Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker (8027 Views)

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 / The Fallen Standard Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

The programs are sustainable on their own but on the basis of their nomenclature, another party will cancel it. You kno how these things are.

Even without the nomenclature any other party can cancel it

Just like Aregbesola cancelled Oyinlola 6 world class stadium project.

The nomenclature is to identify it with the administration. Should Aregbesola in 3013 now be worried that a govt in 2020 would come and cancel it?

Aregbesolas job is to make Osun better during his regime, if the next govt comes and cancel it, How is that Aregbesolas problem

In the USA, Affordabe healthcare law is named OBAMACARE should the president be worried that the next president would change its name?
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1: I understand your explanation on school laboratory. For such a town that you described, why can't the government just provide a centralist laboratory and library for such a town and the rest. Rather than confusion playing out.

O

You mean whenever the student want to use the lab they should go to another school? Why not simply build a giant school for everyone and well equipped for all?

My argument is, once school ethics will be adhered to without throwing the state into
Religious turmoil. Fine. But a student lording it over the school because of her faith is totally appalling and should not be encouraged because you are sending a wrong message into he psyche of the kids.

How is it the student Lording it over? i thought it was the govt directive that all schools should be mixed regardless of sex or religion
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

The schools are all owned by the Government and govt decision takes precedence. Govt pays the teachers salaries, Govt maintain the infrastructure

The Ministry of Education is under the govt and every Public school needs to follow the direction of the Ministry.

What nomenclature is different and how does the different nomenclature affect the workings of it

Calling the tablet Opon Imon does it change the functionality?
Dayokanu

Thanks. My bone of contention is o this o-that. A change of government will lead to a change of the names or outright cancellation. If the name of o-reap is sustainble agricultural programme or anything like that. That becomes more difficult to change. I can bet my life that another party will change state of osun.
Write it down. Then why waste public funds on printing letter heads carrying such.

I quite agree that schools must follow goverwnt policies through the min of education but such policies must be well articulated to the citizenry. No matter how beneficial a policy of govt is, in as much as the populace does not understand it, it will be loathe with suspicions, insinuations and sabotage might set in.

It won't cost the govt more to let the people understand what they are trying to do. It will cost it more at the end of the day if such policies are rejected out of suspicion and misguided trust issue.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

You started the insults and I will not condone that after the initial advise. Back to our discussion.

I am not a religious bigot and you know it that in Yorubaland, there is virtually no family without Muslim or Christian members.

My argument is, once school ethics will be adhered to without throwing the state into
Religious turmoil. Fine. But a student lording it over the school because of her faith is totally appalling and should not be encouraged because you are sending a wrong message into he psyche of the kids.

I understand your explanation on school laboratory. For such a town that you described, why can't the government just provide a centralist laboratory and library for such a town and the rest. Rather than confusion playing out.

O

I actually used the Laboratory as an example. There are many things involved to improve the standard of High Schools.. which are costly.

Besides, most Government schools (Secondary Schools) are too bad for Students preparing to be in Higher Institution.
I mean they are not Conducive!! Tho i attended Unity School but the Day Schools are very bad!!

The schools in Irewole share Laboratory Equipments when they are having Practicals.

The Elementary Schools are going to be everywhere. It's only the High School that will somehw be far from home.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

You mean whenever the student want to use the lab they should go to another school? Why not simply build a giant school for everyone and well equipped for all?

How is it the student Lording it over? i thought it was the govt directive that all schools should be mixed regardless of sex or religion

So what happens to the abandoned schools grounds while the students move to a bigger school. What happens to the little those schools have in their laboratory .

I quite understand your analogy with obamacare. Maybe I'm being overtly concerned about the longevity and sustainability of the programmes . Like you are advising, we should live now and let tomorrow take care of itself. Ok.

All students should be advised by the same govt to attend the schools in peace without formenting troubles that could spiral into the larger society. A classical example is what happened at Iwo
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie:

I actually used the Laboratory as an example. There are many things involved to improve the standard of High Schools.. which are costly.

Besides, most Government schools (Secondary Schools) are too bad for Students preparing to be in Higher Institution.
I mean they are not Conducive!! Tho i attended Unity School but the Day Schools are very bad!!

The schools in Irewole share Laboratory Equipments when they are having Practicals.

The Elementary Schools are going to be everywhere. It's only the High School that will somehw be far from home.

You are making sense now.

Why cant the government make extral effort to let the people understand what they are working towards like this.

