Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454833 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:20am On Jul 19, 2014
OjaP: Na wa ooo. See argument, some people even dey pray to get to America even if na by boat not minding if the journey wil llast them a year. I thank GOD for all of una including me oo. But why is nobody talking about Delta direct flight? grin grin grin
hehehehe, you are wicked oo, delta ke, when everyone is talking about cheap flights. delta is nice but na boss and oga at the top fit enter am,. there direct flight is wonderful, got first hand review. delta is in the same clique with klm.lufthansa,BA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 19, 2014
Mckenziii: @ Amefrica so happy to hear ur good News.Congrat

Thanks brother mi!

Yours shall come in due time..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 12:41am On Jul 19, 2014
msnas leave me alone na.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2014
gr8ever:

The patient Ibadan boi gets the visa! cheesy The statement owns now...

I'm Happy for you brother smiley

#TeamNeverGiveUp

LOL! You know this ...thanks brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 19, 2014
jcaribie: Amefrica, Amefrica! Congratulations my brother!!! That's what we call perseverance.

Yes boss! #Preach It! cheesy

Dankies! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Chars1289: amefriccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....in one word.....CONGRATS

grin grin Thanks, gee!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:44am On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

That is fire from above..
Wishing you the best.. God be with you.. Holy Ghost fire protect you from any denying VO.
Amen ijn .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:48am On Jul 19, 2014
domex007: ,
amen boda mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by eghost247(m): 1:53am On Jul 19, 2014
Hello house friend of mine is going to the embassy with a statement of account from his sponsor showing transactions from December 2013 to 30TH of May 2014 but this statement was issued and printed in JUNE 2014 is it advisable for him to go with this because his sponsor is not in the country right now to give another statement showing transactions for June 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Amerinancy: Abeg Nwanyi oma how much? So I will know if I can apply and transfer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:18am On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

Yeah, I have but they denied the emergency appointment..
But I still have my early august appointment and still checking if closer dates might pop up.
ohh cool...

Success bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:19am On Jul 19, 2014
eghost247: Hello house friend of mine is going to the embassy with a statement of account from his sponsor showing transactions from December 2013 to 30TH of May 2014 but this statement was issued and printed in JUNE 2014 is it advisable for him to go with this because his sponsor is not in the country right now to give another statement showing transactions for June 2014
he's good to go with it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:28am On Jul 19, 2014
Amefrica, fly to your thread angry angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 2:41am On Jul 19, 2014
goldenchic: 2777
you mean $2,777 per year? shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tayhur009: 4:24am On Jul 19, 2014
Amefrica congratulation my brother!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 4:57am On Jul 19, 2014
What does nwanyi OMA means?
Amerinancy: Abeg Nwanyi oma how much? So I will know if I can apply and transfer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 19, 2014
Doctoroma: What does nwanyi OMA means?
beautiful woman or good woman
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 5:05am On Jul 19, 2014
Is America thesame as the Africa of OOU SUG I used to know back in 2001/2002 session as the guy always on Afro n Native attire?
Amefrica:

Thanks brother mi!

Yours shall come in due time..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 5:08am On Jul 19, 2014
I can see y am a beautiful & a good man cos am Doctor Oma!
slimmy05: beautiful woman or good woman
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:02am On Jul 19, 2014
nicholls2013: Domex, what school are you headed and what course

University of central oklahoma (uco) bsc computer science

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:03am On Jul 19, 2014
Idazbawz: ohh cool...

Success bro!

Sure bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:04am On Jul 19, 2014
eghost247: Hello house friend of mine is going to the embassy with a statement of account from his sponsor showing transactions from December 2013 to 30TH of May 2014 but this statement was issued and printed in JUNE 2014 is it advisable for him to go with this because his sponsor is not in the country right now to give another statement showing transactions for June 2014

You are good to go, its not above 6months..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 6:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Amerinancy: you mean $2,777 per year? shocked
20890 dolls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Mr. Amefricanada, you are now the man of the moment.. God has made you the spot light of the trend, I therefore pray for you that you shall be favoured anywhere you go,
Blessings shall continue to knock on your door,
You will not lack anything,
God will continue to embarass you and your family with good health, success and
Prosperity.
In the Name of Jesus.. Congrats once more blood.. Enjoy God unlimited grace

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 7:06am On Jul 19, 2014
goldenchic: 20890 dolls
OH I SEE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 19, 2014
Idazbawz: Amefrica, fly to your thread angry angry angry

Boss, here na my habitat nah.. #TeamUS #TeamCanada #TeamNorthAmerica

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 19, 2014
tayhur009: Amefrica congratulation my brother!!!

Thanks friend, I dey wait ur testimony..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2014
Doctoroma: Is America thesame as the Africa of OOU SUG I used to know back in 2001/2002 session as the guy always on Afro n Native attire?

