Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454611 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 8:42am On Aug 11, 2014
OjaP: Thanks alot boss.... I think i understand ur elucidative stand well enough but i will survive in this race though.. Its nothing...
The fact remains that there is no juxtaposition between Yankee and naija at all oooooooo... shebi its to work abi? Lets go there. Hardwork hardly kills becos it pays. Na lazy man enter wahala....
What i love about the whole Yankee life is that it gives u a deep sense of responsibility and mental alertness......

May GOD help us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 8:45am On Aug 11, 2014
osahons9:

Bros calm down!!! Once you are able to get a stay, with hardwork, you will make it.
Thanks baba. U are mouthed ooooooo.. Hardwork pays there alot than wasting away for here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolex34(m): 9:36am On Aug 11, 2014
To all my VO's in the house
please check my list:
i-20
Int'l passport
Passport photograph(5cm*5cm)
admission letter
sevis confirmation
appointment confirmation
visa fee reciept
official transcript
bank statement of account
waec result
GOD'S MERCY
Am I good to go.
Going for my one time interview by weekend

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by osahons9(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2014
tolex34: To all my VO's in the house
please check my list:
i-20
Int'l passport
Passport photograph(5cm*5cm)
admission letter
sevis confirmation
appointment confirmation
visa fee reciept
official transcript
bank statement of account
waec result
GOD'S MERCY
Am I good to go.
Going for my one time interview by weekend

Go n bring that visa home...that's what is left.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolex34(m): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2014
osahons9:

Go n bring that visa home...that's what is left.
Tnx bro. I also need inputs on Why Liberal arts and science.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2014
tolex34:
Tnx bro. I also need inputs on Why Liberal arts and science.
\

r course, school and is it UG or grad?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolex34(m): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2014
phemix: \

r course, school and is it UG or grad?
That's the course on my I-20 but I applied for international business but my advisor said I'll change it while registering. CUNY(Brooklyn College). Going for UG
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:25am On Aug 11, 2014
zeezahbee: welcome boss

My madam, thanks. Is my ogbolor soup and eba ready yet? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by koredz: 10:42am On Aug 11, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You are in the right place. First you'll need to type out your interview experience with the questions you were asked and the replies you gave, in order to enable us identify the points you went wrong at, and correct them for you. Without telling us, in details, your interview experience we will not be able to help you figure out what your problems were.

Consulate: How did you know about the school
Me: College handbook

Consulate: Which college handbook
Me: College board

Consulate: Why Morgan State University?
Me: The ratio of Students to Teachers is '15 to 1', good infrastructure, it's a black school, conducive environment and it has my course of study.

Consulate: What other schools did you apply to?
Me: Howard University of Florida, Tuskegee University

Me: They were the first to offer me admission and other reasons I mentioned earlier

Consulate: Why Maryland?
Me: The weather is conducive

Consulate *chuckled*: I have lived in maryland, its cold there, it snows there. Does it snow in Nigeria?
Me: No *destabilized*

Consulate: Who is sponsoring your education
Me: My Mum and Dad

Consulate: What do they do?
Me: My dad is a Consultant
My mum is a Lagos State Govt Director

Consulate: Unfortunately, ........

She then gave me a blue sheet of paper...

***Please I need quick a reply, my rescheduled interview is in two days.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2014
tolex34:
That's the course on my I-20 but I applied for international business but my advisor said I'll change it while registering. CUNY(Brooklyn College). Going for UG

hmmnmnm PM olumide 098
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolex34(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2014
phemix:

hmmnmnm PM olumide 098
Thanks,Done.
House, please help out on this(Why Liberal arts and Sciences)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
stevecrun: thanks..wishing we all a blissful stay in America.Go get your visa,make we fly together.

Thanks big boss and that is for sure and will do that by the special grace of God..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Niiade:

He can sir, but he has a bad phone so he cant really do all that, we read all the comments together sir.

well he dey hustle the money out, flights and first payment ready, he just need extra and working towards the next payment. he is in the same department with babysim i guess.

