Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454552 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Zeezahbee, when did I say his visa would be revoked? Please do not misquote me and put me in a bad light. I have said this before to Juntod and I will say it again, I am aware the DS-160 loses some of it's notability and relevance once the subject "enters" the States. I was referring to the I-20 he used for his visa interview. Do well to read and understand my post.

The bolded, A permitted and acknowledged transfer must be made before a student of F1 status can be allowed to resume in another school other than the one he got entry with. If you indeed know anyone who has done like you stated without transfer, then by all means let that person know that if he/she is found out, she/he will be sent back to Nigeria pronto.

Dahfweshdude, I will advise you to table your issue at the embassy since you are sure the I-20 you used for your positive visa interview wasn't Cameron's and some information (like the name of the school you gave) differs from the information the embassy processd . If you insist on "carrying-go", you are O.Y.O. Simple!

I don talk finish.
What am trying to say is there's no big deal in what happened, even the consulate will tell him same ( he should rectify the school issh wit sevis and travel with both schools i20). Informing the consulate or not, he's good to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
zeezahbee: What am trying to say is there's no big deal in what happened, even the consulate will tell him same ( he should rectify the school issh wit sevis and travel with both schools i20). Informing the consulate or not, he's good to go

Zee, I have made my point clear. What do you do when you pay in NGN30,000 into your account and the bank registers it as NGN29,000. If you can answer this then you will have no problem understanding my point.

I am not in a particularly good mood owing to Nigeria's loss so I will not dwell further on this issue. Advice has been given, it is Dahfweshdude's decision to make now. I will be praying for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
zeezahbee: sent home for what ? Give reasons ?
Him, not you sorry. I hate to write much. Just ask VO. Having a visa is not a guarantee you enter the country especially if your information is inconsistent. Database is paramount. Americans don't play with information database.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Zee, I have made my point clear. What do you do when you pay in NGN30,000 into your account and the bank registers it as NGN29,000. If you can answer this then you will have no problem understanding my point.

It is his decision to make anyway.

This issue has nothing to do with consulate. Which ever school you indicate on the sevis payment is the school you are being processed for. He has been processed for Cameron. He should enter the US with that I-20 if it is still valid. No need complicating issues.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Plenty embassy official. Call your sis and ask her which school code she filled in your sevis receipt. Be very careful, stamping your visa doesnt automatically grant direct entry as any inconsistencies can still get you a free return ticket.

I am a novice o

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

This issue has nothing to do with consulate. Which ever school you indicate on the sevis payment is the school you are being processed for. He has been processed for Cameron. He should enter the US with that I-20 if it is still valid. No need complicating issues.

I have already addressed this issue. If you are still not satisfied with my responses so far, then help yourself to Joenice's and Slimmy's. The only thing that will complicate issues is the inconsistency between the information he gave and the one the embassy processed. This is why I advised he rectify it before travelling. Enough said.

Joenice: Him, not you sorry. I hate to write much. Just ask VO. Having a visa is not a guarantee you enter the country especially if your information is inconsistent. Database is paramount. Americans don't play with information database.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I am not in a particularly good mood owing to Nigeria's loss so I will not dwell further on this issue. Advice has been given, it is Dahfweshdude's decision to make now. I will be praying for him.
Gravvy, it won't hurt if he tells the consulate or not. All na same, consulate won't give another visa, they will only tell him to transfer. Am not saying he shouldn't inform the embassy. Anyways dafweshdude follow your heart
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I have already addressed this issue. If you are still not satisfied, then read Joenice's and Slimmy's

Well, we Nigerians have to be extra careful most times. A Canadian or British won't worry about this. Like I earlier said, no harm in contacting the consulate. Its the best bet but to me, its not necessary in this scenario.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
Joenice: Him, not you sorry. I hate to write much. Just ask VO. Having a visa is not a guarantee you enter the country especially if your information is inconsistent. Database is paramount. Americans don't play with information database.
ignored
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
zeezahbee: Gravvy, it won't hurt if he tells the consulate or not. All na same, consulate won't give another visa, they will only tell him to transfer. Am not saying he shouldn't inform the embassy. Anyways dafweshdude follow your heart

I disagree with you.

Inconsistency in information is frowned at by the US and shouldn't be encouraged here.

