Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454604 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
@timodam4real, congratulations, welcome on board
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
@luckyluciano77, congratulations, welcome on board
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
@NLand, I'm back !! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mjseun: Please house, I want to book my ticket to New york now. but the airline (british airline) transiting through London, Do I need a transit visa to stop in London? please i need response as soon as possible.

cheers.

No....it was addressed before!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mjseun: Please house, I want to book my ticket to New york now. but the airline (british airline) transiting through London, Do I need a transit visa to stop in London? please i need response as soon as possible.

cheers.
This issue has been examined and treated before. You can’t apply for a transit visa if you need to go through immigration,for example to check in your luggage on to a connecting flight..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
osahons9:

No....it was addressed before!!

Are you 100% sure friend? because im about to book now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
aanowai: Hello Decreamaster, Hello house!!

I have been accepted and granted admission for my graduate study this Fall. I'm also made to understand that my admission letter and I-20 should be here in a couple of days.

My questions are:-

(1) Do I wait for the admission letter and I-20 to get here first, before proceeding to pay the SEVIS fee and Visa fee?

(2) If no, how do I proceed with paying the SEVIS fee through the help of a friend in the U.S? I have a friend who can help me pay with a Money Order, but what do I need to do from here and what does my friend need to do?

Thanks all..
i would advice you to receive ur i20 first becoz u cant proceed with d sevis payment unless you know the sevis number which is always on the i20.reax and wait for it bro.congrats.
wat sch is dat?maybe i can apply too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring:

The Girl or the Guy

I shake out marinegrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mjseun:

why you getting your mind all worked up?

You only need the transit visa,if you will leave the airport prolly to visit a family or friend.And must not spend more than 48hrs.I think the visa fee(transit is 40pounds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
abeg make una help me o
who fit help me receive my docs from sch
i mean d docs will be sent to him/her and i will pay him/her to send it back to nigeria...
plssss i need urgent answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
ridimic1:

guyman u jus forget ur guy..no be so oo kiss

lmao...i no forget u o....lol...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
zeezahbee
you have a pm wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
@ceeglozzy , LoveDecay,puffilee387, pixietop and kennyzita congratulations, welcome on board !!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
olumide098: Guyz wish me happy birthday nah...
BO$$!, Happy BDay

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mjseun:

Book your ticket jor. Na man u be before oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2014

cheers.

As far as you have a valid US visa, you don't need a transit visa to pass through UK to the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hello guys, it's been a while! All glory to God I had a safe & awesome trip to the states via Doha & Paris courtesy Qatar Airways! Wishing all other friends (Ashigolo, Oyero1 etc) safe trip too!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Doctoroma: Hello guys, it's been a while! All glory to God I had a safe & awesome trip to the states via Doha & Paris courtesy Qatar Airways! Wishing all other friends (Ashigolo, Oyero1 etc) safe trip too!
u gat a pm doctor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Faraidi(m): 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
aanowai: Hello Imperiouxx, Hello house!!

I have been accepted and granted admission for my graduate study this Fall. I'm also made to understand that my admission letter and I-20 should be here in a couple of days.

My questions are:-

(1) Do I wait for the admission letter and I-20 to get here first, before proceeding to pay the SEVIS fee and Visa fee?

(2) If no, how do I proceed with paying the SEVIS fee through the help of a friend in the U.S? I have a friend who can help me pay with a Money Order, but what do I need to do from here and what does my friend need to do?

Thanks all..
first,tell ur school to send you a scanned copy off ur 1-20,then schedule an appointment and pay SEVIS fee with the SEVIS number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Faraidi(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Idazbawz: of cos, it is... after the second deferment, he'll need to pay another application fee..
That's all
exactly brother,you are right.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Faraidi(m): 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Walspring:

If he get brain am sure he wont need to pay for second deferment...
how do you mean,Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
I just got my ticket to NY for NGN 257269 (Royal Air marock). is the deal ok? will book to Gainesville when i get to the JFK... what do you guys think? Hope transit visa no go dey necessary ooo, stopping at Casablanca. Sorry for asking again. I previously ask for stops in London now is Casablanca. Cheers

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Mjseun: I just got my ticket to NY for NGN 257269 (Royal Air marock). is the deal ok? will book to Gainesville when i get to the JFK... what do you guys think? Hope transit visa no go dey necessary ooo, stopping at Casablanca. Sorry for asking again. I previously ask for stops in London now is Casablanca. Cheers

Thanks
at all. You don't need nada
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 12:20am On Aug 09, 2014
Greetings  to the house. This is my first time on here. I know my questions might have been answered before. But pls help a brother in need bcuz it's an urgent situation.

