Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454641 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Rubywoo:

Thanks a lot for your input.but when I want to cancel its showing me the next available date as being in september.do i still go ahead and cancel my date.Thanks
wen is your school resuming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Guys,

If a student who has acquired an F1 visa isn't able to meet up with paying a remainder of her college costs and her school threatens to cancel her i-20 and report her to immigration.

- Will these bear a negative mark on her record?

- Also will this in any way hinder her plans of getting another admission and most probably a full scholarship from another university?

- Will she face a problem at the point of entry with her other admission?

I have tried to answer her question as well as I possibly can, but I need more inputs on these.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
hayour00:

I'm ok! are you in NY or about coming? anyway, trynna get a new apt and my effort has been futile so far..Dunno if there's someone who knows how i can go about the whole apt process or probably wants to share apt because these agents are rip off.
About coming.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
Idazbawz: my sch resumes sept 3rd... wen is yours?? Really looking for travel partners..
Mine resumes sept 29th
But wont takeoff till 20th

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
hayour00:

Have been trying to use an agent but their charges are quite outrageous.. Someone told me about Craigslist, i checked and called few landlords but they were asking for proof of income, credit check and the likes..Tried to explain to them that I'm just a grad student that works in school but i guess they weren't willing to take the chances because of their monthly mortgage payment. I'm convinced it shouldn't be this difficult in other states.
Difficult one. Could you get a professor from your dept to stand in for you? Or someone from where you work in school? I agree with you, in less populated counties, this shouldn't be a big problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rubywoo(f): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Idazbawz: wen is your school resuming?

Resumes 18

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2: Guys,

If a student who has acquired an F1 visa isn't able to meet up with paying a remainder of her college costs and her school threatens to cancel her i-20 and report her to immigration.

- Also will this in any way hinder her plans of getting another admission and most probably a full scholarship from another university?

I have tried to answer her question as well as I possibly can, but I need more inputs on these.
First question; yes, second question; no, then third question; yes if she cannot defend herself and no, if she can defend herself. This is strictly my own opinion. More mates need to comment too. Ask her to get a letter from both schools. It's very important.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: First question; yes, second question; no, then third question; yes if she cannot defend herself and no, if she can defend herself. This is strictly my own opinion. More mates need to comment too. Ask her to get a letter from both schools. It's very important.

I see. I forgot to add that her first school is not complying with her and the probability of her getting any letter from them is nil.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2:

I see. I forgot to add that her first school is not complying with her and the probability of her getting any letter from them is nil.
Ask your friend to contact me, i will speak to them. Or better still you can pm me, state your friend's profile, i will speak with the school. Did she sign any undertaken during her admission process? This is really important you know?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: Ask your friend to contact me, i will speak to them. Or better still you can pm me, state your friend's profile, i will speak with the school. Did she sign any undertaken during her admission process? This is really important you know?

The school is stating that they will cancel her i-20 if she doesn't meet the deadline and No, she didn't sign any statement of undertaking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
More opinions please.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2:

The school is stating that they will cancel her i-20 if she doesn't meet the deadline and No, she didn't sign any statement of undertaking.
Oh shiit. When is the deadline? Which school is that? Tell me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: Oh shiit. When is the deadline? Which school is that? Tell me.

She doesn't approve of me giving that information, she values her anonymity. — let's just say the deadline is really close.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2:

She doesn't approve of me giving that information, she values her anonymity. — let's just say the deadline is really close.
This is really crazy. Tell her i said she's crazy. Just leave her alone, let her swim with her problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2014

Yes, No, Yes

In the case of having issues At the port of entry, it is written on the page 2 of the i20 that if a student decides not to attend the school he/she gets visa with, he/she needs to contact the school, inform them of the intention to transfer to a new school, show up at the school and submit a i20 a-b transfer form at the old school 15 days before the new school resumes, if she doesn't have a good rapport with her old school, how can she do this? She would run outta status and she's subject to deportation at sight by homeland..

My opinion tho.. I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
honeyad:

Yes, No, Yes

In the case of having issues At the port of entry, it is written on the page 2 of the i20 that if a student decides not to attend the school he/she gets visa with, he/she needs to contact the school, inform them of the intention to transfer to a new school, show up at the school and submit a i20 a-b transfer form at the old school 15 days before the new school resumes, if she doesn't have a good rapport with her old school, how can she do this? She would run outta status and she's subject to deportation at sight by homeland..

My opinion tho.. I stand to be corrected

Alright. Thanks a lot. She asked her school to defer her admission to the next year and the school declined vehemently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2:

Alright. Thanks a lot. She asked her school to defer her admission to the next year and the school declined vehemently

Most schools require you to pay fees before registering for classes.. She's not in the states yet undecided its confusing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2:

To the best of my knowledge.. I think she can go ahead to get a new school, get the new i20, also the i20 a-b form when she gets to the state, she will post it with the normal postal service to her former school and continue with the latter.. Once she's a student of the new school.. I don't think she can have any issue with loosing her status
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
DanjaNinja:

July 19th @ Jeptha, P.H City...
that's where I intend taking my test too,did you pay there or you did it online ursef?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
honeyad:

Most schools require you to pay fees before registering for classes.. She's not in the states yet undecided its confusing

No, she is not in the States yet. She is still in Nigeria. She couldn't meet up with the payment deadline, so she asked for deferment to which her school refused and said they were going to terminate her i-20 and file her in with the immigration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2:

No, she is not in the States yet. She is still in Nigeria. She couldn't meet up with the payment deadline, so she asked for deferment to which her school refused and said they were going to terminate her i-20 and file her in with the immigration.

I have a suggestion bro.. Let's talk privately..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
Graviton2:

Please leave this girl alone and concentrate on your future cheesy

Her attitude is probably disgusting, that's why the university is hostile to her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
honeyad:

I have a suggestion bro.. Let's talk privately..

Alright. On it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RichEstate(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
great people. i am in uae and i want to kno how easy it is to get two years visa to usa from uae as a nigerian. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: Please leave this girl alone and concentrate on your future cheesy

Her attitude is probably disgusting, that's why the university is hostile to her.

That's okay — I don't mind helping anyone who requires it. She has her reasons for wanting to remain anonymous and I respect that.

Attitude is a non-factor regarding her situation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
ganjaninja pls answer my pm,,,,thanks smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
RichEstate: great people. i am in uae and i want to kno how easy it is to get two years visa to usa from uae as a nigerian. thanks

You are seen as a potential immigrant if you apply outside your home country.. So I'd advice you to have a re think.. Moreover this is not the right thread.. Check the us visit thread and direct your questions there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cashglue: 12:10am On Jul 29, 2014
Mystiqme:
Difficult one. Could you get a professor from your dept to stand in for you? Or someone from where you work in school? I agree with you, in less populated counties, this shouldn't be a big problem.

I agree that this may be an issue in a big city like NY. I already got an apartment for the next year from naija. They insisted on a guarantor but then I didn't have anybody to guarantee me. The other option I was given was to be my own guarantor in which case I would have to pay the first and last month's rents upfront. Needless to say I took this option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:20am On Jul 29, 2014
dahfweshdude69: cameron university in lawton

Okay, mine is UCO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Rubywoo:

Thanks a lot for your input.but when I want to cancel its showing me the next available date as being in september.do i still go ahead and cancel my date.Thanks

No don't cancel your initial date. Thought the embassy approved your emergency appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Fweshdude(m): 12:55am On Jul 29, 2014
fadinus: Congrats fweshdude
†hαηκs brσ†hεr..

Gσd blεss γαα..

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.