Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,338 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454222 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by adebonje: 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Walspring:

I know a guy at the passport office at alausa, he will help her get the passport renewed in oneday, two days at most. Pm me if u want his number

let her defer til fall and renew her passport cos her passport
is not up to six month validity anymore cos POE immigration might act funny and she might have issue cos of that at POE and it will be painful if she is being ask to go back to Nigeria after spending money to fly down to Obamaland.

You can pm if you dont understand what am trying to say! Anyway its just my own opinion and advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
De Tus: @Walspring, passport can be renewed after expiration. Let her renew before leaving. Let's not talk about this anymore, OK? cheesy h r u today?

Bro i dey cool and how that side?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by double08(m): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
house please I would like to know if it is a disadvantage that your BROTHER who will be sponsoring your education is residing/working in the UK?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
double08: house please I would like to know if it is a disadvantage that your BROTHER who will be sponsoring your education is residing/working in the UK?

I don't think there's any disadvantage in that, the most important think is your ability to convincingly express your intent of going to the States to the VO, we've seen someone that just got her Visa approved despite ties in the States (her mother). Best of luck in your pursuit!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by adebonje: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please who here got his visa apporoved on friday and has gotten his passport back, cos I am yet to get mine. I was mailed yetsterday that my documents has been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate. When will it get to the dhl office to collection?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
adebonje: Please who here got his visa apporoved on friday and has gotten his passport back, cos I am yet to get mine. I was mailed yetsterday that my documents has been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate. When will it get to the dhl office to collection?

Still wait for further email confirmation for passport pick-up/collection
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
adebonje: Please who here got his visa apporoved on friday and has gotten his passport back, cos I am yet to get mine. I was mailed yetsterday that my documents has been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate. When will it get to the dhl office to collection?

Since you were mailed yesterday.. I'm sure it will get there yesterday or today.. So check there tomorrow for pick up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iFlygerian: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
I know that the chances of getting a visa with a CC I-20 is very slim. Nevertheless, Is there anybody on this thread that got theirs with a CC I-20? please i need you to shed more light on something bothering me.. Thanks in anticipation of your kind reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pretty gud but so busy trying to make ends meet. Stay cool! cheesy @Walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iFlygerian: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Has anybody ever done group appointment here before please? I want to schedule one for me and my twin bro for summer.. Please reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrogee(m): 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
dear people of nairaland

I have an interview on friday and I to the best of my knowledge have prepared very well. University of Bridgeport gave me admission with a GRE test waiver, I have my NECO exams ready, my intended date of travel is 15th of Jan and its my father that is sponsoring me for a post graduate studies in Technology Management. the balance on the account that I will be presenting is well over 20mil, and I am the only dependent child of my parents as all my brothers are full-time employed. review my case and advise me on what to take care of during and before the interview.

Best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
castrogee: dear people of nairaland

I have an interview on friday and I to the best of my knowledge have prepared very well. University of Bridgeport gave me admission with a GRE test waiver, I have my NECO exams ready, my intended date of travel is 15th of Jan and its my father that is sponsoring me for a post graduate studies in Technology Management. the balance on the account that I will be presenting is well over 20mil, and I am the only dependent child of my parents as all my brothers are full-time employed. review my case and advise me on what to take care of during and before the interview.

Best

Castrogee, i believe you've seen other people's transcript on this forum, why don't you write something out like questions from VO's and your supposed answers to them, with that other forum members would be able to point out lapses in your preps thus far...wishing you best of luck in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hi guys happy new yr. I have been offline for a very long time now.

Pls. I will like to advice some of us here to always use DHL, fedex or even ups for your I-20 delivery. I tried using usps/nipost and got disappointed, it made me miss my deadline. now i have to reapply for fall to be deferred.
But I thank God for everything.

Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Kassidy4luv(m): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hello house, plzzz I av d intention of going to the States for my M.sc.
GRE and TOEFL have been susended in Nigeria, Can I register for d exams in Ghana or wait till dey lift d suspension?
Tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kassidy4luv: Hello house, plzzz I av d intention of going to the States for my M.sc.
GRE and TOEFL have been susended in Nigeria, Can I register for d exams in Ghana or wait till dey lift d suspension?
Tanx

guy, do u want to wait forever Proceed and register in Ghana or check-out the schools you intend applying to if they also accept IELTS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
iFlygerian: I know that the chances of getting a visa with a CC I-20 is very slim. Nevertheless, Is there anybody on this thread that got theirs with a CC I-20? please i need you to shed more light on something bothering me.. Thanks in anticipation of your kind reply.

bro, since u knew the chances of get visa with CC I-20 is slim, why wasting your time on it and why cant you just apply for a university 4years course..

