Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455258 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
Travel document number
Travel book number
What does this means
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
decreamaster: Travel document number
Travel book number
What does this means

Not applicable. We use passport in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
slimmy05: grin

Dem dey do you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
juntod:

Dem dey do you?
tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Interview was for 7am....the whole interview is not up to 3mins...details below:

Me: Goodmorning

vo: why Tamuc?

Me: (Rushing to download) Tamuc has been national recognized for its MS-management program (cut in)

Vo: Take it easy and relax, what criteria did you use

Me: i check for their ranking on usnews, check the school curriculum, faculty ratio

vo: how many schools did u apply to?

me: 3 tamuc, troy, and GBC

vo: u going for MBA...

Me; (Quickly replied) No sir, Msc
vo: your I-20 stated MBA.

me: Sir, when i got the i20 , i immediately sent a mail to the school to inform them and the replied that its still Msc, but that's what they call it

vo: requested for the mail exchange
me: gave him, with my admission letter indicating that am to do Ms-management

vo: Any standardized test

me: gave him my gre n ielts result, notifying him that gre was waived tho.
vo: whats your highest level of education?
me: MBA
VO: You have MBA, why Msc again
Me: MBA is different from msc, mba is professional and no research or thesis is done during mba, and mba is taught based on established principle...why msc is academic, research intensive and i really need a broad theoretical knowledge and research in my current job...cut in
vo: you did your mba in Turkey or Cyprus
me: Cyprus
vo: was the teaching in turkish language or english
me: english
vo: you speak turkish?
me: yes sir, cos i enrolled in turkish language school during my mba
vo: (speaks turkish)
me: sorry i didnt hear u well
vo: repeated d turkish word
me: replied back in turkish
vo: smiled...
me: so you speak turkish?
vo: we all speak various languages..
vo: whos sponsoring you
me: father
vo: do u have his bank statement?
me: yes ..i gave him
vo: are you married?
me: no
vo: u have any kids
vo: ok pick up your visa...bla bla bla...

he gave me a white paper and i said thank you...

It is just God, I was so favored. special thanks to all that have contributed to my success..i appreciate you all.

God never fails.. Try Him

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Got a little late to the embassy, got into the queue and I was flustered. Surprised when I still got A054.ok, straight to the interview.

Me:good morning (I don tire for sir)
Vo:good morning.
Vo: you are Raymond right
Me:yes
Vo:so you are going for your masters?
Me:sure
Vo:mathematics?
Me:mathematics and statistics
Vo:sfasu?
Vo:y this school?
Me: the curriculum is structured in such a way that it fits my academic aspirations, it has a lot of interdisciplinary courses from my computer science neighbors. I also had a lot of correspondence with professor blah blah who was very interested in my area of research interest: non parametric statistics and it's applicafions.
Vo:good
Vo:so what is this course going to do for u?
Me: actually it directly relates to my line of my present work. ..cuts me
Vo: so u work?
Me: yes
Vo: so what do u do
Me: I am a statistical data analyst
Vo:tell me what u do, ok?
Me: I construct econometric mathematical models for various companies.
Vo:give me an example
Me: gave.
Vo: who is sponsoring u
Me: I have a ga position
Vo:so how are u going to cover the rest
Me: my two elder siblings will foot the bill.
Vo: I am going to have to hold your passport. .pick up your visa........

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
dimmy08: Interview was for 7am....the whole interview is not up to 3mins...details below:

Me: (Rushing to download) Tamuc has been national recognized for its MS-management program (cut in)

Me: i check for their ranking on usnews, check the school curriculum, faculty ratio

me: Sir, when i got the i20 , i immediately sent a mail to the school to inform them and the replied that its still Msc, but that's what they call it

Me: MBA is different from msc, mba is professional and no research or thesis is done during mba, and mba is taught based on established principle...why msc is academic, research intensive and i really need a broad theoretical knowledge and research in my current job...cut in

It is just God, I was so favored. special thanks to all that have contributed to my success..i appreciate you all.

