Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454225 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phlox4(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
Please house, l intend to enrol for MS Accounting programme at the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania , USA. Pls is the school ok? How is life in Pennsylvania ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
OjaP: Mr. Abimbola

You have come up with some strong points. The only thing you may want to do is to bring these points up as early as you can. You don't want to wait till when the V.O ask you that, you can actually force him/her to dance to your tune.

Why did you choose the school?

Remind the VO that the United States recently just declared Boko Haram as a terrorist group. Your thesis is going to be on security, intelligence gathering and counter-terrorism using Nigeria as a case-study. You will be working with Prof. XXXX who's a renowned Prof. of Criminology in the US. The result of your research would be included in your thesis, and you plan on submitting your recommendations to the Nigeria State Security Service, Nigeria Police Force and the Nigeria Army. Ultimately, you look forward to working with the Nigeria State Security Service upon graduation.

Every other thing seems to be in order except that you want to tell the VO you were accepted in all the schools you applied to but chose SJUP because of your research interest. Good luck and I wish you a happiest and merry xmas.

Thank you so much bro nd jst take note of that. Will definitely bomb d V.O with that as soon as he/she ask me a question dat I could easily add dat to. U're highly appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
Amefrica:

Goodluck bro! smiley

Thanks so much Amefrica nd will surely work on ur advice. Am so proud of U guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
bimbola85:

Thank you so much bro nd jst take note of that. Will definitely bomb d V.O with that as soon as he/she ask me a question dat I could easily add dat to. U're highly appreciated

You bet!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
phlox4: Please house, l intend to enrol for MS Accounting programme at the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania , USA. Pls is the school ok? How is life in Pennsylvania ?

Enroll or apply for admission? Anyway, the school is good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
bimbola85:

Thanks so much Amefrica nd will surely work on ur advice. Am so proud of U guys

My pleasure bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2013
Wishing you all the blessings this season brings. Merry Christmas from the heart that truly care so much about you all and your family.. Cheers! Cheers!! Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
May God shower us more with his
blessings. May we find life’s true meaning as we further reflect on this blessed season. More love,
happiness, success & good health! Merry christmas to you all! Much love!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodeplot: 12:09am On Dec 26, 2013
@idazbawz, u can schedule for summer by april,that month is cool,as u will have ample of time to prepare,January is too early and secondly,you can schedule back to lagos just let God take over,thirdly,imperioux schedule back after being denied firstly at abj to lagos embassy and got his visa so is possible to change location and also get your visa,I didn't change location,still got my visa in lagos,which I think is okay for you to reaply..

@bimbola..work with ojap and america answers,and also don't forget to say u were admitted to all the schools or 2 of them,and find a constructive answer for y the school.

Merry christmas everyone both home and abroad we are one..

Success to all prospective visa applicants and to all on their way to obamaland safe trip.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chars1289: 12:52am On Dec 26, 2013
God bless @Ojap for his resoonse to bimbola.....truly a vital response to kill the interview.....@bimbola duel on dt bro the Lord is ur strength....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 4:54am On Dec 26, 2013
Hello my gurus; Can someone reapply for ED again after the first application was denied? I mean i had applied for ED before and was denied ..Can I apply again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by feregamo: 4:55am On Dec 26, 2013
@ojap guy please for your own safety don't mention anything about any Terrorist group,cos if you do they will asume you have a link with them and it can jeopardize your chance of going to obamaland,you can polish your response in another way.the day I went to the Embassy last I saw someone the chinko guy told him he has permanent denial on his name,so if they noticed anything or feel you have a link with them your name can be flag.you are not the saviour here so allow the govt to clear the menace they started.Moreso,maybe you don't understand the reason why they remove Naija from the list of country that played the last DV,if you wanna know email me private.Don't ever mention anything like BH or any Terrorist group.Be wise and think fast
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:58am On Dec 26, 2013
feregamo: @ojap guy please for your own safety don't mention anything about any Terrorist group,cos if you do they will asume you have a link with them and it can jeopardize your chance of going to obamaland,you can polish your response in another way.the day I went to the Embassy last I saw someone the chinko guy told him he has permanent denial on his name,so if they noticed anything or feel you have a link with them your name can be flag.you are not the saviour here so allow the govt to clear the menace they started.Moreso,maybe you don't understand the reason why they remove Naija from the list of country that played the last DV,if you wanna know email me private.Don't ever mention anything like BH or any Terrorist group.Be wise and think fast
grin grin grin grin grin Somebody Drank too much Vodka. Guy, what are you saying? Did you read OjaP's answer? Christmas blues in the air cheesy

