Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker (8025 Views)

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React / Primary And Secondary Schools To Now Resume Sept 22 / The Fallen Standard Of Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
Stephanie 2020: @ Lilimax...abeg help mi ask dem because i wonda hw emergin of skuls wil improv d standard of education...instead of improvin it wil bring it so low because d students wil b much n d environment wil b unconducive 4 learnin..Osun state govonor nids som dose of gud advise

Your Engrish is one of the Reasons why we need Education Reform.

FYI, the new schools are to have 30 Students in a Class!! Now compare that with the previous 50plus students in a rickety class!!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by alotofgrace(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
brb
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by LajaLaba: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
lakad4u: I am pleasing to say I am part of the students that enjoying the educations reformed...I am saying this because our governors is trying for osun state..osun adara oooooooo

3 pa pa for our governor.....
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax: How will merging of schools improve the standard of education
don't mind them, bias government with dumb brain.....
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
DONMAYOR19: don't mind them, bias government with dumb brain.....

SMH! Bias Government!? How!?
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
perez019: Now I can boldly say that Gov Aregbesola is high on SK..so Merging a male secondary school with a female secondary school will improve d standard of education in osun state abi?
is there any higher institution with single sex only?
so why you complaining about him mixing the schools so far the male students will still study with the female in higher institutions. wise up bro
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Please all of you shouting osun a Dara or what is the nonsense slogan or like Awo like aregbe, should just explain to us how school merging will boost education.

Is there a special transportation arrangement in place by the government to cushion the effect the distance some students will always have to convey on a daily basis?

Why are all the students wearing the same uniform like a communist state.

Why is osun state or state of osun's educational policy different from that of the federation.

How will a Muslim kid insist she will be wearing hijab in a baptist or catholic school? When she can easily seek admission to a full Muslim school. The merger has an undertone that must be explained.

Why the hurry to merge and start a policy that teachers, parents and citizens of the state does not understand.

In aregbe's quest to perform and be unique, he should also realise this is not a military regime, where he can just take a decision without explaining the nitty gritty to the people is expected to be responsible to.

Can Fashola dare all this in lagos.

This is totally irrational and without logic.

I don't want any abuses from anybody, just reply my questions objectively.

If after this warning you still decided to go through that path, bring it on.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by omusiliyu(m): 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ogbeni Aregbe is tryin to hurt 2nd term in office by this margin of schools, is not makin any sense to me. I will advice him and his cabinents to think twice, as a Governor and leader he needs to listen to the complain of his people. So sad for mergin Fakunle with Osogbo grammer school
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by nerodenero: 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Valto: How can merging a Christian and Muslim schools bring the much needed improvement Two separate religion that av very different views.. Imagine sending an islamic scholar to madonna university and a pastor schooling at convenant university to a strictly muslim university, all in the name of merger! Seriously this arrangement is a time bomb!
Exactly my thoughts too and the bomb will explode sooner than expected
stillme: One of the problems of nigerians is impatience. I see nothing wrong with giving something a trial. We should not condemn the new system yet,let us wait for the result this merger. The Governor's intention is for the good of the students not bad. He should be commended for that brave step.
It is indeed to an extent a laudable decision but it wont work because we dont tolerate ourselves.There is serious hatred between christians and muslims even in yorubaland as it is in the north.These are two parallel lines,they cant meet.

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie:

You expect him to just bring-in some Coaster Bus with no good roads!? Let Aregbe finish with Road Constructions first.

Aregbe nor dey rush abeg!!

So, why put the cart before the horse?

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
perez019: Now I can boldly say that Gov Aregbesola is high on SK..so Merging a male secondary school with a female secondary school will improve d standard of education in osun state abi?
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
is there any higher institution with single sex only?
so why you complaining about him mixing the schools so far the male students will still study with the female in higher institutions. wise up bro!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by xtophy(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
princemolak: Like this post if you hate Aregbe's Educational Reform
i even disLIKE u......-1 person
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1: Please all of you shouting osun a Dara or what is the nonsense slogan or like Awo like aregbe, should just explain to us how school merging will boost education.

