Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454606 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2014
Graviton2:

Lol. Badt guyzz. That's great.
boss U gat a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:40am On Aug 14, 2014
decreamaster: cheesy grin

See your teeth! angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2014
godG:

Nna, small money. grin

Lol. Should I send you the school's bank details?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:42am On Aug 14, 2014
donpapachi: boss U gat a pm

I'm on it, Oga mi!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2014
goodmorning house !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2014
kentochi: God when will this dream come true?

Patience, Trust and Persistence in God..
In Rev. Fr. Mbaka's voice "HE will DO IT FOR YOU"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2014
I salute everyone in the house, congratulating those that just got their visas, those in the US now,
@stewee, gravvy, amefrica (omo Canada)
I hail! Wishing yall safe trip.
@Mr. Ojap, Imperiouxx, Sir bigfrancis,
I Salute.
Wishing you the best in your endeavours..
God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 14, 2014
domex007: I salute everyone in the house, congratulating those that just got their visas, those in the US now,
I Salute.
God bless

I hail oh! cheesy
Wishing you the very best too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by efiyefaa: 10:23am On Aug 14, 2014
Good morning folks. please how do I get to JKK house 229 ikorodu road ilupeju I'm coming from ajah.
Thanks.
#Spring2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2014
domex007: I salute everyone in the house, congratulating those that just got their visas, those in the US now,
I Salute.
God bless

Nwanne, I won't be travelling this year oh! Your number no dey gree connect. Why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by efiyefaa: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2014
House o I already sent my transcript to my school
(NOUN) no let my eye see nor touch am I paid and they sent.
please do I need it for embassy?(I hope not) but if I do need it, how do I get it?
do I ask my new school to send me a copy?
I'm confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kentochi(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2014
domex007:

Patience, Trust and Persistence in God..
In Rev. Fr. Mbaka's voice "HE will DO IT FOR YOU"
sent Pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kentochi(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Hi
do i need to collcet both OND and HND transcript?
Which one first apply to school
or write GRE exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Olupraise: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2014
Good morning house,

I would be glad if the house would be kind to shed more light on this interview transcript and where this friend of mine got it wrong yesterday.

Myfriend: Good morning
Vo: Good morning
vo: what are you going to study in the US
Myfriend: Undergraduate degree in fashion and design
vo: which school?
Myfriend: bay state colege
VO: What are you doing presently
My friend: Currently owns a boutique and into fashion designs
Vo; why study an undergraduate degree when you already had an HND in accountancy
Myfriend: my passion has always been in fashion
VO cuts in
VO; thats no reason to come to the US. you could as well have done that in Nigeria.
Myfriend; I believe there is more to still learn in the art of fashion design, which is the reason I want to study fashion design in the US
VO types some things and says am sorry i wont be granting you the visa

Please Note she has being denied a visit visa last year.

she has lost interest about trying again hence she doesn't want to reschedule but am trying to persuade her to try again. saying its Not a big deal to be in the USA (But I guess that is due to the emotions).
But please kindly enlighten me, where has she gone wrong.

Thank you in advance for your support.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2014
@ Joenice stewee ojap steve4ever lalla89 thighwoh, imperious idazbawz and all Nairalanders. Thanks so much for your help and the hearty wishes.

I fasted and prayed that God should grant me overflowing favour and he really did. In extremely grateful to him. He's indeed a good God.

I promised to write my transcript. Though I don't think there much to learn from it cos the V.O practically didn't ask me any question. Buh I'll write it who knows someone might gain an insight.

My interview was for 9:30 on the 13th of August but I got to the embassy as early as 7. Na una elders they talk say the early bird go chop d freshest biggest worm.

So na so I get there stood for some time and then siddon under the tree till they called pple for 9:30. We did the whole serenely and got settled in for the interview proper... sincerely my hrt dey beat like drum.

Minutes later my number blink for the last cubicle... I think Twas cubicle 7 --- an elderly white man. I stood up braced myself as I don hear for nairaland say confidence na the Koko. Na do I walked to the cubicle with a broad smile on my face. This was the dialogue that ensued

V.O :good morning and how are you doing
Me : I'm doing grt and u?
V.o : good! So u're going to the united states
Me : yes , for my graduate studies
V.o : have u been there before?....
Me : yes I was there on a J1 visa as a bla bla bla at bla bla bla university.
V.o : oh that good. How was ur experience there
Na so the whole interview switch to my experience at that university.. me sef kukuma talk.
Na so he start to dey type
V.o : you are going back now to bla bla university for studies. Who's sponsoring you. Me.: my mum
V.o: ok. Pick you Visa at muri okunola as he dey circle the white sheet. He asked me with a creased face... when is ur school resuming.
I told him on the 11th but I got an extension letter.
V.o : can I see that.
He gave me the white sheet and told me to take my extention letter with me to the collection center and the POE. Na so I thank him and waka off.

My smile was brighter than the sun on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

It was God all the way....

NB : pray trust and smile... God will show himself in ur life. he's always faithful

Guys na to book flight remain ooo. Pls who can help me out... I need cheap flights ooo. I'm to Resume on the 25th of August.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kennyzita(f): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Congratulations. . .

ase65: @ Joenice stewee ojap steve4ever lalla89 thighwoh, imperious idazbawz and all Nairalanders. Thanks so much for your help and the hearty wishes.

I fasted and prayed that God should grant me overflowing favour and he really did. In extremely grateful to him. He's indeed a good God.

I promised to write my transcript. Though I don't think there much to learn from it cos the V.O practically didn't ask me any question. Buh I'll write it who knows someone might gain an insight.

My interview was for 9:30 on the 13th of August but I got to the embassy as early as 7. Na una elders they talk say the early bird go chop d freshest biggest worm.

