Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34085 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Lolz so dis is ma level design(sucks I knw) buh I tink we shuld all geht it - so goatie is in turbo mode dahs him yea d 1 dah luks lyk a roach !! So here is d escape plan he kips running avoiding the stones and the pursuers (we culd let him use is horns to injure pursuers near by then see does tins I named crates?! And that slow motion stuff I talked about wen d player gehts cls 2 d crates den sumfin matrix style apens everitin slws down mr goatie jumps 2 d 1st crate second and Over daht fence yea gbam mr goatie is gone 1st level done#cheers!?( The jumping stuff culd be qte though(quick time events!)

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
@jjk, are u the kulest or wat? great job pls put it in graphics so that it will look better... and pls retake dat pic in high light condition cus only see buildings

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
Preboy: @jjk, are u the kulest or wat? great job pls put it in graphics so that it will look better... and pls retake dat pic in high light condition cus only see buildings
fnks boss!- I tink that graphics stuff will do - dnt knw hw to go about that though cry mayb with gimp or photoshop?! Nt good in those boss dueal and co culd hlp # enemie types in 1st level 1-stone throwers 2-pursuers -3 obstacles .... ... We culd add 2 d level design 2 mak it lnger though
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
jjk24: Lolz so dis is ma level design(sucks I knw) buh I tink we shuld all geht it - so goatie is in turbo mode dahs him yea d 1 dah luks lyk a roach !! So here is d escape plan he kips running avoiding the stones and the pursuers (we culd let him use is horns to injure pursuers near by then see does tins I named crates?! And that slow motion stuff I talked about wen d player gehts cls 2 d crates den sumfin matrix style apens everitin slws down mr goatie jumps 2 d 1st crate second and Over daht fence yea gbam mr goatie is gone 1st level done#cheers!?( The jumping stuff culd be qte though(quick time events!)
Nice. Should he be on 4 legs or 2 legs when running away?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Jivi:
I tink 4 will be gud wnt want dem humans 2 go crazy yet hun!!...buh eni 1 is cul though boss !!
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
outline of stages
* escape of goaty [ goaty escapes, releases other animal and starts the war]
* ammo needed [ goaty infiltrate military base for weapons and ammos ]
* mountain revolt [ goaty conquers the mountain region and makes it the head quarter
.... he also conquers other regions lyk water, ice etc. these are also levels
* muu's mission [ goaty is captured, muu has to rescue him which he does and gets killed during the process ]
* goaty's escape [ goaty escapes base * temple run in military base* which muu gets killed ]
* goaty's revenge [ goaty infiltrate base and rescues muu's body ]
* sad news [ goaty heard that his wife was captured and he goes to military base and kills soldiers only to find out dat general musa has her at HQ ]
* final showdown [ goaty and friends attack HQ which is well fortified and waiting for them. goaty kills general musa and rescues his wife which also ends the war...,
feel free to delete or add a level

3 Likes

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
Jivi:
it should be 2 na, making it innovative (that wat we are after), cus if there is no innovation it would be like any oda game
#just a suggestion
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
just noticed blender has an inbuilt game engine. It has been used to create dozens of games like this one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=InxuapWWY7A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DInxuapWWY7A Who knows how to use it?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
During interactions with fellow goats,two legs are gonna be good but during his mission runs,the 4's are his boost. I really would like us to incorporate some hide and seek concept into his temple run like runs. Like he can run into some stacks of rubbish on his way and he hides for like some seconds to regain back his strength where there would be some cassava peels and water . He might open some doors on his way so as to camouflage his route. Also my question is would there be other goats in this setting?

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
Preboy: outline of stages
* mountain revolt [ goaty conquers the mountain region and makes it the head quarter
* muu's mission [ goaty is captured, muu has to rescue him which he does and gets killed during the process ]
* goaty's escape [ goaty escapes base * temple run in military base* which muu gets killed ]
* sad news [ goaty heard that his wife was captured and he goes to military base and kills soldiers only to find out dat general musa has her at HQ ]

