Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,538 members, 7,955,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike (24260 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike / NANS Threatens To Shut Down Private Universities Over ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by ige101(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Even though vehicular and traffic movement was stalled somehow in the the Asaba Onitsha Bridge axis,it got nothing to do with ASUU AND NANS.
From what i saw,it was the stupid customs people that caused the hold up

2 Likes

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Tonylyte(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Imanuelle: Pics or it didn't happen undecided
ystday i trecked 4m main mkt to asaba, becos of the hold up. Though i left around 6pm, buh i confirmed 4m a reliable source that left hs shop earlier(whilst the event was on) that it was NANS' protest that led to the hold up.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by ARareGem(f): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
If this is true, I don't see how this strategy of blocking bridges is going to work? Shouldn't they be marching to a place of relevance? undecided

Just want to say that it would be like the Second Coming when ASUU strike would be called off and students would not be ready for exams. It would not be funny at all. grin
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by pet7: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
they shud protest to national assembly and aso rock nt disturbing commuters
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Yusluv77(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
Is that the solution?
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
Tonylyte:
ystday i trecked 4m main mkt to asaba, becos of the hold up. Though i left around 6pm, buh i confirmed 4m a reliable source that left hs shop earlier(whilst the event was on) that it was NANS' protest that led to the hold up.

okay then

thanks for clearing up my doubt

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by pet7: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
students una too keep quiet march to national assembly and aso rock
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Lifemax: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
The poeple they are protesting against dont use road,i advice them 2 block 1 of the internationa l airport.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
9ja which way
Education-D7(thanx to private universities)
Security-F9
Health care-E8
Corruption-A1
Crime-A1
Immorality-A1(so bad that even celebrities with no morals and dignity are made youth ambassadors)
Poverty-B3
....And the list is endless undecided
God help us!

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
ARareGem: If this is true, I don't see how this strategy of blocking bridges is going to work? Shouldn't they be marching to a place of relevance? undecided

Just want to say that it would be like the Second Coming when ASUU strike would be called off and students would not be ready for exams. It would not be funny at all. grin

..you probably haven't realized that most nans executives are bunch of dullards who hardly graduate

They stick around the university for years
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by yunglykmine(m): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mstcheeeewww!!!
They should go have a seat jare... Blocking the major roads is not the solution.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
peppy luv: 9ja which way
Education-D7(thanx to private universities)
Security-F9
Health care-E8
Corruption-A1
Crime-A1
Immorality-A1(so bad that even celebrities with no morals and dignity are made youth ambassadors)
Poverty-B3
....And the list is endless undecided
God help us!

Leave all these copy and paste things
is ASUU all and all about education?
How about primary and secondary schools ?
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by yunglykmine(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
Imanuelle:

..you probably haven't realized that most nans executives are bunch of dullards who hardly graduate

They stick around the university for years
GBAM!! cool
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Gwekzy: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
N dey re smiling n snapin pictures here n dere...lecturers be like ''c pple we dey fight 4 dey fool dem selves''. In btw,Y on earth shld dey block a public road? If dey re learned students (I doubt) which dey claim 2 be dey shld know dat d national assembly or ASUU's office is where dey shld take their peaceful protest to..
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by omojaytee(m): 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
Cubeet: NA D BRIDGE CAUSE THE STRIKE?
grin grin grin ask dem o
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by kalohkaloh: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
Nigerian students should realize that you cannot make omelete withou breaking an egg. Teaming up with ASUU to address the rot in the univesity system is a sacrifice worth making for future generations. Afterall, some people laid down their lives in the past to give us the little privilege we are enjoying today. ASUU calling off the strike without the 2009 agreement fully implemented is tantamount to churning out half baked graduates yearly! Our universities need functional hostels, lecture theatres, internet facilities, well equipped libraries, cafetarias, infrastructure like water, light and sanitation, teaching materials/aids, adequately remunerated lecturers, research grants/facilities and exchange programmes with world best universities. The country can afford to provide these items if necessary sacrifices can be made by our looting legislatures, corrupt judiciary and overpamperd executives! Rathe than buying two bullet proof cars for a minister, such money can be donated to a central education trust fund to improve our univesities. The current myopic, misguided and ill informed agitation by student and parents that ASUU should call off the strike is lamentable and worrisome; such pressure should be mounted on the FG, National Assembly and the fatcats in the society.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Chinoble(f): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
cool.....just passing sha.... I wish say i get more sugar to add to dis garri wey don over-rise. Abeg who get small sugar for dia?
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Dontintin: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Any update.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
shachris: Why suffer the poor masses? They should go and block the aso rock villa.
they wan die?? NANS nr get level joor..dey are living in past glory
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by rossete2020(f): 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
NANS i hail o!
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Youngzedd(m): 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
9jarians.

