Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454531 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
Congrats! Unbounded but your story is quite long and funny.. Lool.. Please where did you do your previous interviews?? Was it still in Abuja??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Congrats to everyone who got their visas approved. I cannot over-emphasize the power of positive thinking, information from this thread right here and prayers.

For those whose visas are getting approved as I speak type (somebody wey im moniker begin with "A"wink

Go and collect your visa, Amefrica. It is well with you

Aekmanweb what's your feedback? Send me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by roli21: 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=unbounded] ALERT!!! LONG POST
Hi nairalanders!! First of, I'd like to thank nairaland and all those who hav mainained its existence, if not wetin i for tok (please pardon d pidgin cry). I'd also like, specifically, 2 acknowledge d amazin contributions of this thread. Now, i can go on and thank d numerous gurus in d house but dat would b

Congrats dear..pls we dnt mind ..pls u sti owe d house ur journey tale 2 d us..weda d story is longer dan d former o..its nobody concern...we need ur travel xperience 2 inspire us who r sti tryin 2 get 2 obama land...pls do share qucikly...n nice write up u gat n humour 2

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ehen! Been a while since I saw my penn-state brother Nomso
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bajah2002: Mine was Lagos..

Oh! Ok then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
For those whose visas are getting approved as I speak type (somebody wey im moniker begin with "A"wink

Go and collect your visa, Amefrica. It is well with you.

Awww! cheesy Thanks blood, yours is coming soon.. It is well with you too..
#KeepTheHopeAlive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unbounded: 12:01am On Jan 09, 2014
domex007: Congrats! Unbounded but your story is quite long and funny.. Lool.. Please where did you do your previous interviews?? Was it still in Abuja??
grin grin grin yeah i did 2 at the Abuja embassy, and the other at the Lagos consulate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 12:28am On Jan 09, 2014
Congrats Unbounded....Baba God did it for ya..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unbounded: 12:38am On Jan 09, 2014
fadinus: Congrats Unbounded....Baba God did it for ya..
smiley you'v said it all sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:22am On Jan 09, 2014
iamchux: Hello nlers, pls who has used UBA statement of account before for his/her interview?

I was at the bank today, and was told that the A4 statement of acc is not accept for visa interview, that its the long foldable print-out Statement of acc that is accepted. My sponsor actually printed out the A4 type before he travelled. Can I still go with the A4 type?

Listen to what they said to u cos that's their work and that's what they use anyway.

Cant you ask your sponsor to call his/her account officer and issue a new statement for you, maybe it can work out that way!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:28am On Jan 09, 2014
Idazbawz: Hello all...
A friend of mine wants to go for maritime training in USA. He's a graduate, working in a marine company here in Nigeria. He wants to go for training now. Please Nlanders, help me with any maritime training school in USA. Thanks in advance!

Bro everything you always asked here is always for a friend. U get plenty friend oo. LOL

Anyway ask your friend to make google his own friend too and let him search for maritime training or conference in USA via google.

I hope that will help you and your friend?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sndrmrtns: 3:43am On Jan 09, 2014
Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:26am On Jan 09, 2014
sndrmrtns:
Are you Camden or Newark center?
Modify your post, Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:28am On Jan 09, 2014
Amefrica:

Awww! cheesy Thanks blood, yours is coming soon.. It is well with you too..
#KeepTheHopeAlive
Amen!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unbounded: 5:04am On Jan 09, 2014
sndrmrtns:
Are you Camden or Newark center?
smiley I'm in the Newark campus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adroitbabz: 5:29am On Jan 09, 2014
iamchux: Hello nlers, pls who has used UBA statement of account before for his/her interview?

I was at the bank today, and was told that the A4 statement of acc is not accept for visa interview, that its the long foldable print-out Statement of acc that is accepted. My sponsor actually printed out the A4 type before he travelled. Can I still go with the A4 type?

Who says its not accepted?

Its ACCEPTED man...........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 5:47am On Jan 09, 2014
I am fine, any update from the embassy?

Amefrica:

Sure! wink

Howdy bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 7:06am On Jan 09, 2014
All you need to do is to get an extension letter from your school, the letter should state that the school permits you to arrive on or before 24 of Jan. With that, you wouldn't have any problem at the POE.