* final showdown [ goaty and friends attack HQ which is well fortified and waiting for them. goaty kills general musa and rescues his wife which also ends the war...,
During level two,we can show of preface of how the goat liased with trained military dogs who are set to rebel against their abuse from commanding officers. So they enter an agreement and together,Mr Bingo the Dog's welfare manager helps the goats to free up ammunitions from their hoods. In turn they are liberated and dispersed
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
Peterjosh:
During level two,we can show of preface of how the goat liased with trained military dogs who are set to rebel against their abuse from commanding officers. So they enter an agreement and together,Mr Bingo the Dog's welfare manager helps the goats to free up ammunitions from their hoods. In turn they are liberated and dispersed
grt addition.... jst wish I could design bt I suck at designing *sad*
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Peterjosh: During interactions with fellow goats,two legs are gonna be good but during his mission runs,the 4's are his boost. I really would like us to incorporate some hide and seek concept into his temple run like runs. Like he can run into some stacks of rubbish on his way and he hides for like some seconds to regain back his strength where there would be some cassava peels and water . He might open some doors on his way so as to camouflage his route. Also my question is would there be other goats in this setting?
yea dahs wah I also tot@ d 4 legs part!!- and d oda question abot dere bein oda goats!! D game is basically based arnd goats!- or u mean in d 1st mission dey might be hanging arnd buh I dnt tink dey will take part in enifin in dis 1st mission!!- mehn aa love d cassava water tin u said and d hidding stuff - I tink stealth will play a big role in dis game -- buh don't u tink dis will slw dwn d pace in dis 1st mission?!
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 12:06am On Nov 05, 2013
jjk24: yea dahs wah I also tot@ d 4 legs part!!- and d oda question abot dere bein oda goats!! D game is basically based arnd goats!- or u mean in d 1st mission dey might be hanging arnd buh I dnt tink dey will take part in enifin in dis 1st mission!!- mehn aa love d cassava water tin u said and d hidding stuff - I tink stealth will play a big role in dis game -- buh don't u tink dis will slw dwn d pace in dis 1st mission?!
We should add the cassava stuff as health package for the entire game. Also, we could put it around in the first mission to reboost goatie's health after some stoning damage along the escape path
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 05, 2013
@jjk24,I really don't want the first phase to be love another run game in the making. Some little wisdom on the part of Mr Goatie in his run can make the game more special and quite different
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:01am On Nov 05, 2013
Peterjosh: @jjk24,I really don't want the first phase to be love another run game in the making. Some little wisdom on the part of Mr Goatie in his run can make the game more special and quite different
We already know that goatie has to escape. The question now is. How is he going to escape. Is he going to be running or fighting or both? A better Idea is always welcome.
Worst case scenario, we skip all these phases as cutscenes as @dueal suggested earlier if I am not mistaking and go straight into the gun battle and establish a no-nonsense character for goatie as against a running away - ish character.
However, I still think we are on the right path by starting with the escape. We can still improve on it to make it very different from another running game like you said @Peterjosh
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 6:43am On Nov 05, 2013
Ok we all knw dah mr goatie as to run so he will run!! Buh ppl dnt tink daht much wen tryin 2 escape dey jst try 2 find a way out nt find cassava leaves --- buh nw aa see a way all this culd com 2geda instead of mr goatie jst runnin and escaping he runs find a plc 2 hide (we gonna nid a bigger level design ). He eats d cassava peal alng the way 2 regain his health meaning mr goatie won't jst run and escape its a run hide sneak kindda tin . !!enifin dah works

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2013
Let me jst tryin mak dis point pls guys!! A games 1st mission doesn't have to shw the games core mechanic most devs use dis jst as an introduction 2 d games theme and type and @ waht jivi said and duel since u guys wanna skip the running part dahs y I will suggest we jst use the short 1st mission jst to geht the players engaged!!.I tink all the sneaking and cassava peals shuld be in the mission 2 where mr goatie goes back to rescue all the other animals dahs where we introduce the main game mechanics !! Wah u tink?! The 1st run mission shudnt take more dan 10 mins (its nt rili a mission d 1st main mission is mr goatie freeing the oda animals) buh enifin u guys decide still works# this game is gonna be a bomb

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 6:52am On Nov 05, 2013
And also the mission bein short and nt over powered will let us knw where we r and waht we r capable of as a group jst a testing stage!!. #cheers
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2013
@all...if training d player on d basic mechanics of d game is wat d run/escape mission is about then its not necessary...everyone knws how to move a controller left and right....we r not trying to write a story biok but make a fun game. unless we can make d run/escape mission packed wit toony jokes which will change d style of d game in general, i dnt think dis mission will b necessary

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 8:30am On Nov 05, 2013
dueal: @all...if training d player on d basic mechanics of d game is wat d run/escape mission is about then its not necessary...everyone knws how to move a controller left and right....we r not trying to write a story biok but make a fun game. unless we can make d run/escape mission packed wit toony jokes which will change d style of d game in general, i dnt think dis mission will b necessary
that's nt the point. Buh a guess we nt doin daht den #onto the next one #cheers
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2013
was feeling d escape mission idea at a point...but since we cnt decide on if its an all running or a run , hide, and everything inbetween i feel it should just b a cutscene....
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2013
In my opinion we can catch our players with an intriguing first scene.... That's my thought though. Pls u guys should move on with some other concepts
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
If we are going to skip, where do we skip to.
I suggest we skip to
the goats have acquired some weapons and were about to leave when Gwon Gwon got killed and they had to retrieve Gwon Gwon's body. Immediate battle against AI opponents through a barrack level.
Preboy: outline of stages
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
all in favour of starting at d barracks mission?

will work on very stylized art for d characters so no one feels bad wen an animal shoots a human
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Yea yea barracks it is den!! So goatie escapes !! Goes back 2 d barracks 2 rescue odas?! E doesn't have weapons does he!?- or r we skipping the it 2 where dey alredi hav ammunition!!-
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
jjk24: Yea yea barracks it is den!! So goatie escapes !! Goes back 2 d barracks 2 rescue odas?! E doesn't have weapons does he!?- or r we skipping the it 2 where dey alredi hav ammunition!!-

He already has weapons.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
And so the cut scene. Aint we gonna work on that!! Nw!?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
well, we could do the cutscenes as a story board with a narrator's voice telling dat part. The idea is to cut down as much work as possible yet still creating something good
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Lets focus on the interactive parts for now.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
That brings us back to level design - barracks
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
@dueal, jjk24.
do we start modelling Nigerian buildings randomly or are there buildings specific to barracks?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Jivi: @dueal, jjk24.
do we start modelling Nigerian buildings randomly or are there buildings specific to barracks?
lolz all naija buildings luk d same 2 me gritty and old buh since we in a barrack here I tink we jst gnna giv daht more detail jst 2 geht mak it have daht barracks luks !! Buh barracks r basically lyk school hostels !! We jst gnna add d naija flag and military stuff 2 d environment nt d building it sef so no!! I dnt tink we gnna build a military building specially!!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Microcontrollers / What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.