Is there a special transportation arrangement in place by the government to cushion the effect the distance some students will always have to convey on a daily basis?

Why is osun state or state of osun's educational policy different from that of the federation.

How will a Muslim kid insist she will be wearing hijab in a baptist or catholic school? When she can't easily seek admission to a full Muslim school. The merger has an undertone that must be explained.

Why the hurry to merge and start a policy that teachers, parents and citizens of the state does not understand.

In aregbe's quest to perform and be unique, he should also realise this is not a military regime when he can just take a decision without explaining the nitty gritty to the people is expected to be responsible to.

Thanks

Cool down and stop Foaming!!

Transportation!? How do you expect him to provide School Bus with the bad roads!? Let him finish up with the Road Constructions first.

I dont know the reason behind the Uniform. But have been to Ghana, and the Government Schools wear the same Uniform.

It's not different. It's just the classification. The Syllabus is still thesame. High School is like Pre-University. So am sure he's tryna focus more on Senior Students. Have you seen the Model?

My Mum is the Headmistress of a Baptist School, and she wears Hijab. Most of the Students in Osun Government Schools are Muslims.. Be it Christian or Muslim School.

It's only a M'oron like you that finds it difficult to understand the Policy

Oh.. He didnt inform the Citizenry before embarking on this policy?? Oh c'mon Papi!!

If the Policy works which am sure it's gonna be successful, then trust me.. not ONLY Fashola, other Visionary Leaders will follow the Policy.

And one Last Thing, Religion is not an issue to we Omoluabis!! So pls.. Put Religion aside, and be constructive in your criticism.

Osun A Dara Ooo!!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
All these O-dis or O-dat programmes has laudable as they are, how sustainable are they with such names attached to them. If per adventure, another party eg LP wins osun State, they will change the names of all the programmes. Won't that lead to govt policy somersault. Why can't he just give he programmes a universal name that can stand the test of times. We should stop all these psychophancy politics.

Coming to the name state of osun, if another party enters, (I pray it not to be so for now) won't they revert the name back to osun state. That will amount to waste of public funds on letter heads, names on cars, signposts.

All these plastic reforms of names are not just sustainable.

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by SORTER: 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
ODE NI E......WETIN YOU FATHER DON DO FOR HIM MISERABLE LIFE?
princemolak: Like this post if you hate Aregbe's Educational Reform
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

So, why put the cart before the horse?

I dont get.. He should buy the Buses first before constructing Roads?!

Or he should Construct Roads and leave the Schools to their own fate!?

Same way y'all saying he shld Construct some roads before starting anoda when he can Construct all ones.. and finish it up once!!

You Guys shld stop forcing yourselves to Hate a Performer like Aregbe.

Osun A Dara Ooo
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
[s]
superstar1: All these O-dis or O-dat programmes has laudable as they are, how sustainable are they with such names attached to them. If per adventure, another party eg LP wins osun State, they will change the names of all the programmes. Won't that lead to govt policy somersault. Why can't he just give he programmes a universal name that can stand the test of times. We should stop all these psychophancy politics.

Coming to the name state of osun, if another party enters, (I pray it not to be so for now) won't they revert the name back to osun state. That will amount to waste of public funds on letter heads, names on cars, signposts.

All these plastic reforms of names are not just sustainable.
[/s]

Your previous post sounds Logical, but this is Pure Trash!!

O Stands For Osun!! Instead of using the stupid "Oyin Ni O" Syndrome on all Osun States Projects, he introduced the "O-Stuffs".

Abi na Oyinlola Papa get Osun Money!? Wey him go con dey put Oyin Ni O everywhere, even on top Toilets!?

O-Fool! grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by kolima1067(m): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
lakad4u: I am pleasing to say I am part of the students that enjoying the educations reformed...I am say this because our governors is trying for osun state..osun adara oooooooo

3 pa pa for our governors.....
so the effect is manifesting so soon.no wonder they want to start teaching u guys with yoruba.ur english is very poor.

