Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454728 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sparkboy4122: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2014
juntod:

Bros, this is not about rushing to get another interview date. Relax and get prepared. Work on why you chose that school and be ready to mention other schools you applied to. As an O'level graduate, you have no qualification to work in your father's company for 5 years. Abi na shoe shinning company? Tell us exactly what you've been doing academically and otherwise since 2009 and we will help you package it.
OK what do we do? Ideas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2014
sparkboy4122: OK what do we do? Ideas

Tell us exactly what you've been doing academically and otherwise since 2009 and we will help you package it. If nothing, let us know as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: Bro, its okay please. I'm also a woman like her, but I think she is immatured cos from her statements, its obvious she is. Because, I can't insult or even use rude words on anyone for anything talk less of a man who is rightly above a woman by nature. If you are angry at someone, talk to them maturedly and if they continue provoking you, just simply ignore them.
Joe didn't say anything wrong. if we must correct people we must do that constructively and respectively no one is perfect. Zee please use knowledge and wisdom together it will help you even more now that you are in the states once again have a nice stay in obamaland *cheers*

Please don't say the bolded in America. Gender inequality is frowned upon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sparkboy4122: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2014
juntod:

Tell us exactly what you've been doing academically and otherwise since 2009 and we will help you package it. If nothing, let us know as well.
academically I will say nothing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2014
sparkboy4122: academically I will say nothing.
What have you been doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 9:57am On Jul 10, 2014
olumide098: @Streetmic..Congrat...Just dey see am for here now ooo..am so happy for you. Welcome on Board...

tanx 4 ur input
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 10, 2014
juntod:

Still doesn't holds water? And why exempt women from combat? She has rights to her opinion. She is African and her ideas and beliefs counts. Its called freedom.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2014
juntod:

yea I know. I have been to the states on a visit before,but we are Nigerians and I was bred so and my bible which I believe in tells me so as a christian.
The truth is a Man is the head of a woman and should be accorded that respect.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: yea I know I have been to the states on a visit before,but we are Nigerians and I was bred so and my bible which I believe in tells me so as a christian.
Hows preparation going? Hope you been able to align what you've been doing since 2010. Be bold, courageous and sound convincing. Success is yours
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: Hows preparation going? Hope you been able to align what you've been doing since 2010. Be bold, courageous and sound convincing. Success is yours
slimmy darling thanks and God bless you. I'm just gonna say the truth. I couldn't attend college because I lost my mom that year and due to shock and grief complications which kept me on check in and out of the hospital. Recently my doctor and my health counsellor have approved my moving on to study, although I was denied F1 visa this year but for a CC (I was naïve then)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 10:13am On Jul 10, 2014
Joenice: @Idazbawz, Is Zee your friend? please ask her to watch her mouth. She does not need to insult me here, otherwise i will come hard on her. I studied abroad. I schooled in North America, Asia and Oceania even before she graduated from the university. I saved a friend who was about to be deported home because she reported late to school and so on. I am not her age-mate.

Namesake....pls I am sorry cos you felt offended and u have every right to be. Its a written statement which can easily be misconstrued. I do not justify her statement neither do I condemn it. Eg, if I dey wan with u n I tell u to SHUT UP. It isnt gona be interpreted as insult in all respect. Please view that her wordings in that direction; it will really soothe you a lot.
Remember we all here are pals and age shouldn't be recoursed to so we dnt kill the aim.Let good humor guide us all.
One Love house.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: Still doesn't holds water? And why exempt women from combat? She has rights to her opinion. She is African and her ideas and beliefs counts. Its called freedom.

Exactly! That is hypocritical and a double standard... Men are made to face the line on fire during wars, while women are protected. Yet, they try to foist this bull crap about gender equality on us. Slimmy's submission just got me thinking, so don't take me to be a male chauvinist... I simply like to challenge the status quo, not with a view to disparage but to learn and illuminate.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:25am On Jul 10, 2014
zeezahbee: operate two account ke, when I never operate this one finish

Who come be MsZeezah na? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:30am On Jul 10, 2014
zeezahbee: dey der dey check ok, lol ab buy ticket jawe. If you continue waiting, it will keep getting higher

Lol. I will do it soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by baggylips(m): 10:34am On Jul 10, 2014
Visa delayed this morning at lagos consulate.Here is the excerpts.
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..
Vo....how did u get to know about Uhcl?
Me....Actually I got to know about the school when I used prof....research paper in my undergraduate project and I later researched to see that prof.....is a lecturer in the dept of biotechnology of uhcl.i also exchanged emails with him and he encouraged me to come and further in his field.
Vo....do u have the copy of the emails with u?
Me....No...didn't bring it along cos its not one of the requirements for the interview.
Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo.....did u write any test?
Me...yes...I wrote gre and toefl
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Vo....i'm sorry...ur visa was not approved....bla bla bla
Me..*bones face*
Me....Thank you*with a wicked smile* undecided
Please experts in the house..what went wrong?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:43am On Jul 10, 2014
juntod:

She is VERY free to say whatever she wants. Restriction on the freedom/liberty of opinion is also frowned upon in the States.