If they don't understand it, it will cost the government more money and time that will be spent on enlightenment campaigns
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

So what happens to the abandoned schools grounds while the students move to a bigger school. What happens to the little those schools have in their laboratory .

I quite understand your analogy with obamacare. Maybe I'm being overtly concerned about the longevity and sustainability of the programmes . Like you are advising, we should live now and let tomorrow take care of itself. Ok.

We have 8 Sec. Schls here, and 2 of it are currently use for High School.

The remaining 6 are now Middle Schools.

Broda, these schools are so poor that they have to buy Chemical for each Practical Class. Serzly they have nothing to work on.

Let's start afresh!!

Yeah Right.. State of Osun is going to be Changed.. Someday!!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

God bless your level of knowledge.

I quite understand everything you said but the govt has a lot to do to make the popular understand all these.

No one is against 35studenta being in class , the argument, why must be nomenclature be different from what obtainable, except your argument is osun state is the guinea pig for the project.

On the issue of hijab, I don't have any problem with it, provided no students goes to any school to forment trouble with it. If a particular school says it is not allowed because it is not in the acceptable code of dressing according to the curriculum of the min of education, such students should respect the decision of the school. No religion is above govt policy or else we will soon see traditionalist kids wearing palm fromds and cowries to school and it must be accepted to.

thanks for the reply. before any policy could be in use in any part of the world where democracy is being practised, all stakeholders in the area will surely rub minds with the govt before the final decision on the policy. all stakeholders in osun state have met with the govt it just that the CAN through the Baptist are acting other. the Parents were even allowed to contribute their quota to the policy.
on the issue of dressing, would like to know if there is anything like dressing code in the curriculum of the min of education?
i dont get what you mean by this" why must be nomeclature be diffrent...."
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie:

We have 8 Sec. Schls here, and 2 of it are currently use for High School.

The remaining 6 are now Middle Schools.

Broda, these schools are so poor that they have to buy Chemical for each Practical Class. Serzly they have nothing to work on.

Let's start afresh!!

Yeah Right.. State of Osun is going to be Changed.. Someday!!

Thanks for your explanation.

I'm not against aregbe but that some people have turned him to demi-god that we cannot question his actions should not be condoned.

He has the responsibility to explain whatever he is doing and not to be shroud in mystery.

He is a good visionary leader but not everybody should be in the bandwagon of sycophancy, lest he derails.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

You are making sense now.

Why cant the government make extral effort to let the people understand what they are working towards like this.

If they don't understand it, it will cost the government more money and time that will be spent on enlightenment campaigns

I wont lie to you, Aregbe has tried his best to enlight people about this Policy.

CAN is just confusing people about this Reform. One of my friends.. from Ibadan was asking me why Aregbe changed Christian Schl to Muslim schl. I was like, where did you hear that one again!? He said that's what people around him are saying.

See CAN is taking this too far, and confusing People. They really dont wanna understand. I think some of them have problem with Aregbe being a Muslim.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
mistudreh:
thanks for the reply. before any policy could be in use in any part of the world where democracy is being practised, all stakeholders in the area will surely rub minds with the govt before the final decision on the policy. all stakeholders in osun state have met with the govt it just that the CAN through the Baptist are acting other. the Parents were even allowed to contribute their quota to the policy.
on the issue of dressing, would like to know if there is anything like dressing code in the curriculum of the min of education?
i dont get what you mean by this" why must be nomeclature be diffrent...."

There is a dress code for all students in the school policy of the min of education and hijab is not included.

The nomenclatures I was referring to are the names of the schools - elementary middle and high schools; name of the state and name of programs but dayokanu has done justice to that.

Thanks.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie:

I wont lie to you, Aregbe has tried his best to enlight people about this Policy.

CAN is just confusing people about this Reform. One of my friends.. from Ibadan was asking me why Aregbe changed Christian Schl to Muslim schl. I was like, where did you that one again!? He said that's what people around him are saying.

See CAN is taking this too far, and confusing People. They really dont wanna understand. I think some of them have problem with Aregbe being in a Muslim.

If he has done all that and CAN is still adamant, that states two things. It is either they are not convinced or they are being stubborn unnecessarily.

He should therefore take them on in a live debate where the whole state will
Be well lectured through the well televised debate and this will clear the air over the animosity and suspicion once and for all.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by freeR1: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Valto: How can merging a Christian and Muslim schools bring the much needed improvement Two separate religion that av very different views.. Imagine sending an islamic scholar to madonna university and a pastor schooling at convenant university to a strictly muslim university. Mixing a strictly girls school with a strictly boys school, all in the name of merger! Seriously this arrangement is a time bomb!