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie:

Cool down and stop Foaming!!

Transportation!? How do you expect him to provide School Bus with the bad roads!? Let him finish up with the Road Constructions first.

I dont know the reason behind the Uniform. But have been to Ghana, and the Government Schools wear the same Uniform.

It's not different. It's just the classification. The Syllabus is still thesame. High School is like Pre-University. So am sure he's tryna focus more on Senior Students. Have you seen the Model?

My Mum is the Headmistress of a Baptist School, and she wears Hijab. Most of the Students in Osun Government Schools are Muslims.. Be it Christian or Muslim School.

It's only a M'oron like you that finds it difficult to understand the Policy

Oh.. He didnt inform the Citizenry before embarking on this policy?? Oh c'mon Papi!!

If the Policy works which am sure it's gonna be successful, then trust me.. not ONLY Fashola, other Visionary Leaders will follow the Policy.

And one Last Thing, Religion is not an issue to we Omoluabis!! So pls.. Put Religion aside, and be constructive in your criticism.

Osun A Dara Ooo!!

I was waiting for a confirmed idi0t like you to reply.

Oga, you are not talking to village square people here, uniforms are different. So don't spew nonsense here.

The roads are bad and therefore transportation cannot be provided but students should be trekking 10kms to school. Can you see how daft you are?

Is there a dress code in the govt policy for your mummy that is a teacher in a Government school or is hijab stated in the govt's School curriculum. Why can't a Muslim kid just apply to her Muslim school where her hijab and priesthood dressed will be allowed and let the so called xtian schools die natural death if it is true that it is only Muslim students that are in governments schools.

You are very funny. The policy is not different. It is clearly confusing and derailing. Whatever reform that was intended can be done within the ambit of 6334 that everybody understands.

Religion has never been a problem to us in Yorubaland but we all saw how order nearly broke down at Iwo. A responsible govwment should be preventive and not curative. I cannot take anything away from aregbe's milestones and I give it to him.

But save your idi0cy and your pathetic psychophancy by not having the guy to ask question.

My question remains , explain how school merging will improve education.

2 Likes

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by tete7000(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
stillme: One of the problems of nigerians is impatience. I see nothing wrong with giving something a trial. We should not condemn the new system yet,let us wait for the result this merger. The Governor's intention is for the good of the students not bad. He should be commended for that brave step.
And what did he do that any dumb can't do? Merge schools? What makes the move special? Kindly lecture me.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by mistudreh(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1: Please all of you shouting osun a Dara or what is the nonsense slogan or like Awo like aregbe, should just explain to us how school merging will boost education.

How will a Muslim kid insist she will be wearing hijab in a baptist or catholic school? When she can easily seek admission to a full Muslim school. The merger has an undertone that must be explained.

In aregbe's quest to perform and be unique, he should also realise this is not a military regime, where he can just take a decision without explaining the nitty gritty to the people is expected to be responsible to.

Thanks
wish i were with you to let you have better understanding of the educational reform.
firstly, the schools been claimed by the churches are being funded by the tax payers' money, government has taken over these schools long ago.
about the transportation, schools being merged are the ones in the urban cities and the schools merged are in the same routes of the former ones the students were before. am sure by next year he will definitely get them school buses to ease their transport also.
putting on same uniform is just a symbol of being equal
putting on hijab doesn't stop the teachers from teaching. but i think the sisters in the catholic do use what looks like hijab not sure.
mind you, the education policy in use is the one recommended by the UNESCO whereby the maximum number of students per class should be 35 and Aregbe is starting with 40 now!
thanks.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie: [s][/s]

Your previous post sounds Logical, but this is Pure Trash!!

O Stands For Osun!! Instead of using the stupid "Oyin Ni O" Syndrome on all Osun States Projects, he introduced the "O-Stuffs".

Abi na Oyinlola Papa get Osun Money!? Wey him go con dey put Oyin Ni O everywhere, even on top Toilets!?

O-Fool! grin grin
You are definitely reasoning with it our brain upside down o-mor0n.

