Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455224 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Iamdrizzy: 2:48am On Nov 13, 2013
Hey guys i'm a med student in Nigeria seeking to do post graduate study in the us,i need advice from anyone currently doing post grad study in the us.I'm also new to nairaland so i'll really appreciate directing me to a thread that would help.thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:09am On Nov 13, 2013
Iam_drizzy: Hey guys i'm a med student in Nigeria seeking to do post graduate study in the us,i need advice from anyone currently doing post grad study in the us.I'm also new to nairaland so i'll really appreciate directing me to a thread that would help.thanks.

You are in the right place. Mind picking up from any of these.

https://www.nairaland.com/240241/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries
https://www.nairaland.com/823866/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part2
www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3
https://www.nairaland.com/1229483/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part4

Those last two are most current and must seasons to view. grin

Chei! I was part of those seasons...... I need to start making money with all I've seen on the thread. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 4:16am On Nov 13, 2013
De Tus: @lisadem, lol :-) It's crazy and ridiculous :-) You can also make it sound much funnier by saying teleporting West Africa instead of going on a tour of West African countries.

grin at least this new development from ETS wont make VOs to be asking the question, " Have you traveled out of the country before?" #lol. since by default now, you must have travelled out of Naija for you to take the ETS tests. How far with your visa processing? thought you've only deferred to Spring term or you are preoccupied with other undertakings
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 4:19am On Nov 13, 2013
congrats to ShinaPeters sorry! shynepapin101 grin and Walecrysler . Welcome to the land of immense opportunities... btw, you guys should post your transcript na. abi una no want make we learn from you ni smiley.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 4:38am On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
Why are you shouting my name? angry Na now you know say one Ms Nas dey abi? You've jonzed. grin grin

But sincerely, this weather no try at all! I was walking to school this morning, after bundling up like an Onion. I didnt know when my eyes started tearing up and my nose started running badly. The wind can carry person. shocked shocked
I con dey think...."Nas, shebi na you wan come America? Welcome to America oo" cheesy

i laf in chinese o cheesy cheesy cheesy. O sese bere ni. na season movie. Eeyah sorry. try 'double-bundle' yourself the next time. But really the weather no try o. the little cold for DAL today got me chilled to the bone. i come begin wonder how peeps for Alaska, Minnesota, Wisconsin dem dey cope. undecided dem be fish?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:51am On Nov 13, 2013
lisadem:

i laf in chinese o cheesy cheesy cheesy. O sese bere ni. na season movie. Eeyah sorry. try 'double-bundle' yourself the next time. But really the weather no try o. the little cold for DAL today got me chilled to the bone. i come begin wonder how peeps for Alaska, Minnesota, Wisconsin dem dey cope. undecided dem be fish?
Be nice to Ms Nas. Be Nice! angry
Which kain bundle you wan make I bundle again? After my 3shirts,plus jacket......making 4. Two trouser, two socks.
The cold na winch sef. Upon all my "kacking" the thing still enter my body. shocked
Nna, Nawa oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by odowetalu(m): 5:12am On Nov 13, 2013
Hello everyone! Its been a while. I just wanted to encourage everybody that has been denied or is about to go for an interview to keep faith and he or she will surely get that visa. I have been there and trust me it gets better. #sidetalk cold wan kill peson here. Abeg who dey Houston?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 5:38am On Nov 13, 2013
Feasible:
Thanks bro, so I still have a grace before my visa fee can be suspended abi?

yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 5:42am On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
Which kain bundle you wan make I bundle again? After my 3shirts,plus jacket......making 4. Two trouser, two socks.
The cold na winch sef. Upon all my "kacking" the thing still enter my body. shocked
Nna, Nawa oo

LOL. na me be Mr Nice #wink# grin Even with the multiple wrappings undecided Oya make i just redirect you to imperiouxx cheesy

odowetalu: Hello everyone! Its been a while. I just wanted to encourage everybody that has been denied or is about to go for an interview to keep faith and he or she will surely get that visa. I have been there and trust me it gets better. #sidetalk cold wan kill peson here. Abeg who dey Houston?

lol. sorry about the cold. welcome to obamaland once again grin. Not in Houston but close to the place. #that's if a 3-4hrs drive is a close proximity# undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46am On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
The cold na winch sef.
Upon all my "kacking" the thing still enter my body. shocked
Nna, Nawa oo

Na wetin sef? I walk in -13 °C with only hoodie made of cotton not even wool. I hate head warmer, gloves or any accessory that makes you look like masquerade from shrine grin You guys should keep warm and get flu shot if possible.

Or you come and have taste of cold here. Lisabi should stay his Dallas, I know you can stand it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2013
@Lisadem, yes I am so preoccupied with so many things at the moment. However, I am waiting to apply for immigrant visa. I need to listen to my family members because they know better than me as far as the US is concerned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
Why are you shouting my name? angry Na now you know say one Ms Nas dey abi? You've jonzed. grin grin

But sincerely, this weather no try at all! I was walking to school this morning, after bundling up like an Onion. I didnt know when my eyes started tearing up and my nose started running badly. The wind can carry person. shocked shocked
I con dey think...."Nas, shebi na you wan come America? Welcome to America oo" cheesy

Walahi tallahi! The cold too dey disturb me for here too. Yebariba! Ibadan is too cold lately grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2013
Amefrica:

Walahi tallahi! The cold too dey disturb me for here too. Yebariba! Ibadan is too cold lately grin

eh undecided i laff in hindu. .

Omo ibadan feeling funky. cheesy

u wan *up* ur game abi. . .carry go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

Na wetin sef? I walk in -13 °C with only hoodie made of cotton not even wool. I hate head warmer, gloves or any accessory that makes you look like masquerade from shrine grin You guys should keep warm and get flu shot if possible.

