Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

A Thread For Body Builders - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For Body Builders (64187 Views)

Body-builders Please Get In Here / Forever Lite Ultra With Aminotein Shake Good For Sports People, Body Builders / Vitamin & Minerla Supplements For Body Builders! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2013
^^^Very informative
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Oblitz(m): 11:16am On Oct 23, 2013
Can someone tell me where to get creatine at lagos, please.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by adexsimply(m): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Vanneni: Bawoni oremi? grin

daadaa ni.. Iwo nko? grin wink
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
adexsimply:

daadaa ni.. Iwo nko? grin wink
Mowa alafia. smiley
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by adexsimply(m): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
Vanneni: Mowa alafia. smiley
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by slimola(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
i suggest, u use casillan 90
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Underground: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
Oblitz: Can someone tell me where to get creatine at lagos, please.

I get my supplements from abroad. Getting the brands and variety that I want is a bit of a challenge in Lagos. Mopheth PHarmacy though I believe sells Muscletech products which I must also warn you are very expensive. Their Celltech creatine is about 25/27k for a tub. If you workout and cosume creatine regularly like I do, you gonna blow through that supply in about 3/4 weeks!

Once again, working out, dieting and supplementing is an expensive lifestyle but totally worth the pay off.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
adexsimply:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
HeHe! cheesy smiley
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by oluwanoni: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
:-XI dunno if its the names of these supplements that scare
me or the supplement it self
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Calebeslove4u(m): 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nice thread...
Whenever i gym or do push up frequently I always feel serious pain on my chest bone.....
Please what could b d cause and wat can I do 2 stop feeling dis pain
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
^^You should see a doctor
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by brunosucre(m): 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
Calebeslove4u: Nice thread...
Whenever i gym or do push up frequently I always feel serious pain on my chest bone.....
Please what could b d cause and wat can I do 2 stop feeling dis pain

Its all about continuity,u use pain to overcome pain. Ignore d pain keep up wt ur push-ups and with time u'll stop feeling d pain. I think I kinda like a bit of pain followin my work outs, it makes me feel I ve actually worked. With tym most Routines become painless with less gains, dts y its advisable 2 change ur routines frm tym 2 tym and 2 keep challenging ursef. Another thing is ur form tho, maybe u do ur push-up using a wrong form. So watch out

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by emcemayo: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2013
Omo_Alata: .

I love your taste. I have read body for life but I have never done it. I did you are your own gym 3yrs ago. I also did convict conditioning but I never finished it, I think I got to level 3-4 before I got distracted by another program. Were you able to do the pistol squat and headstand push-up? I am not to that level yet but I can admire those who can lol.

I love bodyweight training cos I find it very challenging plus my muscles recover really fast. My program for the last 3months is very bodyweight based.

Can you keep up with intensity now that you're pregnant? Or do you have to modify a lot? My friend who is a heavy lifter is also pregnant and cannot do any heavy weight training at all. She is very off balance plus she gets dizzy easily, so she is only doing barre workout for now. She is almost due, so I don't have to hear her complain anymore lol
wow the thread is gone far omo- alata i train when i can mostly squat and long walks these days cos that helps with preggers issues but i guess am one of the lucky ones no issues with pregnancy but i reduce intensity for safety reasons and who say walking is not exercise enough for a prego woman , in the meantime am realling digging this thread seems to be getting even more interesting by the day.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Jamesdman(m): 7:23am On Oct 24, 2013
It's a Thursday morning...
Time to work those legs and abs.
leggooo!!!!
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by deebrain(m): 8:31am On Oct 24, 2013
hmmm...... cool

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Ugosample(m): 8:54am On Oct 24, 2013
This thread is very informative. But i'm not close to any gym at the moment, so my question: Is push ups as effective as bar bells? And secondly, i've got to a point where further expansion is not forthcoming (so i think) which protein supplement is steroids free? And is it advisable to use them?
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by OmoAlata1(f): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2013
emcemayo:
wow the thread is gone far omo- alata i train when i can mostly squat and long walks these days cos that helps with preggers issues but i guess am one of the lucky ones no issues with pregnancy but i reduce intensity for safety reasons and who say walking is not exercise enough for a prego woman , in the meantime am realling digging this thread seems to be getting even more interesting by the day.

