Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454998 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hi gurus in da house,I jt got admitted for my masters degree in speech communication at university of central missouri.I should be receiving my I-20 come nxt week.I want d gurus in d house to let me know d steps to be taken b4 nd after my I-20 arrive to get myself prepared for interview at d embassy.

Also any useful information abt d aforementioned school and if is not a red flag in d embassy.And hope having another country refusal on one pp is not a disadvantage ? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
JFK12: Hi gurus in da house,I jt got admitted for my masters degree in speech communication at university of central missouri.I should be receiving my I-20 come nxt week.I want d gurus in d house to let me know d steps to be taken b4 nd after my I-20 arrive to get myself prepared for interview at d embassy.

Also any useful information abt d aforementioned school and if is not a red flag in d embassy.And hope having another country refusal on one pp is not a disadvantage ? Thanks in anticipation.

Congrats on your Admission into University of Central Missouri. Your University is Publicly Owned and is a GOOD school and ACCEPTABLE @ the US Embassy.

Also, for the meantime before your i-20 arrives, you can contact your school and ask em to send you a scanned copy of your i-20. OR if they can't send you the scanned copy of your i-20, let em send you your School code and Sevis Number to your email.

NB: You will need your Sevis number and School code to Book your Visa appointment. That is why it is very Necessary to have em.

If you can get the above mentioned done; then follow the below steps to book your appointment;

Method:

Go to any GTB Bank branch, tell them you want to pay for F1 Student VISA. You will pay #26,400.

The Banker will ask you what Category. You will tell him/her - Student Academics..

2nd Step: You will need to first fill your DS 160 form and get your application ID, because you will need that Confirmation number/application ID in other to be able to book an appointment..

Visit this site to fill your DS 160 form -

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

3rd Step: Go to the appointment booking site below;

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Fill in your details and the Reference number that will be given to you by GTB Bank. When you fill all these details, appointment date window will be displayed, choose the day you want and click on book appointment.

Also, Regarding your last Question, Having a Visa Denial in another country on your PP won't count as anythin and it is NOT a disadvantage.

Different countries and their different policies, Just because you can't qualify for a Canadian, Swedish, UK, Germany, Australian, Switzerland visa doesn't mean you can't qualify for a US Visa and Vice Versa.

NB: Make sure you DON'T forget about your sevis fee. Try to pay your sevis fee atleast 2 weeks before the date of your interview, to allow em enough time to process your Online receipt which you will take to the US Embassy.

I hope this helps...

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
[quote author=Ricky Rozay]

Congrats on your Admission into University of Central Missouri. Your University is Publicly Owned and is a GOOD school and ACCEPTABLE @ the US Embassy.

Also, for the meantime before your i-20 arrives, you can contact your school and ask em to send you a scanned copy of your i-20. OR if they can't send you the scanned copy of your i-20, let em send you your School code and Sevis Number to your email.

NB: You will need your Sevis number and School code to Book your Visa appointment. That is why it is very Necessary to have em.

If you can get the above mentioned done; then follow the below steps to book your appointment;

Method:

Go to any GTB branch, tell them you want to pay for F1 Student VISA. You will pay #26,400.

The Banker will ask you what Category. You will tell him/her - Student Academics..

2nd Step: You will need to first fill your DS 160 form and get your application ID, because you will need that Confirmation number/application ID in other to be able to book an appointment..

Visit this site to fill your DS 160 form -

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

3rd Step: Go to the appointment booking site below;

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Fill in your details and the Reference number that will be given to you by GTB. When you fill all these details, appointment date window will be displayed, choose the day you want and click on book appointment.

Also, Regarding your last Question, Having a Visa Denial in another country on your PP won't count as anythin and it is NOT a disadvantage.

Different countries and their different policies, Just because you can't qualify for a Canadian, Swedish, UK, Germany, Australian, Switzerland visa doesn't mean you can't qualify for a US Visa and Vice Versa.