I want to apply for undergraduate studies into any university or college in Atlanta (suggestions are welcome) for the next available session and I would like additional information.

Please is it necessary/ mandatory  I have TOEFL/SAT scores,  Since English is my first Language here in Nigeria ‎? I'm hoping this can be waived.

Secondly, apart from the application processing fee, what other fees am I to pay before I can be given admission or during the course of my application?

And finally, when exactly do I pay tuition fees? If hopefully I'm given admission. 
Do I pay be‎fore I leave Nigeria or I can pay the tuition fees on arrival to the US? .

‎Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by repsin(m): 12:33am On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99: Greetings  to the house. This is my first time on here. I know my questions might have been answered before. But pls help a brother in need bcuz it's an urgent situation.

I want to apply for undergraduate studies into any university or college in Atlanta (suggestions are welcome) for the next available session and I would like additional information.

Please is it necessary/ mandatory  I have TOEFL/SAT scores,  Since English is my first Language here in Nigeria ‎? I'm hoping this can be waived.

Secondly, apart from the application processing fee, what other fees am I to pay before I can be given admission or during the course of my application?

And finally, when exactly do I pay tuition fees? If hopefully I'm given admission. 
Do I pay be‎fore I leave Nigeria or I can pay the tuition fees on arrival to the US? .
My brother nobody will spoon feed you here trust me. Go online use Google search for schools. Ask google.com any question. Read this thread from the start. It's all about dedication and hardwork. It's advisable to write at least one standardised test. You're not required to pay before you leave.

‎Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 12:35am On Aug 09, 2014
kennyzita: congrats. . . vickiestephen
congrat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 1:21am On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99: Greetings  to the house. This is my first time on here. I know my questions might have been answered before. But pls help a brother in need bcuz it's an urgent situation.

‎Thanks in anticipation.

-Please it is necessary/ mandatory you take a standardized test(undergraduate=SAT), even if it can be waived by your school, but for embassy sake, it's necessary.
-application processing fee is the only thing you need to pay
-Don't pay tuition unless you've gotten Visa, meaning ,you should only pay your tuition when u get to The US
Hope this helps, Good luck !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Why must the U.S make there visa impossible to get like this? Must I actually be employed before i can afford to go for tourism in the U.S?
Here is a scenario. Lets say i have 1.5 to 2 million naira in my account, Booked and payed a 7 day tour of several tourist sites in the U.S, booked a round trip airline ticket, Wrote a statement showing my binding ties to Nigeria like reasonably well to do family, existing family bussiness which i must come back in helping in the management, good future ambition in nigeria. And that i had some travel history such that i did my degree abroad, have been to cameroon before. But that am Unemployed .

So my question is, Is my unemployed status really a reason to deny me a tourist/visit visa? Even though they state on their embassy websites that binding ties can be social or family in nigeria. Is my roundtrip airline ticket, tour package booking and payment, reasonable bank statement not enough evidence to convince them i indeed intend on returning to nigeria? Or are they saying that unemployed people should not want to go on vacation even if they have the means?

mind you i did not apply for a U.S visa yet, but just that the stories am reading here makes it seem like an impossibility to travel to the U.S. Its not every body that have a hundred thousand naira a month job you know, its not everybody that has a landed property or a wife or a company to act as a "binding tie", some just have the life long dream of seeing new york city, visiting the grand canyon, seeing mount rushmore, e.t.c but NO, they just have to quash your dreams by ever bringing in more requirements like you got be employed first, overlooking the fact that those intending tourists have more than enough financial means to cover all travel expensies. Or should i stop wasting my time and instead look for another tourist attractive country with less harsh visa requirements to go and have atleast a week or two of sane, enjoyable vacation rather than worrying myself in the process of trying to meet the demands of U.S tourist visa requirements.

Vicjustice, or Justwise please enlighten me further. Is the unemployed status a real disadvantage in visit visa application? or is it just people on nairaland making it seem like a big deal, because in the canadian visit visa eligibility test, I ticked unemployed, had a travel history, and duration of visit: not more than two weeks and they gave a result that am Eligible to apply. Another thing is, on the U.S embassy site, they gave examples of binding ties to include either employement, or family and social ties, or business ties, e.t.c so any one of them can be a binding tie not necessarily all, but if i come on nairaland, they so much stress the "having a job" thing. Its so frustrating and confusing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 4:58am On Aug 09, 2014
cycober: Why must the U.S make there visa impossible to get like this? Must I actually be employed before i can afford to go for tourism in the U.S?
Here is a scenario. Lets say i have 1.5 to 2 million naira in my account, Booked and payed a 7 day tour of several tourist sites in the U.S, booked a round trip airline ticket, Wrote a statement showing my binding ties to Nigeria like reasonably well to do family, existing family bussiness which i must come back in helping in the management, good future ambition in nigeria. And that i had some travel history such that i did my degree abroad, have been to cameroon before. But that am Unemployed .