Squatting is really good. I heard it helps during the delivery process. Mostly the ATG(a$$ to the grass) squats. I love walking. You get plenty of benefits from it. Have you done Leslie Sansone walk at home stuff for the days you just want to do it in ur livingroom? She has plenty videos on YouTube. Wish you a boring pregnancy and safe delivery
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 10:13am On Oct 24, 2013
James-dman:
It's a Thursday morning...
Time to work those legs and abs.
leggooo!!!!
cool[quote author=James-dman]
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2013
Ugosample: This thread is very informative. But i'm not close to any gym at the moment, so my question: Is push ups as effective as bar bells? And secondly, i've got to a point where further expansion is not forthcoming (so i think) which protein supplement is steroids free? And is it advisable to use them?
v
the reason I will choose barbells over regular pushups is the ability of changing weights, whereas in pushups you are stuck with your bodyweight. if further expansion aint forthcoming change or spice up your routine a bit, it could be your body is getting accustomed to your current work out and lastly there are many steroid free supplements (either check with your local pharmacy or purchase online)
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by movmentish(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2013
This thread is just perfect,here are my problems.
1)i am 5'8 nd weight 60 kg
2)i've been on 60kg for years,makes me think i cant get bigger again
3)i do atleast a hundred press-up and 50 sit-up everyday but i've stopped seeing the benefits (i have a really nice 6 pac tho but no chest)
4) seems i have to eat a hell lot of food to bulk up (i'm not a food person,i could go a day without eating and not be hungry)
5) i just wanna get big cry
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Ugosample(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2013
Professor D.:
v
the reason I will choose barbells over regular pushups is the ability of changing weights, whereas in pushups you are stuck with your bodyweight. if further expansion aint forthcoming change or spice up your routine a bit, it could be your body is getting accustomed to your current work out and lastly there are many steroid free supplements (either check with your local pharmacy or purchase online)
Thank you very much. I also have a little issue with my physique. I've got broad chests, but my belly is kinda big(not too big anyway) i've tried sit ups but i felt some pain in my underbelly and close to my groin. Is this pain normal? What other exercise can i do to reduce my belly fat? Or dietary changes? Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by emcemayo: 11:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Squatting is really good. I heard it helps during the delivery process. Mostly the ATG(a$$ to the grass) squats. I love walking. You get plenty of benefits from it. Have you done Leslie Sansone walk at home stuff for the days you just want to do it in ur livingroom? She has plenty videos on YouTube. Wish you a boring pregnancy and safe delivery
wetin nah! boring ke anyhoo am having a nice time it's really an interesting journey. yes, about leslie's dvd i have heard good news about it and am planning on getting it especially when the baby gets here grin
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by emcemayo: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Professor D.:
v
the reason I will choose barbells over regular pushups is the ability of changing weights, whereas in[b] pushups you are stuck with your bodyweight[/b]. if further expansion aint forthcoming change or spice up your routine a bit, it could be your body is getting accustomed to your current work out and lastly there are many steroid free supplements (either check with your local pharmacy or purchase online)
prof. good advice you've got there on spicing up the routine that helps a lots, but for push up there are a million and one variation of push-up that are advanced than the regular push up e.g ; the one arm push up or the spider push even incline is advance to increase load shocked grin
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by emcemayo: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ugosample: This thread is very informative. But i'm not close to any gym at the moment, so my question: Is push ups as effective as bar bells? And secondly, i've got to a point where further expansion is not forthcoming (so i think) which protein supplement is steroids free? And is it advisable to use them?
push ups and barbells are not the same thing even though they work muscles . since you don't have a gym access. spice up your bodyweight exercises check up internet for bodyweights exercises i think i saw one reading through this thread
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by OmoAlata1(f): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
emcemayo:
wetin nah! boring ke anyhoo am having a nice time it's really an interesting journey. yes, about leslie's dvd i have heard good news about it and am planning on getting it especially when the baby gets here grin

You know boring pregnancy is a good thing. No frequent doctor or hospital visits , no complication. Just pure relaxation lol

I think you will love her stuff, plenty of her stuff on YouTube
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Professor D.:

The reason your stomach swells after meals could be fat or medical problems(very rare) practice portion control lower simple carbs, fat and junk...start with 35 mins cardio for 3 days each week and a day or 2 for resistance training...just a tip am no expert
i dnt understand dat resistance training.more light plz
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
yusufogrin:
i dnt understand dat resistance training.more light plz
Resistance training induces muscular contraction which builds the strength, anaerobic endurance, and size of skeletal muscles. E.g pushups, bicep curl, lunges etc
Simply put they work muscle groups
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by ProfessorD(m): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ugosample: Thank you very much. I also have a little issue with my physique. I've got broad chests, but my belly is kinda big(not too big anyway) i've tried sit ups but i felt some pain in my underbelly and close to my groin. Is this pain normal? What other exercise can i do to reduce my belly fat? Or dietary changes? Thanks.
To reduce fat anywhere you need to burn it through cardio(running, jogging etc) diet or both. sit ups alone won't give you a flat belly. I dont know what your current diet is like but I will advise you watch out for too much sugar, stress, simple carbs, and unhealthy fats the pain from doing sit ups is perferctly normal it would reduce as your fitness level inceases
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
wat of chest building. . . .how to apply heavy weight lifting
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by Jamesdman(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
movmentish:
3)i do atleast a hundred press-up and 50 sit-up everyday but i've stopped seeing the benefits (i have a really nice 6 pac tho but no chest)
cry
Push ups can't be compared to bench presses with barbells in terms of results.
Push ups utilizes only body weight, which isn't enough to build that big, broad, meaty pecs most guys dream of. Push ups only help build endurance, so if u can do 100push ups, it means you've got great endurance, but that won't help you get bigger.
The key to help build bigger pecs is to bench press heavy weights and progressively increase the weights as it gets easier. The heavier you push the bigger you get!!!
Re: A Thread For Body Builders by movmentish(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
James-dman:

Push ups can't be compared to bench presses with barbells in terms of results.
Push ups utilizes only body weight, which isn't enough to build that big, broad, meaty pecs most guys dream of. Push ups only help build endurance, so if u can do 100push ups, it means you've got great endurance, but that won't help you get bigger.
The key to help build bigger pecs is to bench press heavy weights and progressively increase the weights as it gets easier. The heavier you push the bigger you get!!!
you did not answer the rest of my issues....thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Body Builders by emcemayo: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Omo_Alata: .

You know boring pregnancy is a good thing. No frequent doctor or hospital visits , no complication. Just pure relaxation lol

I think you will love her stuff, plenty of her stuff on YouTube
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

What Is The Most Strong Weight Loss Pills ? / Two Nigerian Soldiers Test Positive For Coronavirus In Borno / Maggots Coming Out From A Woman's Head (Viewers Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.