Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454667 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
@imperiouxx, walspring and all great guys doing grt work on this thread, God bless you. Wen do admission outcomes surface for fall 2014 (graduate) and seeking GA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Walahi! I don eat this post..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
Walspring:

I say a big Amen to that cos me self dey pray and fast for my guy over here!

Awwww embarassed cry embarassed Heaven knows I cant thank you enough.. cry Thanks so much brotherly. We shall celebrate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
castrogee: THE TRANSCRIPT OF MY VISA INTERVIEW
My number is 212
V.O
: Good morning (beaming with smile) how are you?
Me: I am very fine and you?
V.O: Ehm good (looked at the computer raised my form i-20 and started going through it) you are going to America right?
Me: Yeah that’s correct.
V.O: So what are you going to do in America?
Me: I am going to America for my MSc studies in Technology Management at the university of Bridgeport Connecticut.
V.O: Ehm why did you choose UB (kept going thru my i-20)
Me: From the result of the random searches I conducted online I discovered that UB has a good faculty ratio; a faculty ratio of 14:1 I consider it a good faculty ratio because it will give me quicker access to my college lecturers; also the tuition fee is affordable; a tuition fee of $16,000 to me is something that we can readily afford, furthermore UB is a good research institution with great laboratory like the renewable energy laboratory. But more importantly I had correspondence with some college professors such as Christian Bach, Neil Lewis and
V.O: (cuts in and started smiling and nodding his head approvingly) it ok; its ok …. Ehm so what course did you do in undergraduate?
Me: I did Computer Engineering.
V.O: Ok why did you change from Computer Engineering to Tech Management?
Me: Because Tech Management suits my career goals in the sense that it gives me the opportunity of writing the statement of work for all the personnel involved within the technology spectrum. Note also that as an engineer the knowledge of Tech Management will make me a hot cake in the labour industry because I will be seen as both an operator and also a manger. Furthermore Tech managers are in high demand in the market take for instance the revolution going on in the power sector when these power companies come fully on stream they will need the services of Tech Manager to manage their industries and turbines.
V.O: How many universities did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three Universities namely: UB, Howard University and NT&AT University
V.O: (kept nodding his head) ok good; good so why didn’t you want to pursue your MSc in Howard or NT & AT?
Me: First, Howard didn’t give me admissions it was only NT&AT that gave me admission. I choose UB because as an African I understand UB is amongst the most racially diverse universities in America.
V.O (nodding his head) ok good, so who will be paying for your tuition fee?
Me: My dad, do I show you his bank statement?
V.O: No, no; don’t worry (kept smiling and nodding) ehm you said your dad will be paying your tuition fee?
Me: Exactly both the tuition fee and the living expenses.
V.O: Good (at this juncture I was becoming certain that my visa will turn-out positive) ok what does your dad do for a living?
Me: My dad is a medical doctor with ……………………………as his clinic.
V.O: (he looked at me for some seconds say 4-5sec and started typing stuff in the computer) your dad is a medical doctor?
Me: Exactly
V.O: Pick up your passport on Thursday. Congratulations wish you safe trip! (handed me with the white paper)

Congrat bro.. Wishing you a nice stay in Obamaland...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
phemix: @imperiouxx, walspring and all great guys doing grt work on this thread, God bless you. Wen do admission outcomes surface for fall 2014 (graduate) and seeking GA

Thanks for the compliment.. As for admission outcome and GA, it depend on your school, i will suggest that you try check your school website to know know more about that or contact the international student unit and make inquiry on that either by mailig them or calling them.

You can wait as from mid february or early march for fall admission outcome should surface because by then school will have time for new applicant for fall cos right now shcools are attending to fresh spring students
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by centpado(m): 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
My number is 212
V.O
V.O: Ehm good (looked at the computer raised my form i-20 and started going through it) you are going to America right?
Me: I am going to America for my MSc studies in Technology Management at the university of Bridgeport Connecticut.
Me: From the result of the random searches I conducted online I discovered that UB has a good faculty ratio; a faculty ratio of 14:1 I consider it a good faculty ratio because it will give me quicker access to my college lecturers; also the tuition fee is affordable; a tuition fee of $16,000 to me is something that we can readily afford, furthermore UB is a good research institution with great laboratory like the renewable energy laboratory. But more importantly I had correspondence with some college professors such as Christian Bach, Neil Lewis and
V.O: (cuts in and started smiling and nodding his head approvingly) it ok; its ok …. Ehm so what course did you do in undergraduate?
Me: Because Tech Management suits my career goals in the sense that it gives me the opportunity of writing the statement of work for all the personnel involved within the technology spectrum. Note also that as an engineer the knowledge of Tech Management will make me a hot cake in the labour industry because I will be seen as both an operator and also a manger. Furthermore Tech managers are in high demand in the market take for instance the revolution going on in the power sector when these power companies come fully on stream they will need the services of Tech Manager to manage their industries and turbines.
Me: I applied to three Universities namely: UB, Howard University and NT&AT University
V.O: (kept nodding his head) ok good; good so why didn’t you want to pursue your MSc in Howard or NT & AT?
Me: First, Howard didn’t give me admissions it was only NT&AT that gave me admission. I choose UB because as an African I understand UB is amongst the most racially diverse universities in America.
V.O: No, no; don’t worry (kept smiling and nodding) ehm you said your dad will be paying your tuition fee?
V.O: Good (at this juncture I was becoming certain that my visa will turn-out positive) ok what does your dad do for a living?
V.O: (he looked at me for some seconds say 4-5sec and started typing stuff in the computer) your dad is a medical doctor?
V.O: Pick up your passport on Thursday. Congratulations wish you safe trip! (handed me with the white paper)
congrats wish u success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Amefrica:

Awwww embarassed cry embarassed Heaven knows I cant thank you enough.. cry Thanks so much brotherly. We shall celebrate.