Oh okay..Let him hustle wella and if he cant get the money this money, he can deffer till spring cos dem no dey catch late comer..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
koredz:

Me: College handbook (too weak an answer say something that looks deeper like some personal research ith usnews.com, petersons.com etc)

Me: College board (try to avoid one word answers, try butress til you are stopped sef)

[b]Me: The ratio of Students to Teachers is '15 to 1', good infrastructure, it's a black school, conducive environment and it has my course of study. (black school is not a criteria and bliv me, there are better schools that offer your course, try something more unique, PM me l;ets do something more unique)[/b]

[b]Me: They were the first to offer me admission and other reasons I mentioned earlier (offkey!, look for something unique about the school, yur chosen discipline and how you could benefit colossally etc)[/b]

Me: The weather is conducive (look for some nice info about Maryland)

Consulate *chuckled*: I have lived in maryland, its cold there, it snows there. Does it snow in Nigeria?
Me: No *destabilized* (the VO just catch you for here)

Thanks.

PM me, we can dp smtin better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
godG:

Ehen, tell us what we should expect from this Ebola wahala. And, will I ever be the VC of OAU? cheesy

We should expect our Visa this year... As for Ebola we go defeat that virus and lastly position of VC is too small for you, you will be Pro Chancellor of OAU..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
Lol.... I like this
bigfrancis21:

Personally, I prefer the usual paper-and-pencil paper exam as that's what I have been used to all my life so I opted for the paper GRE. I wrote the paper GRE at Aba and scored well on it.

Which menial job in US that pays minimum wage of $7.5 per hour will pay you well? How do you even compare the pay of menial jobs to the pay of white-collar jobs of between $20 to $50 an hour? Don't put the cart before the horse even before it is time to hit the road. Which menial job in america will pay you well so as to cover all as-you-know-it expenses and leave you with much change to spare on partying, enjoyment galore and shopping? You need to wake up. It is only the rich and celebrities that live such luxurious life here.

As an Igbo man, I love dealing with figures. Now let us delve into the financials.

I assume you get a job at Walmart(which is almost impossible as you have work restrictions on your visa but I will assume so for I was taught in science to make assumptions) which pays $7.5 per hour and you work 75 hours a week. Mind you, for such a low-paying salary, you'll need to work as many hours as possible as your body can permit to break even. And for such jobs, you're not paid overtime as obtained in white-collar jobs where you work 40 hours a week usually, 5 days a week, and any extra hours spent on the job is overtime and you're paid at an overtime rate of 1.5 times your hourly salry.

MONTHLY EARNINGS:
300 hours(75 hours per week times 4 weeks) * 7.5 = $2,250 per month.
Tax deduction = $350 to $400 per month. Yes, taxation here is killing. In most states you are taxed both federal and state taxes.
Other deductions such as social security benefits = $100

Take home pay: $1,750 to $1,800 per month.

EXPENSES:
1) Health insurance = $110 per month. Health care is very expensive here and almost everyone here has health insurance that covers medical bills during times of ill health.
2) Rent = average of $500 to $600 per month. I am even being generous. Some places are as high as $1,000 per month. Except you decide to put up with as many roommates as possible to split up the cost.
3) Feeding = $200 to $400 per month, that is if you cook at home. Eating outside is very costly as you spend twice/thrice of the stated figure.
4) Transportation = $100 to $200 on fuel per month on fuel if you'll be driving or on bus ticket if you'll taking the bus daily to work.
5) Light bill = $200
6) Water bill = $150
7) Miscellaneous = $100
8.) Phone bill = $50
Total expenses = $1,610

How much left = $140 to $190 in savings.

Then you remember you will have to save some money. Then relatives and friends from back home with same mindset like you will be calling you asking you to send $1,000 so that they can start enjoying life as they are 'suffering' in Nigeria, because they think that Obi is picking up dollars from the street of America. Not knowing that Obi is still struggling to have mere $1,000 as savings in his bank account. Then you think of how you'll send the very little you manage to save from your daily hardwork, sweat and energy and becoming stingy becomes your watchword.

Remember that this is the so-called menial job you envision to do which you will wrench your back doing everyday and standing on your feet 12 hours a day. You then think of your future and envision yourself doing the same recurring cycle every month in a year for the rest of your life in America, the land of opportunities and a place of 24/7 work all seasons of the year with very little rest, then you smile to yourself and tell yourself 'welcome to America. Now I understand what these people have been telling me since.'

Okay, you decide to finish school and get a 'well-paying' job in the vicinity of $70,000 per year or $5,833 pre-tax monthly salary. Fine, the job is white-collar and you are one step away from breaking your back and standing 12 hours a day. Your life is one step better than the class of menial workers. However, you are still not free from the ever-attractive recurring rat race cycle that entraps millions of employees in America that comes with heavy bills to pay every month such as house mortgage, car loans, college loans, heavy tax deductions, monthly light and water bills, phone bills, internet cable bills etc. with very little to spare in savings.