Remember that time wasted can never be regain. Dont waste ur time on CC I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
De Tus: Pretty gud but so busy trying to make ends meet. Stay cool! cheesy @Walspring

Okay bro and God go bless our hustle!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kassidy4luv: Hello house, plzzz I av d intention of going to the States for my M.sc.
Tanx

Register for your exam in the nearest neighborhood state cos we dont know when ETS will lift/suspend the banned ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
conyema12: Hi guys happy new yr. I have been offline for a very long time now.

Pls. I will like to advice some of us here to always use DHL, fedex or even ups for your I-20 delivery. I tried using usps/nipost and got disappointed, it made me miss my deadline. now i have to reapply for fall to be deferred.
But I thank God for everything.

Cheers

Sorry about this bro. I want you to know that every disappointment will be a blessing for you.
I used USPS and it work for me over here in Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
iFlygerian: Has anybody ever done group appointment here before please? I want to schedule one for me and my twin bro for summer.. Please reply.

I think group appointment is for those family going for vacation and i dont know if its applicable for family going to school in us..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Bajah2002: 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Your visa is already approved bro.i was given ap also when i went for my interview on the 12th of dec...i didnt receive a call or email ontime from them..i had to call them myself a week later and i was told to come and i went on the 23rd and my passport was collected for the visa to be issued.....Am in Obamaland now chilling in the cold .call them this week unfailingly ..I guess they forgot to contact me and God directed me to call them.

author=Amefrica][b]Interview transript:

Me: Happy Nu year!
VO: Same to you, you look smart and cute *blushes*. Pls pass me ur docs. *i did*
VO: You are going to Minnesota to study?
Me: Political Science at UG level
VO: you wanna be a politician?
Me: Of course yes! Tho, not like the ones currently in power, we all know mosta dem are co***pt, so we need young bloods like me to restore the political health cuz it is seriously deteriorating.
VO: *laughed* sure, I know. So, you finished high school in 2010 what av u been doing?
Me: I went to do some Advanced Level courses
VO: Can I see your transcript?
Me: It has been sent to my school for evaluation.
VO: Ok, did you write WAEC, SAT and TOEFL
Me: Yes, I passed the docs.
VO; *she verified the score report and checked my WAEC cert under a machine like that and returned all to me* So, who will be paying for ur studies?
Me: My mum, she's a legal practitioner and property consultant.
VO: Do you have any siblings or elders?
Me: I have a young sis of 5 and my sister works here in Abuja.
VO: Pass me your mum's bank staty.
Me: I did.
VO: Ok, is your sister married? Me: Yes!
VO: I'm not denying ur VISA now nor approving but we r gonna contact you back *hands me a white paper with adm processing* when we contact you back pls come back with ur A'Levels transcript too.
VO: have a nice day..[/b][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bajah2002: Your visa is already approved bro.i was given ap also when i went for my interview on the 12th of dec...i didnt receive a call or email ontime from them..i had to call them myself a week later and i was told to come and i went on the 23rd and my passport was collected for the visa to be issued.....Am in Obamaland now chilling in the cold .call them this week unfailingly ..I guess they forgot to contact me and God directed me to call them.

author=Amefrica][b]Interview transript:

Me: Happy Nu year!
VO: Same to you, you look smart and cute *blushes*. Pls pass me ur docs. *i did*
VO: You are going to Minnesota to study?
Me: Political Science at UG level
VO: you wanna be a politician?
Me: Of course yes! Tho, not like the ones currently in power, we all know mosta dem are co***pt, so we need young bloods like me to restore the political health cuz it is seriously deteriorating.
VO: *laughed* sure, I know. So, you finished high school in 2010 what av u been doing?
Me: I went to do some Advanced Level courses
VO: Can I see your transcript?
Me: It has been sent to my school for evaluation.
VO: Ok, did you write WAEC, SAT and TOEFL
Me: Yes, I passed the docs.
VO; *she verified the score report and checked my WAEC cert under a machine like that and returned all to me* So, who will be paying for ur studies?
Me: My mum, she's a legal practitioner and property consultant.
VO: Do you have any siblings or elders?
Me: I have a young sis of 5 and my sister works here in Abuja.
VO: Pass me your mum's bank staty.
Me: I did.
VO: Ok, is your sister married? Me: Yes!
VO: I'm not denying ur VISA now nor approving but we r gonna contact you back *hands me a white paper with adm processing* when we contact you back pls come back with ur A'Levels transcript too.
VO: have a nice day..[/b]
That's wat I told him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojooyelakin: 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=Bajah2002]Your visa is already approved bro.i was given ap also when i went for my interview on the 12th of dec...i didnt receive a call or email ontime from them..i had to call them myself a week later and i was told to come and i went on the 23rd and my passport was collected for the visa to be issued.....Am in Obamaland now chilling in the cold .call them this week unfailingly ..I guess they forgot to contact me and God directed me to call them.

