Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455269 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: Alright, the lord is your strength. Now am beginning to sound like godG grin Just try and compose yourself well. Sound passionate about yourself.

@Amerinancy and Slimmy...Believe i wanted to contribute but i didnt get her point very well....I can advice her ooo...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:07am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: Now am beginning to suspect your new identity and type font angry So you want to replace Amefrica? Take time.

Which time Amefrica dey use this font? angry shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by baggylips(m): 11:08am On Jul 10, 2014
[quote author=olumide098][/quote]The truth is that I never exchanged any email with the prof and the school is resuming August 21.i saw august 4 as the next available date and I wish to apply again on the day...so pls how do I fix this email stuff cos she might have typed my reasons in case of another interview so as not to look so desperate to migrate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: Alright, the lord is your strength. Now am beginning to sound like godG grin Just try and compose yourself well. Sound passionate about yourself.
And what about not writing any tests? although I was even offered a scholarship. The school required toefl or SAT but I told the recriut officer that Nigeria uses british system of learning, so he requested for my school principal's email contacted him and asked several questions about me and told him to write a recommendation letter, I also wrote an 850 personal statement. Please what can I say?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:09am On Jul 10, 2014

Is the godG a pastor? cheesy How does he sound?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by baggylips(m): 11:10am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: I think your reasons why you chose this school wasn't convincing to the VO. If a prof actually told you to choose this school, did you do your own induvidual research? Did you see if this school is ranked? What are the academic qualities this school possess that really attracted you? I can remember once asked by my dad if he brought a husband one day and said hey! This guy is the best guy in the world and without proving it would I choose? my obvious answer was "NO". So he taught me to be a decision maker myself and also take responsibility of whatever decision I make. What I'm trying to say is when next you are going tell the vo the reasons why you not your prof thinks this school is best 4 you (your profs should be a bonus point not the main)
Goodluck. delay is never denial.
thanks...the truth is that I never exchanged any email with the prof and I want to fix another appointment.This now implies that I will give another reason for choosing the school.hope it won't complicate issues cos I don't know whether the vo typed my previous reason?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2014
olumide098: Anyone in the house heading to New York city around August?? if yes please need flight mate ooo....

Bro, wait for me to get my visa, am going to New Jersey first before going to school to collect small mponey from my uncle there..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2014
baggylips: Visa delayed this morning at lagos consulate.Here is the excerpts.
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..
Vo....how did u get to know about Uhcl?
Me....Actually I got to know about the school when I used prof....research paper in my undergraduate project and I later researched to see that prof.....is a lecturer in the dept of biotechnology of uhcl.i also exchanged emails with him and he encouraged me to come and further in his field.
Vo....do u have the copy of the emails with u?
Me....No...didn't bring it along cos its not one of the requirements for the interview.
Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo.....did u write any test?
Me...yes...I wrote gre and toefl
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Vo....i'm sorry...ur visa was not approved....bla bla bla
Me..*bones face*
Me....Thank you*with a wicked smile* undecided
Please experts in the house..what went wrong?

Sorry the denial.........I think the VO wud have given u a chance if u provided an evidence of why u chose the skol. The GRE question u were asked might not even be relevant to the VO again. Bear in mind that the VO has put down why u chose the skol, so if u plan to reschedule for another appointment, go with the mail conversation and prepare more on why the prof's work interest you. I may add: if u didn't really have a communication with the prof, dnt go back with same skol profile(My opinion) cos a different VO wud likely not change his/her mind from the former.
All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: you are funny. if its Gods will who am I? But shey we go first date na make I know you...... Just joking oh don't worry Farabaale kosi wahala.

angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2014
Datanonymous: Hello house, All Glory and honour to God in the highest. Him and only Him deserves all praise. VISA was approved on Monday 7th July, Got it today. Umh... Sorry I'm just pasting my transcript, I just needed to complete it right so I wouldn't miss any detail out.
Now, my transcript is going to be a little explicative and detailed than the usual, pardon me for the space.