OjaP, are you applying for a US Visa? And you didn't tell us? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by asemotaosazuwa(m): 6:09am On Dec 26, 2013
just want to wish all a happy celibration.happy N Y.and C.AMEFRICA,IMPERIOXX,MS NAS,,and those i did nt say their name.wish all happy celibration.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2013
feregamo: @ojap guy please for your own safety don't mention anything about any Terrorist group,cos if you do they will asume you have a link with them and it can jeopardize your chance of going to obamaland,you can polish your response in another way.the day I went to the Embassy last I saw someone the chinko guy told him he has permanent denial on his name,so if they noticed anything or feel you have a link with them your name can be flag.you are not the saviour here so allow the govt to clear the menace they started.Moreso,maybe you don't understand the reason why they remove Naija from the list of country that played the last DV,if you wanna know email me private.Don't ever mention anything like BH or any Terrorist group.Be wise and think fast

grin Brother, which way nah? Someone on here got a standing ovation at the embassy when (s)he said, (s)he wants to find a lasting solution to the Niger boys/militants then, his/her VISA was approved with a doffed hat from the VO..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 26, 2013
asemota osazuwa: just want to wish all a happy celibration.happy N Y.and C.AMEFRICA,IMPERIOXX,MS NAS,,and those i did nt say their name.wish all happy celibration.....

I wish you the same bro! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FindOut(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2013
Haaa! Finally on the last page...after 30 plus pages backlog I had to read through.

Congratulations to all those who have gotten their visas and have left or are about to leave. Big Francis, African stores full Maryland..infact not just African, NIGERIAN. You'll be fine. However like Imperiouxx said, the normal grocery stores can give you some basic things like okra, potatoes, vegetables (more variety than Niaja IMO), pepper, tomatoes (different types, though most of them are annoyingly not as red and succulent as the naija ones sad ) e.t.c.

Those applying for visas, a good response to the question "Why this school" could involve you making specific reference to a Professor by name in your particular program or/and a particular research conducted by your school. It helps when you mention that you have corresponded with that professor. The VOs have no immediate way of verifying this. It won't take you 15 minutes of internet time to get the names of the faculty (professors) in your department. Put that in your interview preparation.All those student faculty ratio, good to international students etc usually don't cut it. & from what I've observed, that question carries a lot of weight. Wish you guys the best.

Peeps in the US particularly those studying in college towns, how una dey cope during breaks? I'm almost thinking of buying a TV due to boredom.....unless I still go on my intended road trip to the east coast on friday wink

Then, Imperiouxx, OjaP & other veterans, abeg una don hear of NIW?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:38am On Dec 26, 2013
Find Out!:
Then, Imperiouxx, OjaP & other veterans, abeg una don hear of NIW?

NIW = Next Internet War, New Immigrant Wahala or New Imperiouxx's Wife (Ms. Nas) undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FindOut(m): 8:40am On Dec 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

NIW = Next Internet War, New Immigrant Wahala or New Imperiouxx's Wife (Ms. Nas) undecided

Lol. National Interest Waiver. Google it, got PhD plans right? you might find some very useful info smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 8:41am On Dec 26, 2013
jaskinbo: Hello my gurus; Can someone reapply for ED again after the first application was denied? I mean i had applied for ED before and was denied ..Can I apply again?