Have safe trip to Obamaland!

ojking273: Hi all....please my question goes to all the bloggers currently in the states........I intend travelling to the U.S on the 20th jan, about 4 days after the date stated on my I-20 form...(that's 16th jan). Informed the school about it and they are ok as long as I arrive before 24th jan. I want to know if that will present a problem at the POE?
Thanks for your anticipated replies.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2014
unbounded:

Unbounded, pls wat type of UBA SOA did you use then, is it the letterhead A4 or the long foldable type? Tnxxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2014
domex007: Congrats! Unbounded but your story is quite long and funny.. Lool.. Please where did you do your previous interviews?? Was it still in Abuja??

Domex007, you will get your visa for sure be it at london, spain, lagos, or abuja embassy. With the way you ask every student that has got their visa approved, I sense fear (false experience appearing real) in you. Please, don't let your faith in God waver. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Walspring:

Bro everything you always asked here is always for a friend. U get plenty friend oo. LOL

Anyway ask your friend to make google his own friend too and let him search for maritime training or conference in USA via google.

I hope that will help you and your friend?
Bro, tnx 4 yur response... Tseems yu r mistaking me 4 someone else. I've never talked abt a frnd b4. Newaiz, my frnd said he already google it, but getting only UNIVERSITIES. what he needs is MARITIME TRAINING SCHOOLS. Pls help with any school yu knw. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by TyLannister: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 09, 2014
Tochium: I am fine, any update from the embassy?

None yet, calling dem later today..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2014
technolee:
Domex007, you will get your visa for sure be it at london, spain, lagos, or abuja embassy. With the way you ask every student that has got their visa approved, I sense fear (false experience appearing real) in you. Please, don't let your faith in God waver. God bless you.

Thanks bro.. But I can't stand being denied again just have to take the best chances alive and God's favour direct me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sndrmrtns: 11:05am On Jan 09, 2014
unbounded:
Welcome!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2014
unbounded: ALERT!!! LONG POST
Hi nairalanders!! First of, I'd like to thank nairaland and all those who hav mainained its existence, if not wetin i for tok (please pardon d pidgin cry)...............................................................
I wud hav loved 2 tell of the funny tale of my whole journey 2 the U.S, especially at the airport, but that wud not only b too lengthy (more than this!) but also irrelevant 2 dis thread. Suffice it to say, that on this very cold day(-15 degree.C), i am waiting to resume my second semester in a couple of weeks after a successful(thank God) first semester.
P.S. i am sorry fo the numerous typos in this. I also apologize fo utilizing pidgin English at times if it is inappropriate. and i apologize in advance fo any digression from the tradition of this thread. God bless.

Congrats bro, we fit use ds ur epistle act nollywood......lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2014
Ty Lannister: Hi guys. Good morning. And happy new year o. Thanks, OP and all contributors and enquirers, for this very helpful thread. Na God go bless una well well.

Please I've a question or maybe a few questions:

Is there a problem with getting a visa for undergraduate study in the US if you're in your late twenties and have no previous degree?

I keep seeing high school academic records as one of the requirements for admission into undergraduate degree programs. I finished high school more than ten years ago and I didn't have impressive records. But I went some way in tertiary institutions. I just didn't finish my degree and my records weren't very good either. Is there a way around this requirement? What can I do?

Will appreciate any help. Thanks.

Bro you can get your visa with Gods' grace and mercy cos age doesnt matter when God want to favour u and show u mercy.

Also you need waec result in order to get admitted for undergraduate studies.

Since you dont have impressive record why dont you create one like saying you went for computer course and you have work experience, and the work experience is related to the undergraduate course you want to go for, many more record you can say.

With God, prayer, fasting, confidence, good reasons to convince the VO, with a good preparation you will get your visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Idazbawz: Bro, tnx 4 yur response... Tseems yu r mistaking me 4 someone else. I've never talked abt a frnd b4. Newaiz, my frnd said he already google it, but getting only UNIVERSITIES. what he needs is MARITIME TRAINING SCHOOLS. Pls help with any school yu knw. Thanks!

Okay bro and am sorry for mistaking you for someone else.

Lets start from here, how many months or years maritime training did your friend wanted to go for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
Congrats to everyone who got their visas approved. I cannot over-emphasize the power of positive thinking, information from this thread right here and prayers.

Go and collect your visa, Amefrica. It is well with you

Aekmanweb what's your feedback? Send me a PM.
v.2.0 baba...gonna e-mail you now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hello good folks, pls I need a clarification on something: as someone who intends to do PhD in the US, do I need to send my MSc transcript to WES? Is the Wes thing only for transfer students?

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Canme4u(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
gringrin ALL IS WELL cheesycheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by TyLannister: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.