Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,392 members, 7,954,571 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding (23866 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 2 Nigerian Students Get Deported From Canada After Year In Hiding. / Settling Down In Canada After Student Permit Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by 50calibre(m): 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
It's a pity, so after the exorbitant fees these girls must have paid, they return home without completing their studies.

Yes they broke the law, but at times discretion needs to be applied, circumstances has to be taken into account. This action paints a picture of a very intolerant society.

What I wonder is what the girls would do next, because going back to dilapidated Nigerian universities, after being exposed to quality standard of education, is nothing but hell on earth.

5 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Lilaex: 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
U day show ur sef abi!

imperiouxx: Sorry for them. It's clearly stated, "International students in North America only work under appropriate authority jurisdiction".

Contrary to this, home sweet home.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
i am sure kemi olunloyo is happy about this development
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by BARRISTERDAN(m): 11:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Abeg girls no time. Come home to papa and join us joor. That place wey una dey hide no fit una at all. ASUU should be happy dem dey get reinforcement.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
50calibre: It's a pity, so after the exorbitant fees these girls must have paid, they return home without completing their studies.

Yes they broke the law, but at times discretion needs to be applied, circumstances has to be taken into account. This action paints a picture of a very intolerant society.

What I wonder is what the girls would do next, because going back to dilapidated Nigerian universities, after being exposed to quality standard of education, is nothing but hell on earth.

I don't know if such is written on Canadian student SIN but in the US, it's clearly stated on student's SSN.

No student will then say "oga please I no no ooo" after being caught.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilaex: U day show ur sef abi!

Show myself? shocked shocked That's the rule in most of those countries even in the UK. Se na to school and stay or na to work and get deported, you go choose one.

Come to think of it, how would a full time student do well in class when he/she is working full time including nights?
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
gabrielagbaye: Oyinbo people are like that. Always strict to africans
That is because africans don't follow rules and regulations

4 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 19, 2013
Well i hope yinka's band boys wn't be caught like that till they make their dollar$ finish.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by funnyx(m): 12:01am On Oct 19, 2013
me_for_you: They should have asked before working. Even MP intervened but d wicked canadian oyibo people still pursue them.

It's not about being wicked its their law and unlike Nigeria they don't bend it less they set a precedent. Canadians no send you they are even known to have revoked citizenship to many who obtained it under false pretence despite being in Canada for decades.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by alvins12: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2013
heartless ppl. just 4 d purpose of wickedness. embassy of nigeria all over d world re the worst u can think of. they will even fecilitate their removal from d state. some yrs bak, nigerian ambassador in dublin exchanged favor with irish govt which allowed them to deport naijas wit just photo copies of tc. bigots
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by oraclefemi(m): 12:04am On Oct 19, 2013
It is clearly stated over here that you can't work on a student visa until after a stipulated amount of time , it is well known, they shouldnt act as if they werent aware cause even your school will tell you over and over again ! dont intentionally do something wrong then ask for sentiments. I have been tempted to seek work but looking at the hurdles i went through before escaping Nigeria , i wont do anything stupid to have them deport me back without achieving my aim.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by touchmeder: 12:06am On Oct 19, 2013
after all the plenty begging dem nor gree. Oh well a lesson for all in Canada cos if they have allowed these girls, they will have to allow every other person in the future.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by BANKS4U2NV: 12:07am On Oct 19, 2013
ђã†̥ ȋ̊§ so wrong with Home when U̶̲̥̅̊ ♌☺ longer needed over there? huh?God help us .Now U̶̲̥̅̊ have been caught,same home U̶̲̥̅̊ refuse to come to willing U̶̲̥̅̊ W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ƪƪ be dragged in shame now. embarassed :Njoy.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 12:10am On Oct 19, 2013
me_for_you: They should have asked before working. Even MP intervened but d wicked canadian oyibo people still pursue them.

Every Int'l student knows this. Your international advisor will continue singing it for your hearing every new semester. Friends will tell you even if you can't understand the statement written on your SIN/SSN or on the immigration website.

That's the reason why those students were found guilty of the offence.

Mind you, it's not that you can't work as a student, in US it's just 20hr/wk and it must be on-campus job unless you're doing internship during break (still proper record must be kept by the school).
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 19, 2013

that is why their country works and yours doesnt. That is why you would sell all your belongings to move over to their country (as wicked as you think they are) but they would never set foot in yours. That is why the 2 girls preferred to hide in a church for year than go back to Lagos.

You see, they are not wicked, they simply follow their laws. You on the other hand, have zero regard for laws and yet wonder why your country is such a mess today.