How is mixing boys and girls a time bomb? Seriously? Like 90% of schools in Nigeria are not already mixed. Schools that want to be based on religion should be private schools. Any public school should never be based on religion because that is the real time bomb. Concentrating resources meant for 3 schools on one school (if properly managed) will result in better infrastructure and better teach package in that one school which should then have the effect of better standard of education.

Note: Political parties with clearly different ideology and goals successfully merge and try to find a middle ground, that goes for companies with different strategies and products. There is no reason why schools cannot be merged since their sole goal is to educate and prepare kids for the future. Perfect synergy! As for the religious aspect, let them all take their religion home and to places of worship!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 6:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

If he has done all that and CAN is still adamant, that states two things. It is either they are not convinced or they are being stubborn unnecessarily.

Be well lectured through the well televised debate and this will clear the air over the animosity and suspicion once and for all.

Lol.. I find the Red Part funny.. Yeah.. Maybe they are just being stubborn.

The Green Part.. 1000 Likes!! That shld work!!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
free R1:

How is mixing boys and girls a time bomb? Seriously? Like 90% of schools in Nigeria are not already mixed. Schools that want to be based on religion should be private schools. Any public school should never be based on religion because that is the real time bomb. Concentrating resources meant for 3 schools on one school (if properly managed) will result in better infrastructure and better teach package in that one school which should then have the effect of better standard of education.

Note: Political parties with clearly different ideology and goals successfully merge and try to find a middle ground, that goes for companies with different strategies and products. There is no reason why schools cannot be merged since their sole goal is to educate and prepare kids for the future. Perfect synergy! As for the religious aspect, let them all take their religion home and to places of worship!

Well Said!!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie:

Lol.. I find the Red Part funny.. Yeah.. Maybe they are just being stubborn.

The Green Part.. 1000 Likes!! That shld work!!

One love.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

yeah thats why we have him live on programmes like "OGBENI TILL DAY BREAK" and "GBANGBA D'EKUN" where the governor is always available on live broadcast to rub mind with his people.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by freeR1: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1: Please all of you shouting osun a Dara or what is the nonsense slogan or like Awo like aregbe, should just explain to us how school merging will boost education.

Is there a special transportation arrangement in place by the government to cushion the effect the distance some students will always have to convey on a daily basis?

Why are all the students wearing the same uniform like a communist state.

Why is osun state or state of osun's educational policy different from that of the federation.

How will a Muslim kid insist she will be wearing hijab in a baptist or catholic school? When she can easily seek admission to a full Muslim school. The merger has an undertone that must be explained.

Why the hurry to merge and start a policy that teachers, parents and citizens of the state does not understand.

In aregbe's quest to perform and be unique, he should also realise this is not a military regime, where he can just take a decision without explaining the nitty gritty to the people is expected to be responsible to.

Can Fashola dare all this in lagos.

This is totally irrational and without logic.

I don't want any abuses from anybody, just reply my questions objectively.

If after this warning you still decided to go through that path, bring it on.

Thanks

I will try to provide answers to your questions.

Your first question seems to be the best to me. I think this is the exact question we should ask so that we can improve government policies to better serve the people. I huge Ogbeni to look into this and make school buses available were they are not

I do not support the idea of all students wearing the same school uniform because there should be distinction. That said, it actually make economical sense for the state government if "it" is paying for it. Buying in bulk is always cheaper and smarter. I will suggest that all students should have ID cards carrying the school names to provide some uniqueness.

When has being different a crime? You have no point here

Why should their be a catholic or baptist public school? Is it a PPP? I think religion should be removed entirely from public service. For the muslim kids, we need to find a way to accommodate them. This is left to the state house of assembly, if they think this kids should wear their hijab then fine we all must allow it (Next election, kick them out).

This law was passed by the legislative arm of government. Yes it may have not been publicised enough but it is the law. (If you don't like it, kick them out in the next election or lobby your constituent rep to repeal it)

Again, it was passed and approved by both legislative and executive arm of government. It can now be tested in court to see if due process was followed. This was in anyway no decree.

This is Osun not Lagos. If you notice, their are no "tolls" in Osun.

It is rational but needs improvement and better PR. Now lets see if it will work, I really hope it does.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
free R1:

I will try to provide answers to your questions.