Bajah so you are in state now? Hook up with me asap... You didn't gist me anymore...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Bajah2002: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
My oga at the top....thanks for your assistance. .jst got im few days ago oh...will call you later in the day..God bless u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
castrogee: dear
people of nairaland

I have an interview on friday and I to the best of my knowledge have
prepared very well. University of Bridgeport gave me admission with a
GRE test waiver, I have my NECO exams ready, my intended date of travel
is 15th of Jan and its my father that is sponsoring me for a post
graduate studies in Technology Management. the balance on the account
that I will be presenting is well over 20mil, and I am the only
dependent child of my parents as all my brothers are full-time employed.
review my case and advise me on what to take care of during and before
the interview.

Best
Bro, yu've got no problem. The lord is yur strenght. And speaking of NECO, the VO might wanna know y yu didnt present WAEC instead of NECO. Be brave, and just tell 'him yu were sick during WAEC period, and after recovering, you sat for NECO exams....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iFlygerian: 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
Idazbawz: Bro, yu've got no problem. The lord is yur strenght. And speaking of NECO, the VO might wanna know y yu didnt present WAEC instead of NECO. Be brave, and just tell 'him yu were sick during WAEC period, and after recovering, you sat for NECO exams....
Idaz please get at me on fb ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unbounded: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
ALERT!!! LONG POST
Hi nairalanders!! First of, I'd like to thank nairaland and all those who hav mainained its existence, if not wetin i for tok (please pardon d pidgin cry). I'd also like, specifically, 2 acknowledge d amazin contributions of this thread. Now, i can go on and thank d numerous gurus in d house but dat would b redundant and i may do grave injustice 2 som whom i might forget. thus, 2 all dose who readthis thread and who contributes to it, i say a heartfelt "thanks". but i most thank all doze wu where active before august last year, fo it is frm dem dat i really gained from. It has been over 5 months nw since a hav read this thread and this is my 1st tym eva of contributing 2 it, so i urge u guys 2 luk leniently upon me if i do transgress any of d traditions dat characterizes this great thread. one custom dat i do rememba, nd one dat i highly respect is that of returning to pay your dues wen u hav finally gotten wot evryone here is either seeking or has gotten.
My case is a little unconventional, or at least at d time wen i avidly followed this thread, i had several red flags. my mum, 2 brothers, 1 aunt, 2 uncles, 2 cousins all reside in the U.S. I was not sponsored by any of my parents but by my aunt who resides in the U.S. On the day of my interview my aunts foreign bank statements hadnt arrived (U.P.S suffa me sha! undecided), and so i went wit her UBA statement (43million) dat was slightly below dat on my i-20 (45 mills). I had no TOEFL. as u might guage frm all my families abroad, i didnt hav strng ties, heck i had very litl ties(evn my pops is hardly in d country). d day i had the interview was a friday, my i-20 required dat i report 2 my adviser on th following monday(we all knw dat it taks 2 wrking days 2 get ur prodcessd visa). also, i wasnt goig into a STEM program which everybody at d time though was advantageous in getting ur visa(i do nt suggest dat they are wrong, only that it did not do much 2 help confidence at all smiley) lastly, this was my 4th attempt at a visa (the others had been for visiting visas though). before i narrate my interview, let me briefly share my academic status on that day so others may b able to comapar demselves whilst prepping fo d interview (but one sud also take it into consideration dat academics is not the sole measure used by the VOs):
1-20: Rutgers, State University of New Jersey
S.A.T: 1910
High school (grad.2012): B+ avg
WAEC: 2As, 4Bs, 1C
GCE: 5Bs & 2Cs
NECO (honestly, i don forget wetin i get fo dah wan)
was then a 1st year UNIBEN accounting student
