Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453943 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
Grail~Ivy:
My interview is 10th please pray for me ooooo grin

You are getting it.. Hope you've done all ur assignments?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Pls smoothkool,how did u go about updating your appointment scheduling profile with a new Ds160 number ?

smoothkool: @Amefrica, am through with the form,submitted and printed , and also updated my appointment scheduling profile with the new Ds160 number, thanks bro God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
I saw this somewhere online. It may be useful to someone

University Visa Fraud – UNVA No Longer Operational

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has an update for the University of Northern Virginia (UNVA) F-1 students, that the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) withdrew UNVA’s approval for attendance of nonimmigrant students as of October 1st, 2013. Any F-1 students holding a SEVIS record from UNVA university were supposed to transfer their SEVIS to a different university or leave the United States by November 25th, 2013.

The University of Northern Virginia (UNVA) was raided few years ago by the ICE and was closed after an investigation by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Visa Fraud. This university let the students work full time in internships, not requiring to attend any classes as a part of their course. During July of this year, the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia have revoked the University’s license to operate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
imperiouxx: I saw this somewhere online. It may be useful to someone

Thanks brother on the update, it seems everything pertaning to schools in the State of Virginia are redflags.

God help all prospective student's that dont know about this.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
@grail ivy.
Relax *JEHOVA* gat this. Go get it.

Hope u r ready like Amefrican said.
*Bugatti* grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
First Available Appointment Is Monday January 6, 2014.. So appointment date is available in Lagos Embassy now!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
JFK12: Pls smoothkool,how did u go about updating your appointment scheduling profile with a new Ds160 number ?

Log in to your account, go to 'update info' then go to where you see DS160 Conf. number/App ID then change it to the new one. Then update it and print the appointment confirmation out. It's gonna reflect.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
nomso27: @grail ivy.
Relax *JEHOVA* gat this. Go get it.

Hope u r ready like Amefrican said.
*Bugatti* grin
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mckenziiii: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Walspring:
First Available Appointment Is Monday January 6, 2014.. So appointment date is available in Lagos Embassy now!!!
is dere hope of gertn a date dis Dec? I need a date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
mckenziiii: is dere hope of gertn a date dis Dec? I need a date
17 and 18 is available for Lag emb
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by harkynon(m): 12:00am On Dec 09, 2013
joelin_sewa:
@Harkynon, thanks but reschudle to W̶̲̥̅̊ђǝrǝ? But that's an extra cost tho! If am right.what's your plans too.I'll give it a shot tho, I pray by nxt weekend they would have rectify the issue

I have sent ets an email. I'm waiting for their response. I would suggest you reschedule your exam to one university in cotonu called america intl.... Bla bla university. I heard they have all the facilities and people are writing it there. Just that the centre is not always available online cos they are always occupied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Udiboy(f): 3:13am On Dec 09, 2013
I want to say a big thank you to all those who have contributed immensely to this thread.This is the best.You guys got me awake all night till now readin post from part 3.,wow!!
Well,am a petroleum Engineering graduate from UNIBEN.I graduated 2010 and finished service 2012,nov!
I still dey find job till date and now I have decided to quit job search and prepare for GRE n toefl.I want to do Msc in pet Eng.
Pls,house members kindly help a new member in book suggestion.Pls,is there anyone with a kind heart who is willing to send me materials .I can buy them as well.What are the best books for preparation and what is the ideal time for both exams if I study full time for both.Am planning on giving both by march next year so I can apply for sept admission.
Thanks in advance for your contribution
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vivysparkles(f): 6:42am On Dec 09, 2013
House, seasons greetings o!!! Biko How long is a WES evaluation valid for? Does it have an expiry date like the GRE n toefl? Or once evaluated can always be accessed even in 15yrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by joelinsewa: 7:40am On Dec 09, 2013
harkynon:

I have sent ets an email. I'm waiting for their response. I would suggest you reschedule your exam to one university in cotonu called america intl.... Bla bla university. I heard they have all the facilities and people are writing it there. Just that the centre is not always available online cos they are always occupied
My challenge is, I'lll be out of the country latest 27th of Dec.and I no it might not be possible to get an ealier date or 14th of Dec to be precise.if I go there this wknd and the internet is down, I hope prometirc will refund all my cash since it was not my fault to deliberately cancel or miss the exam.as u have suggested, if am to reschude before Saturday will I be charged extra.please get back to me when ETS replies your mail. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 09, 2013
Udiboy: I want to say a big thank you to all those who have contributed immensely to this thread.This is the best.You guys got me awake all night till now readin post from part 3.,wow!!
Well,am a petroleum Engineering graduate from UNIBEN.I graduated 2010 and finished service 2012,nov!
I still dey find job till date and now I have decided to quit job search and prepare for GRE n toefl.I want to do Msc in pet Eng.
Pls,house members kindly help a new member in book suggestion.Pls,is there anyone with a kind heart who is willing to send me materials .I can buy them as well.What are the best books for preparation and what is the ideal time for both exams if I study full time for both.Am planning on giving both by march next year so I can apply for sept admission.
Thanks in advance for your contribution

Send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com you'll receive links to download e-books and materials.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2013
vivysparkles: House, seasons greetings o!!! Biko How long is a WES evaluation valid for? Does it have an expiry date like the GRE n toefl? Or once evaluated can always be accessed even in 15yrs
if you pay for storage, i believe it should be there for ever. because i also paid for storage too but 15years plenty ooooooooooooo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2013
gr8ever:

Thanks brother on the update, it seems everything pertaning to schools in the State of Virginia are redflags.

West Virginia University, Morgantown, is an exception @gr8ever
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2013
joelin_sewa:
My challenge is, I'lll be out of the country latest 27th of Dec.and I no it might not be possible to get an ealier date or 14th of Dec to be precise.if I go there this wknd and the internet is down, I hope prometirc will refund all my cash since it was not my fault to deliberately cancel or miss the exam.as u have suggested, if am to reschude before Saturday will I be charged extra.please get back to me when ETS replies your mail. Thank you
This is just a 'dugbe' and not a challenge!!. You can reschedule to the country you are travelling to, should they have prometric centers for the tests. #myopinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2013
Grail~Ivy:
Thank u all for the prayers......... Tomorrow is the day mehn I dey fear ooooo chai grin

Don't be nervous. It is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2013
Hello House, do VOs have a way of finding out the number of universities you applied to? Because I applied to just 1 and they gave me admission but I will tell them three.. Will they find out that its just 1 I applied to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by harkynon(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2013
joelin_sewa:

Send me a PM or ur pin incase I forget.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2013
domex007: Hello House, do VOs have a way of finding out the number of universities you applied to? Because I applied to just 1 and they gave me admission but I will tell them three.. Will they find out that its just 1 I applied to?
VO's no be witch bro, they dont have time like that to check. your interview might not last more than 10min. So relax, just make sure you mention the schools name properly and please dont mention schools in the same state oooooooooooooooooo wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2013
kunlebal:
VO's no be witch bro, they dont have time like that to check. your interview might not last more than 10min. So relax, just make sure you mention the schools name properly and please dont mention schools in the same state oooooooooooooooooo wink

Loool.. Okay, I have 2 from the same state and 1 from another state in the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2013
gr8ever:

did you see the mail?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2013
domex007:

Loool.. Okay, I have 2 from the same state and 1 from another state in the US
please dont mention 2 schools in the same state, kindly change it asap. schools plenty for US OF A BRO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2013
Grail~Ivy:
GOD bless u bro..... Wanna ask some questions oooo

Ask your questions!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 11:11am On Dec 09, 2013
Graviton: did you see the mail?

Yes bro, I've seen it and replied!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by stanogb(m): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2013
Merry X-mas in advance Pals...
I will be applying to Minnesota State university, Mankato for Fall 2014, They said something about registering with EducationUSA. I wish to know about EducationUSA. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
gr8ever:

Yes bro, I've seen it and replied!
can't see it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by princeRomeo(m): 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
hi guys

Actually went for my visa interview few weeks ago i was delayed again at counter 1...at the end of the interview the vo interviewing asked me why dont i change the school but i told her no she asked why i told her that the school has always been my first my first choice that i am satisfied with the facilities being provided there so she was like my application still looks the same which means she has no choice than to deny me that its until my application changes thats when their decision will change....the name of the school is lee university....planning on changing it to a good school with better ranking...

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.