Pre-Interview Day
Pre-Interview day was Sunday, I took a ride to the embassy in the evening around 5 pm to get a feel of the place and familiarize myself with the surroundings, when I got there, I met with the security men, told them I had an appointment for 6:30 am the next day and they told me I had to be around like day 5:30 – 6 am. I took a stroll around the building while claiming my ground there then went home to sleep.

Interview Day:
Woke up 3:30am I barely slept though, had my bath, dressed up clean in a black suit, white shirt and red tie to match, literally bathed myself in my 1million cologne and set off at 4:20am. The drive was smooth, no hold up n shi. I was the first to arrive the embassy around 5am sharp! I actually got there too early, took my sit down and waited, then people started coming one after the other, and within say 15-30 mins after, the place was getting filled.
As I said before, as much as possible, I'm not missing out any detail here for those that would be going, I need you to have an idea of where you are going before you get there.

6:00am: We all got lined up, normal search went on at the check point and then we were asked to line up in front of the walkway that leads to the pavilion. (Put ur i20, sevis fee receipt, application confirmation page, ds190 confirmation page, 1passport photograph inside ur passport at this point).

6:20 am: Walkway was opened, we were checked inside the pavilion, our docs were checked again followed by another body check then we crossed the embassy road into the embassy building.
OK... I actually stopped checking my time at this point, was getting a little anxious.

INTERVIEW HALL

Inside the Embassy:
Was asked to drop belt, wrist watch, wallet, and everything metallic in a bowl, walk past a scanner, my stuffs passed through a scanner too after which I got my belt and stuffs back.
Then took a walk into the main interview building, picked a number A015 and moved into the interview hall.

Inside the Interview Hall:
The number I picked came up... I moved to the counter number on which it came up, my passport containing the earlier documents was collected (please sign your i20 before this stage or you might be sent out to sign it, this could kick you off balance, don't get disorganized), my appointment confirmation page and sevis receipt were handed back to me after which I took my sit waiting for thumb printing.
After a while my number came up again on another window, (be alert and attentive), walked towards the window, four left fingers first, followed by right four fingers and then the two thumbs simultaneously.
After this, was the Ghenghen stage... The interview

Within the next few mins, the interview started and numbers started popping up...
I was sitting few seats away from the chinko guy's window and Mehn that guy is crazy. He approved the visa of the first lady he interviewed and denied every other person he interviewed till I left.... I was literally feeling my heart in my mouth and seriously praying my number doesn't pop up on his window, the rest were issuing and denying but that guy prolly made up his mind to give the first and deny the rest... After a while, my number popped up and it wasn't the chinko guy but a gentle looking young dude.... Here is my interview transcript

Me: Good Morning sir!

VO: Morning *looking into his computer screen*

Me: Umh... How was ur Independence Day celebration. (US independence was Friday, 4th July, My interview was Monday).

VO: looks up, shrugs, blushes, gave a big grin and said... It was OK... Thanks

Me: I smiled too *in my mind I said I Don get u today* (Confidence was beaming in me at this point)

VO: So why do u want to go to Oklahoma State University?

Me: Well, I graduated from Physiology from *school name* medical school with a second class upper degree, umh...

VO: *cuts in* u went to medical school?

Me: Yes, the medical school encompasses several courses as medicine, Physiology, biochemistry, anatomy, pharmacology... Blablabla...

VO: *nods head*

Me: *continued* so during my final year thesis, I did a research on cardiovascular physiology which is a branch of physiology I have developed great passion for and wish to specialize in. however, I was limited in this research because my school and faculty lacked the necessary equipments to conduct a standard research and this made me determine to want to become a lecturer and a researcher so I can get an opportunity to conduct researches of my own which require me having a masters degree and I feel the best place to get that degree is the USA.

VO: *was looking at me concentrated all the while, me sef no blink, I Dey stare am for eyes* ok... OK... What branch did u say u want to specialize in?