On dat beautiful Friday morning (i say beautiful nw, but i'm sure it wasnt all dat beautiful 2 me dat morning! smiley) I got up at about 4am played cool "Amazing Grace" music nd jst tried as much as possible 2 cool my ragged nerves. Finally, I thought, all doze tedious months of preparation, of going 2 beg sometimes unsympathetic teachers fo recommendations, of spending whole days in skull waiting fo ever elusive transcripts, of calling UPS incessantly fo package deliveries, of studying for tests, nd of preparing fo interviews. all doze efforts now depended on the event of a few hours, heck, a few minutes. No pressure, huh!? smiley soon i was dressed in my tucked in long-sleeves and tie(1st time in my life!).
My uncle dropped me off at about 6.30 (my interview was fo 8am). it was d Abuja embassy. some small boys thought dat i was new 2 d game of visa prep. nd tried 2 confuse me wit passport photos and staplers, nd all doze stuff. dem nr knw d kyn drilling wey i learn frm nairaland! grin i jst bone dem (pardon d pidgin pls). anyway, a magnificent-looking girl arrived looking all confused and worried. she was for the 7.30 batch and she hadnt evn ordered her docs. didnt evn knw wich was her i-20! (nairaland good sha!) so as a sharp boy, i started forming scholar in visa issues nd "toasting" her simultaneously (i knw, i knw! bad pikin right wink?) nyway, they called the 7.30 batch, nd i was a littl vexed dat i hadnt collected her number, but d security guy said 8am pips sud fall in too. so as u may well imagine, i imediately joined my "prize"... uhm, i cant quite remember d whole security stuff, but i'm definite its nothing different frm others' experiences here. fast-forward 2 d interview room.
Now i cant quite remember the VOs or their exact cubicles. there was this really cute girl at the furthest end. o how i prayed 2 b called by her! but wen she start ehn! Gott im himmell! i was glad God didnt answer dat my prayer. She asked u like a thousand questions and always came d now inevitable denial. i heard 1 man behind me whisper 2 anoder, "who b dis winch!?" there was also another lady VO wich very likely was a Nigerian she wasnt too harsh, bt she wasnt liberal either. after she'd denied like 5 folks, a boy went 2 her cubicle. i overheard he was going 2 Stanford. Needless 2 say, he did get d visa. then she went on a denying spree! lipsrsealed then there was this cool guy VO. wot i can say about him was he was fair, he didnt seem to hav com wit any premeditated desire 2 sabotage as much dreams as he could (i knw somtimes it seems like dat smiley) anyway, it was him i prayed to Oluwa for. by nw i was d second person afta anoda F-1 visa dude. i need not mention dat i had totally forgotten about d pretty girl besides me! suddenly, the guy VO granted a family visa and called the F-1 fella, and i felt horrible, my chances, i thought were crushed, bcus i felt there was no way he could finish before d other two lady VOs who now seemed positively evil 2 me. while d cute lady VO was busy drillingg 1 man goin fo a conference, d Nigerian looking VO was conducting her longest interview since she came. any moment frm nw, she'll deny dis man, and well, buy buy dreams! bt her interview seemed 2 drag on and on, i began 2 think mayb God put hand fo dis matter! (apologies). then i heard d guy VO ask d boy "what state is you school located in?" for my mind i was like, mptcheww, dis boy don flex na! (apologies again), surprisingly the boy answered "United States"! i was like, WTH! i looked around and it seemed i was d only realizing dis boy's blunder. d VO asked him 2x more, nd he sadly replied with the same. i could see the sadness on the VO's face as he asked the boy for his bank statements. i knew dat he wasnt givin any visa 2 d boy. afta denying him, i quickly ran 2 d guy VOs window, even if d boy was still packing his docs and trying to plea his case. the cute VO was already calling "next applicant!" and i was like "na u sabi, i don get VO". anyway:
VO: morning dude, pass ur docs pls (dis pained me, i really wanted 2 greet 1st)
Me: (passin d usual docs) morning sir, hws ur mornning?
VO: (d guy just bone me o!...after som seconds) what u gonna do in d U.S?
Me: (stammering slightly)i am going 2 d U.S to study in order to earn a bachelor's deg...
Vo: (laughing) O.k, o.k! take it easy, and pls dont recite ur answers 2 me, right? (i nod and smile), what school do u plan to study at?
Me: Rutgers University.
VO: (raises his eyes a little and starts searching fo my i-20)..O! i see... Rutgers huh? (smiles)tell me somethin Rutgers is specially known for.
Me: it is the most diverse university in U.S (at least dats wot the admission brochure and US news review says)
VO: (frowning) no no, they'r not. tell me something they are well known for
Me: (wetin dy worry dis man naa!?) sir, i am quite certain they are d most diverse University in d U.S
