Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454555 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Walspring:

Bro make sure u carry plenty agbo jedi cos sweet things to plenty for that side..

Thanks for the other day that we met in person... Wishing u a safe trip to obamaland and kindly make sure u do visiti thread like imperiouxx to help and assist us ooo
Nice meeting you too bro, will try my best to be active on the forum. Been so busy lately, presently out of lagos. Merry christmas in advance to you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
JFK12: But I will need to cancel d initial date picked,isn't it ?

Of course!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
kunlebal:
Nice meeting you too bro, will try my best to be active on the forum. Been so busy lately, presently out of lagos. Merry christmas in advance to you all

It's my pleasure bro! Wishing u safe trip and Merry xmas in advance..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hello friends.. When a visa candidate is denied and and he changes a few details (like sponsorship) on his new ds160 and apply again. Will the vo surely ask why he is changing sponsorshipp!!?? Or will they just treat him as a fresh applicant?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
domex007: Hello friends.. When a visa candidate is denied and and he changes a few details (like sponsorship) on his new ds160 and apply again. Will the vo surely ask why he is changing sponsorshipp!!?? Or will they just treat him as a fresh applicant?
VO will surely ask you the reason you change your sponsor n is left for you to defend yourself. The question is why are you changing your sponsor, let us know so that we can help you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hello NLanders,
I went for an F-1 Visa interview today(24th dec 2013) in Lagos and was denied VISA. Here's my Interview:
ME: Hello Sir
V0: No response
VO: why are you going to America
ME: In order to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering Tech at Eastern Michigan University
VO: Bachelor's?
ME: Yes!
VO: Whats the name of your School?
ME: EMU.
VO: why EMU?
ME: EMU is an area rich in academic, technological, and recreational resources. Also, I've interected with some graduates and i got to knw that Engineering majors are handled to the fullest.
VO: what will you do with your degree?
ME: my Dad already secured a job for me here in Nigeria.
VO: what Job?
ME: managing director of the oil company he's about to build.
VO: what does he do?
ME: works with NNPC
VO: you graduated from Fortune Private School?
ME: yes!
VO: unfortunate, we cannot issue u a visa....

Pls, what's my offence?
Should i reapply in Abuja Embassy instead of Lagos Pls reply soon...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Idazbawz: Hello NLanders,
I went for an F-1 Visa interview today(24th dec 2013) in Lagos and was denied VISA. Here's my Interview:
ME: Hello Sir
V0: No response
VO: why are you going to America
ME: In order to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering Tech at Eastern Michigan University
VO: Bachelor's?
ME: Yes!
VO: Whats the name of your School?
ME: EMU.
VO: why EMU?
ME: EMU is an area rich in academic, technological, and recreational resources. Also, I've interected with some graduates and i got to knw that Engineering majors are handled to the fullest.
VO: what will you do with your degree?
ME: my Dad already secured a job for me here in Nigeria.
VO: what Job?
ME: managing director of the oil company he's about to build.
VO: what does he do?
ME: works with NNPC
VO: you graduated from Fortune Private School?
ME: yes!
VO: unfortunate, we cannot issue u a visa....

Pls, what's my offence?
Should i reapply in Abuja Embassy instead of Lagos Pls reply soon...

Sorry about the Visa denial today, but my advice is...stay in Lagos and re-schedule another date, its not about the Embassy where you applied but being able to convince the Consular positively, so work better on the bolded answers. You could write whatever you think you would say next here and let the gurus in the houz correct you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 12:14am On Dec 25, 2013
Bro,when I tried to cancel d initial date,d nxt slot available is on 15th,d initial date I picked is nearer than d 15th available,so am confused because I cnt see any sign of emergency.
Amefrica:

Of course!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 25, 2013
JFK12: Bro,when I tried to cancel d initial date,d nxt slot available is on 15th,d initial date I picked is nearer than d 15th available,so am confused because I cnt see any sign of emergency.

But you said they've approved it. Maybe you should call the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adroitbabz: 12:25am On Dec 25, 2013
JFK12: Bro,when I tried to cancel d initial date,d nxt slot available is on 15th,d initial date I picked is nearer than d 15th available,so am confused because I cnt see any sign of emergency.

Bro jst cancel it and reschedule then u will find a new a earlier date alloted to u.......cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MrChris1(m): 12:28am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas To You All

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 12:38am On Dec 25, 2013
People.I want to apply for BSC in about 3schools in the US.I already have the schools at hand.However two of them do not require any Foreign Test as such but would want to do it.I mean sit for the test.However,I was told Toefl is no longer taken in Nigeria.Is this true?If it's true,How do Nigerian Applicants then sit for the test.You advise needed please.Cos with the recommendations i see here,It seems it would be better you go for a Foreign Test while Applying to a US school.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 12:41am On Dec 25, 2013
alingo4life: People.I want to apply for BSC in about 3schools in the US.I already have the schools at hand.However two of them do not require any Foreign Test as such but would want to do it.I mean sit for the test.However,I was told Toefl is no longer taken in Nigeria.Is this true?If it's true,How do Nigerian Applicants then sit for the test.You advise needed please.Cos with the recommendations i see here,It seems it would be better you go for a Foreign Test while Applying to a US school.

