Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,321 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... (1131 Views)

Imo Seem To Be Richer Than Anambra Is True? / Akinwunmi Ambode Is Corrupt And Unfit To Govern Lagos. / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by Cuche: 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lagos is such a complicated State. From the sea of heads that circulate within its borders, to the dense residential and commercial houses, from the assembly of different cultures, ethnic groups to the overwhelming presence of all communities of agencies of governance; the armed forces, banking groups, Church headquarters, to the unique terrain of land and canals, the quantity of waste and refuse churned out daily, the population of miscreants available within it.

But what amazes me most is that Mr Fashola B. has been able to manage this state to the extent that it looked as though Lagos is any other State. The way he has done it made it look simple. But for the compensations due the owners of certain buildings most of the strategic roads would have been close to complete dualization. Another thing is that he has short medium and long term plans on developing the State. The miscreants that flooded Lagos State have been reduced through meaningful engagements most of them are working in road traffic control

Having no "technocrat" experience from Fidelity Bank as someone would say, yet he did what the "technocrat" could not do in over 7 years.
Yes there may be some similarity between the two states like the presence of Large markets and touts but Lagos governance is definitely a more daunting challenge. Yet this Fashola...

Today, the administration of Mr Fashola has become a reference point for those clamoring for a change in the leadership of my darling State. We don't need Fidelity brand of "technocrats" any longer than March 2014. I don't have anything against Fidelity bank plc except that the people who use the name for their campaign could have done better in moving Anambra forward and possibly making it a reference point.
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by njideoby(f): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
What do you aim to achieve with this?
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by pardechevuex(f): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
If a goat (ewu) is put on a scale,can I call it skelewu?just asking.@topic fashola has done well for lagos state
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by bloggernaija: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2013
Governing Lagos is harder than governing nigeria.
The expectations are higher and the populace are more educated and civic minded.
On a normal day, there are as many articles in the newspapers on Lagos issue as the rest of the country combined.
In the past , anger in Lagos was enough for the government to fall
That more than any other reason was the reason why the capital was moved.
Do you think all the nonsense taking/took place in Abuja under OBJ,yar adua and GEJ would have happened without serious civil disobedience.
All they do in Abuja is share money to keep all the hungry men happy and shout "one nigeria " after.
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by gleaf: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2013
Let me take u on Fidelity bank brand! Why will you reject such a brand that acts like its name Fidelity? Why will you reject people that made it scale through the turbulent times of banking industry, when other banks were finding it difficult to recapitalise with 25billion, this brand paid almost fifty to recapitalise without any merger or sacking of workers to cope, rather they kept on opening more branches. I am not a staff , am not even speakingor marketing for them. The character of people they present are pple with integrity and humility of the highest order.
We have tested them in leadership position and they performed very well and happens to be the best in financial prudence which 95percent of our current leaders lack. So why will a sane human being reject such a brand? Though I will understand why greedy and consienceless pple will reject them , cos they can't stand honety. As for Anambra! We are voting Fidelity(if that is what you call Obiano or APGA) for continuity and progress of the grass roots.
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by ikeyman00(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
@@@

Cuche: 9:43pm On Oct 19
[s]
Lagos is such a complicated State. From the sea of heads that circulate within its borders, to the dense residential and commercial houses, from the assembly of different cultures, ethnic groups to the overwhelming presence of all communities of agencies of governance; the armed forces, banking groups, Church headquarters, to the unique terrain of land and canals, the quantity of waste and refuse churned out daily, the population of miscreants available within it.

But what amazes me most is that Mr Fashola B. has been able to manage this state to the extent that it looked as though Lagos is any other State. The way he has done it made it look simple. But for the compensations due the owners of certain buildings most of the strategic roads would have been close to complete dualization. Another thing is that he has short medium and long term plans on developing the State. The miscreants that flooded Lagos State have been reduced through meaningful engagements most of them are working in road traffic control

Having no "technocrat" experience from Fidelity Bank as someone would say, yet he did what the "technocrat" could not do in over 7 years.
Yes there may be some similarity between the two states like the presence of Large markets and touts but Lagos governance is definitely a more daunting challenge. Yet this Fashola...

Today, the administration of Mr Fashola has become a reference point for those clamoring for a change in the leadership of my darling State. We don't need Fidelity brand of "technocrats" any longer than March 2014. I don't have anything against Fidelity bank plc except that the people who use the name for their campaign could have done better in moving Anambra forward and possibly making it a reference point.[/s]

lies lies

yes the first open heart surgery was bla bla in oduduwa
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 20, 2013
This peoples stupidity knows no bounds.lagos is one of the easy states to govern,a state with opposition that only thinks about the next election,and so many areas without motorable roads and water supply,yet no protest,not even against ordinally local govt chairmen.Go to anambra and see so many opposition figures who cannot be bought with state funds.
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by ikeyman00(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
@@@

a state that survive without federal allocation for nearly 5yrs lipsrsealed

dancing OSONDI OWENDI

wat pleases dem pleases their god lipsrsealed Thifunu!
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by Cuche: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
gleaf: Let me take u on Fidelity bank brand! Why will you reject such a brand that acts like its name Fidelity? Why will you reject people that made it scale through the turbulent times of banking industry, when other banks were finding it difficult to recapitalise with 25billion, this brand paid almost fifty to recapitalise without any merger or sacking of workers to cope, rather they kept on opening more branches. I am not a staff , am not even speakingor marketing for them. The character of people they present are pple with integrity and humility of the highest order.
We have tested them in leadership position and they performed very well and happens to be the best in financial prudence which 95percent of our current leaders lack. So why will a sane human being reject such a brand? Though I will understand why greedy and consienceless pple will reject them , cos they can't stand honety. As for Anambra! We are voting Fidelity(if that is what you call Obiano or APGA) for continuity and progress of the grass roots.
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
Op, what is wrong with you. How can you compare anambra state which it's capital was created in 1996 to lagos which it's capital was created before the 1920's. Aren't you ashamed of yourself? By my judgement, anambra is developing at a fast pace compared to lagos that has been there for more than 100yrs
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by Cuche: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
gleaf: Let me take u on Fidelity bank brand! .
Get your facts right, don't rely on what the thief goes about saying.
Fidelity + Manny + FSB=N50b capitalization
Honesty? 250m was ferried to Lagos Next plc monthly from Anambra until they were caught and they changed route to Abuja. Which bank was making that Cash available?
If Obi had done well, even if half of what Fashola has done with Lagos, he would have placed the coming election beyond the reach of APC and Ngige. Now he has become a preacher of "technocrat "
Re: It Is More Difficult To Govern Lagos Than Anambra. But Fashola... by Cuche: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
liberty300: Op, what is wrong with you. How can you compare anambra state which it's capital was created in 1996 to lagos which it's capital was created before the 1920's. Aren't you ashamed of yourself? By my judgement, anambra is developing at a fast pace compared to lagos that has been there for more than 100yrs
I am not just talking of development but the ability to manage a complex structure like a State comparing Mr Fashola whose managerial ability amazes me, with the great thief who calls himself "technocrat"

(1) (Reply)

An Improved Nigerian High Commission London / No More War: Sanusi Lamido Drops Suit Against President Jonathan / You’ll Soon Have Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.