Being aware that the information given and the one processed doesn't align and still carrying on with your travel plans can be considered as withholding information and this is a violation and can easily get you a cozy return trip back to the Land of the Super Eagles.

I sent you an email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
slimmy05: I don't think you will be permitted to write on
exploration geophysics considering the fact that its bsc(edu). You will
only be allowed to write on physics as it relates to education. I might
be wrong, except it differs by school.
Tnx for that, We are permited to wrt on Physics topics, Education, And also on Physics as related to Edu, Though some of my colleagues wrote on wot you said, and I'm stil contemplatin on writin somtin similar to Physics as related to Edu, Bt jst wish to ask, If that wont have any effect on my applicatn for RA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

Well, we Nigerians have to be extra careful most times. A Canadian or British won't worry about this. Like I earlier said, no harm in contacting the consulate. Its the best bet but to me, its not necessary in this scenario.
Like seriously, seems they don't understand . Several people on this thread have entered the US with a visa bearing a school name and resume in another school, no POE will send you back or consulate will revoke your visa for that. Transfer is legal and as long as you resume in a school, you are still on status. He's even lucky both school are located in oklahoma. Well let's wait for the reply from the consulate, dafweshdude aint the first that will have this issh. I will appreciate if he inform us of the consulate reply and it will be the same thing I have said ( he should go with the cameron visa and i20 and transfer to north eastern).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I disagree with you.

Inconsistency in information is frowned at by the US and shouldn't be encouraged here.

Being aware that the information given and the one processed doesn't align and still carrying on with your travel plans can be considered as withholding information and this is a violation and can easily get you a cozy return trip back to the Land of the Super Eagles.

I sent you an email.
let the dude follow his heart jawe. Replied your email already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
I sent an email to this address (LagosStudentVisas@state.gov)....yet to get a reply.. please is Dat the right address... although Cameron replied and said no problem that the consulate already notified them about my approval and I should send my ticket information to them for pick up...I just want to avoid Any form of complication
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by govman4: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
joedrae: Hi house,

I'm new here but I've been following this thread for some days now. I'm actually a graduate of Physics Electronics with cgpa of 3.29/5.00 but 3.18/4.00(using WES calculator), I'm yet to write my GRE but hope to do so in september. i want to pursue a Phd(because of funding) admission in Nanotechnology or Renewable Energy OR a Master's Degree in Renewable energy(falls under Electrical Engineering Dept) provided I'll get funding(maybe Graduate assistant or Research assistant) covering about 70% or more of my fees.

Do you think its possible to get a PhD position?

Do you think its possible to get Msc position with adequate Funding?

Do you think its possible to move successfully from Physics Electronics to Electrical Engineering field?

Hope the schools won't say since I don't have my 1st degree in Elect Elect, I won't be able to further there?

Thanks for your responses.

Waiting!
pls,did u used WES calculator to do d calculation 4 ursef or u fwd ur transcript to WES directly for evaluation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
calmdown: My VISA was approved at the US Consulate in Lagos this morning. The interview was very swift. I think it lasted for just a minute.

Me - Good morning (with a calm smile)
VO - Morning, How did you get to know about this School?
Me - I researched online and with the help of my mentor
VO - You researched Online? How do you me? What Website??
Me - I went to thegradcafedotcom after my Mentor had told me about the school.
VO - Which other school did you applied To?
Me - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Stanford University.
VO - Wow! You have graduate assistantship?
Me - (I saw that as an opportunity to praise myself). Sure! In the Value of $34,448. It fully cover my tuition, insurance, fees, and part of my living expenses.
VO - Who is paying the Rest?
Me - My mentor and myself.
VO - Why is your Mentor sponsoring You?
Me - I had straight 'A's in all the courses he taught my class while I was a sophomore. Those courses seem much a had nut to crack for most of my peers. Since then, he has been nurturing me both academically and financially.
VO - I see... Are you married?
Me - Yes, with a Kid!
VO - I have approved your VISA.
Me - Thank You! I am grateful.

The only document he looked at was my GRE scorecard.