Is this your so-called glorious vision of 'being well paid'?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
siegfried99:

God bless you sir
And u too sir!,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
tolex34:
original nwanne you are welcome. me too doing international business. is your school a liberal art college?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
stevecrun: These vividly reminds me of Rich dad Poor dad..The main reason people struggle financially is cos they have spent years in school but learned nothing about money
The end result is people become slaves to money and learn to work for money..but never learn to have money work for them.

Then I won learn moni, so that I go enslave moni for inside my pocket.

I want admission! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
Rubywoo: Hello everyone.Got my visa approved at the Abuja Embassy this morning. It was surprising to know interviews were granted on Saturdays too.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by efiyefaa: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Please my people i have a couple of questions.
First i would like to say congrats to those who have gotten all needed docs n have landed or traveling.
1. i need a sponsor for up to like 37k dollars how do i get that?( how much will it cost me) (abeg i broke o)
2. if i say i dont know anybody there and someone picks me from the airport, is there any harm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Check Minnesota State University, New Mexico State University, University of New Mexico, Alabama A & M University too.
Boss i av sent it. AM expecting ur reply. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
imperiouxx:

Cheers!
Sir i sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Thank you Jesus for journey mercies. NYC on point. Enroute GNV, FL.

My transcript coming when I'm settled.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
koredz:

Me: College handbook

Me: College board

Me: The ratio of Students to Teachers is '15 to 1', good infrastructure, it's a black school, conducive environment and it has my course of study.

Me: They were the first to offer me admission and other reasons I mentioned earlier

Me: The weather is conducive

Me: No *destabilized*

Thanks.

You gave very short and brief answers to the VO. Your answers are meant to be cogent, logical and convincing. You should learn to have at least 2/3 statements of cogent points for each major question you're answering.

The answers you gave as to why you chose MSU were not convincing enough, and also why you chose Maryland as a state. You came off to the VO as someone who's desperate.

Even the answers you gave as to what your parents are doing is blatant enough to suspect falsity in them, even more glaring as false to a 3-year old child.

Even if you are desperate to leave Nigeria, you don't have to show it or act it. Put in your best at the interview, prepare well and ace it. It is the price you have to pay to get your visa. The VOs are only doing their job and have serious instructions given to them to select only 'qualified' applicants. By qualified, I mean applicants who satisfy all requirements required to get an F1 visa including proving that you are not an intending immigrant applying under the wrong type of visa(non-immigrant F1 visa), even though they know YOU ARE NOT COMING BACK to Nigeria. But still you have to put in your best and overcome the suspicion of an 'intending immigrant' every VO has of every applicant.

From the above, I'd say you're not fully prepared for the visa interview and I would advise that you reschedule your interview to a later date, if there's still time on your side, in order to prepare thoroughly for your interview. Also read parts 3 and 4 of this thread to gain better grasp of the interview process and tips to acing it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
imperiouxx:

I want admission! cheesy
Hahahaha! Sir Imperiouxx, abeg i wan learn too oo!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by expertman(m): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello house, please I just reschedule my appointment for an emergency appointment and it was approved for 14th. So I was told to print out a confirmation of the appointment. I thought the confirmation will have the date of appointment and other info. But to my surprise there is no date there. Is titled as dropbox confirmation which has my name and uid no. So am lost I don't knw if that's the same documents to print and take along with me. Have already cancel the earlier date given to me which is 16th as I ought to need to be in U.s on the 15th pls advise me if u have also gone through similar situation in the past.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tolex34(m): 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
teddyrain: original nwanne you are welcome. me too doing international business. is your school a liberal art college?
Yea, its a coeducational liberal arts college. What can I say to the VO on why liberal arts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
juntod:

My madam, thanks. Is my ogbolor soup and eba ready yet? grin

She only cooks Egusi soup.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
imperiouxx:

I want admission! cheesy
apply for an associate degree@WWW.money.edu

My regards to your wife bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Mjseun: Thank you Jesus for journey mercies. NYC on point. Enroute GNV, FL.

My transcript coming when I'm settled.

Thank God for journey mercies seun.
How is FL weather?
See you in Florida bro!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sandfield: 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello guys can someone, that was denied visa today schedule emergency appointment? His school want to send him extension letter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.