Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Webmasters Section Is Dying - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Section Is Dying (3573 Views)

The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland / Tutorials In Webmasters Section / Seun, The Webmasters Section Is Becoming Loathsome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Section Is Dying by zeroshadow: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2014
my opinion of a webmasters section is sharing of internet marketing ideas, blogging tips, seo tips and earning online angry angry

why should the webmasters section have sticky topics like:
- post your your php problems here
- learn web design live on nairaland
- calling on all web developers: redesign

these are programming topics angry angry angry

people can't even create topics on ways to earn online because the topic would be "hidden or removed"....
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 07, 2014
zeroshadow:
my opinion of a webmasters section is sharing of internet marketing ideas, blogging tips, seo tips and earning online angry angry

why should the webmasters section have sticky topics like:
- post your your php problems here
- learn web design live on nairaland
- calling on all web developers: redesign

these are programming topics angry angry angry

people can't even create topics on ways to earn online because the topic would be "hidden or removed"....

For your information, webmasters is not just blogging!!! In fact, i dont categorize bloggers as webmasters! A Blogger Like Linda Ikeji does not know the full meaning of PHP i am 100% Sure of that! Tell me what makes her a Webmaster? It is even you bloggers that should not be here.. You should have your own category! Webmasters is for the webdevelopers! PHP, MySQL, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, Web Design, Web Tutorials, etc... that is what we want to see in the webmasters section.

Not just wordpress and topics.. or SEO! Have a nice Day!

2 Likes

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by fleps(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2014
coolsix:

For your information, webmasters is not just blogging!!! In fact, i dont categorize bloggers as webmasters! A Blogger Like Linda Ikeji does not know the full meaning of PHP i am 100% Sure of that! Tell me what makes her a Webmaster? It is even you bloggers that should not be here.. You should have your own category! Webmasters is for the webdevelopers! PHP, MySQL, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, Web Design, Web Tutorials, etc... that is what we want to see in the webmasters section.

I totally concur
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by zeroshadow: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
coolsix:

blogging, seo, sem, IM, earn online is to webmasters....

while

PHP, MySQL, ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, Web Design, Web Tutorials is to web developers or computer programmers..

According to wikipedia:
A webmaster (from web and master),[1] also called a web architect, web developer, site author, website administrator, or website coordinator is a person responsible for maintaining one or many websites. The duties of the webmaster may include: ensuring that the web servers, hardware and software are operating correctly, designing the website, generating and revising web pages, A/B testing, replying to user comments, and examining traffic through the site. As a general rule, professional webmasters "must also be well-versed in Web transaction software, payment-processing software, and security software."

from the definition above, Linda ikeji can be considered a webmaster.... not all webmasters know how to code or other things a computer can do...

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
zeroshadow:

The duties of the webmaster may include: ensuring that the web servers, hardware and software are operating correctly, designing the website.

How many bloggers do this?

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by zeroshadow: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
coolsix:

How many bloggers do this?

you intentionally left out "replying to user comments, generating and revising web pages, A/B testing and examining traffic through the site"...

Just like normal jobs have different categories.... webmasters have different categories...

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
What are your suggestions to reviving it?
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
adewasco2k:
What are your suggestions to reviving it?

suggestions are explained above.... in the first post.... topics relating internet business/marketing...
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
GodMode:

suggestions are explained above.... in the first post.... topics relating internet business/marketing...

Man, Internet business should be in the business section.. Business is Business... Most of us misunderstand this webmaster thing, we believe anything online must be webmaster related.. c'mon, online business should be in the Business Section.. Online Or Offline same with Marketing.

80% Of the users who visit this web masters section do not even know how to build a simple Web application. This should be our priority.. Not just focusing on wordpress or blogging tips.. Because you are all bloggers! People should come here and learn.. After 2 weeks of steady visit, they should be able to boast of a self-made app! Not focusing on money making.. go to the investment or Job Seeking or Business section please..

Most of my Dev issues i visit other forums when i have nairaland.com/webmasters but no, its all SEO and Money making.. #ish

#NoBashIntended

3 Likes

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
coolsix:

Man, Internet business should be in the business section.. Business is Business... Most of us misunderstand this webmaster thing, we believe anything online must be webmaster related.. c'mon, online business should be in the Business Section.. Online Or Offline same with Marketing.

80% Of the users who visit this web masters section do not even know how to build a simple Web application. This should be our priority.. Not just focusing on wordpress or blogging tips.. Because you are all bloggers! People should come here and learn.. After 2 weeks of steady visit, they should be able to boast of a self-made app! Not focusing on money making.. go to the investment or Job Seeking or Business section please..