The world knows that the o stands for osun but won't another party attach to APC and change all the names again or cancel the programs out rightly.

wont that result in a waste of scarce public funds and policy somersault.

Has laudable and successful as the programmes are, the sustainability is what you hollow heads sycophants should be thinking of and not keeping your meal ticket for now because you are shouting o-dis or o-dat

1 Like

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
Whats the big deal?

Most secondary schools in Nigeria mix both sexes anyway so its insane to criticise mixing Girls and boys.

Uniforms, Dont students normally wear uniform

And as per religion, The schools before Aregbesola came to power were run by govt, Govt took over all schools over 30yrs ago. The govt pays their salary so whats still religious about the school and our culture permits religious tolerance

Moslem students can pray to their God and same with Xtian students
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:
You are definitely reasoning with it our brain upside down o-mor0n.

The world knows that the o stands for osun but won't another party attach to APC and change all the names again or cancel the programs out rightly.

wont that result in a waste of scarce public funds and policy somersault.

Has laudable and successful as the programmes are, the sustainability is what you hollow heads sycophants should be thinking of and not keeping your meal ticket for now because you are shouting o-dis or o-dat

So the problem you have is the name and not the program, Then thats a small problem you can decide to call it anything you like

And which of the programs is not sustainable according to you or which of the program is not designed with the interest of the people at mind
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
mistudreh:
wish i were with you to let you have better understanding of the educational reform.
firstly, the schools been claimed by the churches are being funded by the tax payers' money, government has taken over these schools long ago.
about the transportation, schools being merged are the ones in the urban cities and the schools merged are in the same routes of the former ones the students were before. am sure by next year he will definitely get them school buses to ease their transport also.
putting on same uniform is just a symbol of being equal
putting on hijab doesn't stop the teachers from teaching. but i think the sisters in the catholic do use what looks like hijab not sure.
mind you, the education policy in use is the one recommended by the UNESCO whereby the maximum number of students per class should be 35 and Aregbe is starting with 40 now!
thanks.

God bless your level of knowledge.

I quite understand everything you said but the govt has a lot to do to make the popular understand all these.

No one is against 35studenta being in class , the argument, why must be nomenclature be different from what obtainable, except your argument is osun state is the guinea pig for the project.

On the issue of hijab, I don't have any problem with it, provided no students goes to any school to forment trouble with it. If a particular school says it is not allowed because it is not in the acceptable code of dressing according to the curriculum of the min of education, such students should respect the decision of the school. No religion is above govt policy or else we will soon see traditionalist kids wearing palm fromds and cowries to school and it must be accepted to.
dayokanu: Whats the big deal?

Most secondary schools in Nigeria mix both sexes anyway so its insane to criticise mixing Girls and boys.

And as per religion, The schools before Aregbesola came to power were run by govt, Govt took over all schools over 30yrs ago. The govt pays their salary so whats still religious about the school and our culture permits religious tolerance

Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

I was waiting for a confirmed idi0t like you to reply.

Oga, you are not talking to village square people here, uniforms are different. So don't spew nonsense here.

The roads are bad and therefore transportation cannot be provided but students should be trekking 10kms to school. Can you see how daft you are?

Is there a dress code for you mummy teacher in he Government's school curriculum or is hijab stated in the govt's School curriculum. Why can't a Muslim kid just apply to her Muslim school where her hijab and priesthood dressed will be allowed and let the so called xtian schools die natural death if it is true that it is only Muslim students that are in governments schools.

You are very funny. The policy is not different. It is clearly confusing and derailing. Whatever reform that was intended can be done within the ambit of 6334 that everybody understands.

Religion has never been a problem to us in Yorubaland but we all saw how order nearly broke down at Iwo. A responsible govwment should be preventive and not curative. I cannot take anything away from aregbe's milestones and I give it to him.

But save your idi0cy and your pathetic psychophancy by not having the guy to ask question.

My question remains , explain how school merging will improve education.

Let me just do as-if i didnt see your Insults.

Do you know how Costly it is to have a Standard Laboratory!?