Me: Cardiovascular Physiology

VO: can u tell me what that means?

Me: *for my mind, I Don finish you here today, nah my field* :p Well cardiovascular Physiology basically is the study of the heart and blood vessels and how they work, when I say blood vessels I mean, arteries, veins, arterioles, venules... *vo cuts in*

VO: ok... Ok... So what have u been doing since u graduated?

Me: I just graduated few months back

VO: so what did u do to get this admission?

Me: Well I did some standardized tests, I did the GRE and TOEFL, I have my scorecards here, do I bring them?

VO: Yes please, let me see your GRE

Me: *passes scorecard* *he was checking through and typing simultaneously* had 149 verbal, 156 quantitative, 4.5 analytical writing, TOEFL... 109, he didn't check TOEFL*

VO: What courses will u do in ur first semester?

Me: fundamentals in medical Physiology, fundamentals in medical pharmacology and biochemistry, 3 courses, 3 credit hours each... Making 9 credit hours per semester.

VO: *nods* *hands back my gre scorecard* so who is going to pay?

Me: My mum would be sponsoring me, she is a commissioner in my state, I have her bank statement, payslips and statement of support here, do I bring them?

VO: no don't worry... * types for a few seconds* Then said... YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED!!! pick it up on Thursday, * hands me my i20 and the white form*

Me: Thanks with a big grin! I pack my stuffs and literally run out... Immediately I got out I comot tie, unbutton that tight neck button, con walk comot.

Met a cool guy there whose visa also got approved, going to Indiana. As I was walking towards the car park... The security guys just Dey talk congratulations congratulations... Lol I noh sabi ao Dem take know... Prolly cos of the way I was walking tho... Like Denzel Washington!

Anyways... Umh.... Imma drop a few personal hints here...
1) Fast and Pray
2) Fast and Pray
3) Fast and Pray (3 days dey enough, you won’t die trust me, u go chop all u want when u get to the USA… lol)
4) Be confident
Confidence is key Mehn it can't be overemphasized... U have to know what u going to the US to do, be emphatic and articulate with ur responses.
5) Practice.... I practiced with my mum, my brother and my mirror... Looking straight into their eyes and mine in the mirror.
6) Read this thread... Basically the transcripts are enormously helpful there is nothing they gon ask u that’s not on this thread already.
7) Get there early *nurtures ur confidence*
cool Have all documents ready and follow all instructions strictly.
9) Anticipate the questions, you know what they gon ask u already, give them what they want before they ask, eg: I told him my mum was gon sponsor, I didn’t wait for him to ask what she does before I told him, also I already told him my undergrad course, what I wanted to do after my masters program and established little bit of home ties from just one question. This should go a long way to reduce the questions asked. *MY OPINION*
9) Thank God... And believe they have no reason to deny you... They want u to go, they need ur money, they need to fill up spaces and u already have a space with ur admission. Your visas would be issued by God's grace!!! Amen!!!

Image 1 is a sketch of the Embassy building.
Image 2 is a sketch of the interview hall.

Thanks to everyone on this thread!!! Everyone has been awesome!!! Wish everyone ALL of the best!!!
These VISAs are there to be given to us, they are ours, Lets get’em all!!! NL will dominate!!!
#PeaceOut!!!

Omo this ur sketch accurate die o!!!!!!!!!.....lol......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:12am On Jul 10, 2014
olumide098:

@Amerinancy and Slimmy...Believe i wanted to contribute but i didnt get her point very well....I can advice her ooo...lol
Darling read it properly your advice is highly esteemed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 10, 2014
Graviton2:

undecided IWhat happened to the "will you marry me"? and not the font
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2014
baggylips: The truth is that I never exchanged any email with the prof and the school is resuming August 21.i saw august 4 as the next available date and I wish to apply again on the day...so pls how do I fix this email stuff cos she might have typed my reasons in case of another interview so as not to look so desperate to migrate?