9 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by SeyiGold(m): 12:19am On Oct 19, 2013
kozykid: , don't go to school @ all.. Poverty!!

So going to school is automatic success
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 19, 2013
henrychubayo: Its not fair. They should have been given a written warning. Its just because we are Africans and that is why we are given terms. Its good to respect such terms though but warning for those who fault is not bad

No it is because your country does not work and they do not want to turn their own country into one large refugee camp for you.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 19, 2013
50calibre: It's a pity, so after the exorbitant fees these girls must have paid, they return home without completing their studies.

Actually it paints a picture of a society that follows the letter of the law. Any surprise that they run a 1st world economy while your own country is in ruins?

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by ladygogo: 12:24am On Oct 19, 2013
Every international student knows that you arent allowed to work off campus until you must have completed two terms then you can get an off camous work permit.

Im sure they were aware of this before they left Nigeria.

I.m sure walmart was also fined for this.

Goodluck to them though.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Watermelon(m): 12:26am On Oct 19, 2013
This old news again, I thought their case had been sorted out. Those ladies were on scholorship and were barred from working so they risked deportation after they flouted the rule. They did not overstay their visa. They stayed back in Canada pending court ruling on their case and are being assisted by their church as well.
Nairaland and fake news
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 19, 2013
Why una dey hide abi una dey fear to com back to una father land....hmmmm i pity for nigeria future!
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by ladygogo: 12:33am On Oct 19, 2013
Chei! lots of ignorant people commenting. No wonder our country is the way it is.

I dont understand us nigerians sometimes.

These girls missed a good opportunity of becoming a permanent resident. Education is the easiest way.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by MissEZ(f): 12:35am On Oct 19, 2013
I really do not feel sorry for these girls. They honestly cannot say they didnt know they were not supposed to work. Nigerians like to feel sharp and break the law. Guess what, all that mago mago does not fly outside the country. Learn to respect the law of the host country, period. Once you live by the law, you won't have to spend a year begging and making excuses.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Bimpss(f): 12:55am On Oct 19, 2013
See now this is why we can't have nice things. Canada is opening their borders, and welcoming people of all nationalities to study in their country and you have people taking advantage of a law that can be easily followed. It's people like this girls, that ruin things for everybody else. If Canada decides tomorrow to give limited student visas who could blame them?

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by MsNas(f): 1:48am On Oct 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Show myself? shocked shocked That's the rule in most of those countries even in the UK. Se na to school and stay or na to work and get deported, you go choose one.

Come to think of it, how would a full time student do well in class when he/she is working full time including nights?
I was reading about the ish rew nights ago. So sad! embarassed
From what I learnt from their lawyer, they can go into Canada again but they have to be deported and re-enter again. Is that even possible angry
I feel so sorry for those girls, after all those long months of hiding, plus the cold in that ice-box!! How much is the pay at the yeye Walmart sef?
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 1:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Ms Nas:
I was reading about the ish rew nights ago. So sad! embarassed
From what I learnt from their lawyer, they can go into Canada again but they have to be deported and re-enter again. Is that even possible angry
I feel so sorry for those girls, after all those long months of hiding, plus the cold in that ice-box!! How much is the pay at the yeye Walmart sef?

Minimum wage and direct permanent resident visa to Nigeria. Didn't that worth it? undecided
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by oladapolif: 2:18am On Oct 19, 2013
Canada dont deport like that, I can tell you, some friends set them up.... too bad... I wonder when this people will change
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by MsNas(f): 2:24am On Oct 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Minimum wage and direct permanent resident visa to Nigeria. Didn't that worth it? undecided
Pure foolishness is what led them back to Naija. Shame angry
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by MsNas(f): 2:26am On Oct 19, 2013
oladapolif: Canada dont deport like that, I can tell you, some friends set them up.... too bad... I wonder when this people will change
cheesy Dude, Are you for real? Go and flout the laws in Canada and see if they won't deport your bum back to Africa..

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by kabba7(m): 2:36am On Oct 19, 2013
bettercreature: Nigerians are even tired of themself
Why are you complain...is Gov Fasola is oyibo man ?
How i wish they are his children

Fashola don begin born Igbo girls abi think say na Fani Kayode? make those babes come home the hotel on the street still get vacant room more babes are urgently expected, customers pay here.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 19, 2013
*singing in sultan's voice* ajo o dabi ile eeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biodun Adedeji Hammed's Lost Travel Documents And Tickets Found / HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs / Ongoing Awka Millennium City Full Coverage (video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.