What is Osun State Monthly Allocation!?

Now.. Usin Irewole LG as case study.. We have 8 Government Schools (Secondary Schools), Tell me hw all these Schools can have Standard Laboratory with the little money in Osun State Treasury!?

Oh God!! So Christians shld attend Christian Schools!? And Muslim shld also do their thing their way!? God! Hw d'ya want the Kids to relate after Education!?

It's people like you that will come to NL and Start foaming on hw a Company deny you a Job, just because the Boss is Muslim and you're a Christian.

If ONLY you could put Religion aside!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

So the problem you have is the name and not the program, Then thats a small problem you can decide to call it anything you like

And which of the programs is not sustainable according to you or which of the program is not designed with the interest of the people at mind

The programs are sustainable on their own but on the basis of their nomenclature, another party will cancel it. You kno how these things are.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2013

Am Glad You Are Here!!

dayokanu:

Help me ask him!! They didnt see how Oyinlola painted everywhere with his "Oyin Ni O" Trash!! Now someone is using the State' name as it shld be, and they're still complaining.

Serzly.. Nigerians matter tire me!
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1: God bless your level of knowledge.
I quite understand everything you said but the govt has a lot to do to make the popular understand all these.
No one is against 35studenta being in class , the argument, why must be nomenclature be different from what obtainable, except your argument is osun state is the guinea pig for the project.

On the issue of hijab, I don't have any problem with it, provided no students goes to any school to forment trouble with it. If a particular school says it is not allowed because it is not in the acceptable code of dressing according to the curriculum of the min of education, such students should respect the decision of the school. No religion is above govt policy or else we will soon see traditionalist kids wearing palm fromds and cowries to school and it must be accepted to.

The schools are all owned by the Government and govt decision takes precedence. Govt pays the teachers salaries, Govt maintain the infrastructure

The Ministry of Education is under the govt and every Public school needs to follow the direction of the Ministry.

What nomenclature is different and how does the different nomenclature affect the workings of it

Calling the tablet Opon Imon does it change the functionality?
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by Brimmie(m): 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
superstar1:

The programs are sustainable on their own but on the basis of their nomenclature, another party will cancel it. You kno how these things are.

Another Progressive Party CANT cancel it! None of the programmes has Aregbe or ACN/APC name on it!!

Let me derail a lil bit.. Mimiko of Ondo State is using LP Color as the state's Official Color.. Imagine!!

Aregbe designed the State' Seal with no symbol of his Party! This Guy is simply different.
Re: We Merged Osun Schools To Improve Standard Of Education - Speaker by superstar1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
Brimmie:

Let me just do as-if i didnt see your Insults.

Do you know how Costly it is to have a Standard Laboratory!?

What is Osun State Monthly Allocation!?

Now.. Usin Irewole LG as case study.. We have 8 Government Schools (Secondary Schools), Tell me hw all these Schools can have Standard Laboratory with the little money in Osun State Treasury!?

Oh God!! So Christians shld attend Christian Schools!? And Muslim shld also do their thing their way!? God! Hw d'ya want the Kids to relate after Education!?

It's people like you that will come to NL and Start foaming on hw a Company deny you a Job, just because the Boss is Muslim and you're a Christian.

If ONLY you could put Religion aside!

You started the insults and I will not condone that after the initial advise. Back to our discussion.

I am not a religious bigot and you know it that in Yorubaland, there is virtually no family without Muslim or Christian members.

My argument is, once school ethics will be adhered to without throwing the state into
Religious turmoil. Fine. But a student lording it over the school because of her faith is totally appalling and should not be encouraged because you are sending a wrong message into he psyche of the kids.

I understand your explanation on school laboratory. For such a town that you described, why can't the government just provide a centralist laboratory and library for such a town and the rest. Rather than confusion playing out.

O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School Result For 2015 April/May Batch Is Out / Jamb Result 2017 | Check Jamb Result Without Scratch Card @ Www.jamb.org.ng / Student Faints, Policeman Injured As MAPOLY Students Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.