Your first question seems to be the best to me. I think this is the exact question we should ask so that we can improve government policies to better serve the people. I huge Ogbeni to look into this and make school buses available were they are not

I do not support the idea of all students wearing the same school uniform because there should be distinction. That said, it actually make economical sense for the state government if "it" is paying for it. Buying in bulk is always cheaper and smarter. I will suggest that all students should have ID cards carrying the school names to provide some uniqueness.

When has being different a crime? You have no point here

Why should their be a catholic or baptist public school? Is it a PPP? I think religion should be removed entirely from public service. For the muslim kids, we need to find a way to accommodate them. This is left to the state house of assembly, if they think this kids should wear their hijab then fine we all must allow it (Next election, kick them out).

This law was passed by the legislative arm of government. Yes it may have not been publicised enough but it is the law. (If you don't like it, kick them out in the next election or lobby your constituent rep to repeal it)

Again, it was passed and approved by both legislative and executive arm of government. It can now be tested in court to see if due process was followed. This was in anyway no decree.

This is Osun not Lagos. If you notice, their are no "tolls" in Osun.

It is rational but needs improvement and better PR. Now lets see if it will work, I really hope it does.

I am not interested in whatever religion a school is affiliated to but a student does not have the sole right to distrupt the peace of the school, in the name of one religion, to the detriment of the others. To an extent that fundamentalist or supposed parents and religious leaders where going to school to beat teachers. That should not be encouraged in anyway. If religion and the right of the traditionalist too must be respected, then anarchy will set in.

If it is true that the house of assembly deliberated on the mode of dressing in schools, that is fine but I hope they made provision for the right of a traditionalist ward too to be putting palm fronds or cowries on. Shikena.

The idea behind everybody being on the same school uniform is not the best. Wil the ID cards be produced for free? Why not make the distinction right away from the uniform. So a student can go to Ife and commit a crime and run back to ikirun and police will be looking for the same student in Ife.

On osun not being lagos, agreed, they ain't the same. That does not mean every policy should be taken hook line and sinker without mind probing questions to be answered. No one has a monopoly of knowledge and wisdom.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Enice(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Promhize: In the near future, with great caution will I employ individuals that went to pry/sec(public) school in that state from this year onwards, heard they want to start teaching with yoruba too. How can u even consider teaching science, literature, maths with Yoruba, all these things were built around english. Dumb kids, that's what they will produce.
you are the dumb one here. English is just a language like any other. Leaders of some countries don't speak English when communicating. Germany France, China etc. don't speak English but they have some of the best brains
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
Seriously I keep asking that question? Why teach in the local language when you can simply have a teacher for it and a particular time period!
Igbos,Hausas and Yorubas don't consider the minorities at all,fine if they decide to teach in yoruba in all the yoruba states and same with the Igbo and Hausa speaking states,what hapns to the non indigenes in that state and a state like Taraba with 77 languages!! Pls which of the Languages should be taught with?
Besides those three major languages have dialects,I have 2 friends,one from Ekiti and the other ondo.sometimes the one from ondo says certain things and when I ask the one from Ekiti to interprete,she says 'I don't understand cuz she used her dialect'
Samething in Igbo land,Ebonyi have a strong dialect that other Igbos don't understand and most times I don't understand the Imo dialect even the so called central igbo is very difficult to understand.
I am one of those who believe our languages should not go into extinction and dislike it when pple tell me they can't speak their language but all the same let's do what is right,teach in English and make the local languages subjects!

Promhize: In the near future, with great caution will I employ individuals that went to pry/sec(public) school in that state from this year onwards, heard they want to start teaching with yoruba too. How can u even consider teaching science, literature, maths with Yoruba, all these things were built around english. Dumb kids, that's what they will produce.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
No you are the dumb one here cuz the person you quoted never said English was the only world Language.just the way English is a medium of Communication to us,that is the same way Arabic and some languages are to some countries,mind you many countries have their local Languages and dialects
If Nigeria was colonized by the french definitely french would have been our medium of communication and not our local languages!
Pls how are those children going to communicate with others from other states and countries if all he knows is yoruba or Igbo or Hausa?

E nice: you are the dumb one here. English is just a language like any other. Leaders of some countries don't speak English when communicating. Germany France, China etc. don't speak English but they have some of the best brains
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
shocked the same sk that ffk takes?
Wahala dey grin grin

perez019: Now I can boldly say that Gov Aregbesola is high on SK..so Merging a male secondary school with a female secondary school will improve d standard of education in osun state abi?

