Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454970 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
I graduated with agricultural economics and my Nysc in an allied agro company and was retained there and working there till date.....
Well I want to re-apply now but thr problem is now that available date is Jan 7 and my school said I should resume latest by Jan 8 what can I do pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by smile4kenn(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
@above.

U fit apply. So many years ago, I got my visa one week after school resumed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
hello wonderful people,
two of the four schools I submitted my gre scores to are in d same state but i'v only applied to one. Now I want to send my score report and apply to two other different schools in different states making three schools in three different states. Pls will the VOs still react to this even though I dint apply to the two schools in the same state?? Thanks for your help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 9:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congratulations to Imperiouxx and all that got their visas approved. Hope to share my own good news soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodeplot: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
@jaskibo,u did well,I must say ere that the VO that deny u is just a mean guy,if I can describe him,am sure he s the same person dat denial me at first attempt,today was just nt ur day,reapply and pray for God mercy,u will get it next tym, dat Vo was either at window 5 or 3,one kinda old man with plenty hair. F u want to reapply,just go n pay at gtb,den relax and just be refreshing the visa page every mins,for me then,it was unlimted refreshing,so once u see any date in dec at lag embassy,u sharply pick it,don't be surprise if u see next week 17th..my advice is just pray,dat God shud grant u favor n ease this one for u.I belive u will get dis 2nd tym.

@ashgibo..Vo might raise eyebrow tho,however,u can print online printout of the other schools apply to and attach it to the original copy and u shud av reasons for selecting dos schools in d same state initially.I just belv he/she will jst ask u oda schs applied to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blackbee: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
I said more to come later. Here is the transcript of how it went.
I lodged some where around Obalende, I woke up the next morning and had a cab pick me up at around 5 am, the night before, I was shaking in fear but I just thought I should sleep on the fear.. I woke up differently at about 5 am and headed to the Embassy. Omo the kind of rigorous checks that was happening at the Embassy was like hell. After all the checks I went into the hall waiting on the queue to do my biometrics, after a while, I was called by the Chinese guy to do my biometrics. He did the biometrics for a while and the packed some of the passports he and just processed and started interviewing... He called the numbers serially (at that time, my mind skipped because I was focusing on him, he called and interviewed from numbers 100 to 112 and my number was 114, made up my mind that I was going to face him anyways because it was most likely that he would be the one to interview me.) The next thing I saw was that number 113 was now called to be interviewed on another window inside my mind I was like that you Jesus, meaning that I was going to be the next. After that window interviewed the girl then my number flashed on the screen, I quickly rushed down and here's how it went.

Me: Good morning Sir,
VO: No answer
Vo: what are you going to do?
Me: To study
VO: What are you going to study?
Me: Bla Bla bla
VO: Where exactly?
Me: bla bla state
VO: What schools did you apply to
Me; named the schools from different states.
VO: Why did you choose this specific school?
Me: It was recommended to me by someone who is known in the educational sector here in Nigeria.
VO: Oh you mean like an educational consultant?
Me: Yes.
VO: Do you have the contact of the consultant?
Me: NO
VO: (brings out blue denial paper and gives it to me, at that time I wasn't shaky) Please write down the name of the educational consultant and the name of the of the consulting firm.
Me: Wrote down what he wanted.
VO: You finished your secondary school in 2005, why?
Me: I was born in a non English speaking country and by the time I came back I had to adjust to the new language, it took me some time to do that.
VO: when did you come back to Nigeria.
Me: 1989
VO: Hand me the file you have, all the documents.
Me: Hands them over
VO: He flips through all my documents.
VO: did you write any tests?
Me: I have a waiver from my school but I still registered for TOEFL. (he kept flipping through my documents. I never registered or wrote TOEFL oo)
VO: Who's paying for your trip?
Me: My father.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a civil engineer and he also does contracts for the Rivers State government.
Vo: What does you Mother do?
Me: She's a Medical doctor.
VO: (brings out my WAEC and looks at it closely though I attached my scratch card to my certificate)
Me: Takes off my glasses so he sees me well without my glasses.
VO: I see you're coming from far, you can either tell someone to pick up your visa for you at the address I have circled on this paper or you can come pick it up yourself.
Me: (inside my mind) Thank you Jesus.
Me: Thank you Sir.

