Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding (23737 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 2 Nigerian Students Get Deported From Canada After Year In Hiding. / Settling Down In Canada After Student Permit Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by fittty(m): 2:49am On Oct 19, 2013
Funny how those who attend classes but worked off campus are getting deported while those that never even turned up to their various schools are untouched and even still working illegally

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 2:51am On Oct 19, 2013
kabba7:

Fashola don begin born Igbo girls abi think say na Fani Kayode? make those babes come home the hotel on the street still get vacant room more babes are urgently expected, customers pay here.

Must guys involved tribes? I still don't understand this new trend on NL.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by EzePromoe: 2:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Ikwerre girls cry
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 19, 2013
Eyaa..sorry babes,its well
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 19, 2013
oladapolif: Canada dont deport like that, I can tell you, some friends set them up.... too bad... I wonder when this people will change

I was telling myself the same thing.
How did the immigration know those girls were working without permit?
I have been in Canada for many years and I have never come across an immigration officer inland.
The only place I come across immigration officers are the entry points when I am returning to Canada from international trips.

Does anyone know how the immigration came across this case in the first place?
I doubt this was flagged by Canada Revenue.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by imperiouxx(m): 4:02am On Oct 19, 2013
TheCongo:

I have been in Canada for many years and I have never come across an immigration officer inland.

The only place I come across immigration officers are the entry points when I am returning to Canada from international trips.

"Two dark skinned girls working in Walmart"..... That alone is a sell out.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 19, 2013
TheCongo:

They obviously were getting paid. Did Walmart report them as illegal or not having proper documentation.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 19, 2013
TheCongo:

Walmart must have reported them to the authorities after they got to know the girls were working illegally. And to be honest, it's quite easy these days to fish out illegals.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by ibkgab001: 4:53am On Oct 19, 2013
State and Capital
Nigeria ASUU
Canada deportation
Malaysia repartration
South africa Over stay
UK. 3000 pounds
America No Visa
Russia racisim
Austrria visa cancellation
Luxemburg no embassy
Australlia too costly
China no communication

5 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by VMLTDSMS(m): 5:41am On Oct 19, 2013
IF OUR CAMPUS DOES NOT INCLUDE STRIKE TO THE ACADEMIC CALENDAR,ALOT OF NIGERIANS STUDYING ABROAD WOULDNT BE THERE,ALOT IN GHANA AND COTONOU AND RETURN TO NIGERIA FOR NYSC,THIS IS STILL OUR ECONOMY THROWN TO FOREIGN LAND IN PURSUIT OF EDUCATION WHICH SUPPOSED TO BE DONE IN OUR MOTHER LAND.

SO BAD FOR THE VICTIMS,STUDENT VISA IS NOT SAME AS WORK PERMIT,YOU MUST HAVE Social Security Number TO secure WORK PERMIT AND EVEN GO TO NATIONAL HOSPITAL , A foreigner has no RIGHT to WORK or National Hospital until when you get a Residence to benefit the duo , you can see that there is no PLACE LIKE HOME.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by erico2k2(m): 6:04am On Oct 19, 2013
hot kaycee: More still dey make dem fish them out
E be like say dem deny U visa 10 times b4

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by dasparrow: 6:07am On Oct 19, 2013
@Post

It is very unfortunate that these two young ladies are finally being deported after all they went through. I think Canada is using them as a scapegoat to deter other foreign students studying in Canada from doing the same thing these young ladies did. The only thing is, I don't understand why these ladies chose to work when they were already on a scholarship that paid their tuition. Anyways, since ASUU will not stop striking, these ladies can try applying for admission to a university in Ghana, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia or Kenya. I do wish everything works out of them.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Burger01(m): 6:19am On Oct 19, 2013
Foul the law and face the music. Canada is not Nigeria where laws are broken with impunity..

I could remember some years back on my student visa terms to a uni in uk not to engage in any form of paid employment for more than 4hrs/week. I adhered to this to the last letter.

These people don't joke with their laws.. very unlike Nigeria.

Pity to the girls though but believe me sometimes things happen for the best and moreso that's not the end of the world. Shrug it off and live your lives

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 19, 2013
henrychubayo: Its not fair. They should have been given a written warning. Its just because we are Africans and that is why we are given terms. Its good to respect such terms though but warning for those who fault is not bad
the warning was already given with the visa...why do pple feel that they can do whatever they want. Why didn't they jus follow the rules and regulations?

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by njuwo(m): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2013
Wait o. Where dem hide put before
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by elari(m): 7:33am On Oct 19, 2013
davidylan:

that is why their country works and yours doesnt. That is why you would sell all your belongings to move over to their country (as wicked as you think they are) but they would never set foot in yours. That is why the 2 girls preferred to hide in a church for year than go back to Lagos.

You see, they are not wicked, they simply follow their laws. You on the other hand, have zero regard for laws and yet wonder why your country is such a mess today.
. . . whats dis one saying " they would never set foot on your country" so all the canadians i see here, where do they come from?

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Chinwem(f): 7:57am On Oct 19, 2013
Osama10: This people harsh oh, after all the begging.

Why do Nigerians think that begging solves everything?