I don pass when they started it. Thank thee.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by 9jahubcom(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
Cubeet: NA D BRIDGE CAUSE THE STRIKE?
who i go come ask
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by vizboy(m): 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by tunex23: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
Na 2day! Abegii make we hear word jaree. Rubbish Nans
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by ifiokobong: 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dis makes no sense...i dnt c how it'll help end d strike
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Hartarmah(m): 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ghana is spending 38% f dia annual budget on dia educatn bt Nigeria spends less dan 7% on his own educatn,den wy won't nigerians go dia to read.Nigeria govt is toiling wt ur life nd dt f ur generatn.It is a pity for so many people dt kept asking foolish questn on d action taking by NANS,many f u don't logically bt talk foolishly.D govt is dia ruining ur life,making life uneasy for u nd ur family nd u r still dia watching nd smiling in ur tattered/poor corner.Wen d tym comes to survival f d fittest,u will realize den nd at dt tym u will b forced to live ur comfort zone to fight ur course.U r receiving half educatn nd u r apy while ur mates in int'l universities r dropping out f schools to change d world tru dia inventions cus f d level f quality educatn dey receive. Compare urself wt Mark Zuckerberg,Steve Jobs,Aliko Dangote to mention few.Support d move nw or u die in ur silence wt ur generatn.'D journey f a thousand miles start wt a step'.So weda dey ve blocked d Asaba road or elsewia,i love dia actn.R u nt sad to kip hearing d govt say our graduates r nt employable cus dey failed to play dia role.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by whatofyou: 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
For how long are we gonna keep holding ourselves from telling the people in authority that the pair of shoes we have our feet in hurts because we are afraid of soldiers and police? The 'force people' sef, dem dey craze? Do not say things that will discourage these guys from crying out in their moment of grief.
imsu.boi:
when soldiers would be deployed to that place, we go know who be who

cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
NANS La Confused!
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by whatofyou: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Thank goodness the students have started doing something. Na stage by stage cry for help. Maybe, when they reach the stage that will be 'the last straw that broke the carmel's back,' na this act go spark the dynamite wey go bring about change for we country. The thing that pains me most is that our leaders don't care. Why would they? They are not the ones losing. This country must be better, whether they agree or not! Our students must get guality education! Kedu ihe bu nka, ehhh?!
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Hartarmah(m): 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
whatofyou: For how long are we gonna keep holding ourselves from telling the people in authority that the pair of shoes we have our feet in hurts because we are afraid of soldiers and police? The 'force people' sef, dem dey craze? Do not say things that will discourage these guys from crying out in their moment of grief.
I wonder o.D people in power neva care abt d next person bside dem,jst dem nd dia family.I don't knw if we ve tu wait till hunger strikes people down or poor policy implementatn bfore we knw tyns has gone bad.Join d move against bad governance in Nigeria tru massive action nd stop to condemn d people dt r already taking d step.
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Hartarmah(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yusluv77: Is that the solution?

Means to d solution.It is to tell everybodyt dis concerns dem nd nt ASUU alone.D actn is effective weda u like it or nt cus big people in d control will b caught up in d hold up too
Re: NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike by Coldfeet(f): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
So if you are not in school you are either a prostitute or an armed robber?? Na wa o! What happens to selling pure water and chin chin?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajayi Abimbola Adejoke Dies At Federal Poly Ilaro Over Card Requirement / Rochas Declares Free Education In Imo State To University Level. / ASUU’s Insistence On 6-Month Salary Stalling Negotiations – Federal Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.