Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,681 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker (8010 Views)

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 / The Fallen Standard Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Fynestboi: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
fynestboi: EJIGBO (OSUN) — Mr. Najeem Salaam, Speaker of Osun House of Assembly, yesterday, said that the merger and reclassification of public schools by the state government was aimed at improving the standard of education.

He said this in Ejigbo when he paid a courtesy call on the Elejigbo of Ejigbo, Oba Omowonuola Oyesosin.

Salaam appealed to the people of the state to support the government in efforts to actualise the goals of the policy.

Gov. Aregbesola with students of the O’ School Reform initiative.

He also appealed to religious leaders in the state to refrain from politicising the schools’ merger and reclassification.

“There is nothing wrong with merging Christian and Muslim schools.

“This is a new government policy aimed at improving the standard of education;

I think we need to give government the opportunity to experiment this new idea,” he said.

The speaker said that the government was only trying to use its meagre resources to improve the standard of education.

In his remarks, Oba Oyesosin urged the people of the state to cooperate with government in efforts to implement the new policy.

He said that the policy was to improve the standard of education and not to relegate any religious organisation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/merged-re-classified-schools-osun-speaker/

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
What did i even want to say?
I will get back to you later after recollecting my thoughts.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by hybeekay9: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
I.B.K.com.... 2nd to comment.
Nothing 2 say sha
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
In the near future, with great caution will I employ individuals that went to pry/sec(public) school in that state from this year onwards, heard they want to start teaching with yoruba too. How can u even consider teaching science, literature, maths with Yoruba, all these things were built around english. Dumb kids, that's what they will produce.

6 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by extremelygolden: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hope there won't be conflict later as a result of the merger!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Lilimax(f): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
How will merging of schools improve the standard of education

2 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Moukafoam(f): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Chiamaka01: What did i even want to say?
I will get back to you later after recollecting my thoughts.

One of those cheesy
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Daziz(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok oooo a round of applause for them wait whats d topic self any way still giv dem a round of applause ....laughin in greek shgajbhgxsdnjhxhsbdjhxzhszndjxzhmcnsdouia,csudcsjhxuy8sdz
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Youngzedd(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nice move.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by seedord247(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Moukafoam:

One of those cheesy

Miss mouckafoam >> how much per night cuz my bed aint that good. wink
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Horlawoomey(m): 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
some government policy can be a situation of "no pain, no gain"
The people of state of Osun should give Ogbeni some chance with this reformation.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
no doubt osun is moving!! soon they will follow our steps!!!
Osun a dara!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Lilimax(f): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
extremelygolden: Hope there won't be conflict later as a result of the merger!
The Christians which were the original owners of the school had protested
some weeks ago during which they were armed with their Holy Bibles and Hymn books wink
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
like Awolowo, like Aregbesola!!
osun a dara!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by seedord247(m): 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax:
The Christians which were the original owners of the school had protested
some weeks ago during which they were armed with their Holy Bibles and Hymn books wink

how does the smiley you used correspond with your comment?

4 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Valto(m): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
How can merging a Christian and Muslim schools bring the much needed improvement Two separate religion that av very different views.. Imagine sending an islamic scholar to madonna university and a pastor schooling at convenant university to a strictly muslim university. Mixing a strictly girls school with a strictly boys school, all in the name of merger! Seriously this arrangement is a time bomb!

9 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by princemolak(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Like this post if you hate Aregbe's Educational Reform

15 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by holuwashezy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Did the gov make provision for transportation of student of those merged schools ?.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Tuntheycr7: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
The Muslim and the Christian bodies that established those schools have a motives of doing so.
So mergin those school together would juxt jeoperdized the motive.
Government should built its own school rather than complicating religious issue in the state.
Perhapz they were unable to convince the people with a reasonable points...
Aregbe shud Let lying dogs sleep I beg

3 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by cyril10(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Look before you leap, very important

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Blessmira: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
ok na
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Lilimax(f): 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
seedord247:

how does the smiley you used correspond with your comment?
It does because we are peace loving wink sad
So
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by stillme(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
One of the problems of nigerians is impatience. I see nothing wrong with giving something a trial. We should not condemn the new system yet,let us wait for the result this merger. The Governor's intention is for the good of the students not bad. He should be commended for that brave step.

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by njuwo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by perez019(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
Now I can boldly say that Gov Aregbesola is high on SK..so Merging a male secondary school with a female secondary school will improve d standard of education in osun state abi?

3 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Aliyubest(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
princemolak: Like this post if you hate Aregbe's Educational Reform
seun, MOD pls how can i unlike dis comment, tenks

2 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by lakad4u(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
I am pleasing to say I am part of the students that enjoying the educations reformed...I am say this because our governors is trying for osun state..osun adara oooooooo

3 pa pa for our governors.....
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by shegz1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
Why don't he talk about the boys school that have been existing for decade that has nw been turn to mixed school. Good policy but not well planned.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Stephanie2020: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ Lilimax...abeg help mi ask dem because i wonda hw emergin of skuls wil improv d standard of education...instead of improvin it wil bring it so low because d students wil b much n d environment wil b unconducive 4 learnin..Osun state govonor nids som dose of gud advise
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
holuwashezy: Did the gov make provision for transportation of student of those merged schools ?.

You expect him to just bring-in some Coaster Bus with no good roads!? Let Aregbe finish with Road Constructions first.

Aregbe nor dey rush abeg!!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by ajadek(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
stillme: One of the problems of nigerians is impatience. I see nothing wrong with giving something a trial. We should not condemn the new system yet,let us wait for the result this merger. The Governor's intention is for the good of the students not bad. He should be commended for that brave step.
wE wait till everything. Get destroye permalent?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwarapoly Postjamb Examination. / The History Of Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana Afikpo- Polyunwanaseees / Unimaid Final Admission List For 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.