Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - Webmasters (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! (242905 Views)

Free Training On How To Create NGO Websites And Business Paypal Account / Opencart And Wordpress FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! - / Free Training On How To Create Mobile Application For Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:23am On Nov 27, 2013
Try another port.

53cur3m0d3: @ZINO, done that, I accessed the file and changed the port 80 to 8080. Immediately I saved and restarted, it alerted me that port 8080 is being used by another application... I tried running the URL again but it's still displaying same empty page...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 5:26am On Nov 27, 2013
ZinoFego: Try another port.

PLS READ MY PREVIOUS POST AS I MODIFIED IT
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 5:29am On Nov 27, 2013
Oga mi, I don change port sotey... I dey on 705 now sf but e still nor work..
Appending any port to the localhost works, but when I append the /phpmyadmin to 'localhost:port', it doesn't work..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:46am On Nov 27, 2013
Since this isn't resolving at the moment, try another stack of Apache, PHP and MySQL like WAMP or XAMPP.

53cur3m0d3: Oga mi, I don change port sotey... I dey on 705 now sf but e still nor work..
Appending any port to the localhost works, but when I append the /phpmyadmin to 'localhost:port', it doesn't work..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 6:02am On Nov 27, 2013
ZinoFego: Since this isn't resolving at the moment, try another stack of Apache, PHP and MySQL like WAMP or XAMPP.

Thanks bro, I'll do that later in the day. For now, I need to get some sleep...
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Sabtoaelect: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2013
i have restart my system severally and its still d same. i am seriously confused pls help me
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 7:19am On Nov 27, 2013
Since this isn't resolving at the moment, try another stack of Apache, PHP and MySQL like WAMP or XAMPP.

Sabtoaelect: i have restart my system severally and its still d same. i am seriously confused pls help me
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Rizstar: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2013
@zinofego
pls is there any site i could download total free joomla form builder n other components . txn
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2013
There are no known developers who give free components to users since components are developed for specific purposes. Some sites may just have a few free components. Be careful with free extensions from unknown sources because they could be an avenue to compromise your site.

You can search for any component you want and if a free version is offered, please make sure you download it from source.

Send a message to the email address in my signature so I can forward 2 form builders to you.

Rizstar: @zinofego
pls is there any site i could download total free joomla form builder n other components . txn
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by candiva2013(m): 7:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
Thanks and GOD BLESS.

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
http://JoomShaper.com is offering 50% discount on all its membership plans.

This means you can get over 50 Premium Joomla Templates and Premium Joomla Extensions for about 4k! Offer ends by 2nd Dec. 2013.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:17am On Nov 28, 2013
Thank God I downloaded all other stacks together just to avoid gbege. The Ampps didn't work so I uninstalled it, and so did the Wamp but the Xampp 3.2.1 was my saving grace.
For Xampp users, to create database and install Joomla, use this link, it helped me... http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-mar-2013/item/1110-free-e-book-%E2%80%93-introducing-joomla-30-made-easy...
I'm currently installing Joomla as I post and the screenshot is below...
Thanks so much Zino, God bless U... I'll holla U pretty soon so we can talk...
And btw, the installation is taking too long. I've been staring at the installation process for more than 20mins, does it take that long?

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by onayemi1: 11:11am On Nov 28, 2013
ZINO, Thanks so muchfor the training

i downloaded joomla 3.2 and its taking so much time to install(more than one hour). please check the page below:
what can i do?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:29am On Nov 28, 2013
onayemi1: ZINO, Thanks so muchfor the training

i downloaded joomla 3.2 and its taking so much time to install(more than one hour). please check the page below:
what can i do?
Same problem I encountered so I restarted the system, na so I enta gobe... Wen I tried installing again, the layout on my PC was wack. Twas showing HTML codes like label so I cudn't select from the. Drop down menu... I cleaned up my PC again and still had same issue.... Pls help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Joomla 3.2 usually takes some time to complete the installation on stage 5. The first time I tried it, I couldn't get to make it install on Chrome browser, it was Firefox I finally worked after about 5 times but subsequently, there has been no issues.

Alternatively, download and install Joomla 2.5 and lets see if you will have the same problem.

53cur3m0d3:
Same problem I encountered so I restarted the system, na so I enta gobe... Wen I tried installing again, the layout on my PC was wack. Twas showing HTML codes like label so I cudn't select from the. Drop down menu... I cleaned up my PC again and still had same issue.... Pls help
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
ZinoFego: Joomla 3.2 usually takes some time to complete the installation on stage 5. The first time I tried it, I couldn't get to make it install on Chrome browser, it was Firefox I finally worked after about 5 times but subsequently, there has been no issues.

