Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454582 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
pls any one with used SAT and TOEFL text book?
am interested ooooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
A friend said to me that the minimum cgpa is 2.5 in mostly american schools....... But i just needed nairaland topup info....
Joenice: Hello, it's not impossible to procure admission for masters but it's somehow difficult. If you really wanna make your American dream a reality, you may just have to go for Bachelor first in a good university and then transfer to community college when you get to America. Isn't it okay for you this way?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: A friend said to me that the minimum cgpa is 2.5 in mostly american schools....... But i just needed nairaland topup info....
That's not truth. One thing you should realize is Americans need money, so admission is always there for those who want it. grin That's why I like the Chinese, Indians, Pakis. When they come to foreign land, they always want to take back what they spent there, even times 10. The Chinese are very good at it. And that's why you see them everywhere.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Do i necessarily need wes to evaluate my results for me when already i know the minimum cgpa schools requirements?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
Joenice: That's not truth. One thing you should realize is Americans need money, so admission is always there for those who want it. grin That's why I like the Chinese, Indians, Pakis. When they come to foreign land, they always want to take back what they spent there, even times 10. The Chinese are very good at it. And that's why you see them everywhere.
So that makes it a YES that they will take 2.5 as their minimum cgpa for admission considerations.
But lemme ask you, is it compulsory i evaluate my certificate through wes?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: So that makes it a YES that they will take 2.5 as their minimum cgpa for admission considerations.
But lemme ask you, is it compulsory i evaluate my certificate through wes?
yes...very compulsory, if you want to study in America. US and Nigeria does not have the same system of learning. Just like in football 3-5-2 formation is totally different from 4-4-2. you got my drift, right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
dahfweshdude69: sorry for posting my travel experience this late. i've been busy exploring my school.
I left lagos on the 25th of july via emirates around 8;50pm. It was very interesting(my first time in a plane), i sat beside the window and got scared at first but later summoned up the courage to look outside. I got to dubai in the morning and i decided to walk round the airport .It was magnificent, compared to mma, it looked like paradise. I met a married couple who were also going to texas, we took pictures together and they were very friendly,they also bought food for me. We left dubai that same morning for texas and the journey was very long and boring. The peeps beside me missed their flight so i was alone. You will be given an immigration form where you must declare everything you have on you once you are on board and en route the united states. We got to houston in the afternoon by 4pm and went straight to claim my luggage, on getting there, emirates forgot my smaller box which contained just food stuffs at dubai, ijust had to go through immigration like that. The immigration line was just 2 long and while waiting i spoke with a dude whose connecting flight will take off by 5:45pm and we were still far behind and that was around 5:15pm. Cut long story short,he missed his flight(if you are booking a connecting flight,make sure you leave at least 4hrs interval between your arrival time and time your connecting flight will take off). It finally got to my turn and i was interviewed by a chinese dude. He took my finger print(both left and right hand), eye scanning stuff then he asked for my passport and placed my passport in a machine to verify if it was authentic. He went through it and asked for my i-20,admission letter and sevis receipt paper. He looked at it for some secs and asked me how i got to know about the school and why i picked it .I told him ets recommended the school to me after my toefl result came out and after searching about the school, i decided to apply and i was given admission.He then stamped my passport and showed me a place in my i20 that i should tell head of international department to sign once i get to school. Going through customs wasn't hard,just took off my belt,shoe and wristwatch, passed through a body scanner and was told to go and bigger box and handbag were also scanned. Saw my aunt waiting for me already. I left texas on the 28 of july for Oklahoma and my school official was waiting for me at the airport. I got to my school,registered and enrolled for classes,got my id card and was told i won't be needing a placement test, i had a good SAT score(advantage of taking SAT exam even though it wasn't needed for admission). Enjoying life in oklahoma!

Am not really a good writer, it may be boring but please pardon me. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Nice transcript there!
Did they ask for your ticket to Oklahoma at POE in Houston? I just need to know. Coz I intend to get to Atlanta first on Monday before going to Florida (my school) on Thursday? Will Hv my POE in New York City(JFK).
Thanks for your prompt response in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Mjseun: Please whose heading to GNV Florida? Na only me waka come?
I am heading to tallahassee FL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by virginice: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
genxris:
I am heading to tallahassee FL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on masters in usa..
And please What is the minimum cpga for admission considerations??
I will also need gre materials... THANKS HOUSE...
I advice u to have ur skol to forward ur ond and hnd result to wes for evaluation. The advantage is that it will be evaluated as a 4year university course and it's very possible to shoot up ur overall cgpa better than u can even imagine another advantage is that when u go to d embassy u will be looked at as a genuine graduate applicant and not a transfer student.
Another advantage is that once u have wes evaluate ur results, it's everlasting..as in u automatically have an account with them and can easily access it or have them forward it to any body/organization that requests for ur undergraduate results anytime in future.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Mjseun:

Nice transcript there!
Did they ask for your ticket to Oklahoma at POE in Houston? I just need to know. Coz I intend to get to Atlanta first on Monday before going to Florida (my school) on Thursday? Will Hv my POE in New York City(JFK).
Thanks for your prompt response in advance
nah man..just my i-20,admission letter,sevis receipt and passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
vickiestephen: Thanks ngofancy. I'm going to OHIO. I'm using Arik from naija to newyork. Then another flight from New York to Toledo airprt in OHio. My school is university of Findlay
Ohio is very close to my state, Michigan.... when are u travelling?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: I have an HND result in elect elect and i ll like to know if i can further on my masters in usa..
And please What is the minimum cpga for admission considerations??
I will also need gre materials... THANKs

I have seen people obtain masters admission with their HND. Try Wichita State University Kansas.

Minimum cgpa for admission differs from school to school. Some schools ask for minimum of 2.7/4.0 and some 3.0/4.0. A minute few ask for 2.5/4.0.

Send a blank email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll receive an automatic email response containing the download links to the materials you need.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Emirates airline.... 28th august... anyone

Michigan state... anyone

Detroit.... anyone

cry cry cry na only me waka cum? cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
Idazbawz: Emirates airline.... 28th august... anyone

Michigan state... anyone

Detroit.... anyone

grin tongue grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
decreamaster: pls any one with used SAT and TOEFL text book?
am interested ooooo grin grin
ole cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
decreamaster:
grin tongue grin
gerraway juh sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Idazbawz: ole cheesy
hahahahaha
abi nah,make e no waste since i wan do d exam wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Idazbawz: gerraway juh sad
there is God tinz
grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I have seen people obtain masters admission with their HND. Try Wichita State University Kansas.

Minimum cgpa for admission differs from school to school. Some schools ask for minimum of 2.7/4.0 and some 3.0/4.0. A minute few ask for 2.5/4.0.

Send a blank email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll receive an automatic email response containing the download links to the materials you need.
sent u a pm sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
dahfweshdude69: nah man..just my i-20,admission letter,sevis receipt and passport

I wanted this information. Have a nice stay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Idazbawz: Emirates airline.... 28th august... anyone

Michigan state... anyone

Detroit.... anyone

C'mon! Shut up there! Na only you waka come, now enter that flight before I say "Ebola" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Everyone goin For interview dis week is gonna b a sucess in jesus mighty name.Amen

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: sent u a pm sir

I replied you. Draft it out and send to me. I'll review it and reply you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
genxris:
I advice u to have ur skol to forward ur ond and hnd result to wes for evaluation. The advantage is that it will be evaluated as a 4year university course and it's very possible to shoot up ur overall cgpa better than u can even imagine another advantage is that when u go to d embassy u will be looked at as a genuine graduate applicant and not a transfer student.
Another advantage is that once u have wes evaluate ur results, it's everlasting..as in u automatically have an account with them and can easily access it or have them forward it to any body/organization that requests for ur undergraduate results anytime in future.
Thanks boss....
WES is gonna charge me another $250 ooooooo.
Do i have to write the GRE before i inform the school to send my results to WES or or after writing the GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
Graviton2:

C'mon! Shut up there! Na only you waka come, now enter that flight before I say "Ebola" grin grin
Ebo what? lipsrsealed *tear race*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: sent u a pm sir
May God bless you sir..........................
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
Idazbawz: Ebo what? lipsrsealed *tear race*

Lol. Better run oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I went to the Wichita State University Kansas website oooooo but the information i saw there about school fees was too high for my sponsor ooooooo..
Eshanu mi oooooooooo.

yes boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Tekecoms1: Thanks boss....
WES is gonna charge me another $250 ooooooo.
Do i have to write the GRE before i inform the school to send my results to WES or or after writing the GRE?
You can start processing ur transcript right away, once u have paid your processing fee to d skol they will "open file " for u and any of ur credentials (GRE, Transcript, recommendation letter, letter of purpose etc) will all be attended to anytime it comes in.
It doesn't matter if u graduated with a BSc or a HND, they are all seen as a 4year degree by WES and skols in d states. So all polytechnics HND graduates aspiring to do their graduate studies in d states are very good to go .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hi peeps.. Just landed JFK. Was on same flight with Feexo and calmdown . Wonderful guys. What have I missed?

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vickiestephen: 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
I'm traveling on Wednesday 13th augurs from abuja. You ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.