Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34076 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
How do u guys draw stuff in 2d sef...I've seen modeling n sculpting in 3D but I don't get Hw u guys manage to draw accurately in 2D....Na wit mouse?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by gameaddict(m): 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
I'm hoping this attempt gets better results than the other ones, but I'm yet to see any animation or 3d model yet. This is very crucial and might very well define the outcome of your project. Anyways, here's my gift to you guys:

[size=18pt]Animating the "Run"-Cycle of a Snake Warrior[/size]

link: http://www.moddb.com/games/runic-rampage/tutorials/animating-the-run-cycle-of-a-snake-warrior

note: not my site, article or model. But I think it'll help you guys. If you need more, give me info on what you need and I'll try to find it.

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
Keep it busy guyz....its not even a month..chuckles

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Q

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
What r u creatin @ dueal !!? What's wrng guys its to silent here what's next where. Is jivi !! Wake up na
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hi progressive minds,i would have loved to contribute to dis aspect of the game project. But i dont have the skills to do so. Pls keep on pushing on in ur efforts and lets make it altogether
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 5:37am On Oct 31, 2013
@jjk24 i worked on a pc game engine bck in 2009 and just added sqlite support sometime this year...everything else u can think off exists already...but hvnt had the time to dev a game with it until now.

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 5:38am On Oct 31, 2013
Model

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 5:40am On Oct 31, 2013
A

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 5:41am On Oct 31, 2013
Concept art

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2013
@dueal.
great artworks
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2013
CODE-EATER:
How do u guys draw stuff in 2d sef...I've seen modeling n sculpting in 3D but I don't get Hw u guys manage to draw accurately in 2D....Na wit mouse?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 7:35am On Oct 31, 2013
Lets construct the first mission and visualize what the environment should look like based on the game play elements.
My first thought was Mr Goatie's Escape.
Cut Scene.
On Xmas eve, Mr Okoro came to buy a goat for Xmas celebration. Unfortunately, Goatie was chosen and immediately he got untied, he escaped. And the first mission is therefore Goatie running away from the humans. It will be temple run-nish but with extra stuffs like the humans throwing stones at him and goatie throwing stones at obstacles or avoiding them and any better ideas anyone has.

I will compile a list of those who have expressed their interest in working on this project along with their corresponding skillset. So, we can better organize ourselves.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 31, 2013
Jivi: Lets construct the first mission and visualize what the environment should look like based on the game play elements.
My first thought was Mr Goatie's Escape.
Cut Scene.
On Xmas eve, Mr Okoro came to buy a goat for Xmas celebration. Unfortunately, Goatie was chosen and immediately he got untied, he escaped. And the first mission is therefore Goatie running away from the humans. It will be temple run-nish but with extra stuffs like the humans throwing stones at him and goatie throwing stones at obstacles or avoiding them and any better ideas anyone has.

I will compile a list of those who have expressed their interest in working on this project along with their corresponding skillset. So, we can better organize ourselves.

Think thats good, so that everyone will be assigned a job
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 8:29am On Oct 31, 2013
Mmmm....2bad....not sure I can b off any help here..
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
We gonna have some dirty neighbourhoods with littered streets. Banana peels aided the escape of Mr.Goatee but he was always tempted by the sight of cassava peels along the street
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Mmmm....2bad....not sure I can b off any help here..
me too. I thought it'll be in teams. But since one person is doing the character design, 3d modelling, scene creation, animation and even has a game engine. I'll just sit back and wait to play it when it's done smiley
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
@bulldog...its still a team. was jst stating my skill set since no one has
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
k. Thought you were only into character design. That's why i asked for the perspective drawings since i do 3d and small scale animation as well as sound. But i found out you had it all. That's why i backed down. But if you need any help and i have the time, feel free to holla
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
@bulldog...definitely...waiting for d tread author (Jivi)...Hey! @Jivi...whats with this 3yrs plan...no one is even a sponsor and do we really need 3yrs...besides, i think the goat game wont need a 3yr plan...at most a 6month plan having ppl with relevant skill set.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Yea 1 year shuld be enof for this project @ jivi we culd move on to bigger projects after this and it will be easier that way since a team will alredi b in plc !! I tink I shuld be grouped in the story telling ,! Game design team!! I can do basic 3d modeling buh ppl wie beta me fi fi dey here!. @jivi is the team leader!! I tink @jivi shuld state the diff teams daht exist !!. U b big boss @ duel o #respect!.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
can't believe that you guys are Nigerians. kip it up and the temple run-ish tin at the beginning would be great bt how is it going to help the gamers understand the controls (considering that's wat every first stage do)
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
i love d idea for d goat game but not feeling d temple run level stuff. we can hv all dat explained in a cutscene or so...thut d idea was to hv goat b a bad as* militia
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hi guys,pls how best can I delve into 3d animation and modelling;I mean the necessary tools I must possess and book recommendations. I want to up my skill so that I would a full fledge partaker in this dream project
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2013
Preboy: can't believe that you guys are Nigerians. kip it up and the temple run-ish tin at the beginning would be great bt how is it going to help the gamers understand the controls (considering that's wat every first stage do)
dueal: i love d idea for d goat game but not feeling d temple run level stuff. we can hv all dat explained in a cutscene or so...thut d idea was to hv goat b a bad as* militia
@Preboy and @dueal.
Good point. That's why we are designing the game.
Remove problematic ideas and add new ones. However, there are ways to get around this by adding a separate traning level or making controls easy while focussing on fun factor.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:04am On Nov 01, 2013
Peterjosh: We gonna have some dirty neighbourhoods with littered streets. Banana peels aided the escape of Mr.Goatee but he was always tempted by the sight of cassava peels along the street
lol. nice one.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:13am On Nov 01, 2013
jjk24: Yea 1 year shuld be enof for this project @ jivi we culd move on to bigger projects after this and it will be easier that way since a team will alredi b in plc !! I tink I shuld be grouped in the story telling ,! Game design team!! I can do basic 3d modeling buh ppl wie beta me fi fi dey here!. @jivi is the team leader!! I tink @jivi shuld state the diff teams daht exist !!. U b big boss @ duel o #respect!.
dueal: @bulldog...definitely...waiting for d tread author (Jivi)...Hey! @Jivi...whats with this 3yrs plan...no one is even a sponsor and do we really need 3yrs...besides, i think the goat game wont need a 3yr plan...at most a 6month plan having ppl with relevant skill set.
Actually, most games are usually playable a long time before they get released. They go through several phases of development withy game play adjustment until it is so good. Also, 3 years means that you may create a level and then several people will just keep tweaking it and it looks out of this world level of perfect. Look at epic games, they start out simple and they keep tweaking until it so good you wonder how they made it.