Dont let anybody mislead you oooo.....she didnt type anything...those words are not sensitive ja re....how do you know about the school? simply go to the thread and check people response to this or check my own ja re..huh..quickly go to Gtbank and pay for next appointment..dont waste time at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2014
Graviton2:

angry
my potential husband kpele oh lol! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2014
olumide098:

Dont let anybody mislead you oooo.....she didnt type anything...those words are not sensitive ja re....how do you know about the school? simply go to the thread and check people response to this or check my own ja re..huh..quickly go to Gtbank and pay for next appointment..dont waste time at all
God bless you for this statement. Bro book another appointment and make you sound like a graduate and not like "sikiru, omo iya olomi". grin Sound bold and confident.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: Darling read it properly your advice is highly esteemed.

Re type it again so gbo? do not worry i will advice accordingly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2014
olumide098:

olumide I think he is right because the education USA consellor told me they do type your response.I Stand to be corrected tho.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by baggylips(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2014
olumide098:

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: Now am beginning to suspect your new identity and type font angry So you want to replace Amefrica? Take time.
I never used that kind of font b4 oo. Lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Amefrica: I never used that kind of font b4 oo. Lol grin
Oya, I mean asking ladies out tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Graviton2:

No vex, baba mi. cheesy Only you na badt guyzz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2014
Feexo: .

Zeezahbee, where precisely for Palm-Avenue? Close to Chicken George? Did you attend Suzan Martins/ Ikeja Comprehensive?
lol... suzan martins is the name of the president of my Yankee sch....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:24am On Jul 10, 2014
zeezahbee: lol, pilot sey na xo you go use 360 degree go land people for bermuda triangle. Congrats bro

LMAO...Zeeza, lemme find you first on my aircraft. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: undecided IWhat happened to the "will you marry me"? and not the font
*observing* grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:25am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: undecided IWhat happened to the "will you marry me"? and not the font

So you no want make I marry? Issorai! sad angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: Oya, I mean asking ladies out tongue
lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2014
zeezahbee: hummm, omo mushin lol. I spent 17yrs in mushin tho stayed at palm avenue lol

Mushin geh!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: olumide I think he is right because the education USA consellor told me they do type your response.I Stand to be corrected tho.

Yes. They do type your responses. It is a known fact.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: Bro, its okay please. I'm also a woman like her, but I think she is immatured cos from her statements, its obvious she is. Because, I can't insult or even use rude words on anyone for anything talk less of a man who is rightly above a woman by nature. If you are angry at someone, talk to them maturedly and if they continue provoking you, just simply ignore them.
Joe didn't say anything wrong. if we must correct people we must do that constructively and respectively no one is perfect. Zee please use knowledge and wisdom together it will help you even more now that you are in the states once again have a nice stay in obamaland *cheers*
It's okay now. I am fine. I hardly get angry. I reacted rightly because her words were purely racists. This particular words got a friend in trouble. Blacks and whites were fighting at a night club. women were scramming. cheesy She needs to watch her mouth especially in public so as to avoid trouble or being beating up by someone or a group of guys. I personally do not have anything against her. I love everybody here. Thanks everyone for your understanding. Zee, stay out of trouble!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Graviton2:

So you no want make I marry? Issorai! sad angry
Prolly, after you finish naruto tongue and start earning some dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:31am On Jul 10, 2014
Joenice: @Idazbawz, Is Zee your friend? please ask her to watch her mouth. She does not need to insult me here, otherwise i will come hard on her. I studied abroad. I schooled in North America, Asia and Oceania even before she graduated from the university. I saved a friend who was about to be deported home because she reported late to school and so on. I am not her age-mate.
bro... ion really know wah happened, bur please don't be offended....

I'll go talk to her sire!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2014
Graviton2:

Yes. They do type your responses. It is a known fact.
Not in all cases. They take the wheat and drop the chaff.

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.