Amen, we will surely celebrate cos this is our year of Advancement!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Walspring:

Amen, we will surely celebrate cos this is our year of Advancement!

Sure bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
Walspring:

Thanks for the compliment.. As for admission outcome and GA, it depend on your school, i will suggest that you try check your school website to know know more about that or contact the international student unit and make inquiry on that either by mailig them or calling them.

You can wait as from mid february or early march for fall admission outcome should surface because by then school will have time for new applicant for fall cos right now shcools are attending to fresh spring students

Yeah.. You are right, school are busy attending to spring semester students
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seunmatt: 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
People, I heard about a school IGlobal. Do anyone know anything about it.
I need answers fasT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
I'm so happy for all the people posting their transcripts of d gud news. Enjoy Obamaland
@Amefrica,fear not cos God is with U nd will never let U down.
Pls my gud pple,how reputable is University of Central Oklahoma?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
seun.matt:
People, I heard about a school IGlobal. Do anyone know anything about it.
I need answers fasT

You can run a fast check on it babe.. But i'm kinda sure it's the red flag type.. the name sef na die
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
bimbola85: I'm so happy for all the people posting their transcripts of d gud news. Enjoy Obamaland
@Amefrica,fear not cos God is with U nd will never let U down.
Pls my gud pple,how reputable is University of Central Oklahoma?

Amen oo! Thanks so much brah..

That school is more than good bro. You are very good to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by namamama: 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
jaskinbo: Hello Gurus in the house..... Pls help with this. is Virginia Tech a good school and hope the VOs ddidn't have any problem with the school?

It is a very good school especially for engineering.I have couple of friends at that school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Amefrica:

Amen oo! Thanks so much brah..

That school is more than good bro. You are very good to go

Yw broda nd thanks too for d info abt UCO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
bimbola85:

Yw broda nd thanks too for d info abt UCO

My great pleasure! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
Thank u Lord kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Frizzle: New box, winter jacket, winter shoe (Timberland),e.t.c.. Everything don set now make nextweek come quickly make Frizzle fly oversea...... Thank u Lord

Nah so ooo.. Here you come Obamaland!

Wishing you safe trip in advance!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
Frizzle: New box, winter jacket, winter shoe (Timberland),e.t.c.. Everything don set now make nextweek come quickly make Frizzle fly oversea...... Thank u Lord

Eazy bro! grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Frizzle: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Congrats bro on ur visa approval. I am now convinced that UB isn't a RED FLAG at the embassy. I was denied last month, hopefully i will join u by fall. I would like to keep in touch with you.

Note that UB is offering free airport pickup from JFK from 13th-15th. Hurry and make your reservation, that would save about $75 for you.

Have a safe trip to New England!

My number is 212
V.O
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Frizzle: Ehn ehn GOD is good.... Your voice be like Dbanj own shey Dbanj na ur brother ni

grin grin No be you go first talk am bro grin grin..
That's how my voice is on phone jaree, wetin man pikin go do?! You sef sound like 2face grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
Tochium: Congrats bro on ur visa approval. I am now convinced that UB isn't a RED FLAG at the embassy. I was denied last, hopefully i will join u by fall this year. I would like to keep in touch with you.

It was never a Red Flag, It's only being funded by mammons (worshippers) I think..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
OK!

Still waiting for the good news!
Amefrica:

It was never a Red Flag, It's only being funded by mammons (worshippers) I think..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
Tochium: OK!

Still waiting for the good news!

grin grin grin grin
It's sure on the way! Thanks main man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:19am On Jan 11, 2014
From the Culinologist, to the Mustang, to the Technology Manager, to the Petroleum Geologist, and the Public Administrator who all got their visas approved, I say a very big congratulations.

You are all welcome to the United States of America. Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:22am On Jan 11, 2014
Amefrica:

I think you need to add "fasting" to your prayers, we are all eager to hear the good news. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:44am On Jun 27, 2014
Mehn!....This is bad!...Nairaland Just lost a massive portion of Part 5 and all of Part 6!..."Daris God o!".... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2014
Hackers are liable to die young!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2014
All are you all doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:54am On Jun 27, 2014
Amefrica: Hackers are liable to die young!

Brotherly, i tire o....Nairaland's home to many - A digital Nigerian community...You can find info on virtually any topic....Many have made friends,made e-enemies, found love and made the right choices all based on information available on nairaland. Why would someone or a group of persons want to destroy all that value?

Lets observe one minute of silence for all the lost interview transcripts and valuable information.

In other news, make una drop una interview Transcripts....Life must go......No hacker fashioned against this community of ours shall prosper.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.