Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454534 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rubywoo(f): 4:17am On Jul 29, 2014
domex007:

No don't cancel your initial date. Thought the embassy approved your emergency appointment?

Yes they did approve it.I was sent an email and it was stated on my appointment page that it was approved.

just dont know how to proceed about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 5:43am On Jul 29, 2014
PedigreeCity: The bible says "In everything give thanks"

I love this...You gonna get it brother.... Be steadfast!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:23am On Jul 29, 2014
Rubywoo:

Yes they did approve it.I was sent an email and it was stated on my appointment page that it was approved.

just dont know how to proceed about it.

@Idawbraz pls we need your assistance..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2014
bartino: that's where I intend taking my test too,did you pay there or you did it online ursef?

You can't pay at the exam venue. You have to pay and register online. I paid with my Gtbank Mastercard via the Paypal Platform.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2014
Good morning Fellas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2014
ridimic1: ganjaninja pls answer my pm,,,,thanks smiley

its danjaninja not ganjaninja.. grin grin grin...i dont do weed....and i just responded....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:07am On Jul 29, 2014
[quote author=Mjseun]Please when do you guys think sms/email will be sent from dhl or ustraveldocs.com. Ooooo. I agree yesterday and today is public holiday but it was already 5 days last Friday that the us visa was approved.

Anybody whose visa got approved and has gotten any sms/email from ustraveldocs.com?

Really want to lay hold on it.

You should get it within the week.. I think it's because of the holiday.. Keep checking your mail right from tomorrow boss.. You've gotten the visa already smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ngofancy: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2014
Mjseun: Please when do you guys think sms/email will be sent from dhl or ustraveldocs.com. Ooooo. I agree yesterday and today is public holiday but it was already 5 days last Friday that the us visa was approved.

Anybody whose visa got approved and has gotten any sms/email from ustraveldocs.com?

Really want to lay hold on it.

Thanks
My e-mail also has not been sent to me after approval. My visa was approved a week ago .But I guess I shuld receive it soon after the public hholls. Don't think there is any problem about that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2014
rosybabyy: I would like to know the likelyhood of being granted a usa visa. I am a single lady working in an airline. This is my first time of applying for a visa. I planned to travel for course in flight dispatch around November this year. I am sponsoring myself. its a six weeks course and intend to use my annual leave for the course the total expenses is about N1500,000 and I have a fixed deposit of N2,500,00. Would I be needing any letter from my employer if yes which documents exactly? Please fast response would be appreciated.

Yes I believe you do.
Do you intend to work in the same airline after your course?
If you do you'll need to get an official letter from them stating they'll offer you your job back and even promote you(To show you have strong oversea ties). You didn't mention if you was married or not.
Be ready to explain to a VO how this course is gonna affect your career positively.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2014
Pls where exactly in Lagos can I get the transparent zip lock bag?
Zee n others pls assist..........am traveling tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:42am On Jul 29, 2014
Idazbawz: can u share your age range??
My 3days experience at the embassy-- they've never approved a training visa... Consulars frown at it.

If you are not dat old, I'd advice you go through school, prolly MSC....

I have someone dat shares your profile, with his invitation letter from d sch n his wealth, he still finds it difficult to get an approved visa...

I'm not discouraging u tho... Ori yato work

My 2 kobo

Quite the contrary... I know 3poeple who got their US visa on their first try and going for the same Dispatch course and they all work for either an airline aviation handling company.
Your case will make a lot of sense if your company is in the whole story. Package yourself well and the visa is yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rosybabyy: 8:45am On Jul 29, 2014
@stewee, thanks for the encouraging response; I stated my status in in my earlier post if u check well. My company only sponsor those already in the department. I don't see anything wrong with a hardworking lady trying to improve herself I have seven years experience, I have and I have saved enough to run this programm. God should let his will be done in my life smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 8:48am On Jul 29, 2014
iamchux:

I love this...You gonna get it brother.... Be steadfast!
. Amen! In Jesus name. Thanks so much...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femoric9: 8:49am On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks for ur advice the other time, I have applied for an extension of my resumption date and I am expecting a favourable result. Pls, my elder brother is sponsoring me and his account is not that strong, I have about 4m on my form I-20 and he has just around 5m on his account balance. Pls, I am also thinking of calling him my Dad sonce we bears d same name, I learnt dat carries a better weight, but my fear is dat d age difference is just like 18yrs, I don't know if dia is a way they can find out d age difference in d visa application form and also find out if he is actually my elder brother and not father. Pls, enlighten me plssss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 29, 2014
femoric9: Thanks for ur advice the other time, I have applied for an extension of my resumption date and I am expecting a favourable result. Pls, my elder brother is sponsoring me and his account is not that strong, I have about 4m on my form I-20 and he has just around 5m on his account balance. Pls, I am also thinking of calling him my Dad sonce we bears d same name, I learnt dat carries a better weight, but my fear is dat d age difference is just like 18yrs, I don't know if dia is a way they can find out d age difference in d visa application form and also find out if he is actually my elder brother and not father. Pls, enlighten me plssss
Tell the VO that he is your elder brother. It's family ties.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 9:03am On Jul 29, 2014
femoric9: Thanks for ur advice the other time, I have applied for an extension of my resumption date and I am expecting a favourable result. Pls, my elder brother is sponsoring me and his account is not that strong, I have about 4m on my form I-20 and he has just around 5m on his account balance. Pls, I am also thinking of calling him my Dad sonce we bears d same name, I learnt dat carries a better weight, but my fear is dat d age difference is just like 18yrs, I don't know if dia is a way they can find out d age difference in d visa application form and also find out if he is actually my elder brother and not father. Pls, enlighten me plssss

