Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455254 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
Feexo:

Now you are scaring me... shocked
Bros I think say u be commando grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
slimmy05: Bro, forget all the exaggeration. Nigerians are still very much in Iceland, Finland and Norway. Its not that bad abeg.
Bros this is real and true. people are living there, but coming new there wasn't easy at all but you can survive. Just be ready to cry for the first few weeks tongue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Amerinancy: Bros this is real and true. people are living there, but coming new there wasn't easy at all but you can survive. Just be ready to cry for the first few weeks tongue
The weather is not that cold for now and it is not real and true. tongue I have friends there too. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
must the GTB master card be for a domiciliary account? @ JohnPaul I am an ex seminarian too. u should finish ur philosophy bro or tell em a benefactor in america is sponsoring u with d persmisiion of ur diocese. best bet, change d Skool cos its making it look like u have only a single Skool as an option. Chill, finish ur formation n nack out. we share a lot of tinz cos am also akpai
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
streetMic: must the GTB master card be for a domiciliary account? @ JohnPaul I am an ex seminarian too. u should finish ur philosophy bro or tell em a benefactor in america is sponsoring u with d persmisiion of ur diocese. best bet, change d Skool cos its making it look like u have only a single Skool as an option. Chill, finish ur formation n nack out. we share a lot of tinz cos am also akpai
no, you're good to go with a savings account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
slimmy05: no, you're good to go with a savings account

nagode baba na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
decreamaster:
It is indeed august 7 so make it snappy
I checked yesterday afternoon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
slimmy05: Bro, forget all the exaggeration. Nigerians are still very much in Iceland, Finland and Norway. Its not that bad abeg.
Yes. These places are much colder than the US. Even Russia and Austria. A city in China called Harbin, very close to Russia. If you survive in these places, then spring becomes hot weather for you cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by LUCAS99: 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
CAN I LEAVE THE UNITED STATES WHILE I HAVE A PENDING IMMIGRANT PETITION AND A VALID F-1 VISA?
Dear forum members I am not a US citizen. I do not hold a green card. I am legally in the US on an F-1 visa. I got an F1 visa on June 04, 2013 to attend a Community College for an Associate degree. This visa was given for 2 years. The F1 visa I got in 2012 for my undergraduate studies expired on May 31, 2014. My sister filed a I-130 petition for me and received I797C (receipt notice) on June 17, 2013. I filed a form 1-176 and received employment authorization card (EAD) on June 12, 2014.My current F1 visa has expired and as such I would like to go back to Nigeria and renew my F1 visa so I can continue traveling freely between the United States and Nigeria. I have heard that it is unlikely that I will be given a new F-1 visa due to my pending I-130 petition. How true is that? All Genuine Contribution will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all forum members for your esteemed help. I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeezahbee: cheesy, I only spent 17yrs there and moved but I stayed in the Behind part of mushin

Once a mushin geh, always a mushin get baby!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
LUCAS99: CAN I LEAVE THE UNITED STATES WHILE I HAVE A PENDING IMMIGRANT PETITION AND A VALID F-1 VISA?
Dear forum members I am not a US citizen. I do not hold a green card. I am legally in the US on an F-1 visa. I got an F1 visa on June 04, 2013 to attend a Community College for an Associate degree. This visa was given for 2 years. The F1 visa I got in 2012 for my undergraduate studies expired on May 31, 2014. My sister filed a I-130 petition for me and received I797C (receipt notice) on June 17, 2013. I filed a form 1-176 and received employment authorization card (EAD) on June 12, 2014.My current F1 visa has expired and as such I would like to go back to Nigeria and renew my F1 visa so I can continue traveling freely between the United States and Nigeria. I have heard that it is unlikely that I will be given a new F-1 visa due to my pending I-130 petition. How true is that? All Genuine Contribution will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all forum members for your esteemed help. I appreciate.
Yeah, it's very unlikely. Having pending immigrant petition can jeopardize your chances of renewing your visa. Every case is different though. Notwithstanding, you have 50-50 chance of getting it. How long is the waiting time for your immigrant petition? Perhaps, longer than you anticipated, huh? smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mjseun, what's up? Hope you're preparing well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeezahbee: Bros he be like say you get money 472k to atlanta, when you can take a flight to NY first and connect to ATL