Amerinancy, do carry on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: slimmy darling thanks and God bless you. I'm just gonna say the truth. I couldn't attend college because I lost my mom that year and due to shock and grief complications which kept me on check in and out of the hospital. Recently my doctor and my health counsellor have approved my moving on to study, although I was denied F1 visa this year but for a CC (I was naïve then)
you've been in shock for three years now? I totally understand the shock of losing ones mother. But don't you need that's not enough cogent reason as to stay away from studies for so long? Did you take SAT? I am interested in knowing how you intend covering this gap as the reason you gave above are not cogent enough. I might be wrong anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 10:49am On Jul 10, 2014
baggylips: Visa delayed this morning at lagos consulate.Here is the excerpts.
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..
Me....Actually I got to know about the school when I used prof....research paper in my undergraduate project and I later researched to see that prof.....is a lecturer in the dept of biotechnology of uhcl.i also exchanged emails with him and he encouraged me to come and further in his field.
Me....No...didn't bring it along cos its not one of the requirements for the interview.
Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Me..*bones face*
I think your reasons why you chose this school wasn't convincing to the VO. If a prof actually told you to choose this school, did you do your own induvidual research? Did you see if this school is ranked? What are the academic qualities this school possess that really attracted you? I can remember once asked by my dad if he brought a husband one day and said hey! This guy is the best guy in the world and without proving it would I choose? my obvious answer was "NO". So he taught me to be a decision maker myself and also take responsibility of whatever decision I make. What I'm trying to say is when next you are going tell the vo the reasons why you not your prof thinks this school is best 4 you (your profs should be a bonus point not the main)
Goodluck. delay is never denial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: yea I know. I have been to the states on a visit before,but we are Nigerians and I was bred so and my bible which I believe in tells me so as a christian.
The truth is a Man is the head of a woman and should be accorded that respect.

Beautiful and well thought out response. Very well coordinated.

Girl, will you marry me?
grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2014
[/b][b]
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..
Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Me..*bones face*
my own opinion..I think you messed it up when asked how you knew about your school,If I were the VO,I would conclude that wouldn't have applied to the school if the prof didn't tell you to and you're going to the school just because a particular prof lectures there..read throught the pages of this thread from part 1 down to part 5,you'll find useful answers to your questions .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2014
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..

Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Me..*bones face*

Bro do you really exchanged conversations with the Prof?

Based on my observation for about 2months,I see that applicants saying they have been communicating with a Prof at their intended department is trending at the consulate and it seems the VOs are now aware of this format.

Please think twice before using this to boost your application if you really haven't been communicating with anyone because there are other boosters you can use.

If you have actually been communicating, please go with printouts of the exchanged emails next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..
Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Me..*bones face*
the issue started with the information you gave about the exchange of emails between you and your profs without bringing a proof.

If you have the emails print it out. You didn't talk about the course, the research area of your interest. What you stand to benefit etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2014
slimmy05: you've been in shock for three years now? I totally understand the shock of losing ones mother. But don't you need that's not enough cogent reason as to stay away from studies for so long? Did you take SAT? I am interested in knowing how you intend covering this gap as the reason you gave above are not cogent enough. I might be wrong anyway.
well I'm the only child and so losing a mom was ......... Something I don't wanna remember 4 now. please if you have any contributions to this please help me and "NO" I didn't even write standardized test .. My bad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2014
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..
Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Me..*bones face*

Am sorry about ur denial, but I think you shot yourself in the foot.
Its stated on the Embassy's website that you should bring all document that will support your case aside the embassy's required document..
Also if you were gonna mention something about email address, you should have brought the copy of the emails.
I think you should package your self well and refire..
Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 10, 2014
Graviton2:

Girl, will you marry me?
grin
Now am beginning to suspect your new identity and type font angry So you want to replace Amefrica? Take time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Graviton2:

Girl, will you marry me?
grin
you are funny. if its Gods will who am I? But shey we go first date na make I know you...... Just joking oh don't worry Farabaale kosi wahala.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2014
[quote author=baggylips]Visa delayed this morning at lagos consulate.Here is the excerpts.
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..

Baba u got it wrong...simple question how do you know about the school? you started talking about professor..didnt you know that before getting to professor level there are some research work like using searching tools to search like usnews, world report, google, princeton review etc... and also you prompt the VO to ask for documents of which inside your ds160 u re told to bring all along supporting documents which you signed but now u told VO is not part of the requirement..are u trying to enlighten the VO. please quickly study the thread for a week and use another one week to build on your point, then hit the embassy again before your skool resume..if i may ask when re u resuming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Amerinancy: well I'm the only child and so losing a mom was ......... Something I don't wanna remember 4 now. please if you have any contributions to this please help me and "NO" I didn't even write standardized test .. My bad.
Alright, the lord is your strength. Now am beginning to sound like godG grin Just try and compose yourself well. Sound passionate about yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2014
I think the best answer to this question
VO: How did you find this school?
Student: (simple answer) I did extensive research on USnews.com and google. Com (shikina)..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Anyone in the house heading to New York city around August?? if yes please need flight mate ooo....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Vo.....good morning
Me....good morning ma
Vo....Are u......
Me....yes ma..
After the biometrics..
Vo.....typing
After typing
Vo....let me see ur gre
Me....passes it
Vo....typing
After typing
Me..*bones face*

There were 2 basic things wrong with your interview.

1. Typical responses — you were giving mapped-out answers. On here we always advice: prepare but be flexible. The answer to gave about how you got to know about the school was very poor.

2. No proof of communication — This is as a result of your typical responses, the VO come across these answers all the time (I have been communicating with the professors...), it is safe to say they have grown an immunity. If indeed you have been contacting any professor...then take proof of these communication with you next time.

Fix these areas and refire. Best regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2014
At the visa pick up in V I. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.