VO: they are not! (i was trying to protest) *sigh* never mind, never mind... what state is...
Me: (interrupting) sir are u referring to d fact dat they played d first college football wit Princeton way back?
VO: (looking upwards) Finally! (smiling) what else cud i hav meant (me smiling back, hw i go knw wetin u mean)... anyway, what state is ur skul located?
Me: New Jersey
VO: (rapid typing) where is it located on the map?
Me: North-east of the map of U.S
VO: (looking up) thank u for that, you'r the first 2 hav answered dat accurately since yesterday (i must say dat i learnt of dis question here in nairaland)... Your aunt in the U.S. (Ghen ghen!), where does she stay?
Me: she stays in New jersey sir.
VO: (nods) same state of ur skul (i nod and smile nervously)*continues rapid typing*
ME: (heart running marathon! at least now d stammering had gone)
VO: (still typing) how many skuls did u apply in? and i mean skuls u ACTUALLY APPLIED 2 nd not jst d once u checked out, and please list them.
ME: (nodding)I applied to 5 skuls: New York Uni, Rutgers Uni, Princeton Uni, Montclaire Uni, and University of Benin
VO: (staring me in the eyes like sey we dy quarrel!) hw many did u get into?
Me: 3 of them. Rutgers, Montclaire nd Uniben.
VO: wot about d others?
ME: well i was put on a waitlist in NYU and Princeton denied me (he smiles at this. God punish am smiley!)
VO: (picking up my tests) u did well on ur SATs, tell me, wot was d hardest qstion?
ME: (slight stammering com wan stat again!) i feel it was d essay prompt., wich had 2 do wit the potential for science and technological growth. i am very good at writing essays but this was a littl difficult 2 me probable bcus it is closely related 2 science, while i'm into the business world and am more inclined 2 d social sciences
VO: (nods all tru) i see, this is your high skul testimonials? (points at them and i nod). good (suddenly frowns, shouts) why does it say u got an F in Technical Drawing while in ur waecs certificate there isnt any T.D!?
ME: (taken aback, stamerring) i..i..t.theres a a mistake ssir!
VO: (still shouting) wot do u mean! wot do u mean! its right here!
ME: (naim i vex!) pls let me xplain (he nods) i decided not 2 register fo d T.D xam bcus i felt dat it wasnt goin 2 b relevant in d businss world wich i am interested in( but dat na lie sha, i b dy fail d tin fo SSS.3, d tin tire me sotay i drop am unofficially!). hwever, bcus i was stil a registered student of T.D in my skul, they incorrectly assumed that i took the exam and wen d lady dat prepared my testimonial did not see any T.d scores, she put an F there (this is all true though). u can call my skul principal if u so desire sir, i hav d number right here (searching my wallet, i come prepared sha!)
VO: (looking skeptical) hold on a minute, u are saying...
ME: (interrupting.by this time i don tire fo d whole tin!) yes sir. its a school mistake on d testimonial, my waec certificate is completely original and reflects d tru result.
VO: one minute pls (gets up and goes to call d Nigerian-looking VO and dy discuss fo bout a minute)...(i heard her say,"yes dats perfectly possible, happens a lot arnd here. bt u'v verified d waec right?" and he replied' "yeah don that, i was quite puzzled as to y som1 wit very good grades in all dis tests sud get that F anyway. tanks"wink...(sits) so, do u plan on returning 2 Nigeria?
ME: of course sir, when...
VO: (interrupts) pls press ur index finger on the blah blah blah right there
ME: (did this, and trying to respond to d previous question) when...
VO: (interrupts again) can u do dat again, and try placing it in d middle as exact as u can (stats typing like say tomorrow nr dy!)
ME: sure... i was saying that after i...
VO: (interrupts, e b lyk say d guy b nr jst wan hear me at all!) take these (stats shoving all my docs through the window)
ME: (quite shocked but still talking) O!.. when i finish my...
VO: (smiling) ur visa has jst been approved take.... (i nr hear wetin d guy tok again!)
ME (realizing dat my passport wasnt amongst d docs he passed back, i was completely taken aback, stammering) ttt-ttank you sir, GGGod bless you...(my words faded out as i staggered wit my unpacked docs all over my hands. i think he said somthing like "work hard" but i was too uncomprehending to evn acknowledge dat i heard him.)