then, we should also talk of time factor. Most people on this thread have their everyday lives to deal with too apart from this project. All these contribute to the time length. However, we could finish in less time than 3 years depending on time investment.

Lets take each level or mission like a training session like jjk24 said with each level, we get better and can improve on previous levels.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 01, 2013
Jivi:
@Preboy and @dueal.
Good point. That's why we are designing the game.
Remove problematic ideas and add new ones. However, there are ways to get around this by adding a separate traning level or making controls easy while focussing on fun factor.
u are a genius! a separate training level would be kul, dat means we have a first level [ escape of goaty/ temple run kinda ] so wats the second level gona be
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:36am On Nov 01, 2013
This is how we stand currently. If you have multiple skills and want to focus on just a particular area. Just let me know.
If you want to be excluded, you can also let me know.

3d Modelers
Jjk24
Dueal
Jivi (only AutoCAD)
kazuna

Concept Artists
Dueal

2d Artists
Dueal

Character Design
Kazuna
Dueal
Bulldog

Animators
Kazuna

Sound Designers
Bulldog

Game Story / Game Designers
jjk24
Ajibel
Elvis10ten
Petereddy
Peterjosh
Preboy
Generally, everyone should be part of the design team but these are the guys focused on it so far.

Level Designers
Dueal
Kazuna

Voice Actors

Game Programmers
RationalDude
GideonG
Code Addict
Jivi
Dueal
Nairaface
Solomonope
Javanian
Wiegraf
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:38am On Nov 01, 2013
Preboy: u are a genius! a separate training level would be kul, dat means we have a first level [ escape of goaty/ temple run kinda ] so wats the second level gona be

Mission Update

Acquire Cutlass and Fight.

The humans get to pursue the escapee goat, Goatie with cutlass fiercely.

Release Other Goats, Ram, Cow, Chicken etc.
Armed with a cutlass, Goaty visits several abattoirs to release other animals.

Infiltrate Military Base to acquire tanks - Acquire Advanced Weapons – Ak47, Sniper etc

_Shit just got real. Information has leaked that the goats have rebelled against man and pose a very dangerous threat to citizen's life. In no time, the government deployed troops of mean and hungry soldiers.
General Goatie along with Ewu, Ebili and Gwon Gwon go on a top secret mission to acquire weapons of war fare. In the process, Gwon Gwon got killed. Then, the human Military Commander then said, Omo, see meat. Mek person go prepare Isi-Ewu make we chow.
But General Goaty thought differently. They had to retrieve GwonGwon’s body for appropriate burial rite as a worthy hero and patriot.

Retrieve GwonGwon’s Body, Get the weapons and capture the military commander.

This was the initial plan subject to change and modification
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 01, 2013
so wats the exact story line for the next stage; being chased, getting amo, or releasing fellow comrades...
i think it should end with goaty rescuing his wife and killing a fat, goat-meat chopper (boss) and ending the war. making it epic, emotional, funny and most of all innovative.
wish I had started python earlier so I could have joined in the game dev bt all the same, kip it up guys
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by wiegraf: 2:37am On Nov 01, 2013
Bump for justice.

Too lazy/busy to be actively involved. Along the line I might do some coding though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Microcontrollers / What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.