NB: Make sure you DON'T forget about your sevis fee. Try to pay your sevis fee atleast 2 weeks before the date of your interview, to allow em enough time to process your Online receipt which you will take to the US Embassy.

I hope this helps...

Yes it help,you have always been helpful on the thread.Thanks soo much "OYA SHOW ME ROZAY,SHOW ROZAYYY"

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
JFK12: Hi gurus in da house,I jt got admitted for my masters degree in speech communication at university of central missouri.I should be receiving my I-20 come nxt week.I want d gurus in d house to let me know d steps to be taken b4 nd after my I-20 arrive to get myself prepared for interview at d embassy.

And while doing what RR said, take some time and read through few parts of this thread. Seeing is believing.

You need to prepare yourself.

PS: The school is state university.....good and refusal on your passport has nothing to do with your visa. Only if question arises, then you defend yourself.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ok Boss Impe,thnx

And while doing what RR said, take some time and read through few parts of this thread. Seeing is believing.

PS: The school is state university.....good and refusal on your passport has nothing to do with your visa. Only if question arises, then you defend yourself.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
@walspring, u've got PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adolite(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

PS: The school is state university.....good and refusal on your passport has nothing to do with your visa. Only if question arises, then you defend yourself.

masters degree in speech communication in America You have to prepare yourself very well for your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
idalex: @walspring, u've got PM.

Yea bro.. I have replied you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jonnyp(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
##WINK##
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olarwarlay(m): 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ricky and his 'long' but informative posts.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sup house how reliable is this site for booking of ticket bt-store.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Square65: 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
Just dropped by to say hello. Congratulations to those who recently got their visas and wishing those who are yet to (and will soon) get theirs all the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
@ House,

Where is Shynepapin and Walecrysler with their interview transcript??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by constant57: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello guys,
am trying to pay application for my intending schools but i keep getting error message that the address on doesnt match or something. But i successfully used the same master card pay for another school.

How do i go about this?

Address verification mis match ryte? I am encountering d same challenge paying my app fee to Clemson uni. I was told to make my permanent address on the online app form d same with my address on d payment portal and d address i opened my bank acct with.

I have tried dat sha but no headway yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
gr8ever: @ House,

A good Reminder!

And I'm always in touch with Walecrysler, but his iphone crashed, so he has been unable to come online.

But will contact him now, so he can post his interview experience asap, so others can learn from it, Especially those in his category will be able to pick and gain something from his interview transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gracious17: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Gurus, any useful info abt University of Massachusetts Dartmouth will be highly appreciated and also its stake at the embassy. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
gracious17: Gurus, any useful info abt University of Massachusetts Dartmouth will be highly appreciated and also its stake at the embassy. Thanks!

The school is Publicly Owned by the US Governement and therefore it is a GOOD university and ACCEPTABLE @ the US embassy.

You'v Got No Worries!!! You are safe..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Square65: Just dropped by to say hello. Congratulations to those who recently got their visas and wishing those who are yet to (and will soon) get theirs all the best!

amen and thanks for showing much love...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
constant57:

Address verification mis match ryte? I am encountering d same challenge paying my app fee to Clemson uni. I was told to make my permanent address on the online app form d same with my address on d payment portal and d address i opened my bank acct with.

I have tried dat sha but no headway yet.

Can you people specify which bank atm you are using to make payment? I advise you to use GT bank atm card cos it works with most of the schools in making payments
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
@davton69, you can convert your 2.9/5.0 GPA to the American 4.0 scale for free at www.foreigncredits.com . You may find out you don't need the pre-masters afterall smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 12:27am On Nov 15, 2013
gr8ever: @ House,

my thoughts exactly...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 2:42am On Nov 15, 2013
Here's my experience at the embassy. After getting some minutes late, I joined up with the 8am ppl. Thanks God, not all VO's had come so they had to wait as there were almost 2k ppl 4 interview on 12th after their holiday.