as i staggered away from d room, i caught a glimpse at d pretty girl wit the Nigerian lady. didnt kw d outcom though.on a normal day i wud hav surely waited behind to finish what i started wink, but then i was not seeing, i was not hearing, i was not thinking, nr understanding anyting. wan foolish taxi man b wan spoil my day. e say 1000 naira fo drop. I tell am say e nr get sense! lol! d guy was shouting dat bcus i didnt get visa i want to insult him, "small boy like u!" i rememba him saying. i nr jst get e tym, nor did i even undertand what was happenning. i just dy stagger dy go like say i wan trek go haus! i finally did see a taxi drop for 350. me nd the taxi driver just dy laff! e dy tok about e wife, me i jst dy laff fo anoda tin. i didnt even know what on earth he was saying about his wife, we jst dy laff lyk maniacs dy go! in d end i gave him 400 and staggered indoors to stare uncomprehending at the walls for an hour.
notice dat i was not asked fo my bank statements. the interview, hwever long it seems here, was about 5 mins. in this pursuit of visa, one should always acknowledge that hwever wealthy, or powerful or intelligent you or ur parents or guardians are, there is always an added necessity of God. this is my personal view, and i am sure that many here would concur. I hav a close friend, we graduated the same high school, and both got into UNIBEN, and we all played football at his house. His father is amazingly rich, and before i had opportunity 2 get an interview, his father had already gotten him F-1 interview appointments 2wice in a week, nd 1nce d week after. he was denied all three times. while i stared, night and day at the screen waiting fo a spot to open up fo an interview (admittedly, it was my mom's friend who knws hw 2 get these spots that finally got 1 fo me). it was on d single time that i finally got a date, d weekend after wich i was 2 report 2 skul, dat i was granted. so any time, any day, i wud stress dat, it was not all my doing, but that God was involved. I am nt saying dat my friend is nonreligious(he is a good Christian as far as i can tell), i am just speaking fo myself. mind u, i am not even as "holy" as some peopl i knw, but i knw God's hand when i see it, and i hope that he wud get the opportunity to fulfill his dreams too. I also pray, that all you here, and indeed all, who hav a genuine desire 2 fulfill their legitimate dreams be granted the opportunity to do so. Amen
I wud hav loved 2 tell of the funny tale of my whole journey 2 the U.S, especially at the airport, but that wud not only b too lengthy (more than this!) but also irrelevant 2 dis thread. Suffice it to say, that on this very cold day(-15 degree.C), i am waiting to resume my second semester in a couple of weeks after a successful(thank God) first semester.
P.S. i am sorry fo the numerous typos in this. I also apologize fo utilizing pidgin English at times if it is inappropriate. and i apologize in advance fo any digression from the tradition of this thread. God bless.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bajah2002: Your visa is already approved bro.i was given ap also when i went for my interview on the 12th of dec...i didnt receive a call or email ontime from them..i had to call them myself a week later and i was told to come and i went on the 23rd and my passport was collected for the visa to be issued.....Am in Obamaland now chilling in the cold .call them this week unfailingly ..I guess they forgot to contact me and God directed me to call them.

Wow! YAY! *dancing skelewu*

Was it at Abuja? Gimme their number, av mailed them alreay but avnt gotten any reply yet.

Thanks man! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hello all...
A friend of mine wants to go for maritime training in USA. He's a graduate, working in a marine company here in Nigeria. He wants to go for training now. Please Nlanders, help me with any maritime training school in USA. Thanks in advance!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
@unbounded.. Congrat even though you typed this late and i say AMEN to your prayers also..

But i dont know who can write epistle between you and Ricky Rozay..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hello nlers, pls who has used UBA statement of account before for his/her interview?

I was at the bank today, and was told that the A4 statement of acc is not accept for visa interview, that its the long foldable print-out Statement of acc that is accepted. My sponsor actually printed out the A4 type before he travelled. Can I still go with the A4 type?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Bajah2002: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mine was Lagos...

Amefrica:

Wow! YAY! *dancing skelewu*

Was it at Abuja? Gimme their number, av mailed them alreay but avnt gotten any reply yet.

Thanks man! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.