I don't think calling your brother ur dad is a good idea. I recall it was only my parents information(DOB included) dat was requested I fill in my ds 160 and putting your brothers name might hold him down; if not now, later.
Let him beef up his account a bit and you get ready to tell the VO he wants to pay ur dad back cos he trained him.
I want with my brother's statement and the VO asked for it though favorably cos my assistantship covered me.
Plan well n you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:05am On Jul 29, 2014
rosybabyy: @stewee, thanks for the encouraging response; I stated my status in in my earlier post if u check well. My company only sponsor those already in the department. I don't see anything wrong with a hardworking lady trying to improve herself I have seven years experience, I have and I have saved enough to run this programm. God should let his will be done in my life smiley

Its nothing.
I don't see anything wrong too but convincing a VO could be another entirely.
Have you gotten a school? You should be applying for a M1 visa.

You should have these documents...

Annual or study leave letter.
A cover letter from your company.
Statement of Account
I20
Admission letter
Sevis Reciept
Other supporting documents to show home ties.

Once you have this, you are ready to hit the embassy. Make sure you have a 30day period in between interview day and resumption day.

Then we can help you with possible questions and answers.

All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:11am On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Alright. Thanks a lot. She asked her school to defer her admission to the next year and the school declined vehemently

This is crazy.
Why would they decline?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Hello house, Please when will sms/email be sent from dhl/ ustraveldocs.com. Agreed yesterday and today are public holiday. But the visa was approved last Monday (5 working days already).

I need to touch that thing o and need it to go in with my plans. God has done it already and no going back.

Anyone whose visa was approved last Monday and has retrieved the passport should talk to me please.

I await your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
DanjaNinja:

You can't pay at the exam venue. You have to pay and register online. I paid with my Gtbank Mastercard via the Paypal Platform.
Yea I will do just that bro,I am aware of the method of payment. Guess you paid and chose that place as the centre you wish to take the test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2014
[quote author=rosybabyy]

How long is your annual leave and how long is the training?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rosybabyy: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
@juntod my leave is six weeks and d course is five weeks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rosybabyy: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
@ stewee and others thanks for your different responses. I can get an introduction letter from my coy to the embassy and my leave certificate but is it necessary to let the comp know what I am using my leave for since I am sponsoring myself?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
rosybabyy: @juntod my leave is six weeks and d course is five weeks

Its a short program. You are very free to sponsor yourself. Fear not. Just be confident and don't sound like USA means anything to you. Hammer more on what the program will do for you at your work place once your return.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
rosybabyy: @ stewee and others thanks for your different responses. I can get an introduction letter from my coy to the embassy and my leave certificate but is it necessary to let the comp know what I am using my leave for since I am sponsoring myself?

Yes it is necessary but not compulsory that they know you are leaving the shores of your country. The main point in the letter should be that your job still awaits you if you return to Nigeria after your leave. It is not compulsory they indicate that you will be promoted. You should be able to orally explain to the VO what the additional certificate will do for you professionally in the nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
danjaninja sory jor for d mistake in ur nameee grin

plss o some of us are waiting patiently for the sch steps u promised o..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rosybabyy: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks na to dey package the english now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
rosybabyy: @ stewee and others thanks for your different responses. I can get an introduction letter from my coy to the embassy and my leave certificate but is it necessary to let the comp know what I am using my leave for since I am sponsoring myself?
Yes. For training, company is the best way. Once the airline agrees to sponsor you, then the visa is yours. Personal sponsor for training visa is so hard to obtain at the embassy. Anyway, just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. And also hope in God that He'll do it for you!

A friend of mine was issued a visa without much questions just because she works in the hospital and the hospital were sponsoring her.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2014

I know you might not want to let your company know but because of the content of the letter they would have to know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mjseun: Hello house, Please when will sms/email be sent from dhl/ ustraveldocs.com. Agreed yesterday and today are public holiday. But the visa was approved last Monday (5 working days already).

I need to touch that thing o and need it to go in with my plans. God has done it already and no going back.

Anyone whose visa was approved last Monday and has retrieved the passport should talk to me please.

I await your response.
hello I just received this mail from them. here it reads

"Dear Applicant,

The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system which are affecting operations globally. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers. We will return your passport with visa as soon as we are able to complete processing, but are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.

If you would like your passport returned to you without the U.S. visa, please contact the call center at 014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with your name and passport number, and we will return it to you. You can later contact 01-4406295 for information on how to return your passport to the Embassy/Consulate for the visa.

If you have an urgent need to travel to the United States, please contact LagosNIV@state.gov with your name, passport number, and nature of your emergency. Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature can be considered for exceptional handling.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter and apologize for any inconvenience"

Have anyone gotten this email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.