My destination is Florida. Delta is offering 472k for direct flight to ATL enroute FL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
LUCAS99: CAN I LEAVE THE UNITED STATES WHILE I HAVE A PENDING IMMIGRANT PETITION AND A VALID F-1 VISA?
Dear forum members I am not a US citizen. I do not hold a green card. I am legally in the US on an F-1 visa. I got an F1 visa on June 04, 2013 to attend a Community College for an Associate degree. This visa was given for 2 years. The F1 visa I got in 2012 for my undergraduate studies expired on May 31, 2014.

My sister filed a I-130 petition for me and received I797C (receipt notice) on June 17, 2013. I filed a form 1-176 and received employment authorization card (EAD) on June 12, 2014.My current F1 visa has expired and as such I would like to go back to Nigeria and renew my F1 visa so I can continue traveling freely between the United States and Nigeria. I have heard that it is unlikely that I will be given a new F-1 visa due to my pending I-130 petition.

How true is that? All Genuine Contribution will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all forum members for your esteemed help. I appreciate.

Do not try to leave the United States until your green card is approved. The USCIS automatically assume that you have abandoned your petition the moment you step out of the country. However, If you ignorantly travelled outside of the country, then you have to start the whole process from the scratch and this time applying from the US embassy. You don't want to do that.

If it is compulsory for you to go home, you have the right to file for an advanced parole. Most people file this the same time they file for their work authorization as it is free if you file both together. You have to give good reasons while you need advanced parole for USCIS to approve it. You can say that you need to go for your family reunion and get a chance to see your folks or attend your only sister's wedding. USCIS approve advance paroles for reasons as simple as that.

Advance parole comes together with your work authorization card if you apply for it. At the extreme bottom of the card, you will find those magic words "ALSO SERVES AS ADVANCE PAROLE". You should look into that.

Warning: Some people get deported at the POE upon their return to the USA even with their Advanced Parole (AP). Some get in with their AP. So, the ball is in your court now. Congrats on getting your work permit, it means a lot here.

As per your F-1 Visa approval, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for your F-1 Visa to be approved at the US embassy in Nigeria. You are a pending immigrant with an EAD and pending I-130. It is illogical to now apply for a non-immigrant visa. It doesn't make sense and the V.Os are not stupid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
Congratulations to all who got their Visas approved. Like I always advise, study hard, earn good grades and the sky will be the starting point for you. Happy Friday to you all.

Walspring: When is your interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
femmy10303: not even up to 2 mins

My transcript,
Me:Good morning ma
V.O:are you? ......
Me yes
V.O:What are you going to study?
Me : am pursing my first degree BA in Political Science
V.O: Why the school
Me, :the school curriculum and their past prospect align with my field of study, and with the communications with the professor, i was been assured that my studies is going to be a great one
V.O . keep typing.
shortly she printed a blue paper

the interview was the shortest i ve ever had,
Guru's what is wrong? could this been i have been red flag what could have happen please i need your advice,can i still press on .? or i should quit and chase something else, honestly i have been thinking ,

also my question is there issues like this and latter been given a visa, after 4 denials? need some professional advice