Nice transcripts! Finally I'm seeing someone who studied in NC cheesy Mehrahaba.. Nasin? Tebrikler baba abi..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
honeyad:

Nice transcripts! Finally I'm seeing someone who studied in NC cheesy Mehrahaba.. Nasin? Tebrikler baba

Tesekuler abla...sen nasil?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
dimmy08:

Tesekuler abla...sen nasil?

Iyim abi.. Tesekuler.. Where u heading to bro? Nerede abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
dimmy08: Interview was for 7am....the whole interview is not up to 3mins...details below:

Sponge3: Got a little late to the embassy, got into the queue and I was flustered.

Congratulations. Welcome on board.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
Dimmyo8, sponge3.....Congrats and enjoy ur staying in America....

@Streetmic....God is really at work for you......I like ur Faith....Keep it up...This your Last attempt has now made you a winner..........Congratulations on your Visa Approval

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
streetMic: I thank Jesus for this 1 and every other. He is the supreme. I came late in my native.

VO: u are no...
me: yes sir.
vo: u are going 4 a bachelor degree in what?
me: no sir, am going 4 a master degree in bla...
vo: ok .. u did an unerG here?
me : yes.
vo: have any proof 4 DAT?
me: yes..
vo: Leme see(I pass am my cert)
vo: y u changing fields.
me: no sir, am not changing fields. media n communications is a field in theatre arts..and Dats where I majord . I have my underg transcript as proof.
Vo: OK which skools did u apply to
me: uni sf, Uniben, uni troy and Au Skool of comm
vo: y choices of diz Skool cos I can't see any similarities in em
me: dere are similarities. cos dey all ofa Masters in comm.
vo: so what did Uniben do 2 u?(me I blab plenty tin wey I no fit rememba BT still sweet n on point. vo look me as I Tok am finish come say I asked a different question)
me: oh sorry let me get d question again
vo: repeats question
me: I actually resumed but was not OK wit d standard I was getting so i withdrew n applied to skools in USA where my parents can afford and I will be back here to contribute 2 d growth of Nigeria.
vo: so did u meet anybody 4rm d Skool?
me: I spoke wit d admission officer of the school n some the head of graduate studies of my dept. Dr..
vo: y didn't u write GRE cos it seems all d Skool did not ask.
me: dey actually needed it but I sent em my underG transcript n NYSC performance sheet and afta dey evaluated em GRE was waived but I sat TOEFL.
vo: lemme see (I pass am)
vo: when did u write diz?
me: I call date com add cos we had issues wit our centres in naija
vo: what do ur parent do?
me: mum is into pet biz n she a perm sec in my state.
vo: OK visa approved pick it on Monday.
me: (Thank u Jesus) thank u sir.

God was on it all through. tanx 2 u all, Juntod, wall spring, Graviton,Olumide(daily manas),exxy . got it in Lagos. don't go with prepared ansas.jux go ready to answer . n go with God

Congrats........StreetMic

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Walspring: @Graviton2

Someone is heading to texas... do you like traveling mate?
Yes sir. It will be pleasure to join u guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2014

Congrats dimmy....I enjoyed ur transcript especially the language part. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nikiihardehx(f): 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
slimmy05: How old are you. There is nothing impossible for God, but be ready to help yourself answer and convince the VO. I know you've actually read the warnings.
dependn on GOD!!! Bin compilin sum questns nd answrs gathered frm dz thread and USnews.com abt ma intendn college nd course... Wil post wen am thru so u gurus can go thru nd help!!! Kinda scared tho!! Bt bv there's nofin impossibl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sponge3: Got a little late to the embassy, got into the queue and I was flustered. Surprised when I still got A054.ok, straight to the interview.