Or you come and have taste of cold here. Lisabi should stay his Dallas, I know you can stand it.
shocked Awon Eleyi, won bad gan! -13oC cold with only hoodie? Your lies can wake up the dead grin I'm guessing your own masquerade dressing worse pass mine, shior

And why did you re-christian Lisadem to Lisabi? Did he tell you he's from Abeokuta ni? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2013
nomso27:

eh undecided i laff in hindu. .

Omo ibadan feeling funky. cheesy

u wan *up* ur game abi. . .carry go.

Loool. See ya bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Hello guys,
Please has anyone recently used GTB master card to register for toefl online coz I jst read it on ets website that only visa is accepted for test takers in Nigeria and some other african countries. Please guys, I need your views on this.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
shocked Awon Eleyi, won bad gan! -13oC cold with only hoodie? Your lies can wake up the dead grin I'm guessing your own masquerade dressing worse pass mine, shior

And why did you re-christian Lisadem to Lisabi? Did he tell you he's from Abeokuta ni? grin grin

@ Cold, lols. Check my last year posts during last winter. I don't use any accessories other than my jacket. Some friends here don't pay me visit in winter because may place is usually cold and sometimes, I don't sleep with the heater on. Most of this long wall-side heaters are not really good for health and they proliferate fever cells in you.

@Lisa...., I always wonder what the meaning of the id is and what always crosses my mind is that. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

@ Cold, lols. Check my last year posts during last winter. I don't use any accessories other than my jacket. Some friends here don't pay me visit in winter because may place is usually cold and sometimes, I don't sleep with the heater on. Most of this long wall-side heaters are not really good for health and they proliferate fever cells in you.

@Lisa...., I always wonder what the meaning of the id is and what always crosses my mind is that. undecided

you have not replied my PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Congrats to Walecrysler and S.Papin101.

The favour of God will continue to be passed around in generous portions. So if you are waiting for your visa, go and triumph.

Please, how should one go about paying his admission fees. Is GTB mastercard viable?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vitus101: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hello house, congratulation to forumites whose visas have been approved

I want to write GRE and TOEFL...how do I register for these exams now that we can't take the exams here in 9ja. I know this question has been addressed before. All I need is a link to that page. Please help a brother out.

Secondly, can one register without going through agents?

Furthermore, does anyone have info about schools in Turkey (pls start a 'general Turkey students' visa enquiries thread )..I ve searched nairaland in and out but could not find anything about traveling to turkey on academic grounds. That country sef make sense.

Pls gurus in da house oya make una do justice to my inquiries.. God bless us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

Then you be "Ara Orun" nigbayen o! shocked E be like say you get heater for your body? I wan be like you o, but them no born me cheesy
As per heaters, I don't use the heater in my house too, it smells funny and gives me this sense of choking. One of my toasters here was kind enough to buy me a portable one. grin

You see your life? They are already shouldering your responsibilities. Soon, you no go even see my brake lights anymore. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
Then you be "Ara Orun" nigbayen o! shocked E be like say you get heater for your body? I wan be like you o, but them no born me cheesy
As per heaters, I don't use the heater in my house too, it smells funny and gives me this sense of choking. One of my toasters here was kind enough to buy me a portable one. grin

You see your life? They are already shouldering your responsibilities. Soon, you no go even see my brake lights anymore. angry

Abeg, nor do that for my boss ooo.. He's a nerd/geek. Bear with him abeg.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
Graviton: Congrats to Walecrysler and S.Papin101.

The favour of God will continue to be passed around in generous portions. So if you are waiting for your visa, go and triumph.

Please, how should one go about paying his admission fees. Is GTB mastercard viable?

I don't think there are any problems paying application fees with a GTBank MasterCard.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ashigolo: Hello guys,
Please has anyone recently used GTB master card to register for toefl online coz I jst read it on ets website that only visa is accepted for test takers in Nigeria and some other african countries. Please guys, I need your views on this.

Thanks

You cannot use a GTBank MasterCard to register for the TOEFL. Try using a verified Accessbank Visa card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gracious17: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Gurus, pls help me with this; I hv been admitted with TOEFL but without GRE. But I took GRE later after my admission. The scores are V-143, Q-152, A-3.0 and TOEFL(PBT) score-550; TWE-3.5. My question is that when VO ask for standardized tests, do I tell him or her that I took both or TOEFL only. Is this GRE scores too low. Hw do I go about it? Pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OMOLARAO: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
mandybaby2007:

Your being married demonstrates home ties, but why your dad is sponsoring you and not ur husband raises very serious eye brow, d vo may not ask ds aloud but wil jst make a prejudiced decision, if ur dad is sponsoring u means ur husband has no say, work on making ur husband ur sponsor even if its ur dads monie, front ur husband as ur sponsor

Thanks. will see what can be done though what i have on my i-20 is my dads name as sponsor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OMOLARAO: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
Walspring:

Your marriage cant jeopardize your chance cos it shows a strong home tiers and pls go along with your marriage certificate.

Since its ur dad that will sponsor you it wont but all you have to do is to convince the VO why your dad is your sponsor so that it can give u more creditbility and chance.

Thanks alot for the advice.
You are appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:

@1st bold: you'll get used to it as time goes on.

@2nd and 3rd bold: angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tochium:

you have not replied my PM

Replied. Sorry it's coming late. Hope you understand.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
Amefrica:

Abeg, nor do that for my boss ooo.. He's a nerd/geek. Bear with him abeg.. grin

grin No mind the babe jor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

grin No mind the babe jor.

You sef do quick, nor dey fall guys' hands nah. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
dolapobello1:

I don't think there are any problems paying application fees with a GTBank MasterCard.
okay, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.