Thanks
TOEFL is suspended in Nigeria, but check if those schools accept IELTS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 2:34am On Dec 25, 2013
aekmanweb: TOEFL is suspended in Nigeria, but check if those schools accept IELTS

Yes,Have checked.One of them require either TOEFL or IELTS.Am going for IELTS.Am still checking on the other schools though.How do i go about registering for IELTS?I'll like to do it myself,not going through any Agent or such.

Note People,Am based in Ibadan.Would want to get it done soonest..

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 2:45am On Dec 25, 2013
Mr. Chris:
Merry Christmas To You All
Nice! Wish you same bro! May the joy of the season abide with us all,Amen.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 4:31am On Dec 25, 2013

Hi, you can only pick an emergency date on the day that your ED is valid to. Check the email they sent you, you will see a date in which your ED is valid to. You can only choose a nearer date on that day, not before or after. Safe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 5:45am On Dec 25, 2013
D date is 30th,so I cnt choose appointment date until that 30th?if I got you right.
jcaribie:

Hi, you can only pick an emergency date on the day that your ED is valid to. Check the email they sent you, you will see a date in which your ED is valid to. You can only choose a nearer date on that day, not before or after. Safe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 6:16am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Cheistmas to y'all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 6:16am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas house.... Compliment of d season.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 25, 2013
alingo4life:

Yes,Have checked.One of them require either TOEFL or IELTS.Am going for IELTS.Am still checking on the other schools though.How do i go about registering for IELTS?I'll like to do it myself,not going through any Agent or such.

Note People,Am based in Ibadan.Would want to get it done soonest..

Thanks

You can't register yourself, you'd have to go to the British Council Nigeria. Below is their address;

British Council in Lagos, Nigeria. ... Address 20 Thompson Avenue PO Box 53702, Falomo Ikoyi, Lagos.

Remember to go with your Int'l Passport and 38K.

Goodluck bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MrChris1(m): 7:37am On Dec 25, 2013
winbyforce:
Nice! Wish you same bro! May the joy of the season abide with us all,Amen.
Thanks Bro. I congratulate everyone that has been granted visa & I wish others awaiting theirs Success IJN Amen.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 25, 2013
To those doubting me; Nonso et al, as I've promised to show una on christmas day. Here it is oo tongue
Happy Christmas! Have a fun filled day. grin

My 6packs at its early stage! tongue

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 8:28am On Dec 25, 2013
Amefrica:

You can't register yourself, you'd have to go to the British Council Nigeria. Below is their address;

British Council in Lagos, Nigeria. ... Address 20 Thompson Avenue PO Box 53702, Falomo Ikoyi, Lagos.

Remember to go with your Int'l Passport and 38K.

Goodluck bro!

Thanks broda.I really appreciate it.Would i be able to chose Exam location there too?I mean can it be done in Ibadan?I mean the Exam?Also are those two things only needed and nothing else?I mean the 38K and my international Passport?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 25, 2013
alingo4life:

Thanks broda.I really appreciate it.Would i be able to chose Exam location there too?I mean can it be done in Ibadan?I mean the Exam?Also are those two things only needed and nothing else?I mean the 38K and my international Passport?

Thanks

You are going to write it there bro. It can't be written in IB, I guess. Yes, just your Int'l Passport and 38K.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2013
I changed S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ that it will match ♍Ɣ‎ i-20 which states family fund..

kunlebal:
VO will surely ask you the reason you change your sponsor n is left for you to defend yourself. The question is why are you changing your sponsor, let us know so that we can help you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:40am On Dec 25, 2013
Amefrica: To those doubting me; Nonso et al, as I've promised to show una on christmas day. Here it is oo tongue

grin *falls of mango tree*

nice one bro. . .

Okay house,

General Scooby wishes u a Merry christmas, murder any chicken that comes ur way angry nd go for confession later.

peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2013
nomso27:

grin *falls of mango tree*

nice one bro. . .

How body? Hope u no get fraction?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2013
JFK12: Pls house,what is the nxt step to be taken after d approval of an emergency request ? Tnx

How long did they take to respond to your ED request? Tnx!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2013
[quote author=babysimzy]Congratulations sis grin, you are so lucky to get such a nice VO, thanks to amefrica and graviton. Saying Hi grin to everyone. Am still trying to check affordable schools that accept IELTS and also trying to register. Thanks plenty plenty[/quote
Have seen a school that accepts IELTS.Have mailed some other though.You can PM me and we'll talk better..

Thank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2013
^^^
This post has been eaten

Goddamnit! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2013
Amefrica: To those doubting me; Nonso et al, as I've promised to show una on christmas day. Here it is oo tongue

shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 25, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided

Wetin bro? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.