When the number after me flashed I started looking towards that booth, couldn't how the interview went but my number flashed, quickly walked up to the booth, saw the lady, still typing, then picked up my p & docs, scanned to open up my ds-160 page. Then the riot began,

Me: gud mrnin & hw r u ma?
Vo: fyn, can u gimme a minute, will b wit u shortly. (She's wz tryin to get my ds 160 up). Afta abt 70secs
Vo: ok, I can c u r goin to --- university
Me: yes,
Vo: whr?
Me: michigan
Vo: hw did u knw abt d sch?
Me: tru forbes, u.s news & world report, it's highly rated & chea...(She intrude)
Vo: ok' ok. So why nw?
Me: it's d perfect moment as I'm schedule 4 my nxt promotion @ work
Vo: wat do u
Me: I work wit lag st sumtin sumtin, I'm an admin officer 1
Vo: r u married
Me: no, bt I av sumtin serz goin 4 me, I might do dat nxt month
Vo: smiling, so u say u work wit lag st
Me: yh
Vo: who's paying
Me: my dad
Vo: wat does he do
Me: he's an opthamogist wit the national staff hopital, abuja
Vo: he's wat (she didn't understand our accent)
Me: an opthamologist
Vo: Opthomologist (oyinbo way) ok
Vo: so wat made u decide nw
Me: in d recent evaluation & test held in my office 4 a senior admin manager promotion, I came top of the class, and was pick 4 the position, but 4 it to be effected I nid a master's degree which nids evaluation too, it's the final stage (she dey listen dey type at d same time)
Vo: so u r quitting to get a masters
Me: no, I'm nt, I av a study leave leta head statin the terms of my out of office vacation, I'm stil paid 20% while I stil alwaz av to go tru reports filed by the intern dat'll b at my seat while studyin
Vo: wat will u do when u cum back
Me: go back to work d day I get back, submit my masters, get it evaluated in a week, & take up my new position wit huge salary increase
Vo: (smiles bt doubtful) so why the leap frm psy to pub amin
Me: (shaking, didn't expect dat) thr r less opportunity here in 9ja 4 psychologist, so dat wen I tuk up administration as psychos r perfect wit management (afta my heart kul dwn & no tear my chest, I cum notice say she wan make I 4kup wit jst 1 questn)
Vo: wen did u graduate
Me: 2008
Vo: why did u wait till 5 yrs
Me: I had no choice, it's needed nw, I guess it's the appropriate tym
Vo: so u av nt bin doin anytin since 2008
Me: (tinkin, dis woman dey find mistake) dat's wrong, I've bin working 3 yrs, wit d lag st blah blah blah afta I finish d mandatory nysc, (vexing already bt kipin kul as a psycho, me wey no dey talk to my neighbor)
Vo: yes, lag st, (she starts typin profusely 4 sum tym, na thr I knw say she don gree say I don win)
Vo: so did u do any standardize test afta like 15-20 seconds
Me: yes, gre
Vo: can I c
Me: dropped it thr, she pick luk am, luk me wen him c monsta score, verb 160, quant 161, analytical shit 4.5, she luk me agn, I luk am, ishe luk dwn cum dey find wetin no lose, weda na fake, me feelin kully psycho, start lukin at other ppl interview goin on by my syd
Vo: she drops d gre back, typed, picks white form, staring sayin u can go pick up ur visa 3 workin days, dat friday, I said yh, at... she luk pc screen, carry biro cum circle my pick up place
Me: pickd up gre, closed my folder, waited till she pack my docs put insyd my p, drop am 4 her approval box 4 her syd, I cum say thk u ma'am 4 ur tym, stil thk agn wen she no commot her eye 4 my eye, she don c genius, I waka commot by tellin her to av a lovely day.

