Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 6:30am On Aug 09, 2014
zeezahbee: its not a problem, if you havent submited your ds160, just edit the passport number and on the appointment booking page also you do same. affidavit or watever, you still need to edit it, it wont take you anything to fill a new ds160 if you submitted already.
Go with your mom account, going with the company account will make it look more like you spending the whole company money on yourself plus i still remember your question, i doubt if your course is in anyway related to what the company do. so your mom account and yours is berra

Thanks zeezah, but am sorry to ask this. Hope the school does not share information with the embassy, i mean the information i used in applying for admission. Though it was the old passport i used to apply for admission and at the time i was filling the ds160, i used the new passport number.
My question now is does the school one is going share students information with the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2014
castrotroy80:

Thanks zeezah, but am sorry to ask this. Hope the school does not share information with the embassy, i mean the information i used in applying for admission. Though it was the old passport i used to apply for admission and at the time i was filling the ds160, i used the new passport number.
My question now is does the school one is going share students information with the embassy?

Even if they share, it doesn't matter. What matters is that you have documents to back your claim and that the new passport obtained bears exactly the same name on your old passport.

Scenario: If you have a visa on a passport and misplace it before travelling, they will issue another one on a new passport bearing the same name without any objection. Compared to your case, you have no problem at all. Just like Zeezahbee said, make sure all your visa application documents have the new passport number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2014
juntod:

Even if they share, it doesn't matter. What matters is that you have documents to back your claim and that the new passport obtained bears exactly the same name on your old passport.

Scenario: If you have a visa on a passport and misplace it before travelling, they will issue another one on a new passport bearing the same name without any objection. Compared to your case, you have no problem at all. Just like Zeezahbee said, make sure all your visa application documents have the new passport number.

Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 8:31am On Aug 09, 2014
exxy:

-Please it is necessary/ mandatory you take a standardized test(undergraduate=SAT), even if it can be waived by your school, but for embassy sake, it's necessary.
-application processing fee is the only thing you need to pay
-Don't pay tuition unless you've gotten Visa, meaning ,you should only pay your tuition when u get to The US
Hope this helps, Good luck !!

God bless you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2014
bigfrancis21:

First, your submission of SAT/TOEFL depends on your school's requirement. Some schools ask for both exams, some ask only for either of them. Now concerning TOEFL, despite the fact that Nigeria is English-speaking, some schools still don't recognize her as an English-speaking country and still go ahead to demand for TOEFL from Nigerians. While some schools recognize her as anglophone and waive the TOEFL requirement from Nigerians. It all depends on the school you're applying to. Tailoring your search options, you could specifically select schools that don't require TOEFL from Nigerians if you really don't want to write TOEFL. However, I strongly advise that you take the SAT exam even if your prospective school needs it not, especially for embassy purposes. There's a higher denial rate for non-SAT holders than there is for SAT-holders. Having SAT gives the VO the impression of a serious student.

Second, no other fee after application fee. However, there are other little fees you might have to pay after being given admission, such as to pay courier fee to have your I-20 mailed to you by courier. Then also, SEVIS fee of $200 and visa booking fee of N26,400 (that was during my time last year. Don't know how much it is now. I've become old school like a Nigerian man I met here last month who left Nigeria since 1983 who still thinks Bendel state exists. cheesy)

Third, for most schools you only pay tuition after you arrive here and school has started, usually within the first month of class resumption. But for some schools with a record of dishing out admissions and I-20s to Nigerians who never show up at school during orientation and afterwards(Nigerians desperate to leave Nigeria who use school admissions to get visa, enter into the US and never show up, thus leading to loss in financial revenues to the school. Each student who doesn't show up is tuition and fees not paid to the school bursary), they demand for part payment of tuition before releasing your I-20, to ensure you're really serious about studying.

I hope your questions are answered now. Feel free to ask your questions.

Thanks.. I really appreciate.

Please do u have an idea of when the next SAT exam is written? And I'm interested in affordable universities and colleges in Atlanta to be precise, can u kindly suggest any?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Please do u have an idea of when the next SAT exam is written? And I'm interested in affordable universities and colleges in Atlanta to be precise, can u kindly suggest any?

Thanks.

You have someone in atlanta? VO be smiling grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2014
osahons9:

Lol.. yes and no I can't mention that to a VO. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2014
osahons9:

Lol.. yes and no I can't mention that to a VO. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Thanks.
bookies don hammer you grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Thanks.

The next SAT dates are Oct 11 and Nov 8 this year. Visit their website, http://sat.collegeboard.org/home for more information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2014
Good day House,

How long does it take for the F-1 visas to be issued? The VO said thursday(A week from when my visa was approved). My plight is I have a 2 week work trip booked on the 14th, I need to know if I should change my flight to 15th or 16th which would cost me a whole lot, or stick with the flight for 14th night if it's sure I would get my passport on the 14th.... I actually thought it was three business days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2014
pixietop: Good day House,

How long does it take for the F-1 visas to be issued? The VO said thursday(A week from when my visa was approved). My plight is I have a 2 week work trip booked on the 14th, I need to know if I should change my flight to 15th or 16th which would cost me a whole lot, or stick with the flight for 14th night if it's sure I would get my passport on the 14th.... I actually thought it was three business days.