Do you still have the option popping up on your profile? cos mine refused to pop up ever since my request which wasn't granted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:41am On Dec 26, 2013
Find Out!:

Lol. National Interest Waiver. Google it, got PhD plans right? you might find some very useful info smiley

You dey mind me. Thanks, I'll check it now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2013
I'm sure U all enjoying dis festive season. There's a concern abt my admission letter nd my I-20. The MSCJ programme I'm going for is for 16months but my I-20 states that the normal length of study is 4months.
Here is what the school wrote on my admission letter:
[/color] At the present time,you have been approved on a Provisional basis. This means that you will need to take the courses CRJ 570 Professional Writing for Law Enforcement and CRJ 550 Research Methods and Analysis the first time that they are offered. You must earn a grade of a “B” or higher in these two classes. Upon completion your application will be reviewed for full acceptance.
[color=#000000]
I was nt concerned abt dis b4 because I believed the 4months is as a result of me avin 2 prove myself @ Spring Semester which is 4months. My question is that,is dis how they normally fill 4months on a provisonal admission I-20's because I filled 16months on the DS-160 form where dey ask abt Intended Lenght of Stay in the US.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodeplot: 11:21am On Dec 26, 2013
@ amefrica and that member that asked about IELTS in ibadan, you can do IELTS test in ibadan.

@findout long tym bro..how is that side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
bodeplot: @ amefrica and that member that asked about IELTS in ibadan, you can do IELTS test in Ibadan
I don't think so, sir. Here are the IELTS centres in Nigeria:

Nigeria
Abuja
British Council Abuja - Test Venue
More Information

Nigeria
Ikoyi, Lagos
British Council Lagos
More Information

Nigeria
Lagos
Language Lab International House - Lagos - Test Location
Next Test Date: 08-Mar-2014
More Information

Nigeria
Port Harcourt
British Council Port Harcourt - Test Venue
More Information

Sourced from the IELTS official website: http://www.ielts.org//test_centre_search/search_results.aspx?TestCentreSearchSubRegion=7c523b98-bdd9-42a9-80a5-776f2b55a45a

Happy holidays

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrogee(m): 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
I am due for visa application but I recently discovered that while filling the form DS-160 I ommitted the work experience column. Though the only work experience I have had all through my life is NYSC and IT please how do I change or alter this ommission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yes u can.
jaskinbo: Hello my gurus; Can someone reapply for ED again after the first application was denied? I mean i had applied for ED before and was denied ..Can I apply again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
Since u alrdy applied ones d ED option wnt show on ur profile until maybe u cancel ur appointment nd pick anoda date,den d ED option will show again.
iamchux:

Do you still have the option popping up on your profile? cos mine refused to pop up ever since my request which wasn't granted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Deolu1993: 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how having Alevels can benefit a prospective applicant..can it enable you to skip a year or semester or some classes or something..Please any help in this direction would be well appreciated..if you or some1 you know has benefited from having alevels, would be nice if you could also share how they went about it..thanks in advance guys and oh merry belated Christmas lol smiley)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrogee(m): 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
My good people of nairaland,
I am due for visa interview on the 10th of Jan but I recently discovered that while filling the form DS-160 I ommitted the work experience column. Though the only work experience I have had all through my life is NYSC and IT please how do I change or alter this ommission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Castrogee

Someone will answer your question nau. Please stop spamming the whole place with your posts. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
castrogee: My good people of nairaland,
I am due for visa interview on the 10th of Jan but I recently discovered that while filling the form DS-160 I ommitted the work experience column. Though the only work experience I have had all through my life is NYSC and IT please how do I change or alter this ommission.

Bro fill a new ds160 and input it there. Immediately you get your ds160 code just go back to you appoinment booking page and update your profile with the new ds160 code.

After updating your profile at the appointment booking page you will need to print the new appointment page because its the current page now....

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.