Ricky Rozay thank you again...
But make una Thank baba God, na him do pass.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
blackbee: I said more to come later. Here is the transcript of how it went.
I lodged some where around Obalende, I woke up the next morning and had a cab pick me up at around 5 am, the night before, I was shaking in fear but I just thought I should sleep on the fear.. I woke up differently at about 5 am and headed to the Embassy. Omo the kind of rigorous checks that was happening at the Embassy was like hell. After all the checks I went into the hall waiting on the queue to do my biometrics, after a while, I was called by the Chinese guy to do my biometrics. He did the biometrics for a while and the packed some of the passports he and just processed and started interviewing... He called the numbers serially (at that time, my mind skipped because I was focusing on him, he called and interviewed from numbers 100 to 112 and my number was 114, made up my mind that I was going to face him anyways because it was most likely that he would be the one to interview me.) The next thing I saw was that number 113 was now called to be interviewed on another window inside my mind I was like that you Jesus, meaning that I was going to be the next. After that window interviewed the girl then my number flashed on the screen, I quickly rushed down and here's how it went.

Me: Good morning Sir,
VO: No answer
Vo: what are you going to do?
Me: To study
VO: What are you going to study?
Me: Bla Bla bla
VO: Where exactly?
Me: bla bla state
VO: What schools did you apply to
Me; named the schools from different states.
VO: Why did you choose this specific school?
Me: It was recommended to me by someone who is known in the educational sector here in Nigeria.
VO: Oh you mean like an educational consultant?
Me: Yes.
VO: Do you have the contact of the consultant?
Me: NO
VO: (brings out blue denial paper and gives it to me, at that time I wasn't shaky) Please write down the name of the educational consultant and the name of the of the consulting firm.
Me: Wrote down what he wanted.
VO: You finished your secondary school in 2005, why?
Me: I was born in a non English speaking country and by the time I came back I had to adjust to the new language, it took me some time to do that.
VO: when did you come back to Nigeria.
Me: 1989
VO: Hand me the file you have, all the documents.
Me: Hands them over
VO: He flips through all my documents.
VO: did you write any tests?
Me: I have a waiver from my school but I still registered for TOEFL. (he kept flipping through my documents. I never registered or wrote TOEFL oo)
VO: Who's paying for your trip?
Me: My father.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a civil engineer and he also does contracts for the Rivers State government.
Vo: What does you Mother do?
Me: She's a Medical doctor.
VO: (brings out my WAEC and looks at it closely though I attached my scratch card to my certificate)
Me: Takes off my glasses so he sees me well without my glasses.
VO: I see you're coming from far, you can either tell someone to pick up your visa for you at the address I have circled on this paper or you can come pick it up yourself.
Me: (inside my mind) Thank you Jesus.
Me: Thank you Sir.

Ricky Rozay thank you again...
But make una Thank baba God, na him do pass.

Congrats

for others going for their visa interview, it is better you tell the VO that you learnt about the school you wish to attend through an extensive internet research

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congrats bro.. But honestly, how many schools did you apply to? And were you going in for undergraduate or masters?? Congrats once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nov2(m): 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
@ bigfrancis I finished ssce 2004, HND 2011. But hope applying for masters in my field won't pose any problems later in d future
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blackbee: 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Plenty oo. Undergrads .
domex007: Congrats bro.. But honestly, how many schools did you apply to? And were you going in for undergraduate or masters?? Congrats once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congrats blackbee!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tochium:

Congrats

for others going for their visa interview, it is better you tell the VO that you learnt about the school you wish to attend through an extensive internet research

Performing an extensive research is something that should naturally be done....any serious student should.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:21am On Dec 10, 2013
Tochium: Congratulations to Imperiouxx and all that got their visas approved. Hope to share my own good news soon.

cheesy grin cheesy Yeah it isn't easy... He got his V i s a approved at last. Pray for me too o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kizzykingz: 1:24am On Dec 10, 2013
am new here but i wana ask a question if v.o ask you y your uncle is sponsoring you what do you say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 1:26am On Dec 10, 2013
lisadem:

cheesy grin cheesy Yeah it isn't easy... He got his V i s a approved at last. Pray for me too o grin