You will get it on the 14th. Usually it's 3 business working days. So I would stick around till 14th n if no news, before I change date. Hope you can reschedule anytime? I think that will save you some money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 9:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Just imagined something. Guys, have you ever thought of booking your flight even before your interview? grin That is the way to go for me. When the time comes, once I get my I-20, I'm most likely gonna book my flight. cheesy #MindOfAgod wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2014
godG: Just imagined something. Guys, have you ever thought of booking your flight even before your interview? grin That is the way to go for me. When the time comes, once I get my I-20, I'm most likely gonna book my flight. cheesy #MindOfAgod wink

Bigfrancis did same!! grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2014
osahons9:

You will get it on the 14th. Usually it's 3 business working days. So I would stick around till 14th n if no news, before I change date. Hope you can reschedule anytime? I think that will save you some money.

That's the problem, I can't re-schedule anytime. Availability of seats on 15th and 16th is an issue. If I re-schedule today to 15th I would have to upgrade, cost is $1100 dollars. If I wait till Thursday, then I might be looking at business class if I want to leave on 15th or 16th. I leave Nigeria for Chicago on the 4th September, So I have to leave on the 16th to be back 1st/2nd.

It's a real fix.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pixietop(m): 10:19am On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica:

\

We(my wife and I) actually BOUGHT our ticket a week before our interview. It doesn't affect your chances with the VO, it just means you have FAITH, a very important element.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica:

Wow! Then, I wasn't being unrealistic with my thoughts. It pays like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2014
pixietop: \

We(my wife and I) actually BOUGHT our ticket a week before our interview. It doesn't affect your chances with the VO, it just means you have FAITH, a very important element.

Yes. Not even the issue of chances, getting a 'ridiculously' affordable flight is the idea. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2014
frankben: bookies don hammer you grin grin

Frankben grin grin u Don Smoke ur pawpaw leaf this morning abi cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 09, 2014
siegfried99:

Frankben grin grin u Don Smoke ur pawpaw leaf this morning abi cheesy grin
lol. grin

me no take anything o. BTW, what's the tuition in usa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Hello house!

Is Eja panla (Stock-fish) allowed while checking in, also at the Point of Entry (Toronto not New York)? I'm traveling with a lot of it.. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Djpunpin: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2014
is st cloud state university Minnesota a red flag . Pls boss boss. am new
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 11:13am On Aug 09, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The next SAT dates are Oct 11 and Nov 8 this year. Visit their website, http://sat.collegeboard.org/home for more information.

Thanks a lot..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by siegfried99(m): 11:16am On Aug 09, 2014
frankben: lol. grin

me no take anything o. BTW, what's the tuition in usa

Bro me sef dey liase with them oga them for the house to get info and know the way forward.

Please house, can anyone suggest a cheap university or college in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JycOsas(f): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2014
hello
am new to dis trend
want to say a big thanks to Graviton , streetmic
just had a successful interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2014
JycOsas: hello
am new to dis trend

Ok good. Post your transcript to help those in darkness.

Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2014
JycOsas: hello
am new to dis trend

congrats, now complete the ritual by posting ur transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Amefrica: Hello house!

Is Eja panla (Stock-fish) allowed while checking in, also at the Point of Entry (Toronto not New York)? I'm traveling with a lot of it.. cheesy
I love stock-fish smiley Please can you give me some? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Joenice: I love stock-fish smiley Please can you give me some? cheesy

Sure, why not?? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Idazbawz: sire... since your admission package is in transit, go ahead and make the payments(SEVIS and visa fee) email your school to scan u a copy of your i20, you'll need it during your SEVIS payment.

Speaking of sevis payment, why cant u just go and pay it via western union at cotonou?? Wen is yur schoil resuming.. well, payment through check/money order can be made after filling your payment coupon(can be found at fmjfee.com) online, then print it out.... scan it to your Frnd in US; he'll need to mail the coupon alongside the money order to SEVIS i901 mailing address(its boldly written on their website)

Good luck

Idazbawz, thank you my brother.

Pls what if my school can't send me a scanned copy of my I20? Isn't it possible to proceed with paying my SEVIS and visa fee without my I20? What info do I really need from my I20 to make payment of my SEVIS and visa fee?

Pls ur advise on this particular question is of utmost importance.

Which do you think is faster? Paying my SEVIS fee via western union from Cotonou or paying thru my friend in U.S. I really think paying thru my friend in U.S is kinda complicated.. Pls explain and advise me, my brother because my school's orientation is on 20th and resumption date is 25th.. I want to do this quickly so that all these can be sorted out b4 the arrival of my admission package. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
aanowai:

Idazbawz, thank you my brother.

Pls what if my school can't send me a scanned copy of my I20? Isn't it possible to proceed with paying my SEVIS and visa fee without my I20? What info do I really need from my I20 to make payment of my SEVIS and visa fee?

Pls ur advise on this particular question is of utmost importance.

Which do you think is faster? Paying my SEVIS fee via western union from Cotonou or paying thru my friend in U.S. I really think paying thru my friend in U.S is kinda complicated.. Pls explain and advise me, my brother because my school's orientation is on 20th and resumption date is 25th.. I want to do this quickly so that all these can be sorted out b4 the arrival of my admission package. Thank you.
bro you will need your SEVIS no and school code in making the payments....

Pay thru western union in cotonou bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
Joenice: Ok good. Post your transcript to help those in darkness.

Congrats.
those in darkness? That's a very wrong choice of words Joe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.