So my question is, Is my unemployed status really a reason to deny me a tourist/visit visa? Even though they state on their embassy websites that binding ties can be social or family in nigeria. Is my roundtrip airline ticket, tour package booking and payment, reasonable bank statement not enough evidence to convince them i indeed intend on returning to nigeria? Or are they saying that unemployed people should not want to go on vacation even if they have the means?

mind you i did not apply for a U.S visa yet, but just that the stories am reading here makes it seem like an impossibility to travel to the U.S. Its not every body that have a hundred thousand naira a month job you know, its not everybody that has a landed property or a wife or a company to act as a "binding tie", some just have the life long dream of seeing new york city, visiting the grand canyon, seeing mount rushmore, e.t.c but NO, they just have to quash your dreams by ever bringing in more requirements like you got be employed first, overlooking the fact that those intending tourists have more than enough financial means to cover all travel expensies. Or should i stop wasting my time and instead look for another tourist attractive country with less harsh visa requirements to go and have atleast a week or two of sane, enjoyable vacation rather than worrying myself in the process of trying to meet the demands of U.S tourist visa requirements.

Vicjustice, or Justwise please enlighten me further. Is the unemployed status a real disadvantage in visit visa application? or is it just people on nairaland making it seem like a big deal, because in the canadian visit visa eligibility test, I ticked unemployed, had a travel history, and duration of visit: not more than two weeks and they gave a result that am Eligible to apply. Another thing is, on the U.S embassy site, they gave examples of binding ties to include either employement, or family and social ties, or business ties, e.t.c so any one of them can be a binding tie not necessarily all, but if i come on nairaland, they so much stress the "having a job" thing. Its so frustrating and confusing

My brother, don't be discouraged already before going to the embassy. An unemployed friend of mine from college visited US recently. He just graduated recently and just entered camp few days ago, these guys that just entered camp recently. He came here and returned.

Usually being a young unemployed male is a reason to deny because these people have a long history since decades ago of young unemployed Nigerian males who swore on their late grandmothers during the interview to return but till today are still enjoying in obodo oyibo. But there are often exceptions. Once you have strong evidence of strong ties to Nigeria, you should get your visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:11am On Aug 09, 2014

‎Thanks in anticipation.

First, your submission of SAT/TOEFL depends on your school's requirement. Some schools ask for both exams, some ask only for either of them. Now concerning TOEFL, despite the fact that Nigeria is English-speaking, some schools still don't recognize her as an English-speaking country and still go ahead to demand for TOEFL from Nigerians. While some schools recognize her as anglophone and waive the TOEFL requirement from Nigerians. It all depends on the school you're applying to. Tailoring your search options, you could specifically select schools that don't require TOEFL from Nigerians if you really don't want to write TOEFL. However, I strongly advise that you take the SAT exam even if your prospective school needs it not, especially for embassy purposes. There's a higher denial rate for non-SAT holders than there is for SAT-holders. Having SAT gives the VO the impression of a serious student.

Second, no other fee after application fee. However, there are other little fees you might have to pay after being given admission, such as to pay courier fee to have your I-20 mailed to you by courier. Then also, SEVIS fee of $200 and visa booking fee of N26,400 (that was during my time last year. Don't know how much it is now. I've become old school like a Nigerian man I met here last month who left Nigeria since 1983 who still thinks Bendel state exists. cheesy)

Third, for most schools you only pay tuition after you arrive here and school has started, usually within the first month of class resumption. But for some schools with a record of dishing out admissions and I-20s to Nigerians who never show up at school during orientation and afterwards(Nigerians desperate to leave Nigeria who use school admissions to get visa, enter into the US and never show up, thus leading to loss in financial revenues to the school. Each student who doesn't show up is tuition and fees not paid to the school bursary), they demand for part payment of tuition before releasing your I-20, to ensure you're really serious about studying.

I hope your questions are answered now. Feel free to ask your questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:24am On Aug 09, 2014
decreamaster: zeezahbee
you have a pm wink
seen and replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:20am On Aug 09, 2014
zeezahbee: seen and replied
nt yet seen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.