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by meforyou1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
If he merges 2 conventional schools or 2 faith-based schools of the same religion, it will be ok or manageable. But merging a muslim school with a christain school will turn osun to agfanistan or somalia soon. Knowin our intolerant muslim brothers very well, they will insist the principal will be a muslim. They will build a mosque near d church. And one day they will kill a female teacher and burn down the school claiming she desecrated the quran like they did in bauchi
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
E nice: you are the dumb one here. English is just a language like any other. Leaders of some countries don't speak English when communicating. Germany France, China etc. don't speak English but they have some of the best brains

Show me a scientist that can't speak english. You know for how long this countries civilization has existed? You mentioned France, what is the official language of france, french. What is Nigeria's official language, is it Yoruba?

I'm not saying we shouldn't encourage our language, but which is better (100+56/59)รท1.2354*32% of 23569 in english or Yoruba? Even the teachers will get headaches!
If they use Yoruba, such kids will still have to switch to english later in the future whether they like or not, and it will become very difficult for these kids.

If you teach a child with Yoruba in pry/sec school and he/she gets to the university, you think such students would find it easy - they will fail woefully.

You mentioned those countries, do you think anybody outside Nigeria really recognises Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. How do such students get materials online? Does wikipedia or other online resources recognise yoruba? Do you think just teaching english as a subject is enough for a student to grasp it properly, NO! I had classmates in second school, who couldn't complete sentences in English.

Why don't you go to an interview and start explaining yourself in Yoruba or go an official business meeting and address the attendants in Yoruba.

French, German, Chinese have gone through years, decades of fine-tuning in learning but its still not perfect, we should be happy that we have english as our Official language. The germans, chinese, russian and even some "frenchs" still try as much as possible to learn English.

One last simple question, what is gas in yoruba? That is a very simple term!
And how does merging schools improve a students performance?
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
see as waitin u talk dey sensless mtchewwwww
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Haywhymido(m): 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
if they can produce kids as dumb as d chinese ones i'd b happy. Idiot.Tell me when did lit.,science n odas u said were built around china local lang. Dis chinese kids r dumb yet dey produce d gadget u use in ur daily useless life. Dumb a.s.s. common toy tyre u can't produce
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by basilo101: 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
stillme: One of the problems of nigerians is impatience. I see nothing wrong with giving something a trial. We should not condemn the new system yet,let us wait for the result this merger. The Governor's intention is for the good of the students not bad. He should be commended for that brave step.
will u say d same tin if it was GEJ dat did dis? Clueless, Jonathan etc na im 4 de flow frm ur mouth
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by perez019(m): 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
mistudreh:
is there any higher institution with single sex only?
so why you complaining about him mixing the schools so far the male students will still study with the female in higher institutions. wise up bro

FYI, gender oriented schools were. Set up to achievea certain goal, therefore such schools. Cannot b merged together suddenly.. For example baptist girls second school was merged with a male schoolfrom God knows Where
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Haywhymido: if they can produce kids as dumb as d chinese ones i'd b happy. Idiot.Tell me when did lit.,science n odas u said were built around china local lang. Dis chinese kids r dumb yet dey produce d gadget u use in ur daily useless life. Dumb a.s.s. common toy tyre u can't produce

Read my previous post, but let me add this, what is our official language, is it Yoruba?
Why do you think the world recognizes chinese language, because they are over 1billion. What is the population of Yoruba speakers? How many learning resources are in Yoruba. Online there's nothing, but there are chinese translations and who told you that Chinese expatriates can't speak english, if you may know most of them endeavour to learn english because whether you agree or not, it gives them an edge (a huge one) over those who can't speak english.

A large number of Chinese speak english fluently - for those that are educated.

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by holuwashezy(m): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Brimmie:

I dont get.. He should buy the Buses first before constructing Roads?!

Or he should Construct Roads and leave the Schools to their own fate!?

Same way y'all saying he shld Construct some roads before starting anoda when he can Construct all ones.. and finish it up once!!

You Guys shld stop forcing yourselves to Hate a Performer like Aregbe.

Osun A Dara Ooo
what diference does merging schools makes?
does it improve learning?
after merging those schools what is he going to do to the remaining schools, sell them or leave them?
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Haliucissie: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Some pple will just open diar mouth nd dumb skull 2 say rubbish d cristaine sch dey merge ar dey built by cristiane, is it not d state gov dat buit all d schs.I don't knw y pple just talk without tinking.God bless d state of osun ng God bless aregbe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School Result For 2015 April/May Batch Is Out / Jamb Result 2017 | Check Jamb Result Without Scratch Card @ Www.jamb.org.ng / Student Faints, Policeman Injured As MAPOLY Students Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.