So na so I get there stood for some time and then siddon under the tree till they called pple for 9:30. We did the whole serenely and got settled in for the interview proper... sincerely my hrt dey beat like drum.

Minutes later my number blink for the last cubicle... I think Twas cubicle 7 --- an elderly white man. I stood up braced myself as I don hear for nairaland say confidence na the Koko. Na do I walked to the cubicle with a broad smile on my face. This was the dialogue that ensued

Na so the whole interview switch to my experience at that university.. me sef kukuma talk.
V.o : you are going back now to bla bla university for studies. Who's sponsoring you. Me.: my mum
V.o: ok. Pick you Visa at muri okunola as he dey circle the white sheet. He asked me with a creased face... when is ur school resuming.
He gave me the white sheet and told me to take my extention letter with me to the collection center and the POE. Na so I thank him and waka off.

NB : pray trust and smile... God will show himself in ur life. he's always faithful

Guys na to book flight remain ooo. Pls who can help me out... I need cheap flights ooo. I'm to Resume on the 25th of August.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2014
Olupraise: Good morning house,

I would be glad if the house would be kind to shed more light on this interview transcript and where this friend of mine got it wrong yesterday.

Vo; why study an undergraduate degree when you already had an HND in accountancy
VO cuts in
VO; thats no reason to come to the US. you could as well have done that in Nigeria.
Myfriend; I believe there is more to still learn in the art of fashion design, which is the reason I want to study fashion design in the US

she has lost interest about trying again hence she doesn't want to reschedule but am trying to persuade her to try again. saying its Not a big deal to be in the USA (But I guess that is due to the emotions).

If your friend really wants to study..I mean go to school,why didn't she go for masters in accounting..she would had got her visa now and won't be singing the chorus she's singing now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olusola009: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
efiyefaa: Good morning folks. please how do I get to JKK house 229 ikorodu road ilupeju I'm coming from ajah.
Thanks.
#Spring2015

Sorry dis is coming a bit late, JKK house is very close to mutual benefit assurance, so frm ajah try to find ur way to Town planning bus stop work up toward akintola willams delloite.

Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by efiyefaa: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
olusola009:

Sorry dis is coming a bit late, JKK house is very close to mutual benefit assurance, so frm ajah try to find ur way to Town planning bus stop work up toward akintola willams delloite.

Regards.

Thanks boss from obalende do I take Oshodi bus? or which one? someone said Anthony bus stop...
or how do I get there from Oshodi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Olupraise: Good morning house,

VO cuts in

Your friend is already into fashion/design. She doesn't need an undergraduate degree in the US just like the VO said. If she was going for some certification, it would have been a different case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teemodel: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
I just got my US visa today . To be the Glory. Its exceeding favour indeed. No document was asked, spent less than 2min. Joenice and big fransis thanks for ur support. Transcript coming soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Olupraise: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
stevecrun: If your friend really wants to study..I mean go to school,why didn't she go for masters in accounting..she would had got her visa now and won't be singing the chorus she's singing now.

Thanks for the response

What happened is that during the initial visit visa application, she has already stated that she is currently into fashion design. And feel like going along that line. In addition fashion design now seems to be her passion more than Accounting.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Olupraise: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
juntod:

Your friend is already into fashion/design. She doesn't need an undergraduate degree in the US just like the VO said. If she was going for some certification, it would have been a different case.

Please can you kindly suggest possible certification courses she could enroll for. And in case, you can go the extra mile for me, can you state the colleges/universities that provides such .

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
Olupraise:

Please can you kindly suggest possible certification courses she could enroll for. And in case, you can go the extra mile for me, can you state the colleges/universities that provides such .

Thank you.
Ur friend shud be very careful of just hitting the embassy with just anyhow stuff o.today accounting,tomoro fashion,to another cert course,she may be taken as an intending immigrant.it risky o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
castrotroy80

SO happy for you man. Its good everything went smoothly. I knew you will get it cos you have all the home ties needed. Enjoy your trip bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Olupraise: 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
decreamaster:
Ur friend shud be very careful of just hitting the embassy with just anyhow stuff o.today accounting,tomoro fashion,to another cert course,she may be taken as an intending immigrant.it risky o

So can you suggest the way forward please. That's why am asking to get it right.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Can i actually go the the USA embassy without writing GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teemodel: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Tekecoms1: Can i actually go the the USA embassy without writing GRE?

I didn't write GRE , no standardised test. They didn't even ask for my certificate let alone Gre. Everything is God's favour. I fasted for 14days, cutoff all my friends then another 3days fast last week and God did it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
teemodel: I just got my US visa today . To be the Glory. Its exceeding favour indeed. No document was asked, spent less than 2min. Joenice and big fransis thanks for ur support. Transcript coming soon
Oh fantastic! I am in a jovial mood over your success. Thanks a lot for paying attention to details.
Tope, I must confess you’re really hard-working. Did you receive my mail yesterday?

In God We Trust smiley
Congratulations once again and stay cool gurl grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
ase65: @ Joenice stewee ojap steve4ever lalla89 thighwoh, imperious idazbawz and all Nairalanders. Thanks so much for your help and the hearty wishes.

Congratulations. Enjoy your success!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
repsin: I won't mind if u can extend the gesture sir.
Ok school hopper smiley.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teemodel: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Joenice: Oh fantastic! I am in a jovial mood over your success. Thanks a lot for paying attention to details.
Tope, I must confess you’re really hard-working. Did you receive my mail yesterday?

In God We Trust smiley
Congratulations once again and stay cool gurl grin

I just saw ur mail now. Replied already.

Thanks for your support, To God be the Glory

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.