Please note: it's all because God allowed it ooo. The same guy that interviewed me denied the first three people he interviewed and like four just before me. He only approved 3 VISA before my turn. I was actually praying he should not be the one to interview me not knowing that God's plan for me is unshakable. I thank God for that! He was the first to open his Window. Overall, I thank God for His mercy.
congrats bro...ds is purely God's favor. Ride on bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
clefstone: First of all, i ve neva travelled pass cotonou before nd neva had an int'l passport before.
Now, i just got an invitation to attend a conference in NY.
On the invitation letter, my title, surname nd native names were written but not my middle name
Most of my documents carry all 3 of my names
Now i am in d process of making an int'l passport, should i use all d names that appear on my documents or the names on the invitation letter
Another thing, i lost the original of my birth certificate nd hv been using photocopies, are they going to request for the originals at the embassy?

Use your real names that you have on your birth certificate or school documents because of future reference... That's my own advice for you ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
zeezahbee: let the dude follow his heart jawe. Replied your email already

That's fine. Replied the mail in turn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by joedrae(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
govman4:
pls,did u used WES calculator to do d calculation 4 ursef or u fwd ur transcript to WES directly for evaluation

I used their calculator. I'm yet to forward my transcript for evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello NLers,

I'm confused about something...
I'm going to the US for flight training.
I have my visa interview coming up on the 7th of July after an initial refusal in may this year. Now the DS 160 I filled has my Mom as my sponsor but last last week an Airline company agreed to sponsor me and give me a job when I return.

I Do not have all this info in the DS160 I filled and submitted. Can I fill another one with this new development with the company as my sponsor.

Or should I use them as a co sponsor and still go with my mom's statement of account.

Or should I just go for interview with the DS160 I already filled an submitted.

Urgent responses need please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by clefstone(m): 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
k.thanx
Walspring:

Use your real names that you have on your birth certificate or school documents because of future reference... That's my own advice for you ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
Sponge3: Justwise I second u....people like me are still in The struggle oooh. Abeg my senior men answer our pertinent questions! Amerfrica, I sight u.
Boss mi, I gentle pass oo. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
guys
i just paid for wes evaluation using my UBA Mastercard but i didnt get any debit alert.

Hope nothing is wrong though...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
@Stewee,i think the airline company should have it in writing that they are willing and able to sponsor your training in the United States;then grant you an employment upon your return to Nigeria.
That's a great home-tie and then you should use your mom as a co-sponsor.
All the best on the 7th of July.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
bbdd: guys
i just paid for wes evaluation using my UBA Mastercard but i didnt get any debit alert.

No problem. You will get the alert. International debit alerts sometimes delay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
Stewee: Hello NLers,

I'm confused about something...
I'm going to the US for flight training.
I have my visa interview coming up on the 7th of July after an initial refusal in may this year. Now the DS 160 I filled has my Mom as my sponsor but last last week an Airline company agreed to sponsor me and give me a job when I return.

I Do not have all this info in the DS160 I filled and submitted. Can I fill another one with this new development with the company as my sponsor.

Or should I use them as a co sponsor and still go with my mom's statement of account.

Or should I just go for interview with the DS160 I already filled an submitted.

Urgent responses need please.

Are you already a staff of the airline? If not, be ready to explain why they want to sponsor you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 11:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

No problem. You will get the alert. International debit alerts sometimes delay.

ok bro. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
bbdd: guys

Dont worry.... tomorrow afternoon you will get it before 4pm...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 01, 2014
Happy new month my nairaland brothers and sisters.
May the month of July,be a month of testimonies.
May we the fall students going for our interviews this month bring back smiles and testimonies.
Amen!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zenzen: 12:40am On Jul 01, 2014
Hello house,anybody havin his or her interview in abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 2:25am On Jul 01, 2014
Joenic: Him, not you sorry. I hate to write much. Just ask VO. Having a visa is not a guarantee you enter the country especially if your information is inconsistent. Database is paramount. Americans don't play with information database.

The bold is so true. Inconsistency is a big red flag when it comes to United States and her database. Visiting the embassy and lodging your complains wouldn't harm you...

Don't take chances!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 2:38am On Jul 01, 2014
STENON: Tnx for that, We are permited to wrt on Physics topics, Education, And also on Physics as related to Edu, Though some of my colleagues wrote on wot you said, and I'm stil contemplatin on writin somtin similar to Physics as related to Edu, Bt jst wish to ask, If that wont have any effect on my applicatn for RA

Inasmuch as you're writing on physics as related to education, chipping in geophysics shouldn't be a bad idea. Tho that's not my field, so pardon me if what i wrote doesn't sound like what you wanna hear...

Success!

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.