Sorry about your refusal.
It grinds my gears when I hear applicants saying "It aligns with my career goals or whatever. I think VO's are tired of hearing that. You should please work on that.
I'm of the opinion that your visa interview starts from your DS160. You should make sure your spitting out what you filled on you ds160. The moment your ds160 and interview are going in different direction you know you're headed for the rocks.
Find out more stuff about your school(it can't be overemphasised) It worked for me in my own interview. Tell them why that distinctive feature of your school would be crucial in your chosen career plan.
If you're planning to go again...
Be sure to prepare harder. You have to rehearse possible questions until you can say it convincingly even after a coma.
Ultimately,Pray frevently,read bible verses that assures you of God's promises and if you're the type that like to "groove" like me, be sure to stay away from those excesses so you are better focused and your mind always in perspective.
All the best!
Other guru's can add their own inputs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeezahbee: Got to the airport around 1.30pm for a 2.10pm flight, I was the last to check in and I already heard gist about those airport peeps trying to extort people, I didn't pay a dime, I use a ziplock bag to pack my food stuff and it was transparent enough. NOte: don't pack you food stuff in black nylon or bag, get a white transparent pack. So everything was visible enough, I already checked in online before I left home and I even printed my boarding pass so it was easy for them because I picked my seat already. I passed through immigration easily and when the checked my hand bag, I was with my nivea deodorant and they tried to seize it but I just say please please and they said oya go go your flight will move soon so I ran all the way to qatar boarding zone and they checked my bag again, this time they seize the deodorant and left my roll up, the claim it the deodorant is 150ml and they only allow 50ml, my roll on was 50ml, the woman they expect make I bribe am or something, I just bone and told her enjoy the fragrance #wicked me# and I move away slowly. I already met people waiting and in like 5mins everyone boarded and left naija exactly 2.10pm. Inflight entertainment make sense, I watch film sotay eye dey pain me, I cudnt sleep anyways and I was following the map, wine, soft drink, tea, coffee you fit order anytime. Not everyone on the flight were going to US, most were either dubai or qatar or Uk. Seems we were only 3 going to US. In 7hrs plus some mins, we landed at hamad airport, mehn con see as the airport big, before I reach my terminal my leg pain me heeen, we walked for like 20mins so I got to my terminal and bought a qatar pay phone and there was also free unlimited wifi at the airport but my stop over was for 1hrs 50mins and before I blink eye, time Don go and I was called for boarding flight to spain,the flight was different, we took an airport shuttle and we boarded, most people were white anyways but the 2 others were nigerian couple going to the US to have there baby so we were just 3 going from nigeria to US with qatar, the flight wasn't filled up, plenty space and that means plenty food, the chinese guy went to join seat at the back and sleep der, mesef con join seat and sleep, they gave us a small bag that contains brush, toothpaste,eye cover abi wetin dem dey call am sef lol and also eye blocker hehehehe# so it was late and the light might disturb you from sleeping, we landed spain around 7.35am and as we about to check in, I met a dubai girl also going to US to school, immigration didn't stamp us and they ask for schegen visa, they said we can't enter oo, na that time I know say them follow me for naija, them don get me. Me and the girl ran back to see if we can get back on the qatar plane and see if we can talk to them, but they didn't allow us. We kept shouting we are student and they were just speaking spanish, na xo I tell them say I need to board a flight to US in less than 30mins that if I miss my flight, I won't take it nice with them, I said it was the airline that gave connected us to spain and we paid and its none of our business because we paid the bills already, na xo the immigration woman reason with me and check my i20 and passport, I gave her full eye contact to show I was so serious, na xo them carry me go put for one room like that, they collected my school phone number and called, they also called qatar and confirmed and they came and ask me to go meet a guy that followed me to where I will boardto new york. Note : its not qatar that will take you to US, america airline will do. So I got to the america airline and waited for few mins, he be like say them dey use camera monitor us, they thought I fit elope and enter spain. They didn't stamp my visa because I no get schengen visa. Few Mins sha, we were on our way to new york, 8hours journey and it got boring and I was looking skin, my eyes were red but food surplus wella sha. We landed new york exactly 1pm. I went to get my 2 box and I already booked a US airways flight to texas for $298 so I went there straight and those ones said I need to pay $60 for the 2 box, I tot the money for box was included in the $298, well I paid the $60 with my GTBank card, I didn't knw my terminal to board and I was walking about, I went to sit somewhere and was using wifi and borrowed a charger from someone by the time I got to my terminal, them don lock flight door, still I was like them follow me com from nigeria. My flight was for 4.59pm and I got der 4.50pm and the woman was like they board 10mins ahead but she said I shouldn't worry that I will be placed on standby for any available flight, she gave me another ticket without any charges and still same arrival time, so around 6pm, they called my name and I boarded a flight to charlotte and then waited for 30mins and board another to houston and arrive 11.50pm and I went to get trolley, troy is for $5, you slot the $5 into the machine. Note : get more of $5 and $10 before you leave naija, you will need it to pay something and the trolley pulls out automatically so I waited for my box and I went to met one white guy to borrow me his fone to call my friend and he borrow me, so I carry my bag and exit. Well its been interesting since and the weather is so hot, in short the sun for here fit cook beans, 80 degree Fahrenheit(F) No form accent oo, its written all over you that you are JJC so just speak slowly and promise well, no one would laugh at you, our own accent beta sef, if you listen to chinese or india english, you will know you still have hope. Watch their mouth, body movement and follow instruction, don't shout on fone, if you don't know how to use something in the public place, ask questions, they understand you are new and there's always a first time. Abeg no cross road like mad man/woman, cars wait for people here. Take advantage of free wifi in some public place, I used wifi at one restaurant and I spent like one hour there eating and re filling coke. Well for money order, they ask for your state ID, I need to pay money order for something and it was they requested for state ID, the state ID is easy depends on where you are anyways, think they only need your visa and school i20 with admission letter.