LOL! Nor be me oo, I be undergraduate for my former school OOU.. grin I nor dey flw dem resume next month..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 19, 2014
domex007: Mr. Amefricanada, you are now the man of the moment.. God has made you the spot light of the trend, I therefore pray for you that you shall be favoured anywhere you go,
Blessings shall continue to knock on your door,
You will not lack anything,
God will continue to embarass you and your family with good health, success and
Prosperity.
In the Name of Jesus.. Congrats once more blood.. Enjoy God unlimited grace

Awww embarassed Thanks much, domex. Amen to the prayers! Thanks once again, your VISA is approved already.. Go get it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2014
kpolli:

Seventh largest university in the state... Without the word university, the statement means something else

No p, good part is you sound confident.... That's what you need

The only problem I foresee is that the school has an online version of this program you are going for; if they ask why you can't you do it online, how will you answer?
answer it for me now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:41am On Jul 19, 2014
goldenchic: My pre interview.
Me: Good morning ma/sir
Vo: Morning
What are you here for?
Me: I am here for F(1) student visa interview
Vo: Why Liberty University? I found out that LU is the largest private Christian uni in d world and 7th largest in d state. Its was Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programmes. Its has a strong record of career success, excellence reputation in teaching and research. Also known to develop Christ-centered men and women with values skills and knowledge required to impact tomorrow's world. It has an unique heritageandan ever-expanding influence. It encourages a commitment to the Christian life one of which is personal integrity, and an active communication of the Christian faith.it allows students to engage in a major field of study in career focused discipline built on solid foundation in liberal acts.
Vo: How did you learn about the school?
Me: I learnt about LU during a symposium organised by my school CU on Business intelligence afterwards conducted lots of research on the Internet using Princeton review,World report, forbes.com grad news etc
Vo:why do you want to study in US?
Me: I chose US after lots of research on schools dat suit my academic aspirations, saw that us education is the best in d world due to improved logistics and facilities. Usa is the biggest economy in the world and over 60% of the fortune 500 coys are located there eg Microsoft, Texas Instrument, GE which will give me more knowledge since MBA is all about case studies.
Vo: Why are you studying MBA in HRM?
Me: To gain a solid understanding of general biz admin acumen coupled with specalized HRM skills sets in implementing new procedures, solving conflicts, employees benefits and training. It will allow for effective and efficient talent sourcing and mgt as well the trends and techniques required to build a top level team of professionals.
Vo:Where do you find yourself upon completion of your studies?
Me: after my degree I am returning to 9ja because d opportunities is here for me . Looking forward to establish my own Hr firm which willl be an affiliate with major corporate organisations seeking external recruitment agencies. I will work with multinationals HR coys like Philips consulting, Michael Stevens etc
Vo: Convince me you will come back
Me: Nigeria is an investors paradise. I currently have a small scale block/bricks industry registered with C.A.C. Nigeria has the potential for economic growth and development I wont want to miss out of it. The MbA is to program me for the challenges ahead.
Vo: how many schools did you applied to?
Me: 3 Saint Joseph uni, Catholic Un,LU
Vo: where is ur GRE?
Me: upon my acceptance GRE, TOEFL wasn't required of me and I have a letter to that effect.
Vo: pick up your Visa At oshodi.
Me: Ose omo gidi

As for the first bolded, USA interviewers are trained to not be concerned with your sex, religion and race. I can see you keep hammering on religion as the reason for your choice of school. Are you saying being a christian school gives them an edge over other schools offering same course? You should focus on what drew your attention academically. Refrain from the religious ranking or rating. "It encourages a commitment to the Christian life one of which is personal integrity, and an active communication of the Christian faith. ". This has nothing to contribute to your studies. The interviewer might even be a Buddist or Muslim (He/she is human and will frown on the inside).

Your small scale business registered with CAC, do you have tax clearance certificate or at least a Tax Identification Number? Have you ever paid tax? If NO, run away from that statement. Anybody can register a business name. Tax Cert or Identification Number is the only proof that you are actually trading under that name and that you have declared your returns.

You talked about the economy of USA, big companies like Texas Instrument, GE, etc. Are you going to the US so that you can work with those companies? Red Flag. Just talk about their academic strength only. Oversabi go put you for trouble.

Just hope and pray they don't ask about standardised tests. I can see you didn't take any. If you have any work experience, you can use it as a reason why you were exempted from GRE. As for TOEFL, if your English communication is good, they won't bother you about it. Simply say you were exempted because the language of instruction in your undergrad institution was English.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2014
juntod:

As for the first bolded, USA interviewers are trained to not be concerned with your sex, religion and race. I can see you keep hammering on religion as the reason for your choice of school. Are you saying being a christian school gives them an edge over other schools offering same course? You should focus on what drew your attention academically. Refrain from the religious ranking or rating. "It encourages a commitment to the Christian life one of which is personal integrity, and an active communication of the Christian faith. ". This has nothing to contribute to your studies. The interviewer might even be a Buddist or Muslim (He/she is human and will frown on the inside).

Your small scale business registered with CAC, do you have tax clearance certificate or at least a Tax Identification Number? Have you ever paid tax? If NO, run away from that statement. Anybody can register a business name. Tax Cert or Identification Number is the only proof that you are actually trading under that name and that you have declared your returns.

You talked about the economy of USA, big companies like Texas Instrument, GE, etc. Are you going to the US so that you can work with those companies? Red Flag. Just talk about their academic strength only. Oversabi go put you for trouble.

Just hope and pray they don't ask about standardised tests. I can see you didn't take any. If you have any work experience, you can use it as a reason why you were exempted from GRE. As for TOEFL, if your English communication is good, they won't bother you about it. Simply say you were exempted because the language of instruction in your undergrad institution was English.

Impressive.....juntod nice work. Goldenchic, I think he made a nice point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.