/campaign page and not just cost report only?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Chrisvicmall: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Youngzedd: What is the ad duration? @ Seun

How will the money be deducted, PPC or what?

Admin, please answer this question. It is very important. We need to know how you charge. Is it Pay Per Click or Pay per Impression or just Pay Per Duration. Answer us before we enter the Dynamic Ad

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Discussion Of Nairaland's New Targeted Ads / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest / Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.