Mehhnnnn!
I don't know what to say. You did great!!! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olakamal4(m): 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
hello house..I have only posted once on dis trend..
interview time 7:30am..and it was successful.. took less than 3mins

VO (calm and soft spoken beautiful lady) - good morning..

Me - hi..good morning..

VO - hellooo..(glanced thru de i-20) how and why ASU ( Arizona State University)

Me - I first had about ASU when I attended the Pan African Congress of Mathematicians hosted by National Mathematical Centre (abuja) where I work and afterwards did lots of research via usnews/google... 'then I talked more on de rankings from diff sources.'

VO - how do u intend to pay de lil amount

Me - (de admission 's PhD, tuition waived, health insurance covered, Research assistantship) so I have lil amount (abt $6500) left as stated on my i-20 and since I'm on bonding with NMC (not official) that means I still get my salary for the whole duration and then my uncle will always help too

VO- Ok..come pick up ur visa on Tuesday

Me: thank you

VO - have a nice trip and study

Me - thankiu.

(that was all)

:- truth is : my rehearsal as at yday morning was to say 'I was recommended by a Prof...' buh after I refreshed the NL page yday evening (I do this almost every hour) and since I couldn't print out any of our conversations, I learnt de better trick and den came up with the better truth..

:- this nl trend have always been my prep guide..I refresh de page every hr to see updates and thanks to my friend that gave me de link and thanks to 'always ready and happy to help people' here..God bless U all

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeezahbee: MY POE experience
POE was fine, I took my bags and collect the CBP form, in this form they will ask you to declare everything you came in with though most people don't declare and they scale through, I no get that kind mind, so I declared all my food stuff. They a part you will write the address of where you are going, NOte : even though you are still visiting anyone, changing school. Abeg write the name of the school that's on your visa and i20 on the form to avoid questioning. Maintain eye contact so they can know you are not lying. The guy ask for my i20 and I gave him i20 and admission letter join so he can know am genuine. He look at my face for 30 seconds and I didn't blink my eye, think he was reading me mind or something lol, he said I should thumb print just me right four fingers and he ask me to stand well and he snap my pics and said welcome to US. JFK POE is a busy one and the queue is always long, they don't have much time to scrutinize anyhow but if you carry igbo,skunk or any kinda illegal stuff, they will catch you o. You body language matters, inshort some people didn't have anything on them but if you shake anyhow, they fit suspect u. Well I was sent to secondary inspection because I declared I had food stuffs, inshort most naija were taken there. They open the bag I said the food stuff was and took thrash my dried stock meat and ponmo, he pain me die and the guy said they have enough meat in USA, I just bone and left. That was all

LMAO!!!
Pele. Me sef go try smuggle my own ponmo.
Kai! I can't stop laughing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 6:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
olakamal4: hello house..I have only posted once on dis trend..

Me - thankiu.