If you live on Canadian soil, then follow their darn laws for fecks sake!!!

Breaking every little law then thinking that you can beg your way out of it will turn their country into another Nigeria and we can see why they wouldn't want that now, can't we? If Nigeria was worth running home to would they have stayed a year to try to sort it out or ran home immediately ?

I don't know why some people abuse and trample on others generosity and hospitality.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by akereconfi: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2013
I know those two girls, they were on Scholarship with RSSDA in Rivers State
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by RFella(m): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2013
I really pity this country. Our tainted image is not even helping matters at all...any small tin u do abroad, will bounce back simply because ur a Nigerian....I bet u, if these girls were British or American, they would NEVER be deported!
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by eaglechild: 9:47am On Oct 19, 2013
R.Fella:
I really pity this country. Our tainted image is not even helping matters at all...any small tin u do abroad, will bounce back simply because ur a Nigerian....I bet u, if these girls were British or American, they would NEVER be deported!
Why would an average Briton or American go to Canada for university education?
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by tpia5: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2013
The girls decided to go home voluntarily in order to not jeopardize their chances of returning to canada in the future.

I dont know why nobody is stating this.

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Danmas: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2013
acaciakay: Jamb registration soon to commence●
ASUU and ASUP are on strike naa...
Abi u wan may dey join the strike ne?
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2013
shachris: shocked I hope one of them is not Okija_Juju?
lol
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2013
Africa could easily be the richest continent on the planet, Nigeria could easily be one of the world powers! These white men don't have anything.. their countries are built out of stolen resources from our continent! we have oil, diamonds, ivory,gold, coal, tin, timber, iron, phosphate everything... but what is the one thing that they have and we don't? unity!! without unity you can't progress! look at the UK, the EU, the USA all united to form powerful territories.. but all African countries are only obsessed with being the best on the continent, the north Africans have even denied the African continent, they call themselves Maghreb.. why should a citizen of the USA be able to travel to south Africa visa free whilst Nigerians, Ghanians, Ivorians and others need visas and vice versa? Answer: cos this is Africa, where countries sh*t their comrades and kiss the white man's behind. Yet people talk about "being proudly Africa" shut the f*ck up, what are you proud of? amala and ewedu? banku? antelope pepper soup? what are the real benefits in being African? look at the EU, someone from France can go to Germany and work easily despite the fact that Hitler humiliated them in 1940 by invading Paris in less than a day and taking a picture in front of the Eiffel tower yet the countries still get along. Nigeria and south Africa haven't even been at war so why the hate between them? why do we Africans hate ourselves so much? Students from EU countries can study in any EU nation they want and they get fully sponsored by the country in which they are studying, sponsorship includes pocket money every month, but a Nigerian who wants to study in south Africa has to pay full tuition same as a student from America! and vice versa!

I keep wondering the function of the African Union, totally useless to me! The way forward is to ERASE ECOWAS, SADC and all small regions to form a larger union which will comprise of all African states! putting resources together, helping each other develop as well as helping the smaller less affluent nations to develop, and you ll see the economic and infrastructural beast that Africa will become & Africans won't need to leave their countries/continent in search of greener pastures. The white man knows this, and he doesn't want it, so he is trying to jam African nation's heads together, and we r so gullible its annoying!. After all said, Africa NEEDS A REVOLUTION, Nigeria needs a revolution, WE NEED To come together as one!! No matter how strong and skilled you are as an individual, you still need an army to go to war!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 19, 2013
In developed countries - Law is law and cannot be bent!
In Nigeria - Beg small, they will pity you and release you (only for the culprit to do the same thing over again).
if they refuse to set you free....Nigerians will start doing the pity game and say authority consist of wicked people...blah blah blah.

That's the main reason why things 'seem' to be working there...while it's not so in Nigeria. We lack regards for laid down rule.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by GENTLETEE(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2013
So this is how it all ended after repeated pleas! So so unfair. It is well though quite sad.
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by pauliruos: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2013
it can happen to any body...they welcome anyways... wink
Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by BankuTilapia: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2013
henrychubayo: Its not fair. They should have been given a written warning. Its just because we are Africans and that is why we are given terms. Its good to respect such terms though but warning for those who fault is not bad

Utter nonsense, most nigerians r lawless. They shld bring them back. grin

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerian Students Deported From Canada After A Year In Hiding by lyfe(m): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

"Two dark skinned girls working in Walmart"..... That alone is a sell out.

Black girls are everywhere, the cultural diversty in Canada is high; at least with what I see in Ontario.

SIN or no SIN card students on scholarship are not allowed to work in most countries and chances of staying back after graduating is very slim.

Obviously, they know the law and they chose to feign ignorance and outsmart the system. I don't pity them. I know people like them they are the ones who form "bigger girls" to their mateys stuck with ASUU in Nigeria while they are breaching their terms of admittance in a generous country.

People who paid raw cash as International students are in school fvcking their books on daily basis hoping to grad and get a legit job and settle down. Good riddance to bad nonsense. The good Nigerians are tired of the bad image this "na we sabi pass" sort of people give us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand / Thread For Pictures From Nairalanders Christmases / Lagos Blue Line Rail Begins Operation (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.