Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Done With This Webmasters Section - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Done With This Webmasters Section (1169 Views)

Webmasters Section Is Dying / *~Yawa-ti-de Voted Webmasters Section Poster Of The Year 2012*~Congratulations / Tutorials In Webmasters Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Done With This Webmasters Section by Afam(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2008
It seems most of the web developers that make use of this section of the forum are either bragging without anything to backup their claims or they have even terrible websites that are worse than those they criticize all the time.

Put differently, there is very little to learn so it will make perfect sense to look for a web development forum where serious web developers with real projects can be found.

Good luck to you all as many prefer to live false lives, make ridiculous claims and think that the best route to success is running other people down.
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by yawatide(f): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2008
Nah man,

You can't just leave like that. You are an elder statesman of this forum. If you've noticed, to sort of steer clear of controversial topics, I post topics that people can learn from. Granted I don't generate the number of responses I would have expected, I still march on. There are times I have contemplated leaving myself but I stay on cos of the few people who in my opinion keep this board going.

Don't go man. Look at it this way: Since as you've said, there is little to learn anymore, if you leave, it will be that much more worse. Think about it, you could be that lone voice screaming in the wilderness tongue

Seriously though, don't leave.
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by goldenimp(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2008
Funny thing though is that in almost every webmasters forum, ull found such people you are running from there.

You can learn something from everyone, what to do and what not to do. because there is sense found in every non-sense.

If one cannot run with men how can you then run with horses. (Jer 12:5)
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by boro43(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2008
Afam:

It seems most of the web developers that make use of this section of the forum are either bragging without anything to backup their claims or they have even terrible websites that are worse than those they criticize all the time.

Put differently, there is very little to learn so it will make perfect sense to look for a web development forum where serious web developers with real projects can be found.

Good luck to you all as many prefer to live false lives, make ridiculous claims and think that the best route to success is running other people down.

Good bye to bad riddance man, so get going and lets have some peace around here. angry
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by neo2(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2008
yeah man, you need a l.i.t.t.l.e. romans. lol.
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by OmniPotens(m): 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2008
@Afam

Well, I used to remember those all days when I used to feel I was contented with everything happening around me in one way or the other. I would feel like leaving the world but it is then that things which will really make head way in my life starts coming by. If you feel that there is not much to do here on the forum, I must tell you that there are many. Ok, can you follow the leads of yawa-ti-de and start offering tutorials? This way, you steer clear from quarrels and harsh talks. People either come around, learn, ask questions and even make deals with you based on your expertise. Try it out and see how good it thrives.

Cheers!
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by Phiry(m): 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2008
Afam, I am not sure if I have ever posted something in your posts because I never can stand the trend the discussion goes, but I noticed a trend in your posts. It's like you attract the type of response you get to your posts.

This is not a matter of being a webmaster or whatever, It's about life itself. It's your ability to absorb criticism without feeling too bad about it. It's poor. Please work on it.

However, the Nairaland Webmaster's forum got this lot of contributors because there is no suitable forum for them. The business forum could have had a section for internet marketing, graphic design and some other topics that get posted on the Webmaster's section, May be because of the rules, setup and response people get from other forums.

I am in fact saying not many people on the Webmasters forum are so savvy in being a webmaster, But Afam take note; that you are not an architect does not mean you wouldn't know what your dream house should look like. If everyone could afford to outsource every design job, they'll rather prefer that option to going through the webmaster's trouble of doing/learning it themselves and they'll get the job done better than they can do it themselves(I hope you understand me).

However, farewell.
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by hanen(f): 11:03am On Jul 07, 2008
Like Phiry said, you sometimes elicit the responses you get. And instead of taking things in good faith, you proceed to tear down the person's  work/history. Personally, i PREFER getting reviews from people who know little about web development, because believe it or not, thats the majority of people that will visit your site at any given time. You obviously can't handle criticism well. Everyone can't phrase anything nicely to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside about your failures. If you think going somewhere else will prevent you from getting criticism, be it harsh or nice, then BYE.
Abeg, carry your wahala and go.
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by mambenanje(m): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2008
Afam
Please dont go, this forum very much needs you, my2cent is no more and now you are leaving. if I lead you to this decisioin, then man I take my words back am sorry for all that.
come lets continue pushing the spirit of web development and business and help other guys who are coming up in this field for a better Africa
thanks
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by webemerald(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2008
Good riddance to bad rubbish, u wont be missed. grin
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by broadcode(m): 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2008
Afam,

You now seems to understand what I mean then, if you remember. I told everyone willing then that this section is full of "empty barrels".

Good luck on your search for a "greener pasture".

grin
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by timmy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2008
Yippey!!, one less loser to worry about grin

Nvr really liked Afang soup anyways,
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by smartsoft(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
well noone wants u back home,  it all boils down to the boring post u put up. my own simple word is

REAL MEAN FACES CHALLENGES
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by webemerald(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
@afam

OLD idiot, someone already advised you to go self-service yourself to sleep.

This old fool consistently claimed i posted other peoples links on my portfolio page with http://nigeriapolice.org/marathon and http://www.marketingmixideas.com when this was a job i sweated for and went to abuja 2wice in two days just to get.

LIke i said before good riddance to bad rubbish angry
Re: Done With This Webmasters Section by adfabb(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hello everyone,
i think we should take things easy with one another, the sky is wide enough for all of us to fly without hurting ourselves.
Do have a good day

(1) (Reply)

Free Info! : Youtube Free Video : Earn $450 Plus Monthly / Nigeria Ad Agency Vs America Ad Agency / Website Designer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.