(that was all)

happy to help people' here..God bless U all

Congratulations. She no get choice than to approve your visa. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
I'm nervous right now!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
Stewee:

My destination is Florida. Delta is offering 472k for direct flight to ATL enroute FL.

Where in Florida are you heading friend? Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami or...........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
slimmy05: Mjseun, what's up? Hope you're preparing well

Yes mate! Trying my best.... all the same looking unto God the doer of all good things! He won't leave me.

How far with your prep too or uv been granted interview already?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Stewee:

LMAO!!!
Pele. Me sef go try smuggle my own ponmo.
Kai! I can't stop laughing.
Will be in Orlando from 4th of next month. Hope we can hook up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
olakamal4: hello house..I have only posted once on dis trend..

Me - hi..good morning..

VO - hellooo..(glanced thru de i-20) how and why ASU ( Arizona State University)

Me - I first had about ASU when I attended the Pan African Congress of Mathematicians hosted by National Mathematical Centre (abuja) where I work and afterwards did lots of research via usnews/google... 'then I talked more on de rankings from diff sources.'

VO - how do u intend to pay de lil amount

Me - (de admission 's PhD, tuition waived, health insurance covered, Research assistantship) so I have lil amount (abt $6500) left as stated on my i-20 and since I'm on bonding with NMC (not official) that means I still get my salary for the whole duration and then my uncle will always help too

Me - thankiu.

(that was all)

:- truth is : my rehearsal as at yday morning was to say 'I was recommended by a Prof...' buh after I refreshed the NL page yday evening (I do this almost every hour) and since I couldn't print out any of our conversations, I learnt de better trick and den came up with the better truth..

:- this nl trend have always been my prep guide..I refresh de page every hr to see updates and thanks to my friend that gave me de link and thanks to 'always ready and happy to help people' here..God bless U all

Congratulations!!!
Welcome to the party!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mjseun:

Where in Florida are you heading friend? Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami or...........

Daytona Beach!
One hour from Orlando.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
Stewee:

Daytona Beach!
One hour from Orlando.

Okay, that's cool. All the best bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
Stewee:

Once a mushin geh, always a mushin get baby!!!
nauty you, if I catch you. Anyways when are you flying mr pilot ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 6:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeezahbee: Got to the airport around 1.30pm for a 2.10pm flight, I was the last to check in and I already heard gist about those airport peeps trying to extort people, I didn't pay a dime, I use a ziplock bag to pack my food stuff and it was transparent enough. NOte: don't pack you food stuff in black nylon or bag, get a white transparent pack. So everything was visible enough, I already checked in online before I left home and I even printed my boarding pass so it was easy for them because I picked my seat already. I passed through immigration easily and when the checked my hand bag, I was with my nivea deodorant and they tried to seize it but I just say please please and they said oya go go your flight will move soon so I ran all the way to qatar boarding zone and they checked my bag again, this time they seize the deodorant and left my roll up, the claim it the deodorant is 150ml and they only allow 50ml, my roll on was 50ml, the woman they expect make I bribe am or something, I just bone and told her enjoy the fragrance #wicked me# and I move away slowly. I already met people waiting and in like 5mins everyone boarded and left naija exactly 2.10pm. Inflight entertainment make sense, I watch film sotay eye dey pain me, I cudnt sleep anyways and I was following the map, wine, soft drink, tea, coffee you fit order anytime. Not everyone on the flight were going to US, most were either dubai or qatar or Uk. Seems we were only 3 going to US. In 7hrs plus some mins, we landed at hamad airport, mehn con see as the airport big, before I reach my terminal my leg pain me heeen, we walked for like 20mins so I got to my terminal and bought a qatar pay phone and there was also free unlimited wifi at the airport but my stop over was for 1hrs 50mins and before I blink eye, time Don go and I was called for boarding flight to spain,the flight was different, we took an airport shuttle and we boarded, most people were white anyways but the 2 others were nigerian couple going to the US to have there baby so we were just 3 going from nigeria to US with qatar, the flight wasn't filled up, plenty space and that means plenty food, the chinese guy went to join seat at the back and sleep der, mesef con join seat and sleep, they gave us a small bag that contains brush, toothpaste,eye cover abi wetin dem dey call am sef lol and also eye blocker hehehehe# so it was late and the light might disturb you from sleeping, we landed spain around 7.35am and as we about to check in, I met a dubai girl also going to US to school, immigration didn't stamp us and they ask for schegen visa, they said we can't enter oo, na that time I know say them follow me for naija, them don get me. Me and the girl ran back to see if we can get back on the qatar plane and see if we can talk to them, but they didn't allow us. We kept shouting we are student and they were just speaking spanish, na xo I tell them say I need to board a flight to US in less than 30mins that if I miss my flight, I won't take it nice with them, I said it was the airline that gave connected us to spain and we paid and its none of our business because we paid the bills already, na xo the immigration woman reason with me and check my i20 and passport, I gave her full eye contact to show I was so serious, na xo them carry me go put for one room like that, they collected my school phone number and called, they also called qatar and confirmed and they came and ask me to go meet a guy that followed me to where I will boardto new york. Note : its not qatar that will take you to US, america airline will do. So I got to the america airline and waited for few mins, he be like say them dey use camera monitor us, they thought I fit elope and enter spain. They didn't stamp my visa because I no get schengen visa. Few Mins sha, we were on our way to new york, 8hours journey and it got boring and I was looking skin, my eyes were red but food surplus wella sha. We landed new york exactly 1pm. I went to get my 2 box and I already booked a US airways flight to texas for $298 so I went there straight and those ones said I need to pay $60 for the 2 box, I tot the money for box was included in the $298, well I paid the $60 with my GTBank card, I didn't knw my terminal to board and I was walking about, I went to sit somewhere and was using wifi and borrowed a charger from someone by the time I got to my terminal, them don lock flight door, still I was like them follow me com from nigeria. My flight was for 4.59pm and I got der 4.50pm and the woman was like they board 10mins ahead but she said I shouldn't worry that I will be placed on standby for any available flight, she gave me another ticket without any charges and still same arrival time, so around 6pm, they called my name and I boarded a flight to charlotte and then waited for 30mins and board another to houston and arrive 11.50pm and I went to get trolley, troy is for $5, you slot the $5 into the machine. Note : get more of $5 and $10 before you leave naija, you will need it to pay something and the trolley pulls out automatically so I waited for my box and I went to met one white guy to borrow me his fone to call my friend and he borrow me, so I carry my bag and exit. Well its been interesting since and the weather is so hot, in short the sun for here fit cook beans, 80 degree Fahrenheit(F) No form accent oo, its written all over you that you are JJC so just speak slowly and promise well, no one would laugh at you, our own accent beta sef, if you listen to chinese or india english, you will know you still have hope. Watch their mouth, body movement and follow instruction, don't shout on fone, if you don't know how to use something in the public place, ask questions, they understand you are new and there's always a first time. Abeg no cross road like mad man/woman, cars wait for people here. Take advantage of free wifi in some public place, I used wifi at one restaurant and I spent like one hour there eating and re filling coke. Well for money order, they ask for your state ID, I need to pay money order for something and it was they requested for state ID, the state ID is easy depends on where you are anyways, think they only need your visa and school i20 with admission letter.

I personally appreciate your efforts to put this down. I must confess, you have answered so many questions that we have not even asked. Enjoy your stay in US my sister from another mother. We shall join you soon. I am also flying Qatar but through Doha and Manchester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sponge3:
Will be in Orlando from 4th of next month. Hope we can hook up.

Sureeee!
I'm not arriving until about 10th or so.
Havnt gotten ticket yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mjseun: I'm nervous right now!

listen to plenty music, do a lot of exercise, breath in and out as much as u can, tink less of the interview, always remind ursef on how calm n confident u should be...make sure u know all about ur Skool n its state n ur course. sleep in good time , be ready to answer any question wit lamba or factual back ups n pray. Go get it and make sure u do all I have said.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mjseun:

Okay, that's cool. All the best bro

Thanks bro!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.