Me:good morning (I don tire for sir)
Vo:good morning.
Vo: you are Raymond right
Vo:so you are going for your masters?
Me:sure
Vo:mathematics?
Me:mathematics and statistics
Vo:sfasu?
Vo:y this school?
Me: the curriculum is structured in such a way that it fits my academic aspirations, it has a lot of interdisciplinary courses from my computer science neighbors. I also had a lot of correspondence with professor blah blah who was very interested in my area of research interest: non parametric statistics and it's applicafions.
Vo:good
Vo:so what is this course going to do for u?
Me: actually it directly relates to my line of my present work. ..cuts me
Vo: so u work?
Me: yes
Vo: so what do u do
Me: I am a statistical data analyst
Vo:tell me what u do, ok?
Me: I construct econometric mathematical models for various companies.
Vo:give me an example
Me: gave.
Vo: who is sponsoring u
Me: I have a ga position
Vo:so how are u going to cover the rest

Congrats Sponge......All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
Amerinancy: Her interview

VO: hello

Me: hi how u doin?

VO: (didn't reply)why do u you want to go to the states?

Me:I want to......

VOsadcuts in) is kingdom books sponsoring you?

Me:Well ma dad has worked der for ova yrs before even I was born nd he is Actually recognized as a board member

VO:wat position does he hold?

Me: he is a sales executive

VO:is he da sales executive fir da ova all company?
wat position does he hold
Me: he is a sales executive

Vo:is he da sales executive fir da ova all company?

Vo:so y dyu wanna study in da states

Me:well I would like to further my studies nd so I did some research on skulls dat suit my academic aspirations nd I saw dat us education was da best in da world due to improved logistics nd facilities

VO: dats nice So y superficially madona university?

Me: well madona suits my academic career nd aspirations nd according to the USA news madona is currently one of da best schools in USA nd also their population per class is like 12-15 so much attention would be given to me

VO: dats nice So have u paid ur sevis fee??

Me: yes please but I haven't received da confirmation yet

VO: when did you pay?

Me: last week thursday

VO: oo ok due to da fact dat u haven't paid ur sevis fee, u will hv o come bk tomoro wen u get ur sevis fee at 1:30pm but I think dat it will come like nxt week so u can come next week with all ur documents ok?

Me: ok thank you

VO:goodluck

This transcript sweet die it was Gods favour no documents just like play play talk
Sevis fee payment alert just came 10 mins ago so will be goin morrow to show reciept and collect pick up letter jare make una help us shout praise tha lord!!! And make una pray 4 me mine is coming up soon

Congrats..
Is she being sponsored by a company??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
Rijo02:

Congrats dimmy....I enjoyed ur transcript especially the language part. All the best
Thanks Rijo02
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
TheDim: Hello House....Does anyone have an Idea on how many times I can cancel an already Scheduled Visa Appointment?

Twice or Thrice... I think the 3rd time is when you wont be able to cancel again but just be careful like they told you earlier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishowdels(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sponge3:

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishowdels(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
dimmy08:
Thanks Rijo02

Congrats bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
streetMic:

your visa is ready sir go pick it up 4rm d circled address

Amen!!! Amen!!! Amen!!! In the name of Jesus..

Thanks boss #Onelove...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
Idazbawz: lol.... we no loud d wedding... na coded one

Badt guy.... No lele but i miss una wedding food ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sponge3:

Are you also going to Texas and do stay in Lagos or Ibadan ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Walspring:

Texas people, wen do u guys plan to move?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
domex007:

Congrats..
Is she being sponsored by a company??
no her dad. Her popsi get mouth 4 the company. She went to the embassy today and they told her to come pick up her visa on friday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
Walspring:

I stay in Lagos, mushin to be precise. We should hook na. U might be younger than me but u are my mentor. Learnt a lot from u. I am going to Austin Texas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
STENON: Dimmyo8, sponge3.....Congrats and enjoy ur staying in America....

@Streetmic....God is really at work for you......I like ur Faith....Keep it up...This your Last attempt has now made you a winner..........Congratulations on your Visa Approval
Bros thanks, still under your canopy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ishowdels:

Congrats bro
Thanks brother. . How is yours going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sponge3:
Bros thanks, still under your canopy
alright, I'm a Lady
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
Rijo02:

Congrats Sponge......All the best
Thanks rijo. .. may God bless u in all your endeavour

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.