I think he is only congratulating Imperiouxx on the successful completion of his MS degree. The way he worded it may be confusing, but I think we all got the message. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 10, 2013
kizzykingz: am new here but i wana ask a question if v.o ask you y your uncle is sponsoring you what do you say

Exactly why he is!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:29am On Dec 10, 2013
Sorry princeRomeo and olaniyisal about the denial delay. Do as the gurus advised and get back on the horse asap. Please don't be deterred.
congrats Blackbee. welcome to the US of A
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 10, 2013
lisadem:

Bro, I saw ur request and I accepted it. Since then ur pin still dey pending, e never update oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:38am On Dec 10, 2013
Amefrica:

Exactly why he is!
badt guy! grin

kizzykingz: am new here but i wana ask a question if v.o ask you y your uncle is sponsoring you what do you say

You are in the best position to know why your Uncle wanna sponsor you. however, common response is "because He's been supportive of your education right from elementary or He's indebted to your parents and wanna appreciate it by sponsoring your education and blah blah" Please say exactly why he's sponsoring you. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:40am On Dec 10, 2013
OjaP:

I think he is only congratulating Imperiouxx on the successful completion of his MS degree. The way he worded it may be confusing, but I think we all got the message. smiley

lol... I hope that was what He meant. anyway, we all got the message. Am just being sarcastic wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by valentijay: 1:41am On Dec 10, 2013
Hello guyz. Im in serious need of your help. My school resumes on the second of january. How do i get an available date earlier than that. What can I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:43am On Dec 10, 2013
Amefrica:

Bro, I saw ur request and I accepted it. Since then ur pin still dey pending, e never update oo.

okay omo iya. perhaps i should delete and re-add you then. look forward to it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:47am On Dec 10, 2013
valentijay: Hello guyz. Im in serious need of your help. My school resumes on the second of january. How do i get an available date earlier than that. What can I do?

First hope you have all documents in tact. You will still need to wait for regular dates to be released. pick one of the dates and opt for emergency appointment date stating a cogent reason why it should be approved and upload your I-20. That's how i know it's done. I don't know if there is a new development. All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 10, 2013
lisadem:

okay omo iya. perhaps i should delete and re-add you then. look forward to it

Yeaa, do so bro.. Before I sleep off! I'm waiting oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 10, 2013
valentijay: Hello guyz. Im in serious need of your help. My school resumes on the second of january. How do i get an available date earlier than that. What can I do?

Lisabi has said it all..

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blackbee: 1:57am On Dec 10, 2013
VO's have noticed almost the same kinds of terminologies, be careful of the words you use. You can use synonyms instead. I was there when someone was bounced for cramming. Don't forget this is the internet and you can't tell the amount of people who use the same term as you. Bottom line, give it your own touch..
Tochium:

Congrats

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:59am On Dec 10, 2013
jaskinbo:
House a beg wet in be my error?

This is sad. Those were good responses.This is matter of luck. It's around the corner. Try again friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennidoko: 4:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Hi guys nice and wonderful jobs ...I came I saw and I conquer ...was give visa and am leaving dis dec to minnesota. Any body going to minnesota state uni mankato shld bust me let talk..08032717217....u guys here r d best. Kenalone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 4:57am On Dec 10, 2013
Hello my great people, am trying to fill a new ds 160 form and was asked me to explain the reason for my visa refusal....pls what am I going to write there? And also what should I choose in"....Person/entity paying for trip" ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennidoko: 5:00am On Dec 10, 2013
Guys I got ma visa and am grateful to God and ALL in the house...am leaving dis mnth to MN ....any one going to MN? Here ma digit 08032717217 let gist
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olaniyisal: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2013
House n @ Amefrica, @imperiouxx

Please how can I register for GMAT ... I need the procedure

I also need some materials on GMAT.... Pls forward it to my email olaniu@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walecrsyler: 8:08am On Dec 10, 2013
kenn_idoko: Guys I got ma visa and am grateful to God and ALL in the house...am leaving dis mnth to MN ....any one going to MN? Here ma digit 08032717217 let gist

Congratulations on your visa approval, you are expected to post your interview transcript, that's the norm here. I'm sure u benefited from others. Let others learn from yours as well, that's the only way u could pay the thread back. Have a lovely stay in

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.