It's GOD I thank, bcoz I av told him take control everytin dat happens here let it be ur remote control working.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:06am On Nov 15, 2013
^^^ congrats once again Shynepapin101 and good your shared your winning visa transcript with the house. have a pleasant stay in Michigan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:12am On Nov 15, 2013
@Chi-town,

Longest time. How are you doing sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ChitownBase: 4:03am On Nov 15, 2013
LIFE IN LA AINT EASY SHOUTOUT TO THOSE WHO GOT DEY VISA'S...BUT THERE IS A STRONGER BATTLE AHEAD (FYI) GREEN CARD SO MAKE SURE U WELL EQUIPED COZ IT AINT ROSY WITHOUT IT THO. FYI.....SHOUTOUT TO THE GURU'S IN DA HOUSE..Y'ALL KNO YA SELVES...HOLLLAAA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by constant57: 4:06am On Nov 15, 2013
Walspring:

Can you people specify which bank atm you are using to make payment? I advise you to use GT bank atm card cos it works with most of the schools in making payments

It is GT mastercard i have been using. Paid app fee to other schs wtout any hassle using the card. It is this one of Clemson uni dat is problematic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 4:24am On Nov 15, 2013
Chi-town Base:
LIFE IN LA AINT EASY SHOUTOUT TO THOSE WHO GOT DEY VISA'S...BUT THERE IS A STRONGER BATTLE AHEAD (FYI) GREEN CARD SO MAKE SURE U WELL EQUIPED COZ IT AINT ROSY WITHOUT IT THO. FYI.....SHOUTOUT TO THE GURU'S IN DA HOUSE..Y'ALL KNO YA SELVES...HOLLLAAA

@ the bold is the way forward. please is there any thread on NL that talks about different ways on how to facilitate obtaining it? What does it profit a man who struggled and spent so much to get to Obamaland but still goes back to Naija wandering around the street for job? undecided cry God help us.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:59am On Nov 15, 2013
shynepapin101: Here's my experience at the embassy. After getting some minutes late, I joined up with the 8am ppl. Thanks God, not all VO's had come so they had to wait as there were almost 2k ppl 4 interview on 12th after their holiday.

When the number after me flashed I started looking towards that booth, couldn't how the interview went but my number flashed, quickly walked up to the booth, saw the lady, still typing, then picked up my p & docs, scanned to open up my ds-160 page. Then the riot began,

Me: gud mrnin & hw r u ma?
Vo: fyn, can u gimme a minute, will b wit u shortly. (She's wz tryin to get my ds 160 up). Afta abt 70secs
Vo: ok, I can c u r goin to --- university
Me: yes,
Vo: whr?
Me: michigan
Vo: hw did u knw abt d sch?
Me: tru forbes, u.s news & world report, it's highly rated & chea...(She intrude)
Vo: ok' ok. So why nw?
Me: it's d perfect moment as I'm schedule 4 my nxt promotion @ work
Vo: wat do u
Me: I work wit lag st sumtin sumtin, I'm an admin officer 1
Vo: r u married
Me: no, bt I av sumtin serz goin 4 me, I might do dat nxt month
Vo: smiling, so u say u work wit lag st
Vo: who's paying
Me: my dad
Vo: wat does he do
Me: he's an opthamogist wit the national staff hopital, abuja
Vo: he's wat (she didn't understand our accent)
Me: an opthamologist
Vo: Opthomologist (oyinbo way) ok
Vo: so wat made u decide nw
Me: in d recent evaluation & test held in my office 4 a senior admin manager promotion, I came top of the class, and was pick 4 the position, but 4 it to be effected I nid a master's degree which nids evaluation too, it's the final stage (she dey listen dey type at d same time)
Vo: so u r quitting to get a masters
Me: no, I'm nt, I av a study leave leta head statin the terms of my out of office vacation, I'm stil paid 20% while I stil alwaz av to go tru reports filed by the intern dat'll b at my seat while studyin
Vo: wat will u do when u cum back
Me: go back to work d day I get back, submit my masters, get it evaluated in a week, & take up my new position wit huge salary increase
Vo: (smiles bt doubtful) so why the leap frm psy to pub amin
Me: (shaking, didn't expect dat) thr r less opportunity here in 9ja 4 psychologist, so dat wen I tuk up administration as psychos r perfect wit management (afta my heart kul dwn & no tear my chest, I cum notice say she wan make I 4kup wit jst 1 questn)
Vo: wen did u graduate
Me: 2008
Vo: why did u wait till 5 yrs
Me: I had no choice, it's needed nw, I guess it's the appropriate tym
Vo: so u av nt bin doin anytin since 2008
Me: (tinkin, dis woman dey find mistake) dat's wrong, I've bin working 3 yrs, wit d lag st blah blah blah afta I finish d mandatory nysc, (vexing already bt kipin kul as a psycho, me wey no dey talk to my neighbor)
Vo: yes, lag st, (she starts typin profusely 4 sum tym, na thr I knw say she don gree say I don win)
Vo: so did u do any standardize test afta like 15-20 seconds
Me: yes, gre
Vo: can I c
Me: dropped it thr, she pick luk am, luk me wen him c monsta score, verb 160, quant 161, analytical shit 4.5, she luk me agn, I luk am, ishe luk dwn cum dey find wetin no lose, weda na fake, me feelin kully psycho, start lukin at other ppl interview goin on by my syd
Vo: she drops d gre back, typed, picks white form, staring sayin u can go pick up ur visa 3 workin days, dat friday, I said yh, at... she luk pc screen, carry biro cum circle my pick up place
Me: pickd up gre, closed my folder, waited till she pack my docs put insyd my p, drop am 4 her approval box 4 her syd, I cum say thk u ma'am 4 ur tym, stil thk agn wen she no commot her eye 4 my eye, she don c genius, I waka commot by tellin her to av a lovely day.