Alternatively, download and install Joomla 2.5 and lets see if you will have the same problem.

Thanks bro, wat's the installation timeframe for 2.5? I'll add U up on whatsapp to ask U some questions
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
If you are using AMPPS, you can use the script auto-installer to install Joomla. Just enter this link: http://localhost/ampps/index.php?act=software&soft=413. That is for Joomla 3.2.

When you are in the environment: http://localhost/ampps, you can walk your way around installing other scripts and apps.

53cur3m0d3:
Thanks bro, wat's the installation timeframe for 2.5? I'll add U up on whatsapp to ask U some questions
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
ZinoFego: If you are using AMPPS, you can use the script auto-installer to install Joomla. Just enter this link: http://localhost/ampps/index.php?act=software&soft=413. That is for Joomla 3.2.

When you are in the environment: http://localhost/ampps, you can walk your way around installing other scripts and apps.

Thanks bro, but I'm using Xampps, can I load it that way too?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
I don't think so, it does not have script installer.

53cur3m0d3:
Thanks bro, but I'm using Xampps, can I load it that way too?
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by majinice07: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Where can i download Xampps or Wamps please its urgent cos am in the cafe right now.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Just google them.

majinice07: Where can i download Xampps or Wamps please its urgent cos am in the cafe right now.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by majinice07: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
AM NOW IN THE XAMPP'S SITE WHERE SHOULD I CLICK TO DOWNLOAD IT, IT CONFUSING ME PLEASE MY TIME IS SOON UP.
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sunday478(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
majinice07: AM NOW IN THE XAMPP'S SITE WHERE SHOULD I CLICK TO DOWNLOAD IT, IT CONFUSING ME PLEASE MY TIME IS SOON UP.
stay on the page, press ctrl F on your keyboard and type download in the field. Try to follow one of the link provided, and check, if that is not giving u alink, go back again and try other the other search which the action of the ctrl f have found, most likely, try the one that shows like a button or the one that has an arrow pointing down

1 Like

Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
ZinoFego: I don't think so, it does not have script installer.

Nor mind me Sir jare, it's just http://localhost/JoomlaTraining and it loads the Joomla Web Installer page where U fill in the site parameters, admin email, admin, admin password etc.
I got disoriented when I restarted my system last nyt during the installation so Xampps (Mysql service) malfunctioned and I had to remove it, do system restore... I nearly ran mad sha but I hope to be thru tonyt... Thanks so much and don't forget my 'Xmas gift' o
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
majinice07: Where can i download Xampps or Wamps please its urgent cos am in the cafe right now.
I hope that cafe has large bandwidth for U to utilize o cos Xampps is around 219mb, Ampps is around 152mb while Wamp is 38.7mb so I'll advise U to go for Wamp for a start... And if everything goes right, U'll have WAMP properly working without glitches.
Also, know Ur system config before downloading Wamp. If Ur system is 32-bit, don't download 64-bit and vice versa else it'll just be a waste of Ur time, money and that cafe's bandwidth..
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
Your "Christmas gift" is in your inbox.

53cur3m0d3:
Nor mind me Sir jare, it's just http://localhost/JoomlaTraining and it loads the Joomla Web Installer page where U fill in the site parameters, admin email, admin, admin password etc.
I got disoriented when I restarted my system last nyt during the installation so Xampps (Mysql service) malfunctioned and I had to remove it, do system restore... I nearly ran mad sha but I hope to be thru tonyt... Thanks so much and don't forget my 'Xmas gift' o
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:39am On Nov 29, 2013
ZinoFego: Your "Christmas gift" is in your inbox.

Thanks boss
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:57am On Nov 29, 2013
As at now, the final stage of the installation just started. Start Time : 1:55am.. Stop Time : _____
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by ZinoFego: 2:00am On Nov 29, 2013
Just relax, it'll certainly complete.

53cur3m0d3: As at now, the final stage of the installation just started. Start Time : 1:55am.. Stop Time : _____
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:04am On Nov 29, 2013
ZinoFego: Just relax, it'll certainly complete.

I'm relaxing comfortably at the moment. My mind is faraway in the Bahamas doing U know what happens in the Bahamas na...
Edit at 04:03 : 2hrs gone... I need people to slap this my system for me
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by sodson11(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2013
Wia is my own 'Xmas gift' Joomla 3.2 nt removing installation file,aw do i install
Re: Joomla FREE Training On Nairaland Live!!! by Rizstar: 8:11am On Nov 29, 2013
ZinoFego: Your "Christmas gift" is in your inbox.

please i sent u a mail concerning d form builder. pls kindly respond 2 me. txns

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (69) (Reply)

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.