Most of my Dev issues i visit other forums when i have nairaland.com/webmasters but no, its all SEO and Money making.. #ish

#NoBashIntended

building web applications is for programmers... not webmasters.... some programmers can combine programming and been a webmaster... most newbies just want a way to earn online..

internet business is not a normal business. Everything online is webmaster related... online biz must be a webmaster thing..

80% of webmasters just want to earn online... web apps are for programmers... if the app doesn't solve a problem what is the point of making the app... with money they can outsource projects to programmers to create apps...
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 6:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
webmaster has to do with practically everything relating to managing a website. so SEO, blogging, adsense, e-marketing etc are all welcome.

core programming topics like php/C/.NET/JAVA should go to programming section.

Webmaster's section is more active than the programming section that is why most people ill post even programming topics here.

We might start moving programming topics to programming section to keep that section alive and also be able to distinguish between the two.

more suggestions are welcome

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2014
coolsix:

#NoBashIntended
I totally agree with you most of them bloggers are too after the financial gains no more passion

but blogging, SEO tips and d likes should definately be in the webmasters section.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2014
My Comment was deleted, what happen to freedom of opinions and speech? Nairaland mods? i'll stop c0mmenting on any thread KING adewasco2k is following. #bows down
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:
My Comment was deleted, what happen to freedom of opinions and speech? Nairaland mods? i'll stop c0mmenting on any thread KING adewasco2k is following. #bows down

Bro, that comment could end up derailing the trend
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:
My Comment was deleted, what happen to freedom of opinions and speech? Nairaland mods? i'll stop c0mmenting on any thread KING is following. #bows down

where did u get that dp from I need pics of hot girls cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2014
adewasco2k:

Bro, that comment could end up derailing the trend

what was the comment about tongue tongue tongue
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 08, 2014
Lol. . .when i dey talk am before, them dey ban me anyhow, me i no talk again o.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 9:52am On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:
Lol. . .when i dey talk am before, them dey ban me anyhow, me i no talk again o.

wetin u tell dem wey dem dey ban u anyhow lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:

what was the comment about tongue tongue tongue

Lol...if I say then there will be no reason for hidding it
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:

where did u get that dp from I need pics of hot girls cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

my gf. Steal it if you want. cheesy
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Vinshu(f): 10:42am On Nov 08, 2014
Blogging and SEO and also online business and others.. are webmaster related! So they should all be incorporated.

The Programming topics like PHP and .NET and so on, should be in the programming section but not really as long as they are web based, they should still remain in the webmasters section.

2 Likes

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 08, 2014
GodMode:

wetin u tell dem wey dem dey ban u anyhow lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Ah, seun quickly deleted the post and banned me. That is what is now happening, the webmasters section is dying. . . . . . . .i shall just stand by the sidelines and pray for the best.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

my gf. Steal it if you want. cheesy

Hmmm.... So you're not a lady
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2014
Vinshu:
Blogging and SEO and also online business and others.. are webmaster related! So they should all be incorporated.

The Programming topics like PHP and .NET and so on, should be in the programming section but not really as long as they are web based, they should still remain in the webmasters section.

Most things that have to do with computers and programming are web based that does not mean they have to be in the webmasters section.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2014
Maybe this topic will hit frontpage, as the best topic in a long time - other trending topics are wapkastuffs, blogging and other wanna-be webmasters.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:
Maybe this topic will hit frontpage, as the best topic in a long time - other trending topics are wapkastuffs, blogging and other wanna-be webmasters.

grin
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by GodMode: 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:

I'm working on another topic... I hope the mods stick the thread..
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
Does this board even have a moderator?
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
adewasco2k:

grin

Mod doesn't want to get fired!! grin Mod i created a topic on browsers that will make a good trend on fr0ntpage atleast! do what's right bro! you own this section!
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:
Does this board even have a moderator?

Dhtml bro, stop criticising Wapka! that is n0t a language but a builder okay. i'm not attacking you bro, i've read s0me of y0ur c0mments regarding Wapka to be a bit "Critic? wapka supports javascripting(Jquery, Ajax) and HTML/CSS that is en0ugh for any webdeveloper. I got approved for adsense with my responsive wapka site. shows you how my little knowledge of client side scripting (Jquery Mostly) can make me do any trick i want. remember this quote: "Everyone is A Noob. But Some Noobs Are Just Better" i think nairaland should stiffen up the webmasters section rules on type of threads that should be created, these should'nt be a "Blog Review Section", "Help ME" etc.. google can answer those questi0ns for all of us. these should be a section for Learning and Sharing Ideas. if you want to know how to code PHP download an Ebook. and also not a section to claim like a "Know It All"
Adewasko, should i write Rules for these sect? :p

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairahost really not a hosting to go with ! / GTB (Naira) Mastercard / If You Are A Blogger (site Owner) Make Sure You Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.