It's GOD I thank, bcoz I av told him take control everytin dat happens here let it be ur remote control working.

Congrat bro and i wish u d best in obamaland... I tap from the remote control of God too...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:01am On Nov 15, 2013
constant57:

It is GT mastercard i have been using. Paid app fee to other schs wtout any hassle using the card. It is this one of Clemson uni dat is problematic.

Well i dont know what to say but contact your school and inform them or you should try another bank master card or Visa Card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 5:14am On Nov 15, 2013
Chi-town Base:

This makes a lot of sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Just4mide: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2013
Hello guys I need ur help on this I have already pay my SEVIS 1-901 fees in April but my visa application was denied but now I have an admission letter and I-20 form of a different school please am I to pay another sevis fees or not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:24am On Nov 15, 2013
Just4mide: Hello guys I need ur help on this I have already pay my SEVIS 1-901 fees in April but my visa application was denied but now I have an admission letter and I-20 form of a different school please am I to pay another sevis fees or not?

Nope you wont pay another sevis cos the sevis fee is valid for 1 year..

What you can do is for you to move the sevis payment to another sevis ID and it has basic rules and how you will do it yourself

The basic rules for moving a SEVIS I-901 fee payment between SEVIS ID numbers are:

The SEVIS I-901 fee must be moved between SEVIS ID numbers for the same individual

An additional SEVIS I-901 fee is not required (For more information, see the section, Do I pay the fee?)

The SEVIS I-901 fee amount for the new school or program must be less than or equal to the SEVIS I-901 fee already paid (see the Fee Amount Chart)

Only the student or exchange visitor may request the move

Tips on how you can

If you want to transfer the SEVIS I-901 fee payment information from one SEVIS ID number to another, you need to mail or e-mail SEVP. SEVP will consider your request and determine if the fee can be transferred. See the section on the basic rules for transferring fees.

Put Fee Transfer in the subject line of your request. Give us your name, date of birth, the SEVIS ID number that you originally paid on and the SEVIS ID number you want to transfer the payment to, as well as a current, valid address Explain why the fee needs to be transferred. It will help speed your request if you include a copy of your receipt number. Include information on how to contact you if there are any questions.

SEVP will review your request and determine if the fee can be transferred. If your request is approved, you will receive an email or letter indicating that you can now print your updated I-901 payment confirmation at www.fmjfee.com reflecting the SEVIS ID from your new Form I-20 or DS-2019.

Follow the link below on how you can request that SEVP move your fee payment for more info..

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq7.htm#_Toc81222150

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.