Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Steps For A Successful Happy Marriage Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Steps For A Successful Happy Marriage Life (680 Views)

Perfect Definition Of A Happy Marriage(pix) / Every Woman Should Read These 30 Rules For A Happy Marriage / Are You Looking Forward To Marriage Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps For A Successful Happy Marriage Life by chapatti: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
Marry someone you love exactly as they are, and be sure they feel the same. That way, you’ll never expect more of each other than you are each happy to give. I didn’t realize this until my second marriage. Another secret? Don’t get married until you’re sure of who you are.

Steps For A successful Happy Marriage Life

1 Go to bed angry if you want to. It has often been said that a couple should never let the sun set on an argument, but this is a bit unrealistic. Some arguments are, by their nature, two-day events: too much is at stake to set an arbitrary bedtime deadline. Faced with a stark choice between closure and a night’s sleep, you’re better off with the latter in almost every case. I’ve gone to bed angry loads of times, with no particular deleterious effects. You don’t actually stay angry. It’s a bit like going to bed drunk; you wake up feeling completely different, if not better. Steps For A successful Happy Marriage Life

2 Marriages and other long-term relationships have a significant public element. Like an iceberg, the bulk of a marriage is hidden from view, but the top bit, the bit that you take out to parties and show off, should appear exemplary to outsiders: charming without being cloying; happy without being giddy; entertainingly spiky, but also mutually respectful. Above all, the whole thing should look effortless. Everybody knows marriage is hard; no one wants to watch you do the work. I’m not saying that faking it in public is the key to marital success, but if you get this front-of-house stuff wrong, it will eventually have an impact on your actual relationship.

3 Don’t make the time you spend together too special. Spending time together is important, but it shouldn’t feel important, otherwise it creates undue pressure to enjoy yourselves. You don’t have to go on a mini-break or light candles every time. Doing normal, everyday things as a couple counts as relationship maintenance, much in the same way that hoovering counts as exercise. Walking the dog counts. Eating breakfast together counts. Wandering aimlessly through a deserted shopping precinct together counts. Watching TV together doesn’t count, unfortunately, although I’m currently appealing this.

4 When it comes to questions such as “How do I look in this?” “Do sideburns suit me?” “Are these trousers all right?” and “Do you like my new hair cut?” everyone, male or female, appreciates something that sounds like an honest answer. This is not necessarily the same as an honest answer.
click here for the full details. >>>www-yahoomail-com-yahoo-mail-sign-in/">http://pressgist.com/create-yahoomail-www-yahoomail-com-yahoo-mail-sign-in/
Re: Steps For A Successful Happy Marriage Life by jbblues24(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2019
No dull ham o
Re: Steps For A Successful Happy Marriage Life by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:43pm On May 24, 2019
In short facing the reality
Re: Steps For A Successful Happy Marriage Life by jbblues24(m): 3:22am On May 29, 2019
I want to learn this kind of shot! Teach me.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Craziest/silliest Thing You've Done To A Guy/lady.... / Help!! Need Your Advice Badly / Man Commits Suicide After Fiancée Dumps Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.